Kalispell Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Co workers
Barista (Current Employee) –  Grounds and grainsOctober 4, 2017
The hospital can be a good place to work depending on the department you are in. The nutrition services are ok, but the management is not great. Plenty of friendly people but schedules and such can be hectic.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Stressful
Never boring
Manager Financial Analysis (Former Employee) –  Kalispell, MTAugust 17, 2017
The lack of formal training and/or process documentation for job duties can be frustrating for those expecting to receive any structured training for new hires.
Official response from Kalispell Regional Medical Center
August 18, 2017

Thank you for your review. We really appreciate when former employees take the time to share their experiences.

A good company to work for
Admitting Representative (Former Employee) –  Kalispell, MTAugust 4, 2017
Great company to work for, management is understanding and supportive. The company does everything possible to create a welcoming working environment and wants their employees to strive.
fast paced and stressfull
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kalispell, MTJuly 19, 2017
Time management is a must at KRMC. You must make quick assessments and good judgement calls. Good customer service is a must. Privacy is the most important part of caring for patients. I cared for oncology patients so the tough part was loosing a patient. The best part was making a difference in someone's life.
Pros
benifits
Cons
stress
The best employer in town beat only by a city job
Technical Support II Technician (Former Employee) –  Kalispell, MTJuly 12, 2017
Kalispell MT is a hard place to find decent work. This is basically as good as it gets unless you land work with the city.

Pay is not competitive in the least, but that's statewide, healthcare is pretty good considering the hospital is self insured.

Enjoyed my co-workers and built some long term friendships. Good experience, work feels important. Very compartmentalized - you'll find yourself frustrated by this - you will.
Second family
CNA/HUC (Current Employee) –  Kalispell, MTMay 3, 2017
I have worked at KRMC for the last 12 years. I have met many wonderful and giving people in my time here, and even when things get stressful at times (and it does) I know that I have a support system within my co-workers to lift me up and make me laugh. In October 2016 I joined the new PEDS/PICU unit and have been blown away by the wonderful care that the nurses/physicians give to the precious little ones that come through our doors. I feel that it is an honor to be a part of such a wonderful and giving work community & that I have always been supported by and given so many opportunities to better myself and be a part of.
Great New Pediatric/PICU Department
RN Staff PICU (Current Employee) –  Kalispell, MTMay 3, 2017
The new Pediatric/Pediatric Intensive Care Unit opened October 2017. Patient census has been overall steady and frequent. There have been many opportunities for overtime, but never as mandatory. Infrequent low-census days. Great manager that advocates for staff and unit needs. Love my coworkers, we are a family. Nursing, auxiliary, and Physician’s work well as one team. Physicians who listen and respect nursing staff. The variety of patients offer numerous learning opportunities. Competitive pay.
Pros
gift cards to coffee shop given frequently
Cons
New building for NICU/PEDS/PICU not finished yet
A great place where you can feel pride in the contributions made to the community in which we live
Medical Transcriptionist II (Current Employee) –  at homeApril 11, 2017
We work hard to produce high quality medical records and support our physicians and their patients. Our administration is very supportive of us and our efforts and we all work together to provide our community the best medical care in the area. I love being able to work from home and still feel very connected to my work and my team.
Pros
working from home
Cons
none really
Great Nursing Staff!
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kalispell, MTMarch 7, 2017
I could not have asked for a better experiance than the one KRMC provided me. The nursing staff up on 3rd medical was extremely helpful and more than willing to teach on the job when new sitiations arised!
Pros
Amazing nursing staff, good wage, friendly workplace culture
Cons
short staffed during flu season
Can be a fun place to work
Communication Center Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Kalispell, MTFebruary 2, 2017
I have worked here almost 7 years. The wage is low. They will offer you a really low wage to see if you take it. I have learned a lot from this job. The next job I obtain I will seek a better wage.
Pros
I work three days
Cons
Low wage
A great experience to enter the medical field
Radiology Aide/CNA (Former Employee) –  Kalispell, MT 59901December 13, 2016
I was introduced to the medical field working here. The staff I worked with gave me the greatest knowledge to enter this field. I praise them for their knowledge and kindness
Patients were great
Certified Nursing Assistant Student (Former Employee) –  Kalispell, MTSeptember 16, 2016
Coworkers were sometimes rude to the patients but overall it was a nice environment. I enjoyed the honest hard work I did
Loved working with the people
RESEARCH ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Kalispell, MTApril 5, 2016
fast paced enviroment. Built upon my medical skillset every day that I was there. Loved the people I worked with and the patients that we were trying to help gain a better quality of life. Love challenges and the fast paced environment which also helped the day go by faster but yet you knew what you were doing really mattered which gave you a better feeling about self.
Pros
Busy work and fast pace. Loved the people
Cons
they werent following some of the guidelines like they should of been
Its a beautiful place to work
Nursing Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Kalispell, MTMarch 23, 2016
A typical day is putting out fires and helping those who need it. I have learned how to work with a wide variety of people and will miss most of them greatly.
Ok place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kalispell, MTJanuary 23, 2016
Busy, understaffed
Compassion and caring towards others
Management Unprofessional
Enjoyed working as part of a team
Pros
enjoyed working with other staff and team work envolved
Cons
Management not friendly to staff and showed no professionalism
Laundry/Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Kalispell, MTJanuary 11, 2016
You are always on your feet you get two 15 min breaks and a 30 min lunch . you gain strength and are always busy. when i do my job i get it done and i go or i work over time and come in when someone calls in. very hard work that people dont know in til they do it themselfs.
Awesome clinical experience!
Student LPN (Former Employee) –  Kalispell, MTJuly 22, 2015
It was exciting to be able to experience the fast-paced environment at KRMC. I enjoyed my clinical rotation there on the med/surg floor.
Brendan House Social Worker
Social Work (Former Employee) –  Kalispell, MTMay 29, 2015
Head social worker dislikes people on Medicaid (hypocritically), overweight people and Native Americans. She feels threatened that other social workers want her job. She is very rude. So find a job someplace more respectful if you might have to deal with her.
Fun, enjoyable, place to work!
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Columbia Falls, MTApril 24, 2015
KRMC is a friendly environment to be in daily. I love being a part of the KRMC team! You learn what true teamwork means when you are apart of KRMC. The most enjoyable part of being a part of KRMC is seeing your friendly co-workers everyday.
Don't even think about it
ex eployee (Former Employee) –  KalispellMarch 26, 2015
This department has a very bad and unprofessional manager. Upper management is spinless and will not fix the problems. A very toxic work environment. Employees afraid to even talk to eachother. Cronyism a problem here. If you want to be treated like a subject and not a professional, with marginal benefits and low wages, then go for it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kalispell Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Kalispell Regional Medical Center Reviews by Location