Kalkaska Memorial Health Center Employee Reviews

As a Housekeeper
Manager (Former Employee) –  Kalkaska, MIApril 18, 2017
As a afternoon housekeeper It was my job to do deep cleaning the Laboratory, radiation, physical therapy areas, Front offices. ER area. About 10 bathrooms, twice a day. Two dining rooms. Take out garage. Take laundry to laundry room.
Pros
breaks
Cons
Needed to be more then one person doing this job
Family Oriented, Great Team Approach
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Kalkaska, MIFebruary 19, 2017
Working in a small community ER, where stabilization becomes second nature to our wonderful community. The KMHC facility has become a pillar of the community bringing services to Long Term Care, Dialysis, Acute Care, Out Patient Surgical Services, Eye Care, Specialty Care, Rehabilitation Services. The hardest part of working in the ER would be seeing the people you just served go to Munson Medical Center. We are trying to become a unit that has the ability to keep our own.
The most rewarding part of working in the ER is saving a life and seeing them in the community functioning a helping others to thrive.
Pros
Working with wonderful people
Cons
Often miss lunch due to patient volume
Very fun an Productive workplace
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kalkaska, MIJanuary 29, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of caring for the residents an completing their ADL's( Activities of Daily Living) which they no longer can do for themselves. I have learned a great deal, working here. Hands on experience in the CNA field is much more helpful too me then just my CNA class itself. When I first started at Kalkaska Memorial Health, everyone welcomed me with arms stretched wide. All my coworkers went the extra mile too help me out an for that I am grateful. I would say the hardest part of my job was handling the high stress level of the unit. I would say being on the Memory care unit, which is focused around residents with dementia, is a different more higher level of stress then just a basic geriatric side. You deal with multiple personalities, and multiple behaviors. The most enjoyable part of my job, was that I got to know each resident on a personal level, an each of their needs. I got to perform hands on care, and make each resident feel cared for, and happy in the nursing home, as it is their home now.
Interning at KMHC
Intern Student (Former Employee) –  Kalkaska, MIJanuary 10, 2015
Interning here was awesome! Had such a great experience as an intern at this hospital.
awesome atmosphere
R.N. Nurse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kalkaska, MIJuly 16, 2014
loved my job at kmhc ,wonderful staff , one of the best directors of nursing I had in my life as a floor nurse learned a lot from her
Eden facility makes for excellent working conditions.
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Kalkaska, MINovember 19, 2013
loved working at KMHC. My staff I worked with was the best, we were a fantastic team. All our residents were treated like family. The eden philosophy is a great way to work.
Great Place to work.
Emergency Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  Kalkaska, MIOctober 24, 2013
Family oriented with good work place values.Loved working with all co-workers and management.
Satisfied
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Kalkaska, MIOctober 21, 2012
I worked at this hospital far too long not to have good things to say about it. I knew almost everyone who worked here and I was liked by everyone I had contact with. The only problem I had with this job was that they did not pay what a person was worth, I worked eight years for a company who did not give raises other than a cost of living raise that was not guaranteed every year. The only way to earn more money was to advance in your job or take another position. Management was scarce in my department and we were a self-directed team. I think we worked well together but needed more guidance from a superior.
Pros
comfortable in my position
Cons
did not pay well

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kalkaska Memorial Health Center. Our community is ready to answer.

4.7