Kaman Industrial Technologies

Kaman Industrial Technologies Employer Reviews

Awesome
Accounting Analyst (Former Employee), Windsor, CTJuly 21, 2014
Great place to work and the people are great. I would recommend this position to anyone
An industry leader
Operations Manager (Former Employee), El Paso, TXJanuary 14, 2014
There is no such thing as a typical day as everyday brings new inspirations and ideas to the table. I learned to work with a multitude of personalities and establish lifetime friendships with the clients. I learned that people buy from people and if you treat them as such, you will have a loyal customer for life. Management is always on the up and up – more... to see the company succeed and they are a great support system if you require their assistance. Co-workers were the best I've ever had the pleasure to work with, they are eager to help everyone from their co-worker to their customer and most of them are veterans to this industry and are extremely knowledgeable. I can't say this job had serious difficulties as it was one of the most enjoyable places I've ever worked at. – less
Great people company
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee), Colton, CAJanuary 2, 2014
Pros: great work time 5 days a week
Cons: not enough salary
Great people to work with and a great hours. It does take a long
time to learn the industry as with over 4,000,000 parts.
Ok place to work for
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Corona, CADecember 12, 2013
Pros: going home
Cons: clocking in
Parts delivery driver. Sometimes pretty easy going other days were grind all that low pay out of you. Company overall was not bad to work for though.
Worst company I ever worked for
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FloridaOctober 14, 2013
Pros: not a thing!!
Cons: if you ever get on there permanent you have to take a major pay cut!!
This was the worst company I have ever worked for. During my 6 weeks of employment there I was a QC Inspector. All our paperwork was on the intranet. We as temp employees were not permitted to go on the intranet. So we had to go to regular employees. Well as luck would have it they took all the regular employees and moved them to other areas to work. – more... It was like giving us a job to do then tying our hands behind our backs and asking us to do a job!! Even the full time employees hate working there. But with the economy the way it is they can't find work elsewhere!!! – less
good company
Accounts Receivable/Cash Sales (Former Employee), fort wayne, inJuly 5, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: long drive
Posting cash sales for our company's locations throughout the US.
Reconciling customers accounts. Working with our Credit and Collections department on balancing accounts. Logging journal spreadsheet for our daily bank deposits for record keeping and G/L department.
Productive and fun workplace, very family oriented
Shipping/Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), Augusta, GAJune 4, 2013
Pros: free lunch usually every other week, flexible on leave time
typical day included daily pick lists or customer order sheets. Fill the orders, pack them up for delivery, deliver packages making sure to route delivery so as not to backtrack or get stuck in traffic.
learned a lot about inventory control in the warehouse, and learned to to try and plan out the day early.
Co-workers are really great people, ready – more... to help or point you in the right direction.
hardest part was keeping inventory up to date while also making daily deliveries – less
Extensive RIF
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee), Bloomfield, CTMarch 25, 2013
Extensive RIF and new inconsistent management is creating a difficult environment for current and surviving employees.

April 22, 2013

Yes -I agreed -formal employee Kaman does are show loyal to their employee they recent laid off 120 employee some are them I know was there for over 20 years and now to see that they are hiring new worker is not right. A month before the lay off the company sent a email out requested that if you are age 55 and over please retire and some many words. Look like to me this is age discrimination. It is unlawful for a company to have a Reduction In Force and tunn around three week later and start bring in new worker and keeping tempoary worker on staff. Not a good company to work for. Every one get treated different.

I cleaned the offices in the evening.
Office Cleaning (Former Employee), Lima, OHOctober 8, 2012
I worked in the evenings so many times the employees had already gone home for the day. Overall, the job was good and helpful for me in getting work experience.
Kaman Industrial Summary
Business Processor/ AP Processor (Current Employee), Fort Wayne, INSeptember 19, 2012
Pros: easy to do.
Cons: boring.
With Kaman I currently hold two positions. I work as a business processor. In that department, I get all incoming mail and break it down so that it can be scanned into an electronic system. Once it is in the electronic system we then validate the information that is on the invoices. This insures we are paying the correct amount, fright, and taxes.

In – more... the other positon AP processor- I receive the invoices again where I code all variances to general ledger accounts and once verified- checks are cut and sent out to our vendors. – less
Learning something new every day.
Driver/Shipping and receiving clerk (Former Employee), Norfolk, VASeptember 5, 2012
This company is a fast growing company in this area. The employees are one of a kind with many years of experience.
Great hours and great employee benefits
Driver (Former Employee), Fort Collins, ColoradoJuly 19, 2012
Pros: lots of room to advance within the company
Cons: no over-time, no flexible schedule
Overall I had a good six years with Kaman, great people and lots of opportunity to learn.
Great Place to work
DISTRICT MANAGER (Former Employee), Jackson, MOJune 11, 2012
Pros: 401k
Cons: allot of management
Large Corporation with a small business feel. Great products which made it easier to sell. Distance between the territories I covered made it hard.
Steady work and challenging everyday.
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Jonesboro, ARMarch 27, 2012
Pros: work environment, management, co-workers, pay
Cons: benefits, driving distance
I was able to work independantly, make decisions on my own, and set up the tool crib like I wanted. Management gave me a lot of independance which is refreshing.
Could use more input from customers
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Grimes, IANovember 15, 2011
Helpful in receiving training that is related to job requirements.

About Kaman Industrial Technologies

Lost? Kaman Industrial Technologies (KIT) has your bearings. As the distribution¬†arm of Kaman Corp., the company¬†supplies more – Read more