Kaman Industrial Technologies

Kaman Industrial Technologies Employee Reviews

Ridiculous
CNC Programmer (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield, CTAugust 21, 2016
Kaman Corp in Bloomfield Ct . What a joke . People are mostly from low income foreign countries. They will destroy your drive to succeed by the smell of fish on their breath . Management is blind and don't really care about anything other than their own butts. HR.... Please , they suck . Enough said . Everyone loves the plant manager . " he started just like us . On the floor " .. He's a jerk too . Couldn't get the time off day from him . I got suckered into this place by " promises " as a programmer , but left on a Friday after 2 months and just didn't return . STAY AWAY
Pros
Leaving
Cons
Liars, backstabbers, and stinky people
RipOff!
Line Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 1, 2016
Their marketing writes checks the company can't cash.

Their quality control is supervised by people with no experience.

Their management is a joke.

After working in three different locations, their Atlanta location is the worse.
Worst company to work for
quality engineer (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield, CTJanuary 19, 2016
Worst one. Had hired without even noticing other details. Like citizenship requirements. poor HR and management..

The HR practise was so horrible that they had no explanation for why the mishap happened and no sorry what soever.
lies, lies, lies and more lies
Engineering Departmenf (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield, CTJanuary 11, 2016
This is a review from the salaried side of Kamatics. In less than 90 days went through 3....count them ..... 3 different supervisors.
Within the first 2 weeks of being there numerous "New hires" literally walked out and did not come back.
Promises of proper following procedures and ensuring proper training (where required) would be provided. By their definition of proper training was sitting you with a different individual for no more than an hour at a time and calling it proper training.
Coworkers were worse than high schoolers. Gossip gossip gossip.
If you are a properly trained engineer and decide to work there be prepared for the most unorganized, chaiotic system of getting work done. (Or remotely getting anything done)
Extremely dissapointed in the way management handled personnel. Seemed as if the less you did the more you were rewarded.
I made the mistake of looking at the company and the room for growth over pay.
The President is a wonderful guy and really does treat people with lots of respect but I don't believe he knows the types of caddy childish things that go on that are so counter productive to the company. They could be doing double of what they are doing now if it wernt for the rediculus childish employees that are the employees who are rewarded the most by doing the least.
And if you do have a good idea or better way of doing things, get it all documented and do not share that info with anyone else until management knows the improvement came from you. Coworkers will stoop that low into stealing your ideas. Because they are not smart enough to think
  more... for themselves.  less
Pros
well maintained facility
Cons
salary was horrible, along with manangement, human resources and most coworkers still needed diapers
The worst working environment imaginable
Manufacturing engineer (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 3, 2015
If you like working in a terrible environment with aggressive hateful employees this is the place for you! Stressful waste of life working here. Obstinate, know it alls that are truly clueless
Pros
Late day working there
Cons
Ever hiring on

Comment – January 23, 2016

Any positive response posted here about Kaman is delusional propaganda, no doubt posted by Kaman management and/or HR. This place is the WORST imaginable. Hire on & see for yourself. Engineering is particularly a bad place to be there.

Nice people to work with.
Tax Billing Clerk-Temporary Assignment (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield, CTNovember 24, 2015
I worked through a temp agency and knew what I had to do daily. Worked well on my own and didn't require much supervision. When the work load slowed down, I asked other people if they needed help.
Cons
New department, needs better orgainization.
Good company to work for
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 19, 2015
A good company to work for with a lot of opportunities to learn industrial sales and industrial distribution. A fun company.
Good People, Weak Management, Poor Compensation
Inside Sales (CSR) (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaNovember 11, 2015
Summary says it all.
Hard to get fired so it's also hard to get rid of under-performers and troublemakers.
Some people have been stuck at base level positions for years and there's very little incentive to move up.
Looking for a cushy job, great.
Looking for a place to advance, good luck.
Looking for weak team leaders and crisis managers, great.
Looking for good benefits, excellent.
Looking for decent paycheck, look elsewhere.
Pros
Great benefits packages. Decent work, no weekends.
Cons
Lowest pay in industry. Weak management. Clique culture, misguided disorganized business model.
Successful growth driven sales professional looking for exciting new opportunity to showcase my abilities.
Account manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus OhioOctober 15, 2015
I have a long successful sales history selling a variety of products ranging from consumer products such a food, and household products, industrial parts, and technology driven products in the imaging industry. I am looking for the right opportunity to utlilize my talents, to grow, and increase my revenue.
Pros
Dynamic work environment with a "team" atmosphere.
Cons
More counter productive paperwork than productive sales time.
Relaxed work environment
Inside Sales / Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 14, 2015
Began with a local family owned company and was purchased by a national publicly owned corporation. The bottom line became the most important to management instead of customer satisfaction.
Pros
Relaxed work environment.
Cons
Corporate control instead of local emphasis.
Great place.
Assembler / Representative (Former Employee) –  victorville, caJune 25, 2015
Great place to work at if you can get in. 40 hour week monday throught friday. Great co-workers. Great place for ball bearings.
Pros
Work environment
Cons
slow advancement
family friendly work environment
Editor/CSR/Office Admin (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 6, 2015
Was given many opportunities to take on new challenges, and the people were friendly and fun to work with. Worked with designated customer base.
Productive and fast pace environment.
WAREHOUSE & INSIDE SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSApril 10, 2015
Start day off with going through emails and phone messages, return emails and phone calls. Order entry, check up on inbound orders from suppliers, send out updates on orders to customers.

Learned about the industrial industry and production.

Management was very good and always there to help out when needed as well as helping me learn and understand new parts and how they work.

Co-workers were friendly and always there to offer help when needed and to work as a team.

Hardest part of the job was to understand there are many parts in the industrial industry and will take time to learn. Definitely not something you can learn over night.

Most enjoyable part of the job was being mechanically inclined and learning how production plants produce product.
Pros
Having the opportunity to tour many production plants.
Cons
Long drive to work.
Sucks!!!!!!!!
customer service rep / warehouse (Former Employee) –  Birmingham AlSeptember 2, 2014
I worked for Kaman IndustrialTechnologies for four years, as a Driver and I also.worked in the Hose shop this job is a waist of time. Kaman Industrial Technologies is no where to work if you have a family because the dont care anything about there workers thats un the warehouse, They have there picks and chooses,the only time u be acknowledged of doing a good job is when u getting thungs out to get the management and insides/ outside sales bonuses for them. The company took away the bonuses tht was givung to us at one time and raises that we received and suppose ti receive every year,all the time that i work there i receive 30 cent in raise which wasnt nothing. Another thing is they work you all day.barely want u to break witjout them.saying some to u,Its a hot environment in Summer where when i was there we went to.our manager and couldnt.get.fans ornun and also.in.the.Winter u stays sicks because of no.heat and the little heat they have its pointed on to the machinery. Kaman isnt no place for a man that has a family and trying tomake it to work for and i am a living wirness and i was one of there best workers there but never got an acknowledgement on nothing that ive done to make rhe company better all i wanna say folk Thank God i left there becayse it a dead end job.
Pros
no good things
Cons
healthcare
Awesome
Accounting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTJuly 21, 2014
Great place to work and the people are great. I would recommend this position to anyone
An industry leader
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 14, 2014
There is no such thing as a typical day as everyday brings new inspirations and ideas to the table. I learned to work with a multitude of personalities and establish lifetime friendships with the clients. I learned that people buy from people and if you treat them as such, you will have a loyal customer for life. Management is always on the up and up to see the company succeed and they are a great support system if you require their assistance. Co-workers were the best I've ever had the pleasure to work with, they are eager to help everyone from their co-worker to their customer and most of them are veterans to this industry and are extremely knowledgeable. I can't say this job had serious difficulties as it was one of the most enjoyable places I've ever worked at.
Great people company
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Colton, CAJanuary 2, 2014
Great people to work with and a great hours. It does take a long
time to learn the industry as with over 4,000,000 parts.
Pros
great work time 5 days a week
Cons
not enough salary
Ok place to work for
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Corona, CADecember 12, 2013
Parts delivery driver. Sometimes pretty easy going other days were grind all that low pay out of you. Company overall was not bad to work for though.
Pros
going home
Cons
clocking in
Worst company I ever worked for
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FloridaOctober 14, 2013
This was the worst company I have ever worked for. During my 6 weeks of employment there I was a QC Inspector. All our paperwork was on the intranet. We as temp employees were not permitted to go on the intranet. So we had to go to regular employees. Well as luck would have it they took all the regular employees and moved them to other areas to work. It was like giving us a job to do then tying our hands behind our backs and asking us to do a job!! Even the full time employees hate working there. But with the economy the way it is they can't find work elsewhere!!!
Pros
not a thing!!
Cons
if you ever get on there permanent you have to take a major pay cut!!
good company
Accounts Receivable/Cash Sales (Former Employee) –  fort wayne, inJuly 5, 2013
Posting cash sales for our company's locations throughout the US.
Reconciling customers accounts. Working with our Credit and Collections department on balancing accounts. Logging journal spreadsheet for our daily bank deposits for record keeping and G/L department.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
long drive

2.8