Kamehameha Schools Employee Reviews

Fun place to work, great staff
Attendance Clerk (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HINovember 27, 2017
I really enjoyed my time here, really sad to leave. The staff and students were great to work with. The location of the school site and property was very beautiful, we had amazing ocean views from our office. It was a private self funded school.
Pros
Flexible with time off, great support with co workers.
Cons
Unable to take complete lunch, always busy
If you live in Hawaii, Kamehameha Schools is one of the best place to work.
Counselor (Current Employee) –  Kahului, HIOctober 13, 2017
It would be really difficult for me to leave my position at Kamehameha Schools. As staff, we are taken care of and valued by our institution. I am looking for another opportunity to move away due to personal reasons and family obligations.
Good work environment
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HISeptember 30, 2017
It was amazing opportunity to work for the High school that I attended and the way they treated us as employees were both respectful and helpful. The teachers did a great job helping the students learn more or become interested in the STEM field, and for me personally, it was a very rewarding program to be a part of.
Good
Security Offi (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMay 16, 2017
Working at Kamehameha .Schools is a large campus and covers many facilities. You need to know the entire campus and how to respond quickly. Such as, every entrance/exits and where the alarms or emergencies are occurring. Must good report writing skills. Leg with the public, students and staff.
Every day is not routine, over 20 plus events and hundreds of people and vehicles come on campus.
Pros
Knowing you are providing a safe environment for students, staff and the public.
Cons
No cons
An amazing friendly organization
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMay 4, 2017
No matter who you are, the staff as well as the parents and alumni takes good care of the transportation drivers. Lots of hours to work with equal work given to all drivers. Loved working and meeting students who I built long friendships with as well as their parents.
Pros
Free lunch, free parking
Cons
non
Summer School Aid
Student Aid (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMay 2, 2017
Everything was very organized. We had set plans throughout the day of what we were going to do. Staff was easy going and very fun to work with. Helped a lot that I was a student at Kamehameha.
Fun place to work over the summer
Night Enrichment Assistant (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIApril 5, 2017
I got to work with the children of Hawaii and teach them all about their Hawaiian culture. The work environment was great and all my co-workers got along well.
Very productive, and streeful enviroment.
Cook 3 On Call (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIFebruary 13, 2017
Very nice facility, very big kitchen, state of the art equipment, very big staff....and always very busy. But it was always centered around one thing ...the students of Kamehameha and the Legacy of Bernice Pauahi Bishop.
Pros
Free lunch, preview to all foodservice functions outside of work.
Cons
Long work hours.
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJanuary 25, 2017
Working with kids always brings some type of satisfaction. I loved learning the culture and also sharing it with others. Coworkers and Administrators were fun to work with.
excellence
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HINovember 1, 2016
the organization is one of excellence, they departments all work in unison for the sole purpose to fulfill the mission of Kamehameha Schools.
Great people
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMay 4, 2016
Great to work with, Understanding good work environment. Sub contract occamsec out of NY Cyber security. Worked under other poeple as a team covering weekly Dashboards.
Love this job!
Financial Aid Analyst (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIApril 22, 2016
The work is so rewarding! It's an amazing feeling to know that I am providing education for children and that we are able to help families in need.
Pros
Rewarding work
Cons
Management needs some improvement
Physical work
Operation Services (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIFebruary 1, 2016
Wanting to get back into sales, miss it a lot. Have a degree in Marketing and would like to use it. Miss talk and sell to people and businesses.
Great place to work.
Finance Manager (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJanuary 28, 2016
Great mission to improve the well being of the indigenous people of the state through educational opportunities. The organization is currently in a strategic implementation phase with lots of exciting changes and challeges occuring.
Pros
Good employee benefits
Cons
large organization with lots of procedures and bureacracy
Fun yet hard working job
Administrative Coordinator Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wailuku, HINovember 4, 2015
I learned a lot about how to effectively teach a young child and how to be a positive role model in their life. Being that we are the first educators they experience, I tried to make learning fun and memorable. Kamehameha Schools really takes care of their employees.
Pros
Too much to mention
Cons
short breaks
Library Assistant
MIDKIFF LIBRARY ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIOctober 29, 2015
I spent my time shelving books and organizing the section I was assigned to. I also retrieved special references for faculty, staff and students.
Job was good
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kailua-Kona, HISeptember 24, 2015
I enjoyed working with my co-workers. The work also kept me busy and I learned a lot about the education side of the company. The office was growing and trying to incorporate all different divisions into one was hard at first but it got better
Pros
The workers were great, we did have alot of trip to Oahu to the main office on Oahu
Cons
Politics, communications
An Kindergarten to 12 Education Establishment
High School Teacher (Former Employee) –  hawaiiAugust 19, 2015
School year begins in early August and ends in late May. Campus is located in Keaau area. Uses common core standards and offers a selection of elective at the high school level
Sad what is happening now. Very poor upper management have lost sight of the Princess' vision. No true Aloha. No values. It's all about the $$$$
Manager (Former Employee) –  rather not say but on a neighbor islandJuly 23, 2015
Long, thankless days. Snotty and snooty upper management. (corporate at Kawaiaha'o Plaza. Yes, them! They have no clue what a servant leader does or how to work with human beings. Dee Jay, Sylvia, Lauren...we miss you so much!!!! Now, it's just about the numbers and selfie pats on their own backs. They even hand out little stars for us to put on their goals. Who do they think got them to reaching those goals anyway? Not them! The most enjoyable part of the job is the camaraderie among the other worker bees like me. I'm outta' there. Enough is enough.
Pros
Support from my teammates
Cons
All the changes and no communication from upper management since Dee Jay, Sylvia and Lauren left. Boo hoo. I'm sad. :(
Fun and great learning experience
Summer School Aide (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJuly 2, 2015
I worked for the Summer with children that ranged from the ages 4-5. A typical day at work would be supervising the children playing in the morning, then I would take them to pool and help them swim for 40 minutes at a time. I learned to have a lot of patience during this job. We would rotate the children throughout the day between the different activities. The management I worked for was amazing and very energetic. My coworkers were other students that either graduated from Kamehameha or currently in school. Everyone I worked with were great and were very helpful. The hardest part of the job was trying to gain the trust of the non experience swimmers. I would usually have the group that didn't really know how to swim. This was also the most enjoyable part of the job. It was a great feelings to see them progress, learn and even jump towards me with full confidence. I enjoyed helping the children learn the basics of swimming and it was great to see their excitement grow throughout the summer.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kamehameha Schools. Our community is ready to answer.

Kamehameha Schools Reviews by Location