Kamehameha Schools

Kamehameha Schools Employer Reviews

Nepotism
Peon (Current Employee), Honolulu, HINovember 13, 2013
Pros: free lunch. tons of paid professional development, get paid to learn hawaiian language, healthcare, nice facilities, various other benefits
Cons: nepotism and racial supremacy
The culture here is very odd. They are very partial to Polynesians and it is commonplace to put down those who are not of the appropriate heritage. Obligatory professional development situations try to brainwash employees that Polynesians are better than all other races of people. It is interesting to learn about native Hawaiian culture and to learn – more... about the language but it is uncomfortable to be told that you are not as good as them or that you cannot be promoted due to your own heritage. It is also an unhealthy environment for the children of the school to be taught this way. And unhealthy for the adults who work there to buy into. I do not recommend this environment. If you are Polynesian I think the culture here is odd and unhealthy. If you are not I think it is hurtful to work in this environment. I agree that the founders would not be pleased with the irresponsible teachings and behaviors here. – less
cronies and former students only
Grunt (Current Employee), HonoluluOctober 22, 2013
Pros: school to educate hawaiian children.
Cons: corrupt management and trustees.
Pros – School to educate Hawaiian children. $9.4 Billion asset to fund schools. Involved in local community to educate Hawaiian culture
Cons – corrupt management and trustees. Trustees wants 10 year term being paid over $90,000. What do they exactly do? If Princess Bernice only knew of this corruption in the schools.
i agree with one of the reviewer – more... that this school only hire former students and cronies. You will be interviewed but they will just waste your time. Don't bother to apply if you are not related to this school.
Advice to Senior Management – replace the corrupt management and cronies trustees and replace them with honest people.
No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company – less
Well organized and student centered
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee), HIApril 19, 2012
Pros: free lunch
Kamehameha schools uses structure and discipline to keep campus running smoothly. The students know excellence is expected from them and they give it. The classes incorporate rigor and experimentation.
The teaching staff is there to support you if you have questions, a real team environment.
The administration is always available.
A model of education!
I – more... would still be working there if I was on island! – less
Good organization. Meaningful mission. Many wonderful and competent people.
Chief Financial Officer / Vice President (Former Employee), Honolulu, HIMarch 28, 2012
Kamehameha Schools is a native Hawaiian organization focusing all of its resources on the education of native Hawaiian children. KS has a number of highly compentent people who are very dedicated to its mission.

About Kamehameha Schools

Kamehameha Schools provides an education fit for a king ... or queen. The private charitable trust was founded and endowed by – Read more

Kamehameha Schools Photos