Established in 1984, Kana Pipeline, Inc., a professional contracting company, aims to be the leading underground wet utility pipeline construction company that installs, domestic and recycled water, fireline, sewer pipeline and storm drainage systems for public and private residential, commercial, industrial and institutional new construction projects throughout Southern California. Kana Pipeline also specializes in Subsurface Utility Engineering (SUE); specifically, vacuum utility potholing and private utility
locating services, which is complementary to its pipeline division. Kana Pipeline serves developers, general contractors, engineers, public and private agencies and water districts.
Kana Pipeline, Inc.
1639 E. Miraloma Ave. Placentia, CA 92870
Hours/Week 40+ hours job (as needed)
2. Clothing/Uniform Allowance
3. Dental Insurance
4. Health Insurance
7. Sick Leave
How to Apply
Email resume to employment @ kanapipeline.com, apply online at www.kanapipeline.com and
attach resume or, mail resume to Kana Pipeline, Inc., fax or walk-ins welcome.
Custom Job Purpose
Take ownership of assigned jobsite, directly supervise and coordinate activities on a pipeline
Construction project and work in a safe, timely and profitable manner.
Reports to Project Manager
1. Estimate material or worker requirements to complete jobs.
2. Supervise, coordinate, or schedule the activities of construction workers.
3. Confer with managerial or technical personnel, other departments, or contractors to resolve
problems or to coordinate activities.
4. Coordinate work activities with other construction project activities.
5. Examine and inspect work progress, equipment, and construction sites to verify safety and to
ensure that specifications are met.
6. Read specifications, such as blueprints, to determine construction requirements or to plan
7. Order materials or supplies.
8. Locate, measure, and mark site locations or placement of structures or equipment, using
measuring and marking equipment.
9. Record information such as personnel, production, or operational data on specified forms or
10. Assign work to employees, based on material or worker requirements of specific jobs.
11. Provide assistance to workers engaged in construction or extraction activities, using hand
tools or other equipment.
12. Train workers in construction methods, operation of equipment, safety procedures, or
13. Analyze worker or production problems and recommend solutions, such as improving
production methods or implementing motivational plans.
14. Arrange for repairs of equipment or machinery.
15. Suggest or initiate personnel actions, such as promotions, transfers, or hires.
Requires using hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools or controls, Requires standing,Requires telephone conversations, Requires writing letters and memos, Requires face-to-face discussions with individuals or teams, Requires contact with others (face-to-face, by telephone, or otherwise), Requires competition or awareness of competitive pressures, Includes conflict situations, Requires dealing with unpleasant, angry, or discourteous people, Requires working in very hot (above 90 F degrees) or very cold (below 32 F degrees) temperatures, Requires working in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions, Includes exposure to sounds and noise levels that are distracting or uncomfortable, Requires making decisions that impact the results of
co-workers, clients or the company, Mistakes are not easily correctable and have serious
consequences, Opportunity to make decisions without supervision, Requires making decisions that affect other people, the financial resources, and/or the image and reputation of the organization, Requires exposure to hazardous equipment, Requires repeating the same physical activities or mental activities over and over, Freedom to determine tasks, priorities, and goals, Requires being exact or highly accurate, Requires meeting strict deadlines, Requires coordinating or leading others in accomplishing work activities, Requires work with external customers or the public, Requires work with others in a group or team, Includes responsibility for the health and safety of others, Includes responsibility for work outcomes and results, Requires wearing common protective or safety equipment, Requires working outdoors, exposed to all weather conditions, Requires working in a closed vehicle or equipment, Job tasks are performed in close physical proximity to other people, Requires working in an open vehicle or equipment
1. Developing Objectives and Strategies
2. Handling and Moving Objects
3. Inspecting Equipment, Structures, or Material
4. Guiding, Directing, and Motivating Subordinates
5. Maintaining Mechanical Equipment
6. Training and Teaching Others
7. Evaluating Information to Determine Compliance with Standards
8. Judging the Qualities of work, Services, or People
9. Developing and Building Teams
10. Organizing, Planning, and Prioritizing Work
11. Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships
12. Provide Consultation and Advice to Others
13. Documenting/Recording Information
14. Performing General Physical Activities
15. Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates
16. Communicating with Persons Outside Organization
17. Thinking Creatively
18. Updating and Using Relevant Knowledge
19. Drafting, Laying Out, and Specifying Technical Devices, Parts, and Equipment
20. Interpreting the Meaning of Information for Others
21. Processing Information
22. Monitor Processes, Materials, or Surroundings
23. Analyzing Data or Information
24. Making Decisions and Solving Problems
25. Operating Vehicles, Mechanized Devices, or Equipment
26. Resolving Conflicts and Negotiating with Others
27. Coaching and Developing Others
28. Scheduling Work and Activities
29. Monitoring and Controlling Resources
30. Coordinating the Work and Activities of Others
31. Performing for or Working Directly with the Public
32. Direct and coordinate activities of workers or staff
33. Conduct training for personnel
34. Read blueprints
35. Read tape measures and use scales properly
36. Assign work to employees on their job site
37. Recommend purchase or repair of equipment, small tools
38. Motivate workers to achieve work goals
39. Schedule employee work hours
40. Resolve personnel problems or grievances
41. Recommend improvements to work methods or procedures
42. Maintain production or work records
43. Conduct or attend staff meetings
44. Demonstrate or explain assembly or use of equipment
45. Understand construction specifications
46. Read technical drawings
47. Maintain inventory of equipment or material on job sites
48. Plan meetings or conferences
49. Oversee work progress to verify safety or conformance to standards
50. Resolve or assist workers to resolve work problems
51. Plan and organize work in advance
52. Read specifications
53. Dictate correspondence as necessary
54. Coordinate through subordinate supervisory personnel
55. Monitor worker performance
56. Estimate materials or labor requirements
57. Use hand or power tools
58. Use hand calculators
59. Analyze organizational operating practices or procedures
60. Order or purchase supplies, materials, or equipment
61. Plan construction of structures or facilities
62. Perform safety inspections daily and throughout the day
63. Read work order, instructions, formulas, or processing charts
64. Set priorities for construction workers
65. Meet designed estimated budget
Education and Experience
1. Ten (10) years minimum field experience and high school/ G.E.D.
2. Must have working knowledge of SWPPP, Heavy Equipment, and Confined Space
1. Active Learning
2. Active Listening
3. Critical Thinking
4. Learning Strategies
6. Monitoring - Be results-driven
7. Reading Comprehension
8. Speaking - Be an effective, even-tempered communicator.
9. Writing - Maintaining good written records.
5. Service Orientation - Provide Customer Satisfaction
6. Social Perceptiveness
7. Complex Problem Solving Skills
8. Complex Problem Solving
1. Equipment Selection
2. Operation Monitoring
3. Operation and Control
4. Quality Control Analysis - Provide quality work and show integrity.
1. Judgment and Decision Making
Resource Management Skills
1. Management of Material Resources
2. Management of Personnel Resources
3. Time Management
Desktop Computer Skills
1. Administration and Management
2. Building and Construction
3. Customer and Personal Service - Build Relationships
5. Personnel and Human Resources
6. Production and Processing
7. Public Safety and Security - Provide a safe work environment
1. Bilingual (Spanish)