Kane Is Able Employee Reviews

Good Company
Clamp Truck Operator (Current Employee) –  Romeoville, ILJune 16, 2017
I have worked for Kane almost 2 years and really like the people I work with, when I started they made me feel a part of the group right away. The Management team has changed a lot, but our HR Manager and General Manager are cool and typically listen to us. Performance is really important, they make sure our WPO is where they want it, it can be hard. I really like that they reward us for safety and perfect attendance. We do get overtime.
Pros
people on my shift, rewards, benefits
Cons
sometimes a lot of OT
work at your own risk
Clamp Truck Operator (Current Employee) –  Romeoville, ILMay 2, 2017
unstable management team, mandatory on short noticed or if any notice at all working and or days, often unsafe working environment due to worker and or work debris, management are not professional at all...
Cons
Your just a number, and they dont honor thier word
Lift Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Pittston, PAMarch 31, 2017
They hold no value in any of thier employees and they dont hold true to thier word. And they constantly remind you of what you can get fired forand look for those reasons all the time. And they cant figure out why they cant keep good workers.
Loved working there. After build up hours got cut. Needed more hours
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PAFebruary 27, 2017
Did like job loved order picking. Build up have me amazing checks. After build up was over barely got hours so left for better job
Productive a good place to work
Lead (Former Employee) –  Taylor, PAFebruary 22, 2017
A typical day of work would normally consist of coming in waiting for the associates to arrive, we would then look over the work that needed to be done for the day, and assigned the work accordingly. the rest of the day would be juggling between getting inbounds unloaded in a alotted time and outbound on there way when there orders had been picked and verified
Pros
Room for moving up in the company, a good amount of training
Cons
fluctuating schedule
Stressful
High Reach Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Taylor, PAFebruary 10, 2017
Fast paced
Adequate
Work Hard and Safe and fast
nothing
having the highest performance numbers and always being relied on
Pros
Shift I worked
Cons
Favoritism lack of rewards and recognition
Hardest Part of the Job
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJanuary 13, 2017
If someone didn't show up for their shift you were forced to cover it or be fired, was a tedious job with the added stress of worrying about whether or not you'd be forced to work an extra shift.
Pros
Pretty Easy
Cons
Stressful
Order Selector/Forklift Operator
Order Selector/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Scranton, PAJanuary 9, 2017
Pay and benefits are above average. Life outside of Kane is hard because of the hours that first shift has to work because second shift is incapable of doing their job the right way because they produce inadequate numbers.
Pros
pay/benefits
meh
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PADecember 28, 2016
It was an ok place to work for most of it, some people were nice but there were a lot of felons and even met a crip in there once. Sometimes you had to pull a lot of the weight because people don't do anything and a lot of the agencies that hire people hire pretty much anyone and pass them regardless of the drugs they take.
Pros
Free lunches sometimes, good management
Cons
Lots of felons, Lazy Employees
management sucks only care about them selfes
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  paNovember 21, 2016
place sucks do nothing but lie to you bullied into working ot on shift you dont work ..like i work days but being bullied int to working over night...bull sh....find any reason possible not to give you raises like they say they will when hired..but what do they care...um they dont....save your self some head aches dont go thier.............
Pros
none...they do nothing for employees at all
Cons
every thing
Communication
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Taylor, PANovember 9, 2016
There is no communication. Very very slim chance of advancement. They honestly do not know how to treat their workers. They make changes to schedules unannounced. There is also a big problem with favoritism.
Pros
Cons
Too many to name
Laid back yet productive environment.
Packer/Picker (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PANovember 3, 2016
A typical day at work included coming in and setting up the working area and making sure everything was ready to go asap. Afterwards, we'd go on about our day as efficiently as possible. Environment was very laid back, but supervisors demanded the job to be done properly and that production be met hourly, which is understandable. That's the job.
packer
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Taylor, PANovember 3, 2016
kane is a very friendly place everybody is nice and they like to help you and they will keep you going untill they find the rite place for you to work at
Love the Place
LTO (Current Employee) –  Romeoville, ILAugust 18, 2016
Everyone is great to work with and the Management team try to keep a fun place. We have picnics, bbqs to celebrate safety. We work very hard, but everyone is cool.
Pros
benefits, kane cash
Cons
can get hot in the warehouse
Forklift/Order picker
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Romeoville, ILAugust 9, 2016
Order picker making pallets driving the sit down stand up the clamp truck and the epj my was not haRd I enjoy my Co workers I love to work in a friendly environment
Great company to work for
coordinator (Former Employee) –  Romeoville, ILJuly 10, 2016
Great place to work. Got to work with a variety of people, got to be in charge of a variety of people. There were plenty of opportunity to advance in the company. Pay was great, benefits were good. Want to go back
ultimate place to start a work program
Loader/ Unloader Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 26, 2016
Kane is able was a good place to learn about different equipment as for as reach lift, fork lift. My co-workers younger ladies gentlemen's, but over all they were good people to work with. The hardest part of my job was learning the reach lift. My most enjoyable part of the job was unloading trucks.
Pros
free lunches wen we acheive a certain goalthey
Cons
they used to take us to ball games
A Good place to work
Select Staffing (Former Employee) –  Pittston, PAJune 16, 2016
I got a good experiences in new job what never do it before, more experience. is a great place and a big opportunity to try new stuff what i learn every single day.
Pros
free stuff and hours
Cons
salary
No security
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Taylor, PAJune 11, 2016
Management is clueless, most worker are constantly being suspended for making simple mistakes, benefits stink, was supposed to get 85 cent raise, only got 25, all shifts seem to be at war with one another, classic case of too many chiefs not enough Indians!! Will make you work mandatory overtime with no notice. You don't advance unless your a boss sucker, even then your not safe. Place cares nothing about its employees, management constantly pushing for more, then you get written up and suspended for making a mistake!! Total craphole!! Constant revolving door, hiring and firing employees.
Pros
Not much manual labor involved
Cons
The whole company
It's a reputable company
Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Taylor, PAApril 26, 2016
All around it's a good company to work for. My co workers help get me through the day.. I learned a lot skills during my 16 years with Kane.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kane Is Able. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9