Kangaroo Express Employee Reviews in United States

Great Managers
Lead Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLApril 29, 2016
Though the management teams are very good at what they do, the company itself is very behind on the times. The pay was bare minimum if not less for the line of work, and the work required.
Pros
Great Management
Cons
Horrible Pay
Recommended as a great second or part time job.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCApril 25, 2016
This job is excellent for anyone who enjoys working with people. Must be able to maintain a positive attitude at all times. Not really are hard part to this job. My co-workers are awesome, as well as management.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Disgruntle customers.
Good enviroment, great customers, bad management and benifits.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Magee, MSApril 24, 2016
I enjoyed my time here, but its not a job that i would recommend if your looking to many a lot of money and get many hours. The work isn't too demanding, this will most like vary based upon your manager. They are willing to work around your schedule if informed. i conclude that the job isn't great but its also not terrible to work there.
fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Prosperity, SCApril 22, 2016
great place to work would love to return to continue my career there
great management
very easy job very productive place to work
fun
team member (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TN 37167April 20, 2016
i really enjoyed my coworkers and the manager was really a great guy. i loved my customers a lot i just didnt like that they only have 1 person working a double and no one is around when truly needed.
Pros
fun
Cons
pick up others slack
Great place to work and making friends with regulars.
Cashier/Stocker (Current Employee) –  Moss Point, MSApril 18, 2016
Always had a great night when I worked.
Learned how to work a cash register and be able to multitask.
Management was great.
Co-workers was always nice.
The hardest part of the job was working night shft.
The most enjoyable part was becoming friends with regular customers that would come in.
Pros
Easy place to work for.
Cons
No breaks.
Gain Experienced
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 14, 2016
Fast paced environment, friendly co workers, Great customers, cleaned the store and stocked and run the register everyday.
same as the first time I worked for them.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Conway, SCApril 7, 2016
I worked for them twice two different stores
but the experience was the same

it was a very good job hard work

same as the first time

to know that I did the job to the best of my ability
very productive place keeps you very busy
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLApril 5, 2016
i learned alot of skills i was either at the register takeing customers or in the restrooms cleaning and sweeping as well as the lobby. you meet alot of different people and coworkers are pretty nice people.there wasnt really a hard part of the job i worked the last shif so the only problem i had was keeping my eyes open but the best part was the every week pay
Fast paced customer service specialist. Personality will get you far, they will train on all other duties. Approachable upper management,
RETAIL SALES MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Cocoa, FLMarch 22, 2016
Pros
lots of contests to win prizes and cash
Cons

Want to know more about Kangaroo Express?

Ask a question
Fast-paced, fun environment
Sales Associate/Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Gaffney, SCMarch 17, 2016
I worked the overnight/ third shift by myself. It was fun, yet challenging because I was trusted to handle all tasks without any guidance. I was very comfortable in the retail/ sales setting and know what is expected of me, so I had no trouble maintaining an efficient and clean store. I cleaned all drink and food stations. I handled all register transactions as well as customer service. I cleaned the restrooms, mopped floors, and took out trash. We also had lottery services and I was responsible for starting and closing the machine at the appropriate times. Lastly, before the end of my shift I would start up the coffee station, bakery display case, and cash out my register at the end. I have learned so much and I love working closely with the public on a daily basis.
This place use to be nice but they have change alot
cashier and customer service and sales (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLMarch 17, 2016
They are having a hard time keeping employee and manager because they want employee to work all 3 shifts and no money. They have a max pay.
Pros
Experience
Cons
They dont have eought employee because of how they work things
great
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCMarch 16, 2016
kangaroo was a great working environment, Loved that we had regular customers , Also had to stay focused on the fact that it was in a bad area. Inventory was an issue but was quickly resolved.
Pros
Overall great place to work
Cons
one person per shift
This career was very exciting and adventure, i get to meet new people from different place's
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMarch 11, 2016
Well the most typical day at work was that I had to sit down and do interview and see how well i can get hired. What I learned doing this type of work was, learning different people of trust. My co-work I had in my past years of running a store. I had three or maybe four good hard worker's didn't mind help out as team work.The most hardest part of my doing overtime when someone call out and no show.
Fun being in customer service and enjoy working
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Ponte Vedra Beach, FLMarch 11, 2016
Fun place to work and enjoy working here. Enjoy the point of sale and waiting on the customers. Enjoy the new manager. Working on the shipment each week is a task i enjoy and the point of sale is my favorite part of my job.
Pros
Enjoy working the overnight shift and the customer contact.
Customer Service
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Alabaster, ALMarch 9, 2016
What i love mostly about my job is interacting with the customers helping them figure out what they looking for. Management is outstanding. Coworkers are awesome. The hardest time would be when its just one person here and you get a long line and everything is going off so just breath keep calm and make sure very customer is happy satisfied with their purchase.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
No Free Lunches, No Free Drinks
Horrible
SALES ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMarch 8, 2016
I was told the position was 40-45 hours per week Monday-Friday. Ended up working Monday-Saturday 12 per days. Undermined all of my work with vendors.
Fun Place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Boaz, ALMarch 6, 2016
I loved working here, I always got to meet new people on a regular basis from other parts of the country. There were always so many smiling faces.
love the customers
store associate (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, NCMarch 2, 2016
You get to meet and learn about different cultures for the wide customer base. I love my boss she is an excellent manager. Even if I frustrate her from time to time, the issues were resolved in a professianl manner.
Coworkers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Madison, MSMarch 1, 2016
Overall I rarely worked with my coworkers do to the fact when I work the person you are relieving their shift is over. I mostly worked overnight and at that time the store was very slow.