Kangaroo Express Employee Reviews

Fun yet serious job
Cashier/Customer Service, Lead CSR Manager (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCApril 25, 2017
I had plenty of fun working there, I also worked hard and still enjoyed it. Sometimes there will be coworkers that don't do great and/or just lazy but as long as you do your job everything will be pretty good
I enjoyed working with the public.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Titusville, FLApril 19, 2017
What I enjoyed about the job were my customers. They were always concern about me, If I worked the holidays they would make sure I had a meal. I like my manager she was flexible when she could be.
Pros
Customers
Cons
no breaks
Its okay
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Conover, NCApril 12, 2017
I worked there for years and I probably wasn't the best employee either but it was not the greatest job I have ever had. It was good working my third shift job but not during the day me and the manager but heads a lot.
Pros
environment
Cons
stress
Enjoyed working with Kangaroo Express
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Simpsonville, SCApril 6, 2017
A regular day at Kangaroo started with counting the inventory behind the register and the money inside of it. Whenever the register reached a certain cash amount, it had to be regulated and the extra money would be placed into the safe. Working there, I learned a lot about safety and handling emergencies. Food safety was made important by the entry videos and training courses that I completed. Another thing I learned through the training courses was how to respond to a fire at the pump. Management was very helpful and I really enjoyed working there. The workplace takes much pride in its coffee and café wares. I learned a lot about the Arabica beans used in Kangaroo Express' coffee. For me, the hardest part to get used to was counting all of the cigarettes. It wasn't the fact that it was a difficult task, just a tedious one. Though it was tiresome to do, I saw the reason for keeping the inventory in check.
Pros
One pro that I really enjoyed was the free cafe drinks.
Cons
No breaks when doing a shift alone.
Day at Kangaroo
Asst. Manager, Retail Store (Former Employee) –  Hixson, TNApril 6, 2017
I went in as a assistant manager. My manager quit within 1 month so I went to acting manager for about 4 to 8 weeks without a day off. I ordered the weekly grocery orders, made schedules, deposits, daily paperwork, and inventory, hired employees.
Pros
friendly employees and great customers
Cons
no a day off in 8 weeks working 5 am til 6 p
good place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sullivan's Island, SCApril 1, 2017
I liked working there store manager was good to me while I was there.didnt have health benefits but manager gave me as many hours as he was aloud.he would call me in when someone called in sick. I would like to work with him again given the chance
Average
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Lee's Summit, MOMarch 28, 2017
Job was steady, new customers everyday due to being right next to the highway. Overall Kangaroo express was a fairly decent environment to work within.
Great work environment with opportunity of meeting people of all walks of life
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCMarch 26, 2017
Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed my job and my coworkers. Mondays were the hardest, having to organize the product as well as care for customers at the same time could be difficult. My customers were the light of my day. I enjoyed the smiles on their faces.
Pros
free fountain drinks
Cons
equal treatment of all employees
Customer Service can be fun when you have the right crew.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Pittsboro, NCMarch 24, 2017
This job could be very, very busy at times. But the customers and crew I worked with made it a lot of fun. There was always something that needed done, so your time went by very quickly.
Easy part time job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMarch 23, 2017
A typical day involved customer service, stocking merchandise, maintaining the grill, maintaining a clean store, check and balance of register. While working at Kangaroo I learned how to maintain the grill by keeping proper food temperatures. I also learned how to check temperatures of the cooler to assure that merchandise was up to code. The hardest part of this job was working third shift, I never got use to that (safety reasons). The most enjoyable part of this job was meeting new people.
store manager
Assistant Manager/Foodservice (Former Employee) –  11025 phillips highwayMarch 22, 2017
worked anywhere from 12-18 hour shifts, on my feet , didnt have a car but made it to every shift thirty mins ahead of schedule by foot. had no breaks, only job ive ever worked where you dont have a lunch break.Ran ebt, fuel, gift card machine, purchases, sold food , made coffee, sold hot to go foods, did the store ordering kept track of gain and loses, ran bank deposits, had a certain quota to meet quarterly, mid and yearly.
Pros
great team staff
Cons
no breaks, worked mainly by yourself
I enjoy the customers.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Johns Island, SCMarch 22, 2017
I was the consider one of the best employees at my store, because I did my work and all of the customers enjoyed me when I served them and a lot of my coworkers did not like that.
Pros
no lunch breaks
Cons
no breaks
Good Company
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMarch 18, 2017
It was a good company to work for. There was not much room for growth at my particular location. That is also the reason for leaving. Other than that, it was a positive work experience.
Job security and time off
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Crescent City, FLMarch 15, 2017
Working with Kangaroo Express was a great experience. You meet a lot of great people each day. The pay as a manager is decent and you get paid vacation and holidays. There is great health insurance, along with dental and vision. There's always room for growth and climbing up the employment ladder.
very fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLMarch 14, 2017
I loved working at kangaroo express very fun place to work and great people work there too extremely friendly. enjoyed my job very much. loved my manager very nice man.
Great work place cool employees great staff
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bunnell, FLMarch 13, 2017
Loved it great place to work to meet all different types of people interact with different people from different county's talk with local police local fire men nurses doctors learn different things everyday
It's just not a good place to work.
Management Trainee (Former Employee) –  Bronson, FLMarch 12, 2017
The store is run with one employee on the clock at a time to handle way too much traffic and responsibility. Expectations are too high as wages are too low. It was a thankless job.
Pros
Can't think of a one.
Cons
No breaks, no healthcare, no paid vacation, little room for advancement.
Great Management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Spencer, NCMarch 10, 2017
Its a very clean and organized store. The management there was very nice and friendly and always like joking around. They felt like family. The customers were pretty good as well. I learned a lot from there and that is where I got most of my ocd from.
benefits
Cons
the pay
Fun and a productive place to work
MANAGER/CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCMarch 10, 2017
Kangaroo express is a convent store we would have a very busy day waiting on gas customers inside customers and keep the store in good shape in between.
Pros
Stayed busy and day went by fast
Cons
Had to eat lunch on the gp
productive fun workplace
Lead Assistant Manager/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALMarch 9, 2017
This job was my first management position. I learned a lot from this company.The enjoyed the customers and my coworkers. The environment was awesome. It is a great company to work for.
Pros
fun workplace
Cons
no breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kangaroo Express. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9