Kangaroo Express

Kangaroo Express Employee Reviews

Interacting with different people, learning new things, cleaning store, answering phones, keying paper work, co-managing store and co-workers.
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee), Florence, SCAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Free drinks and it's a fun work place.
Cons: No breaks and vacation does not roll over.
I can type 40-45 words per minute, I'm a fast learner, very good with people, love working, hard worker, and always love being busy. I get along with people easily and love solving problems. At work there's always something to do.
The customers made my job so pleasurable!
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Morehead City, NCAugust 25, 2015
Pros: The consumers always made my day.
Cons: The store manager was an undercover racist.
The store manager was informed of my experience as a cashier. I wanted to negotiate a starting salary, but they would not even take into consideration. They could have taken the offer. The store manager knew I needed to work and took advantage of my the situation.
company under staffing
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Wichita, KSAugust 23, 2015
Pros: free Drinks
Cons: Not eniugh staffing
the company had a manager runnung a store for over a year without any days off. there wasn't any opertunitys to advance with the company
felt like i was needed
Sales Associate (Former Employee), North Charleston, SCAugust 21, 2015
The company as a whole is great. You get repeat customers and get to meet new people everyday. Some of the staff were slow and sort of lazy. The managers however made me feel like the needed me there for the store to run properly.
Working for Kangaroo express was not my best work experience. As a worker you aren't able to be full time.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Sumter SCAugust 20, 2015
Overall its not a bad place to work if you're looking for a part time job, only needing $140 a week. A typical work day is dealing with rude managers and unhappy co workers. Management isn't good at all.
Productive and Fun
Cashier (Former Employee), Greenville, MSAugust 18, 2015
Pros: One free hot dog and all the pop and coffee you want
Cons: short breaks, and no 401 K part-time employees
When I clock in for work I am automatically ringing up customers items and up selling our products to them. When the store is a little slow, I will go in the cooler and stock all of the drinks, mop the floors, clean the bathrooms, drain coolers, clean the parking lot, and count cigarettes, which was the least enjoyable part of the job for me.
Working alone at night
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Beaufort, SCAugust 17, 2015
Pros: Free Lunch
Cons: Poor Management
I enjoyed working by myself even I was in there in the middle of the night. Management at the time needed to be professional at all times but we got the job done right.
Its a alright place to work . No place for advancement
Cashier (Current Employee), Ocala, FLAugust 14, 2015
Cons: No breaks until you have time, No bennifits
Kangaroo is a alright place to work for,The store i work for is a training store so i'v learned a lot, Their is no room for advancement.
Productive and Easy learning environment
Customer Service (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCAugust 12, 2015
Pros: Lunch
Cons: No breaks
At the Kangaroo you will experience a high volume of customers where it requires you to work at a high speed. Everything that you are required to do is written and vivid. Working at the kangaroo is a fun, interesting, and great learning experience. The kangaroo involves around dealing with a lot of customer and mainly making sure each customer is satisfied. The hardest part of the job is trying to make everyone happy which some customers can really just be having a bad day an sometimes tend to take it out on others.
Kangaroo
Maintenance Dispatcher (Current Employee), Sanford NCAugust 11, 2015
Pros: Understanding on family comes first
The Pantry was an awesome place to work. With the Purchase of our company, I am one of many workers that will not be kept with the new company. I am looking forward to my new challenge.
Decent company
Cashier (Former Employee), Kill Devil Hills, NCAugust 9, 2015
Decent company to work for. The only bad thing is that most of the time there was only one employee on a shift, even over night shifts. Not safe.
No benefits,help, or job opportunities
Cashier/ Customer service (Former Employee), Monroe, NCAugust 7, 2015
Pros: relationships and friendships built with my customers
Cons: no breaks, no benefits, broken promises
My day at kangaroo began with getting to work, some days my boss nice and extremely friendly, other days yelling and taking up problems with me in front of customers. Worked with this company for 2 years and never received 1 benefit, not even a penny more for my hourly pay. There was many promises to receive raises after a certain date, and then when that date came around it was pushed off to another date. I worked very hard, you run the store by yourself which has a lot of responsibilities tagged on to all manage by yourself. They also wanted me to train new workers coming in that were starting out at more then i was making. Never was appreciated for my extremely hard work.
Fast pace, but you meet a lot of people.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Gaffney, SCAugust 6, 2015
Pros: Flexible time scheduling, free coffee, fountain beverages, and car washes
Cons: No breaks, no healthcare unless full time
This job, wasn't the best, but it was a decent starting place. I was usually the night shift, so I didn't get to see too many of the other employees. I would clean the prepared food area of the store for a large portion of the night. The bathrooms and back-stock were the hardest to get to, mostly because I was the only one on third shift and trying to help the customers. The customers were usually in and out, but the regulars were nice most of the time. A few hiccups when Circle K bought out Kangaroo Express, like price changes that happen overnight and product that we never ordered would be delivered. Sometimes the gas pumps are not always working properly. My boss was very nice. He liked to play small pranks on all of us every once in a while, but nothing to the point of embarrassing or dangerous. I wouldn't mind going back to working with them again. Only issue is distance. Closest Kangaroo Express, I think, is in West Virginia.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Augusta, GAAugust 4, 2015
Pros: Always got to work over time for extra $$$
Cons: No breaks, but other that no cons for me
Co-Workers were great to work with. They were honest and hardworking. Management was honest most of the time, but other than that a great place to work.
Great pleace to work, awesome manager
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Fleming Island, FloridaAugust 1, 2015
As long as you got all your work down, it was amazing. Great manager, and cool coworkers. Night shift was difficult on the sleep schedule, and I only made 8 an hour. Thats the only con.
fun place to work with different people and location always had great customers and seen many people
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Rossville, GAJuly 30, 2015
Pros: Meeting new people each day and breaks were great
Cons: had to watch for shop lifting, and know what to do in the situation, and i was only getting part time work, switch shift was kinda hard, to do cause its third one night, the first two nights later then a second, my sleep was a little messed up.
Great place to work because of all the different people you get to meet and different thiings to do on the job it wasnt just one thing i did many jobs there.I did money drops cashier stocked cleaned store cleaned parking lot mark prices on items did lottery and lottery count.my management was great and fun to work with,she trained me and was a fun experence.
its a job
Clerk (Former Employee), Kannapolis, NCJuly 29, 2015
It paid the bills and for that i'm thankful. At a place like this, it really depends on who you are and what you look like. That's what determines your work load, possible advancement, and overall comfortably with the job. That's all I can say about this place.
Great place to work and service the public.
Retail Sales Lead Manager/PT (Former Employee), Midfield, ALJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Meeting people
Cons: Can be dangerous
Typical day at work greeting customers and ensure the cleanliness of the facility. Ensure all customers are safe and monitor inventory.
Employee Services
Store Manager (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJuly 24, 2015
Pros: Customer
Cons: Treatment of employees
This is a company that DOES NOT care about it employees. I was terminated while I was on medical leave after serving them faithfully for four years.
daily checklist
Food Service Manager (Former Employee), Denver, NCJuly 24, 2015
Pros: I enjoyed seeing our many regular customers everyday
Cons: It was hard standing 8 to 10 hours a day with no break
Come into the store to relieve the next shift. Make sure everything is stocked, cleaned and organized. I would wait on our guest, keep up with coffee, grill and breakfast sandwiches. Would perform housekeeping chores, check in vendors. I would assist the store manager with the truck orders and would help put up grocery truck twice a week.
Headquarters