Kangaroo Express Employee Reviews

Not a long-term career
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COFebruary 21, 2018
I was hired to be an admin asst. and help invoicing. I have yet to do that 120 days into the job I am a CSR. No benefits or PTO. No room for advancement.
Pros
No employee handbook
Bad Hours
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Shallotte, NCFebruary 13, 2018
Loved working with customers...HOW ever, they never schedule enough people to work so usually working alone. Also, was on a rotating schedule were had to work different shifts each week.
My experience wasn't great
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAFebruary 5, 2018
Good company to work for, with decent pay: however management was not so great. Not a difficult job if you are a people person and enjoy dealing with the public.
Kangaroo Express
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cartersville, GAFebruary 1, 2018
Management was great until you did something they did not approve of. They would cut your hours or just take you off the schedule for a week and a half.
Its just a gas station
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCJanuary 27, 2018
Worked this job while attending tech school. Its a minimum skill job with minimum pay. Some of the customers where regulars and I didn't mind seeing them. Others you where glad when they leave.
It can be a fun place
Food Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 25, 2018
There was work available even if you did not want it. Custer Service at fast pace. I got to know the customer needs daily. Very diversity with co-workers. Serving my customers to see a smile on there face. Management was nice to everyone but would not listen to her employees concerning the behavior of her Assistant Manager.
Pros
Bonus
Cons
Not listening
fun job bad management
Food Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSJanuary 24, 2018
the job, customers and other employees were great to work there. but the management team was not realistic on employee basic training and advancement.
work
lottery sales and gasoline sales (Former Employee) –  Edgewater, FL 32132January 20, 2018
Very slow paced, no room for advancement, no breaks unless you smoke, customers are rude, boss could never be reached, favoritism was there and tons of it
Pros
Cons
No room for advancement
Kangaroo doesn't exist anymore
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Byram, MSJanuary 16, 2018
Kangaroo wanted allot for Very Little. It could be very difficult to have your life and work forr Kangaroo. Once a Manager there was not room fir advancement.
Horrible
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  James Island, SCJanuary 15, 2018
This company did not have schedules ready on time. The male manager refused to take trash out move logs of wood. They didn't properly train their cashiers.
Pros
Cons
under staffed, strong over turn rate
Easy career advancement and competitive job
Manager (Current Employee) –  Clinton, MSJanuary 14, 2018
I go in every morning at 6. I count money and send paperwork. I also make any price changes as necessary each day. After this is done, I will watch video and work on any tasks expected of me to get done by my market manager. This could be signs, certain price changes, returns,etc. I have learned a lot about Profit and Loss and inventory numbers. Management is really easy when you have a crew that you can depend on. The hardest part of the job to me is working with peers who can't be team players. I like to feel appreciated in my job. The most enjoyable part is having a crew that are team players and can be depended on. I am able to get so much done on the management side because of the crew.
Work place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Ringgold, GAJanuary 8, 2018
Fun work environment. Great repeat customers and co workers. Can be a little stressful but if you just take your time it will become less stress. They don't really pay very well.
Pros
Getting paid weekly and great co workers
Cons
When people dont show up to work
always chance for advancement
Manager (Former Employee) –  Stockbridge, GAJanuary 7, 2018
It was an enjoyable experience. I learned a lot about management, employee scheduling, product ordering, customer service, and relations with vendors. There was always an opportunity for advancement. Management was very knowledgeable and helpful.
Pros
job advancement
Cons
open 24 hours
high turn over rate
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Daisy, TNJanuary 3, 2018
just don't. Low pay, hard work, rude people. Management will take advantage of you. if you like fast paced, no pay, heavy lifting, rude customers, and clean literal feces off the walls then by all means, go for it. There is a very high turn over rate, so even if your really bad at your job, they'll still keep you around.
Pros
free fountain drink
Cons
if you stay there for about 20 years they'll consider making you a member of managment
great customers
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Lexington, NCJanuary 1, 2018
Great customers I would have to say but in the end when It came down to feeling safe in the work area I was not. I got threated with my life and wasn't allowed to call the police but instead I had to call management that way they could come and take care of it then and only then was someone able to call the police and it had to be management to call them not the associate which the altercation happened with.
Pros
fun customers
Cons
bad mangement being left alone late at night without management
fast paced
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Palm Coast, FLDecember 21, 2017
gas station job. typical of what exactly it sounds like. guests always come first regardless of problems. need to be able to be quick and proactive. having a watchful eye around the store and making sure all money transactions are in order
Cons
You was busy with customers and had to do things as well.
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Darlington, SCDecember 12, 2017
The company was pretty good to work at. I had to clean up and take out the trash. also had to stock things on the shelves. I had to run a cash register and deal with customers.
Pros
We got free fountain drinks.
Cons
We have only one break.
It was a Job
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Crescent City, FLDecember 10, 2017
Overall I thought that I did not get paid enough for what we had to do and deal with on a daily basis. It was just a job to get a paycheck at the time. I worked hard and tried to move up and ended up getting nowhere. That is the main reason I left.
Pros
Great Boss
Cons
Low Pay and now benefits
welcoming
kangraoo express (Former Employee) –  Alachua, FLDecember 1, 2017
my job was to greet the customs when they come to the store. I was to help them if they need to find some. I stocked the store, and did inventory. And clean the store at the need of the day.
Pros
half off lunch
Cons
no breaks i was there buy myself
not a bad place to work for
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCNovember 30, 2017
The customer service experience was the best at Kangaroo. Cleaning the bathrooms sometimes was not the best. Management was fair there is chance for advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kangaroo Express. Our community is ready to answer.