Kangaroo Express Employee Reviews

Great work environment with opportunity of meeting people of all walks of life
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCMarch 26, 2017
Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed my job and my coworkers. Mondays were the hardest, having to organize the product as well as care for customers at the same time could be difficult. My customers were the light of my day. I enjoyed the smiles on their faces.
Pros
free fountain drinks
Cons
equal treatment of all employees
Customer Service can be fun when you have the right crew.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Pittsboro, NCMarch 24, 2017
This job could be very, very busy at times. But the customers and crew I worked with made it a lot of fun. There was always something that needed done, so your time went by very quickly.
Easy part time job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMarch 23, 2017
A typical day involved customer service, stocking merchandise, maintaining the grill, maintaining a clean store, check and balance of register. While working at Kangaroo I learned how to maintain the grill by keeping proper food temperatures. I also learned how to check temperatures of the cooler to assure that merchandise was up to code. The hardest part of this job was working third shift, I never got use to that (safety reasons). The most enjoyable part of this job was meeting new people.
store manager
Assistant Manager/Foodservice (Former Employee) –  11025 phillips highwayMarch 22, 2017
worked anywhere from 12-18 hour shifts, on my feet , didnt have a car but made it to every shift thirty mins ahead of schedule by foot. had no breaks, only job ive ever worked where you dont have a lunch break.Ran ebt, fuel, gift card machine, purchases, sold food , made coffee, sold hot to go foods, did the store ordering kept track of gain and loses, ran bank deposits, had a certain quota to meet quarterly, mid and yearly.
Pros
great team staff
Cons
no breaks, worked mainly by yourself
I enjoy the customers.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Johns Island, SCMarch 22, 2017
I was the consider one of the best employees at my store, because I did my work and all of the customers enjoyed me when I served them and a lot of my coworkers did not like that.
Pros
no lunch breaks
Cons
no breaks
Good Company
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMarch 18, 2017
It was a good company to work for. There was not much room for growth at my particular location. That is also the reason for leaving. Other than that, it was a positive work experience.
Job security and time off
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Crescent City, FLMarch 15, 2017
Working with Kangaroo Express was a great experience. You meet a lot of great people each day. The pay as a manager is decent and you get paid vacation and holidays. There is great health insurance, along with dental and vision. There's always room for growth and climbing up the employment ladder.
very fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLMarch 14, 2017
I loved working at kangaroo express very fun place to work and great people work there too extremely friendly. enjoyed my job very much. loved my manager very nice man.
Great work place cool employees great staff
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bunnell, FLMarch 13, 2017
Loved it great place to work to meet all different types of people interact with different people from different county's talk with local police local fire men nurses doctors learn different things everyday
It's just not a good place to work.
Management Trainee (Former Employee) –  Bronson, FLMarch 12, 2017
The store is run with one employee on the clock at a time to handle way too much traffic and responsibility. Expectations are too high as wages are too low. It was a thankless job.
Pros
Can't think of a one.
Cons
No breaks, no healthcare, no paid vacation, little room for advancement.
Great Management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Spencer, NCMarch 10, 2017
Its a very clean and organized store. The management there was very nice and friendly and always like joking around. They felt like family. The customers were pretty good as well. I learned a lot from there and that is where I got most of my ocd from.
benefits
Cons
the pay
Fun and a productive place to work
MANAGER/CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCMarch 10, 2017
Kangaroo express is a convent store we would have a very busy day waiting on gas customers inside customers and keep the store in good shape in between.
Pros
Stayed busy and day went by fast
Cons
Had to eat lunch on the gp
productive fun workplace
Lead Assistant Manager/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALMarch 9, 2017
This job was my first management position. I learned a lot from this company.The enjoyed the customers and my coworkers. The environment was awesome. It is a great company to work for.
Pros
fun workplace
Cons
no breaks
it was okay
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Former Employee) –  SCFebruary 28, 2017
It wasn't a terrible place. Always busy, tons of customers coming through. Its not like anybody wants to be at work but the time went by fast and it paid well.
No consistancy
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  North Myrtle Beach, SCFebruary 22, 2017
The only constant in life is change and this company embraces this philosophy vigorously. As we were purchased by the Circle K corporation we have been moved from the initial response of merging the best of both companies to an attrition of old Kangaroo personal.
Pros
Multi national company with the ability to move into different markets.
Cons
Low pay for cashiers deters longevity of associates.
Fun work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ALFebruary 20, 2017
There was always something to see or do. Fast paced working enviroment. Has great benefits and great pay and work hours if you can deal with being alone for long periods of time day or night then this is your job.
Pros
Free time to move
Cons
Short time to do things
A place of tremendous turnover
Overnight Breakfast Chef (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCFebruary 14, 2017
This particular job was one that was very under the pay scale for the time that they require of you. Everything I needed to do this job I brought to the job.
Friendly community
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Shelby, NCFebruary 9, 2017
Provided complete customer service in sales and returns; coordinated inventory deliveries; stocked shelves; cleaned store.. Protected establishment and patrons by adhering to sanitation and safety guidelines.
Pros
relaxed environment
Productive, stayed busy
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCFebruary 6, 2017
I established how to handle money along with learning to work with others. Cleaned up after customers and stocked the store along with unloading the truck.
Very close customer service
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLFebruary 2, 2017
Fast pace,front line job,you can expect for rude. Customers and depending on the store manager....a drama filled team
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Management doesnt answer their phone, when credit and debit goes doen you have to find a way around the problem

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kangaroo Express. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9