Kangaroo Express

Kangaroo Express Employer Reviews

Productive workplace
clerk (Current Employee), spring place cleveland tnJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: just great
Cons: pay is low
Professional, but fun at the same time. All my co-workers are friendly. Our job is about team work, and we demonstrate that very well.
I Love Serving My Customers
Lead Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Quincy, FLJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: meeting new people, great management
Cons: no breaks, lazy workers, flooring
When I get to work, I clock in and ready to move. I fill out a manager's walk around the store. I am checking inventory and associates performance such as completing all tasks. I count the money from the previous day and make deposit. Thirty minutes before opening the store, I place the breakfast grill items on the grill and making coffee. I turn on the outside lights and open the store. I greet every customer coming in and/or going out. During and after completing paperwork, I'm constantly clean, stocking, and serving my customers.

I love my team. I have a great manager who coaches me and have the drive I have to be organized, moving at a fast pace, and get the job done. I enjoy my associates and their work ethics.

The hardest part of my job is standing for hours. The building is old so the flooring is horrible. Also another con are some associates who don't have that drive to work hard.

For the most part, I love serving people.
Interesting People
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee), Chatsworth, GAJanuary 19, 2015
The hardest part of this job was informing those that were intoxicated that I could not and would not sell them any additional alcohol, or that I would not sell after hours. The most memorable incident of this nature was on a Saturday night. I had been busy and unable to get off the register long enough to lock the beer coolers when a gentleman came to the counter with a twelve pack about five minutes after time. He set the twelve pack on the counter with some other items; I removed the beer and rang up the other items. He asked why he couldn't have his beer, I explained to him that it was after selling hours and that I could get into serious trouble, and possibly even go to jail if I sold it to him. He replied "I'll bail you out and support you and your family if you'll just sell me the beer" as the police walked in. To this day, that guest and I laugh about that Saturday night that we both could have gone to jail over a twelve pack.
enjoyable place to work .
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 18, 2015
fun how to deal with different issue how to manage co workers the hardest part of the job is not knowing what to expect form the manager.
Fun Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Orange Park, FLJanuary 13, 2015
I loved the customers. My manager was great. Had some problems with the District Manager because she didn't like the fact that I was working over 30 hours a week. No benefits.
Product of work summery
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), Evansville, INJanuary 12, 2015
I Love working here for the customers mostly. I work in a bad neighborhood, working third shift, and I work alone.
GREAT JOB
Lead Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Rossville, GAJanuary 10, 2015
I learned a lot about computer (registers) systems.
I learned what to watch for if someone is going to rob or steal you.
The hardest part of the job is that sometimes I was left by myself because they didn't believe we would be busy enough for more than one person and I always ended up getting slammed.
The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to work with the community.
Didnt like it
Cashier (Former Employee), Cornelius, NCJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: hours
Cons: no break.
They cared too much of cleanness than customers. Management not really good there.
Fast pased, high demanding
Gas station attendant (Former Employee), Dunnellon, FLJanuary 9, 2015
typical day would be cashing out customers, stock shelves, and cleaning the hot food area
hardest part would be dealing with intoxicated customers.
the best part would be getting to meet people from all walks of life
na.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCJanuary 7, 2015
Cons: salary.
A typical day at work is stocking the cooler, tobacco products, and completing the required duties list that must be complete by all 3 shifts. Management was the best, she was really flexible with my schedule and working around my schedule. Hardest part of the job is dealing with customers who continuously cause problems, by not carrying their and giving a hard time when being carded. It's my job!
Loved my Job
Lead Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Sorrento, FLJanuary 5, 2015
This was the perfect job through High school and college. They worked well around my school schedules and helped me get through. I get raises every year as well as my promtional raises. I've had 401k through the company since I was 19 and now I've started my savings plan. They've also provided me with health insurance as well as vision and dental.
Fun work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), North Myrtle Beach, SCJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: communicating with people on a daily
Cons: no breaks and over night shifts be long
The Kangaroo Express is a very energetic and fun working environment. The typical work day at the kangaroo consist of running the cash register handling the coffee area and maintaining the cooler. The customers at the kangaroo are really nice people and friendly orientated people and always seem to put a smile on your face.
Fun and exciting workplace
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Whitsett, NCDecember 26, 2014
Pros: great working environment
Cons: lack of advancement opportunities and salary increases.
I loved working with the customers and staff. Fun and fast paced.
The Pantry
associate (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLDecember 23, 2014
I loved my customers. I couldn't asked for sweeter customers. I learned how to push myself past my limit and get everything accomplished. I learned how to remain calm in tough situations. The hardest part for me working at the pantry is the fact that the management doesn't communicate with people. you never know what is going on with your work life.
it was an ok job
sales (Current Employee), Orange City, FLDecember 19, 2014
i worked on the third shif and it was an ok job till i got pregnant and how to reduce mt hours due to my doc orders the atmosphere was ok and management was ok not the ideal job but it paid the bills
Great company
Store Manager (Former Employee), Volusia county area, FLDecember 18, 2014
Pros: free fountain and coffee in own cup
Cons: insurance is horrible and expensive
Although the job can seem chaotic, as long as you do as company policy states there will be no problems. Under the right manager, you can advance and become a member of management team. I do miss working for the company.
Great
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Ducktown, TNDecember 15, 2014
Great place to work. Pretty good pay. And close to home. I would work there again if i could.
Staying busy
Part time/Overnight Clerk (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLDecember 15, 2014
A job to pass the time and a paycheck. You can advance but you are not going to be home a lot. Working major hours, management is not good at all. All depends on what store you are at. the most enjoyable part of the job is the friendly people you meet.
Positive Setting
Cashier (Former Employee), Canton, MSDecember 11, 2014
Pros: working with the public
When working at Kangaroo I have learned how to work openly with the public and how to operate a store by myself. Working with co-workers was one of the exciting parts of the jobs. Being able to maintain a positive relationship with co-workers, managers, and the public was the easy part of the job, as well as the most enjoyable.
Great place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Cartersville, GADecember 9, 2014
Pros: meet new people daily, awesome benefits
I loved my job at the kangaroo. great flexible hours. had an amazing boss. great pay.

About Kangaroo Express

Headquartered in Cary, North Carolina, The Pantry, Inc. is a leading independently operated convenience store chain in the southeastern – Read more

Kangaroo Express Photos