Kangaroo Express

Kangaroo Express Employee Reviews

Fun atmosphere
CSR (Former Employee), Charleston, SCJune 19, 2015
Cons: No breaks
Engaging with regular customers shows that when you treat people right; they will always return. The management made it very satisfying to come to work.
This was an easy job which I had to hold all resposibility alone.
Sales associate (Former Employee), Hammond, LAJune 18, 2015
Pros: the flexibility of this job gave me an easy way to handle school and being financed.
Cons: The only con that I can say gave me problems were, the attraction of late night people that have the worst behaviors.
The job was simple. It attracted varieties of people. It allowed me to be independent in a business matter. Working for Kangaroo Express was fun and comfortable with the living situatuion i was in,
Fun place to work, very flexiable with my personal life.
Food Service Manager (Current Employee), Beaufort, South CarolinaJune 18, 2015
Kangaroo Express is a good company to work for, we were just brought out by Circle K but the experience I received here was amazing. I started as a sales associate and worked my way up to food service manager. I've learned a lot about interacting with customers, managing employees, and what it takes to run a store. I have no regrets about working here, but I now have my bachelors and I am ready to find employment else where.
Great Stepping Stone
Store Manager (Current Employee), Wilmington, NCJune 16, 2015
Pros: Advancement, competitive pay
Cons: Long hours, employees
Started at as MIT then took over a small store. Since then moved up twice with each store being higher in sales volume. Progressed quickly in 4 years. Once you hit a certain level, you have to wait for stores to open and most are not going anywhere. Pay is comparable and there is a bonus plan which is reasonable. Hardest part is to find employees to work for $8 an hour. You pay for what you get and can have a lot of issues. Working with customers and meeting a lot of people is great. 50 hour work weeks getting old eventually and that's where I am at.
Love working with customers
store manager (Former Employee), green cove springs,flJune 16, 2015
Opening store, counting the money, dropping deposit at bank, working register. Interacting with customers and keeping store cleaned, prices up to date. Keeping paperwork organized and sent in on time. Making schedules and ordering products.
Fun place to work but its risky
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Madison Heights, VaJune 11, 2015
Pros: fun envirement
Cons: working closing shifts alone
I like the job and it was a fun place to work. Only draw back is the store is open till after midnight an associates are required to be in the store alone. I dangerous to be alone while closing a store.
Productive workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Murfreesboro, TNJune 8, 2015
Pros: Regular customers, music
Cons: No breaks, worked alone
Come in and open up your shift. Make sure your drawer is balanced. Greet customers as they come in. Scan items and take customers payment. Make sure the store is clean and tidy. I usually worked by myself. Management usually worked first shift and did the paperwork and ordered the product. The hardest part of the job was probably working alone. The best part of the job was getting to see my regular customers.
Terrible management terrible hours.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Suffolk, VAJune 6, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: No breaks, Low pay, Rude people.
Was ok at first. They low ball you on hourly pay regardless of experience. Rude customers which Is usually typical at a convenience store . Inexperienced co worker was promoted to management because they were friends with the store manager. You were forced to work by yourself for 8 or 9 hours but management bitched and complained over the smallest screw up and write up's were handed out or threatened on a daily basis. If you want to do enough work for 2 people through each shift by all means apply. Things may get better soon because these stores were bought out by circle k. But company policy as of now sucks. Typical work day was relieving whoever was on duty operating the cash register stocking the grill. Changing the trash cans. Restocking the condiment station and washing dishes. Front and face the products and shift paper work all while taking care of customers. Doing this by yourself will be frustrating but is do able.
I love to watch the game of baseball and loved being an umpire
Head Umpire (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCJune 1, 2015
Pros: Everything
Cons: None
Loved it nothing bad to say about it. Things couldn't have been more smooth, occasionally there were loud and angry parents but that's still not anything bad to report.
WAS A GOOD LEARNING EXPERIENCE
Cashier (Former Employee), Palm Bay, FLMay 30, 2015
GOT ALONG VERY WELL WITH MANAGEMENT, AND OTHER EMPLOYEES, AND ALL CUSTOMERS. ENJOYED THE ONE ON ONE WITH EACH GUEST IN THE STORE
Fun place to work with great customers
Overnight Cashier (Former Employee), Carrollton, GAMay 29, 2015
Pros: I could step out for a smoke break any time I wanted, as long as I wasn't behind on my work and I had no customers.
Cons: I worked overnight, so usually I'd get done a few hours early, find extra things to do, and still end up getting bored.
Working at Kangaroo consists mainly of cleaning, stocking, and helping customers. The customers were my favorite part of the job. I had so many regular customers who I knew by name, who I loved to see every day. My coworkers were great, everyone who works there gets along great, including the management; it was like working with my family. The hardest part of the job was trying to work in the cooler without having to leave every two minutes because you hear the door open when a customer came in.
Productive and fun place to work
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Lexington, SCMay 28, 2015
Pros: Ease of flexible hours
Cons: Working alone sometimes
Any where from 100-200 customers or more per shift. Steady fast pace environment. Management was great and easy to work with. Co workers were fun and always on same level as I.
how work is
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Durham, NCMay 27, 2015
It was a great work experience, Ive always wanted to work for a gas station. In some cases folks say its not safe but in this life you must make a living whether it is dangerous or not. Never let fear get in the way of you trying to make a difference in your life
Fun place to work always on the go
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Gulfport, MSMay 23, 2015
Pros: Cigarette break when not busy
Cons: Employees with bad attitudes
The kangroo is a really great place to work it was alot of fun and met alot of new people. The atmosphere is wonderful except sometimes the employees didnt do there job good which made it harder for other employess
Great Company.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Ormond Beach, FLMay 23, 2015
My management taught me a lot of valuable skills towards Customer Service. Great leaders set me up for success. A lot of responsibility, but definitely a job I would recommend.
Lead Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Florence, MSMay 22, 2015
40-50 hours a week
excellent benefits
good salary
friendly work environment
professional atmosphere
company is big on safety
Served as a cashier that met customers needs
Cashier (Former Employee), Oxford, MSMay 22, 2015
checked customers out,kept area clean, stocked shelves, fountain area, and served ice cream. Greeted customers as soon as they walked through the door. Made sure everyone left satisfied
Fast paced, fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee), LaFayette, GAMay 21, 2015
Pros: People, fast paced
Cons: No set breaks, rude customers
I enjoyed working here, you get to meet a variety of people and build connections. The downside to working at a gas station though is that you don't get breaks, lunch breaks, etc. You eat while you work, if the store gets slow then that is your break.
Kangaroo Express
Lead Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Winston Salem NCMay 19, 2015
Excellent company to work for. Focuses on the customers satisfaction. Would recommend this company to anyone looking for a job to gain experience.
Needed extra money
Cashier (Former Employee), Hope Mills, NCMay 18, 2015
Pros: close to home
Cons: no breaks
Was a great job, perfect for me since this was my second job and was part-time here. I wouldn't mind going back here one day, part-time again that is, but good place to work

About Kangaroo Express

Headquartered in Cary, North Carolina, The Pantry, Inc. is a leading independently operated convenience store chain in the southeastern – Read more

Kangaroo Express Salaries