Kangaroo Express Employee Reviews in United States

Fast paced customer service specialist. Personality will get you far, they will train on all other duties. Approachable upper management,
RETAIL SALES MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Cocoa, FLMarch 22, 2016
Pros
lots of contests to win prizes and cash
Working At Kangaroo Express
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Newton, NCJanuary 25, 2016
My day at work normally ends great. The past 2 years I worked at kangaroo I learned that having a smile on your face always ends a great day, even on my worse days. My math skills are great, I usually did the math in my head and was always correct with giving change back. I trained a lot of employees and a lot of times they would mess up on the register not knowing how much change to give back and I would always let them know right away. My manager always told me I would become a great manager one day and I have hope and faith that one day I can manage my own business. My co-workers loved me and always asked for my help, even when I was off the clock they still seemed to call me, although I didn't mind. The hardest thing about my job would probably when it was the busiest days, I had a lot to do but I still managed to get it done and I still had that smile on my face. What I enjoyed most about my job was being able to meet new people on a daily basis and getting to learn my costumers. I knew right away what they wanted and built a friendship with them as the days go by.
Pros
customers
Cons
no breaks
This career was very exciting and adventure, i get to meet new people from different place's
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMarch 11, 2016
Well the most typical day at work was that I had to sit down and do interview and see how well i can get hired. What I learned doing this type of work was, learning different people of trust. My co-work I had in my past years of running a store. I had three or maybe four good hard worker's didn't mind help out as team work.The most hardest part of my doing overtime when someone call out and no show.
They will use you up and spit you out when you can't do it anymore
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Carthage, NCApril 1, 2015
This company has no appreciation for hard work and expects 200% productivity for very little money and no benefits. You are expected to perform excellent customer service, clean the entire store, keep coffee and food going at all times, stock everything. And you must do this all while you are alone in the store without ever making a customer wait. It's next to impossible. But if you don't do it, you're fired.
Pros
No pros
Cons
Incredible variety of tasks to be performed when alone in store
Fun and enjoyable with great poeple
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNJanuary 19, 2016
Working at Kangaroo Express was enjoyable and challenging. I'd go in each day prepared to stock merchandise and help customers with any questions they had. My co-workers were very helpful during training and even after, if I had any questions they were open to questions. We would work as a team to get product out on the shelves and keep the store clean to the stores expectations. The most enjoyable part of my job was helping my customers. They made me feel important and helpful. The hardest part of this was being a young female working nights at a gas station.
Pros
free drinks
Cons
no breaks or lunch
Fun environment, nice co-workers
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Goose Creek, SCJanuary 31, 2016
I loved working for kangaroo. I would always start my day off by stocking everything like cups, coffee creamers, lids, straws, grill condiments, cigarettes, etc. Then I would go to cleaning the entire store. I would change out the trash. Then move to the coolers, that was my favorite part. I absolutely loved stocking the coolers. My manager and I did not see eye to eye. She loved that I got things done, but we are completely different people so we did not get along all the time.
Pros
Free drinks, meeting new people
Cons
rude customers
very productive place keeps you very busy
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLApril 5, 2016
i learned alot of skills i was either at the register takeing customers or in the restrooms cleaning and sweeping as well as the lobby. you meet alot of different people and coworkers are pretty nice people.there wasnt really a hard part of the job i worked the last shif so the only problem i had was keeping my eyes open but the best part was the every week pay
Good enviroment, great customers, bad management and benifits.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Magee, MSApril 24, 2016
I enjoyed my time here, but its not a job that i would recommend if your looking to many a lot of money and get many hours. The work isn't too demanding, this will most like vary based upon your manager. They are willing to work around your schedule if informed. i conclude that the job isn't great but its also not terrible to work there.
decent people in the work place
Associate (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, TNDecember 23, 2015
I learned that you have to learn how to multitask to work at a gas station. there are a lot of things you have to complete in one days work. Management where I worked was horrible. She could have been a better leader. The hardest part of the job was unpacking, tending to the cash register among many other things. Learning to multitask was the hardest part. I enjoyed meeting new people, and learning new things.
Pros
nice people
Cons
poor management
Great place to work and making friends with regulars.
Cashier/Stocker (Current Employee) –  Moss Point, MSApril 18, 2016
Always had a great night when I worked.
Learned how to work a cash register and be able to multitask.
Management was great.
Co-workers was always nice.
The hardest part of the job was working night shft.
The most enjoyable part was becoming friends with regular customers that would come in.
Pros
Easy place to work for.
Cons
No breaks.
Great Stepping Stone
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJune 16, 2015
Started at as MIT then took over a small store. Since then moved up twice with each store being higher in sales volume. Progressed quickly in 4 years. Once you hit a certain level, you have to wait for stores to open and most are not going anywhere. Pay is comparable and there is a bonus plan which is reasonable. Hardest part is to find employees to work for $8 an hour. You pay for what you get and can have a lot of issues. Working with customers and meeting a lot of people is great. 50 hour work weeks getting old eventually and that's where I am at.
Pros
Advancement, competitive pay
Cons
Long hours, employees
Had a wonderful relationship with my staff
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Spring Lake, NCFebruary 27, 2016
Was a good place to work. Did not have a lot of time for a social life. Spent most of my time at work. A lot of room for growth and promotion.
Challenging
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJanuary 3, 2016
A average day at Kangaroo was constantly busy. I've develop fast paced and prioritize certain things. The management was not effective and hardworking. My co- workers was team players and hardworking. The hardest part was handling customers and completing chores around the store. The most enjoyable part was meeting new customers everyday.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Balancing school and work
overall good work place
Lead Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Wando, SCFebruary 20, 2015
It doesn’t matter if you have your heart set on a career within customer service, or if you’re only intent on working in this field for a set time: a customer service job will provide you with oodles of transferable skills that I was be able to use in subsequent roles.

From dealing with the public to managing workload, from liaising with other departments to my initiative, nearly all of the experience I gained in a customer service job will benefit me in my next career move.
Pros
hands on with customers and up sales
Cons
no benifits
Fun being in customer service and enjoy working
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Ponte Vedra Beach, FLMarch 11, 2016
Fun place to work and enjoy working here. Enjoy the point of sale and waiting on the customers. Enjoy the new manager. Working on the shipment each week is a task i enjoy and the point of sale is my favorite part of my job.
Pros
Enjoy working the overnight shift and the customer contact.
Recommended as a great second or part time job.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCApril 25, 2016
This job is excellent for anyone who enjoys working with people. Must be able to maintain a positive attitude at all times. Not really are hard part to this job. My co-workers are awesome, as well as management.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Disgruntle customers.
Good Company to work for
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cartersville, GAFebruary 18, 2016
Although Management was unprofessional, company was ok to work with. Limited workers for high volume workplace. Locations were clean and respectful.
Cons
couldnt get a break when only one worker present
Loved my customers not the company
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SC 29579May 30, 2016
The best part of my job was my regular customers, and taking care of them the company had some unrealistic expectations of its employees and didnt think to compensate for these expectations.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
no breaks, forced to work alone on overnight shifts
This place use to be nice but they have change alot
cashier and customer service and sales (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLMarch 17, 2016
They are having a hard time keeping employee and manager because they want employee to work all 3 shifts and no money. They have a max pay.
Pros
Experience
Cons
They dont have eought employee because of how they work things
Overworked underpaid, lack of hours, bad training
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaNovember 5, 2014
you have to do everything in the store by yourself, trash, coffee, sweep, mop, stocker products, food on the grill, wash dishes, sweep the parking lot, wipe down pumps, stocking everything in the cooler, wipe down counters. all while taking customers which means if you get a huge wave of people. You look like you've been doing nothing all day.
You cant work more then 28 hours unless your management and you most likely wont work more then 23.
you have to operate the lottery machine which is super complicated
people often have attitudes for no reason what so ever and you have to deal with it
if your looking for a part time job I suggest you look elsewhere unless you like getting treated like a work mule
Pros
the only benefits are weekly pay and free drinks, yay......
Cons
ridiculous workload, no fulltime employment, lack of care for workers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kangaroo Express. Our community is ready to answer.