Kangaroo Express

Kangaroo Express Employee Reviews

kangaroo is ok
Dollar General Store Manger (Current Employee), Americus, GAApril 9, 2015
kangaroo is a good company to work for as long as your not in management they don't give you enough payroll hours to run your business.
quiet and then sometimes very busy workplace
Cashier/Closer (Former Employee), High Point, NCApril 2, 2015
Pros: The job was very easy and a great experience to add to my resume.
Cons: Not enough hours and involentary seperation
To take all the customers that come in. then clean a little while the day goes on. take out the trash all in between customers. I have to change coffee and hot dogs twice as the day goes on. Keep the two areas also clean as the day goes on. Then clean the whole store again before I close for the day. Count down my drawer and then do my paperwork. Go set the alarm and lock the door at the end of the night.
How to run a store all by myself.
The management wasn't that bad. not too easy to talk to but reasonable all in all.
They will use you up and spit you out when you can't do it anymore
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Carthage, NCApril 1, 2015
Pros: No pros
Cons: Incredible variety of tasks to be performed when alone in store
This company has no appreciation for hard work and expects 200% productivity for very little money and no benefits. You are expected to perform excellent customer service, clean the entire store, keep coffee and food going at all times, stock everything. And you must do this all while you are alone in the store without ever making a customer wait. It's next to impossible. But if you don't do it, you're fired.
productive great oppurtunities for advancement
Assistant MGR (Former Employee), Mount Pleasant, SCMarch 30, 2015
Pros: great hours
Cons: no breaks mandatory
the company itsself if great and very productive. they have great oppurtunities for advancement for the persons that really want to move up in the company and are fast paced
Loved Working Here
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Cartersville, GAMarch 27, 2015
This was first job ever and I absolutely loved working here. The pay was great and pay raises came as they should. Gratuity made working private events something to look forward to. Wasn't please with the lack of work in the spring/summer season. Overall I loved the staff here and the management.
An okay job
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCMarch 16, 2015
Cons: no breaks, always unorganized, rude employees
This was a very hard job with very little pay. the only enjoyable part was interacting with the customers. they should pay more.
Kangaroo Express is on average an ok place to work.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Charlotte NCMarch 13, 2015
Pros: free fountain drinks while on the clock.
Cons: no breaks on shifts.
Long hours and a lot of stress on management. Not enough payroll hours to hire sufficient help on shifts to get things done. Did I mention NO BREAKS. Once you clock in, you are on the clock, whether it be 5 hours or 12.
Very busy active work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Daytona Beach, FLMarch 11, 2015
very busy during morning and lunch hours then it slows down around the late evening. also doing inventory can be stressful on the employees when it has to be in a time frame
Horrible
Assistanty Manager (Former Employee), Spartanburg, SCMarch 11, 2015
Everything about this job was horrible. Pay was Horrible, Hours were horrible. Management was horrible. Very unprofessional.
Cisco best job ever
Help Desk Specialist (Former Employee), Sanford, NCMarch 5, 2015
the best job i ever had was at Cisco.
i learned a lot of things dealing with network systems and the my co works treated me and everybody else like family.
they where there for one another that also includes the team leads and management.. And the knowledge they drop on my blow my mind and that's what i like. i love to learn.
Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLMarch 1, 2015
Typical day would consist of greeting customers making sure their needs are always met. The job is pretty easy I wouldn't say no part was hard.
Very fun working place with easy going People.
Leader Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Dothan, ALFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: you get to meet lots of people and network.
Cons: you will also meet some very disrespectful people.
This employer is a very fun place to work and if you don't know the gas station business you will most defiantly learn this business. I learned about Tender how to turn on and off pay pumps. Management is fun, understanding, hard working, team players, It makes all my Co-workers motivated to come to work and work hard. The hardest part about the job was cleaning all those dishes....lol
I loved everything about my job it was a great learning experience and place to work.
Fast paced, friendly, unique work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Beaufort, SCFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: free fountain drinks, grill items, and coffee. starting pay is above minimum wage
Cons: no employee discount
At the Kangaroo you start off with intensive computer based training at a different store than where you will initially work. Once you have finished the computer training you are then trained inside the store. Once you start at the store where you were hired, you will already know how to perform most of your job duties. I liked working here because the time passed quickly and you get to interact with all kinds of people since everyone goes to a gas station; whether its for their gas, cigarettes, coffee on their way to work, or just to pick up a quick snack.
productive
Cashier/Sales (Current Employee), Dothan, ALFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: working over night
I really enjoy working at the store. I like and respect my co-workers. Management is great and work with you in time of need.
overall good work place
Lead Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Wando, SCFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: hands on with customers and up sales
Cons: no benifits
It doesn’t matter if you have your heart set on a career within customer service, or if you’re only intent on working in this field for a set time: a customer service job will provide you with oodles of transferable skills that I was be able to use in subsequent roles.

From dealing with the public to managing workload, from liaising with other departments to my initiative, nearly all of the experience I gained in a customer service job will benefit me in my next career move.
Kangaroo Express
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Cartersville, GaFebruary 19, 2015
Did sales, kept building neat, dealt with money, counted down drawers after every shift, and met sales quotas.
I learned how to be a cashier exceptionally well also learned to stock and keep a store maintained.
Cashier (Former Employee), Jacksonville, ALFebruary 19, 2015
A typical day at work is fairly easy. Has simple stocking and system. My co-workers were great and we became family very quickly.
There's something new everyday
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Rock Hill, SCFebruary 18, 2015
Clock in and start working on the coolers getting them full for my shift. Great people to work with have fun interacting with different customers.
roo hops you shop
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Sanford, NCFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: flexable schedule
Cons: chance of being robbed
i go in and see daily customers who laugh and seen me go threw pregnancy and ask how my child is. sometimes when i dont see them i get worried. i make fresh coffee every 30 mins and take out the trash,
productive and fun workplace to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Myrtle Beach, SCFebruary 16, 2015
I learned so many things while working for Kangaroo. I learned how to communicate with diffrent types of people daily and i learned cool up seeling techniques.

About Kangaroo Express

Headquartered in Cary, North Carolina, The Pantry, Inc. is a leading independently operated convenience store chain in the southeastern – Read more

Kangaroo Express Salaries