Kangaroo Express Employee Reviews in United States

Fun Place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Boaz, ALMarch 6, 2016
I loved working here, I always got to meet new people on a regular basis from other parts of the country. There were always so many smiling faces.
love the customers
store associate (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, NCMarch 2, 2016
You get to meet and learn about different cultures for the wide customer base. I love my boss she is an excellent manager. Even if I frustrate her from time to time, the issues were resolved in a professianl manner.
Coworkers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Madison, MSMarch 1, 2016
Overall I rarely worked with my coworkers do to the fact when I work the person you are relieving their shift is over. I mostly worked overnight and at that time the store was very slow.
Had a wonderful relationship with my staff
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Spring Lake, NCFebruary 27, 2016
Was a good place to work. Did not have a lot of time for a social life. Spent most of my time at work. A lot of room for growth and promotion.
Okay place to work, not a lot of advancement available.
Food Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Fruitland Park, FLFebruary 25, 2016
This was my first job and I enjoyed it at first until I started to get my hours cut or had very little staff. The work environment was stable and consistent and I got along well with all my coworkers and managers. I was able to advance from customer service representative to Food assistant manager after 2 years. I loved handling the inventory and having a say on how we organized stock and merchandise.
Pros
paid vacation, clean work environment
Cons
lack of discipline, no health benefits
Good Company to work for
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cartersville, GAFebruary 18, 2016
Although Management was unprofessional, company was ok to work with. Limited workers for high volume workplace. Locations were clean and respectful.
Cons
couldnt get a break when only one worker present
Advancement to move up is quick
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Orange City, FLFebruary 12, 2016
Good company, I enjoy working with people. Great face-face interaction with wide range of customers. Fast paced and busy so the day goes by quicker but feel like your on-call most of the time,
Only good for those looking for a few extra hours a week
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 8, 2016
Working at Kangaroo Express now Circle K is "great" only if you are seeking a part time job and only want to work a few hours out of the week. At my store a typical work day ranges from 7-9 hours usually working with 1 other person (unless you're 3rd shift then you're always working by yourself). They dont give breaks! If someone calls out for the next shift and no replacement you have to work a double shift no matter how many hours you've already worked.
Cons
no breaks, low pay, long hours
Work day
Customer Service/Management Trainee (Former Employee) –  Andover, KSFebruary 8, 2016
The customers are great and this location has an awesome store manager. This location is always very clean and the customer service is always expected to be the best.
Its alright
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCFebruary 7, 2016
It really depends on which store you work at and where it's located. My store was in city limits by the hospital and I liked it because it was busy. Of course you have your idiots who come and try to ruin your day but if you handle the situation properly, you'll get by.
7.25/hr
Toxic Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 4, 2016
This job was the first time I felt that you weren't supposed to enjoy work by any means necessary. I worked the graveyard shift and everything that you did was monitored to a fault. Conversations, Appearances (never roll up your pants legs above your ankles because it's hot in the store!) and even off time coming into the store to check the schedule. There was absolutely no communication between management and staff, the schedule would change weekly with no rhyme or reason (or consideration), and even though everybody there is a working adult you were treated like a non compliant child for doing exactly what they told you to do.

On the plus side I did learn to deal with different personalities of people, broke a few language barriers and came to respect that just because a job may seem easy or menial in scope it's a lot harder than you think and those everyday people deserve respect just like everyone else.
Pros
Learned to work under pressure more effectively
Cons
No breaks, little help, no communication, sometimes dangerous clientele
Fun workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLFebruary 1, 2016
I loved meeting new people and being a positive part of so many peoples day, great people, great work, great place. Managment is nice, not very workable with outside demands such as family and emergencies.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
pay
Fun environment, nice co-workers
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Goose Creek, SCJanuary 31, 2016
I loved working for kangaroo. I would always start my day off by stocking everything like cups, coffee creamers, lids, straws, grill condiments, cigarettes, etc. Then I would go to cleaning the entire store. I would change out the trash. Then move to the coolers, that was my favorite part. I absolutely loved stocking the coolers. My manager and I did not see eye to eye. She loved that I got things done, but we are completely different people so we did not get along all the time.
Pros
Free drinks, meeting new people
Cons
rude customers
Dissappointed
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSJanuary 29, 2016
Mgmt shows favortism, does not treat the employees equil, no room for advancement, gives bad refferences. there is NO room for advancement when you have relitives working for same company, doesnt give raises based on preformance, it doesnt matter how good of an employee you are or if you never call in or never late they still give you a bad refference based on a no rehire
Pros
could have been a great place to work
Cons
mgmt does not treat people equil
My first round of management
Manager (Former Employee) –  Mooresville, NCJanuary 28, 2016
Learned a lot of things about the convenient and retail stores.
how they operate and that end of gas sales and reporting.
Loved it
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Summerville, SCJanuary 28, 2016
This job is a very terrifying one. You always have to think if someone is going to walk in and stick the store up. The hours are annoying because you never know what time you're going to have to work. Also there are no break times unless you smoke.
n/a
Gas Attendant (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, MSJanuary 27, 2016
A typical day at work, I worked the graveyard shift. I did not like this job at all. I was all alone at night between 10 pm to 5 am. My relief (management) would almost always be late to relieve me. I am a woman so working by myself at night was pretty scary. I did not like this job.
The only enjoyable thing about this job was that I was able to hangout and have my phone out while at the desk.
Pros
n/a
Cons
dangerous, lonely
Working At Kangaroo Express
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Newton, NCJanuary 25, 2016
My day at work normally ends great. The past 2 years I worked at kangaroo I learned that having a smile on your face always ends a great day, even on my worse days. My math skills are great, I usually did the math in my head and was always correct with giving change back. I trained a lot of employees and a lot of times they would mess up on the register not knowing how much change to give back and I would always let them know right away. My manager always told me I would become a great manager one day and I have hope and faith that one day I can manage my own business. My co-workers loved me and always asked for my help, even when I was off the clock they still seemed to call me, although I didn't mind. The hardest thing about my job would probably when it was the busiest days, I had a lot to do but I still managed to get it done and I still had that smile on my face. What I enjoyed most about my job was being able to meet new people on a daily basis and getting to learn my costumers. I knew right away what they wanted and built a friendship with them as the days go by.
Pros
customers
Cons
no breaks
Busy job
Sales Associate- Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAJanuary 23, 2016
Handle everything. Paperwork, money, customers, cleaning, maintenance, ordering, coordinating vendors. ect. long hours no breaks. always busy. Management is difficult and no advancement.
Pros
Cons
all
first job
Attendant (Former Employee) –  Conway, SCJanuary 19, 2016
good job loved first manager last one not so much moved around a lot but very enjoyable job very enjoyable location near the beach myrtle beach and Conway south Carolina first time away from home first job away from home felt like familyt

2.9