Kangaroo Express Employee Reviews

Job security and time off
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Crescent City, FLMarch 15, 2017
Working with Kangaroo Express was a great experience. You meet a lot of great people each day. The pay as a manager is decent and you get paid vacation and holidays. There is great health insurance, along with dental and vision. There's always room for growth and climbing up the employment ladder.
very fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLMarch 14, 2017
I loved working at kangaroo express very fun place to work and great people work there too extremely friendly. enjoyed my job very much. loved my manager very nice man.
Great work place cool employees great staff
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bunnell, FLMarch 13, 2017
Loved it great place to work to meet all different types of people interact with different people from different county's talk with local police local fire men nurses doctors learn different things everyday
It's just not a good place to work.
Management Trainee (Former Employee) –  Bronson, FLMarch 12, 2017
The store is run with one employee on the clock at a time to handle way too much traffic and responsibility. Expectations are too high as wages are too low. It was a thankless job.
Pros
Can't think of a one.
Cons
No breaks, no healthcare, no paid vacation, little room for advancement.
Great Management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Spencer, NCMarch 10, 2017
Its a very clean and organized store. The management there was very nice and friendly and always like joking around. They felt like family. The customers were pretty good as well. I learned a lot from there and that is where I got most of my ocd from.
benefits
Cons
the pay
Fun and a productive place to work
MANAGER/CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCMarch 10, 2017
Kangaroo express is a convent store we would have a very busy day waiting on gas customers inside customers and keep the store in good shape in between.
Pros
Stayed busy and day went by fast
Cons
Had to eat lunch on the gp
productive fun workplace
Lead Assistant Manager/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALMarch 9, 2017
This job was my first management position. I learned a lot from this company.The enjoyed the customers and my coworkers. The environment was awesome. It is a great company to work for.
Pros
fun workplace
Cons
no breaks
it was okay
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Former Employee) –  SCFebruary 28, 2017
It wasn't a terrible place. Always busy, tons of customers coming through. Its not like anybody wants to be at work but the time went by fast and it paid well.
No consistancy
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  North Myrtle Beach, SCFebruary 22, 2017
The only constant in life is change and this company embraces this philosophy vigorously. As we were purchased by the Circle K corporation we have been moved from the initial response of merging the best of both companies to an attrition of old Kangaroo personal.
Pros
Multi national company with the ability to move into different markets.
Cons
Low pay for cashiers deters longevity of associates.
Fun work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ALFebruary 20, 2017
There was always something to see or do. Fast paced working enviroment. Has great benefits and great pay and work hours if you can deal with being alone for long periods of time day or night then this is your job.
Pros
Free time to move
Cons
Short time to do things

Want to know more about Kangaroo Express?

Ask a question
A place of tremendous turnover
Overnight Breakfast Chef (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCFebruary 14, 2017
This particular job was one that was very under the pay scale for the time that they require of you. Everything I needed to do this job I brought to the job.
Friendly community
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Shelby, NCFebruary 9, 2017
Provided complete customer service in sales and returns; coordinated inventory deliveries; stocked shelves; cleaned store.. Protected establishment and patrons by adhering to sanitation and safety guidelines.
Pros
relaxed environment
Productive, stayed busy
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCFebruary 6, 2017
I established how to handle money along with learning to work with others. Cleaned up after customers and stocked the store along with unloading the truck.
Very close customer service
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLFebruary 2, 2017
Fast pace,front line job,you can expect for rude. Customers and depending on the store manager....a drama filled team
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Management doesnt answer their phone, when credit and debit goes doen you have to find a way around the problem
not the best job ive had
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Statesville, NCJanuary 31, 2017
Many people would call in and not be able to work their shifts, supervisors were not trained well on doing their job (josie). Store was always a mess and the shifts before you would never completer their assigned chores in order to help keep the store looking nice . All around it was the worst job ive ever had . I would come in and work extra shifts and always go above and beyond for my job and in the end i was fired due to having car problems.
Pros
alot of hours
Cons
not a friendly place to work
Good social environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MSJanuary 28, 2017
You have no breaks on your feet for 7-8 hours. Too much responsibility for one person if working overnight. No big chance of advancing a plus is weekly pay
Great job if you dont have kids.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Summerville, GAJanuary 27, 2017
I loved working for Kangaroo but I went in while my daughter was in school and I didn't get to put her to bed or cook for her. I also had to leave my son who was only a couple months old with my mother a lot while I worked.
Pros
Great starting out job.
Cons
Missed a lot with my kids while working there.
Enjoyed this job
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Palatka, FLJanuary 16, 2017
I enjoyed this job. I loved the interaction with my customers and the managers I worked with. I was willing to travel to other stores in order to ensure that there was coverage for the stores.
Structured work environment, disciplined applicants need only to apply
FIRST ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNJanuary 11, 2017
This company hires at slightly above minimum wage but offers many opportunities for advancement within the company. Adequate training is provided. Flexibility in scheduling time off is minimal and PTO is not offered to hourly employees. Holiday pay is available to those who work on those days.
Circle K
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Gaffney, SCJanuary 11, 2017
I enjoyed working for Circle K. I worked for one main store, but I worked for many stores within the company. Some managers were amazing, and some were very rude. Overall, I enjoyed my time working for Kangaroo/Circle K.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kangaroo Express. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9