Kangaroo Express

Kangaroo Express Employee Reviews

Product of work summery
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), Evansville, INJanuary 12, 2015
I Love working here for the customers mostly. I work in a bad neighborhood, working third shift, and I work alone.
GREAT JOB
Lead Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Rossville, GAJanuary 10, 2015
I learned a lot about computer (registers) systems.
I learned what to watch for if someone is going to rob or steal you.
The hardest part of the job is that sometimes I was left by myself because they didn't believe we would be busy enough for more than one person and I always ended up getting slammed.
The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to work with the community.
Didnt like it
Cashier (Former Employee), Cornelius, NCJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: hours
Cons: no break.
They cared too much of cleanness than customers. Management not really good there.
Fast pased, high demanding
Gas station attendant (Former Employee), Dunnellon, FLJanuary 9, 2015
typical day would be cashing out customers, stock shelves, and cleaning the hot food area
hardest part would be dealing with intoxicated customers.
the best part would be getting to meet people from all walks of life
na.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCJanuary 7, 2015
Cons: salary.
A typical day at work is stocking the cooler, tobacco products, and completing the required duties list that must be complete by all 3 shifts. Management was the best, she was really flexible with my schedule and working around my schedule. Hardest part of the job is dealing with customers who continuously cause problems, by not carrying their and giving a hard time when being carded. It's my job!
Loved my Job
Lead Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Sorrento, FLJanuary 5, 2015
This was the perfect job through High school and college. They worked well around my school schedules and helped me get through. I get raises every year as well as my promtional raises. I've had 401k through the company since I was 19 and now I've started my savings plan. They've also provided me with health insurance as well as vision and dental.
Fun work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), North Myrtle Beach, SCJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: communicating with people on a daily
Cons: no breaks and over night shifts be long
The Kangaroo Express is a very energetic and fun working environment. The typical work day at the kangaroo consist of running the cash register handling the coffee area and maintaining the cooler. The customers at the kangaroo are really nice people and friendly orientated people and always seem to put a smile on your face.
Fun and exciting workplace
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Whitsett, NCDecember 26, 2014
Pros: great working environment
Cons: lack of advancement opportunities and salary increases.
I loved working with the customers and staff. Fun and fast paced.
The Pantry
associate (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLDecember 23, 2014
I loved my customers. I couldn't asked for sweeter customers. I learned how to push myself past my limit and get everything accomplished. I learned how to remain calm in tough situations. The hardest part for me working at the pantry is the fact that the management doesn't communicate with people. you never know what is going on with your work life.
it was an ok job
sales (Current Employee), Orange City, FLDecember 19, 2014
i worked on the third shif and it was an ok job till i got pregnant and how to reduce mt hours due to my doc orders the atmosphere was ok and management was ok not the ideal job but it paid the bills
Great company
Store Manager (Former Employee), Volusia county area, FLDecember 18, 2014
Pros: free fountain and coffee in own cup
Cons: insurance is horrible and expensive
Although the job can seem chaotic, as long as you do as company policy states there will be no problems. Under the right manager, you can advance and become a member of management team. I do miss working for the company.
Great
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Ducktown, TNDecember 15, 2014
Great place to work. Pretty good pay. And close to home. I would work there again if i could.
Staying busy
Part time/Overnight Clerk (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLDecember 15, 2014
A job to pass the time and a paycheck. You can advance but you are not going to be home a lot. Working major hours, management is not good at all. All depends on what store you are at. the most enjoyable part of the job is the friendly people you meet.
Positive Setting
Cashier (Former Employee), Canton, MSDecember 11, 2014
Pros: working with the public
When working at Kangaroo I have learned how to work openly with the public and how to operate a store by myself. Working with co-workers was one of the exciting parts of the jobs. Being able to maintain a positive relationship with co-workers, managers, and the public was the easy part of the job, as well as the most enjoyable.
Great place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Cartersville, GADecember 9, 2014
Pros: meet new people daily, awesome benefits
I loved my job at the kangaroo. great flexible hours. had an amazing boss. great pay.
FUN PLACE TO WORK
CASHIER (Former Employee), Grenada, MSDecember 8, 2014
THE HARDEST PART OF THE JOB WAS DEALING WITH THE 18 WHEELER'S GAS TRANSACTIONS.
OVERALL LOVED IT
Very Friendly staff and customers
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLNovember 20, 2014
Pros: nice co workers, and friendly customers
Cons: little pay per hour
Working at Kangaroo Express was fun I enjoyed it. Unfortuantly the pay and opportunity for advancement was limited , so eventually it wasnt enough to live with.
A good start up job
CASHIER (Former Employee), Mascotte, FLNovember 17, 2014
I liked working for this company and it is a good company to climb the ladder as well as a start up job
interesting
Cashier (Former Employee), Goldsboro, NCNovember 8, 2014
Pros: fun, easy going
Cons: rude people
A typical day there is steady pace. I learned to provide customer dealing with all type of people.The hardest part of the job was dealing with rude people.
Overworked underpaid, lack of hours, bad training
Sales Associate (Current Employee), North CarolinaNovember 5, 2014
Pros: the only benefits are weekly pay and free drinks, yay......
Cons: ridiculous workload, no fulltime employment, lack of care for workers
you have to do everything in the store by yourself, trash, coffee, sweep, mop, stocker products, food on the grill, wash dishes, sweep the parking lot, wipe down pumps, stocking everything in the cooler, wipe down counters. all while taking customers which means if you get a huge wave of people. You look like you've been doing nothing all day.
You cant work more then 28 hours unless your management and you most likely wont work more then 23.
you have to operate the lottery machine which is super complicated
people often have attitudes for no reason what so ever and you have to deal with it
if your looking for a part time job I suggest you look elsewhere unless you like getting treated like a work mule

About Kangaroo Express

Headquartered in Cary, North Carolina, The Pantry, Inc. is a leading independently operated convenience store chain in the southeastern – Read more

Kangaroo Express Salaries