Kangaroo Express Employee Reviews

it was okay
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Former Employee) –  SCFebruary 28, 2017
It wasn't a terrible place. Always busy, tons of customers coming through. Its not like anybody wants to be at work but the time went by fast and it paid well.
No consistancy
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  North Myrtle Beach, SCFebruary 22, 2017
The only constant in life is change and this company embraces this philosophy vigorously. As we were purchased by the Circle K corporation we have been moved from the initial response of merging the best of both companies to an attrition of old Kangaroo personal.
Pros
Multi national company with the ability to move into different markets.
Cons
Low pay for cashiers deters longevity of associates.
Fun work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ALFebruary 20, 2017
There was always something to see or do. Fast paced working enviroment. Has great benefits and great pay and work hours if you can deal with being alone for long periods of time day or night then this is your job.
Pros
Free time to move
Cons
Short time to do things
A place of tremendous turnover
Overnight Breakfast Chef (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCFebruary 14, 2017
This particular job was one that was very under the pay scale for the time that they require of you. Everything I needed to do this job I brought to the job.
Friendly community
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Shelby, NCFebruary 9, 2017
Provided complete customer service in sales and returns; coordinated inventory deliveries; stocked shelves; cleaned store.. Protected establishment and patrons by adhering to sanitation and safety guidelines.
Pros
relaxed environment
Productive, stayed busy
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCFebruary 6, 2017
I established how to handle money along with learning to work with others. Cleaned up after customers and stocked the store along with unloading the truck.
Very close customer service
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLFebruary 2, 2017
Fast pace,front line job,you can expect for rude. Customers and depending on the store manager....a drama filled team
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Management doesnt answer their phone, when credit and debit goes doen you have to find a way around the problem
not the best job ive had
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Statesville, NCJanuary 31, 2017
Many people would call in and not be able to work their shifts, supervisors were not trained well on doing their job (josie). Store was always a mess and the shifts before you would never completer their assigned chores in order to help keep the store looking nice . All around it was the worst job ive ever had . I would come in and work extra shifts and always go above and beyond for my job and in the end i was fired due to having car problems.
Pros
alot of hours
Cons
not a friendly place to work
Good social environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MSJanuary 28, 2017
You have no breaks on your feet for 7-8 hours. Too much responsibility for one person if working overnight. No big chance of advancing a plus is weekly pay
Great job if you dont have kids.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Summerville, GAJanuary 27, 2017
I loved working for Kangaroo but I went in while my daughter was in school and I didn't get to put her to bed or cook for her. I also had to leave my son who was only a couple months old with my mother a lot while I worked.
Pros
Great starting out job.
Cons
Missed a lot with my kids while working there.

Want to know more about Kangaroo Express?

Ask a question
Enjoyed this job
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Palatka, FLJanuary 16, 2017
I enjoyed this job. I loved the interaction with my customers and the managers I worked with. I was willing to travel to other stores in order to ensure that there was coverage for the stores.
Structured work environment, disciplined applicants need only to apply
FIRST ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNJanuary 11, 2017
This company hires at slightly above minimum wage but offers many opportunities for advancement within the company. Adequate training is provided. Flexibility in scheduling time off is minimal and PTO is not offered to hourly employees. Holiday pay is available to those who work on those days.
Circle K
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Gaffney, SCJanuary 11, 2017
I enjoyed working for Circle K. I worked for one main store, but I worked for many stores within the company. Some managers were amazing, and some were very rude. Overall, I enjoyed my time working for Kangaroo/Circle K.
It's easy
Lead Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJanuary 9, 2017
It's not a bad job as long as you work you can advance but so far before you realize it's who you know and not how good you are that will get you what you deserve.
Pros
Free coffee and fountain drinks
Cons
Break and eat when you can, possibly work long shifts alone if someone calls out
Not a bad place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 6, 2017
This was one of the easiest job I ever had. I worked up until my last month of pregnancy. The only down side was we were not allowed to sit down and I work 3rd shift.
Pros
Unlimited breaks when its dead
Cons
Not allowed to sit
Decent
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJanuary 4, 2017
It's a decent place to work depends on location.recently bought out by circle K the people were OK and the job was easy worked third shift was fairly busy on weekends
Basically a slave
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNJanuary 2, 2017
I worked 3rd shift. 10 pm to 7 am. Except that in reality, I worked 12 hours a day because the GM would always show up 3 hours late. When she finally did decide to show up, despite my making the store sparkling clean, all the stock neatly arranged and the inventory count done, it was never enough and definitely never good enough.
Fun place to work at.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Covington, LAJanuary 1, 2017
You have the opportunity to meet new people from different backgrounds. This position allows you to gain great customer service skills.
Pros
Working with people
Cons
Not enough pay
Kangaroo Express
Guest service representative (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNDecember 30, 2016
A typical work day was extremely fast paced and a veritable mad house of customers. I learned to better manage my tasks when it came to the side work required of me. My co-workers honestly made the days bearable.
Fun and exciting place
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Conway, SCDecember 27, 2016
Non-stop, customer focused. Excellent employees to work with. The most enjoyable part was the guests. Each unique. Enjoyed meeting new people from all over, visiting our city.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kangaroo Express. Our community is ready to answer.