Kangaroo Express

Kangaroo Express Employer Reviews

Takes alot patience to work here.
Assistant Manager in Training (Former Employee), Orlando, FLNovember 11, 2013
Overall I had great coworkers and a cool boss. The company works around you school scheduled is your in school.
Productive workplace with great employees
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Jacksonville, NCNovember 7, 2013
Every day was pretty much fun I always had great customers...my co-workers were great as well I always got along with everyone their really wasn't anything hard about this job.
Not bad but a job I won't prefer others to do.
Cashier (Former Employee), Kinston,NCNovember 5, 2013
Pros: none.
Cons: very unprofessional.
A typical work day was nothing to smile about. I learned to be a cashier. Management was lazy, slacking very unprofessional. A co-worker was friendly but others aren't people I could ever associate myself with. The hardest part of the job is getting through the day without losing my mind. There was nothing enjoyable about being cashier at Kangaroo Express.
Its exciting and what you make of it
Assistant manager (Former Employee), Charleston, SCNovember 1, 2013
Pros: meeting people
Cons: no breaks
I enjoyed working here and meeting new people. What I didn't like was a lot of unprofessionalism within the business. Also the strict termination policy on selling minor a beer because you could dedicate 10 years or more with the company and sell a minor a beer and your job is gone even though its an honest mistake
Very pleasent in the beginning
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Crystal River, FLOctober 31, 2013
I really enjoyed the interaction with customers and my job duties. However, I learned of some unethical situations happening within the company that made working here very difficult.
Productive and great work enviroment
Cashier (Current Employee), columbia, scOctober 28, 2013
Pros: great customers, holidays were great, sometimes free lunch and items from store
Cons: no breaks, worked in store alone, could barely take a bathroom break
A typical day at work was very laid back and very busy. I learned how to work do money orders and also how to work lottery machine. I also have learned how to do shift reports. My co-workers were great. I had a great friendship with everyone we worked and got things done together. The hardest part of the job would be working alone and handling customers – more... who wanted gas or items from the store and the customers that only wanted lottery tickets. The most enjoyable part about the job is interacting with the customers I've met a lot of new people and every customer loved me. And also great manager. – less
great friendly place to work for
Customer Service Clerk (Former Employee), Aiken, SCOctober 22, 2013
Pros: nice people
Cons: pay and benefits are way too low
if you like working with the public this is a good job, and entertaing at times also
Kangaroo
Cashier/Assistant Mgr (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALOctober 21, 2013
This job was enjoyable. I got to know the customers really well and they enjoyed coming into the store. I learned a lot about ordering and becoming a manager and moving up within the company. My coworkers were great and we all worked together to keep the store neat, clean and well stocked. I enjoyed walking in the building everyday to get started working.
Cashier (Former Employee), Havana, FLOctober 21, 2013
Fun and safe environment where the co-workers knew how to work together as a team. The customers played a major part in making it a great place.
good
Cashier (Former Employee), charleston,scOctober 17, 2013
enjoyed working there it should of just had more than one person working at night.
wastes of time
Cashier/customer service (Former Employee), Clarksville, TNOctober 3, 2013
wrong place for anyone to work they are sooooooooo lazy. they work one person to the bones while the others stand outside drinking coffee and smoking the line could be wrapped around the door they will pretend to not see anything them come help when its two people remaining
Great regular customers
Cashier (Former Employee), Athens, GAOctober 1, 2013
Pros: free drinks, slushies, coffee, and hotdogs
Cons: working sick, one person on a shift.
Just didn't like working sick with doctor excuses.Overall I liked having regulars and getting comfortable in position as cashier.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Cleveland, TNSeptember 26, 2013
Kangaroo is an amazing place to work. The employees always try their hardest to help customers and employees in anyway possible. The manager is the best manager by far that I have ever had. The only problem I would have is that Kangaroo currently has no full time positions opened.
CARETAKER
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Northport, ALSeptember 21, 2013
A TYPICAL DAY CONSIST OF GETTING PATIENTS OUT OF BED, GIVING A BATH, FEEDING, BREAKFAST AND DO SOME CLEANING BEFORE WE HEAD OUT FOR TODAY. i WAS BASICALLY TAKING CARE OF THE HOUSEHOLD AND THE CLIENTS TRYING TO GET THEM READY FOR THE WORLD IF THEY ARE ABLE TO LIVE ALONE.
Active job with constant customer interaction.
Cashier Sales Associate (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCSeptember 20, 2013
Pros: free coffee, constant physical activity
Cons: minimum wage, can be stressful at times
A day at work would consist of mostly helping customers with dispensing of fuel and in-store purchases also up sale to every customer . Helping customers with air-pressure checks, and giving information about current promotions.I learned that working with customers can be challenging but also rewarding at the same time. Knowing that I was able to help – more... and provide a great service while having the customer leave with a smile.

Management plays a major role in making schedules and adjusting, providing useful safety tips and helping answer customers questions when needed – less
Provide food and gas to customers
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), 5336 Cliffdale Rd, Fayetteville, N.C. 28314September 19, 2013
Provide quality service to customers as they are seeking something to eat or get a full tank of gas for their car. We provide our customers with different varities of food. Teamwork is very important when it comes to working at the Kangaroo. One of the hardest things employees may have at the job is dealing with rude customers and being on their feet – more... for hrs at a time. The customers are one of the most enjoyable part the job because you want to make sure you see them leave with a smile. – less
Productive,
Cashier (Current Employee), Vicksburg, MSSeptember 17, 2013
I find no faults at Kangaroo. It's a great place to work if you like meeting a variety of people!
n/a
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Spartanburg, SCSeptember 15, 2013
Most of the co-workers were female. I felt comfortable with my co-workers and customers.
Kangaroo Express is a good company to work for.
Cashier (Former Employee), Shelbyville, TNSeptember 12, 2013
Pros: various work rotuine
Cons: rude customers
Overall Kangaroo Express is a great company to work for. compensation, benefits, culture, values are good. Job security, advancement,, management, work and life balance are great.
Enjoy my job
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Eupora, MSSeptember 11, 2013
Customer Service, Stock, Basic Cahier Duties, Training other employees

About Kangaroo Express

Headquartered in Cary, North Carolina, The Pantry, Inc. is a leading independently operated convenience store chain in the southeastern – Read more

Kangaroo Express Photos