Kangaroo Express Employee Reviews in United States

Fun and enjoyable with great poeple
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNJanuary 19, 2016
Working at Kangaroo Express was enjoyable and challenging. I'd go in each day prepared to stock merchandise and help customers with any questions they had. My co-workers were very helpful during training and even after, if I had any questions they were open to questions. We would work as a team to get product out on the shelves and keep the store clean to the stores expectations. The most enjoyable part of my job was helping my customers. They made me feel important and helpful. The hardest part of this was being a young female working nights at a gas station.
Pros
free drinks
Cons
no breaks or lunch
Fun and energetic work environment
CSR/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ocean Springs, MSJanuary 14, 2016
The kangaroo is a fun and energetic fast paced work environment. You meet and great hundreds of people from all different backgrounds and character making it a fun and exciting place to work. If you enjoy being around and working with people this is the job for you.
productive fast pace enviorment
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Athens, GAJanuary 6, 2016
my day includes cleaning the store, assisting customers, cash handling and other things. the most challenging part of my job is dealing with people who steal, but I do enjoy the loyal customers who come back just to greet you.
Pros
always something to do
Cons
no breaks
Challenging
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJanuary 3, 2016
A average day at Kangaroo was constantly busy. I've develop fast paced and prioritize certain things. The management was not effective and hardworking. My co- workers was team players and hardworking. The hardest part was handling customers and completing chores around the store. The most enjoyable part was meeting new customers everyday.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Balancing school and work
Love this Job
Customer Service Attendant (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 29, 2015
This is a wonderful place to work . the employees and customer are very friendly and welcoming . ive been there for 3 months and ive already gotten a raise and semi-advancement.
Pros
Overall Great
Cons
Nothing to say
kanagroo express
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALDecember 26, 2015
I loved working there and It's a great place to work. I just had some disagreements on some things and that was it. But if love meeting and working with new people and can work fast and pick up quick this is a great place to apply for I do miss working there.
decent people in the work place
Associate (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, TNDecember 23, 2015
I learned that you have to learn how to multitask to work at a gas station. there are a lot of things you have to complete in one days work. Management where I worked was horrible. She could have been a better leader. The hardest part of the job was unpacking, tending to the cash register among many other things. Learning to multitask was the hardest part. I enjoyed meeting new people, and learning new things.
Pros
nice people
Cons
poor management
Never a dull moment.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Gautier, MSDecember 22, 2015
Every day is something new, everyone works hard to ensure all customers are pleased with their visit.
We work diligently around the clock to ensure our boss is pleased with the store's outcome.
Pros
Easy job.
Cons
Open all year.
Co-workers
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 21, 2015
My co-workers were amazing! Never did we have a dull moment, even though we had to deal with some pretty nasty customers. There was never a bad day.
Kangaroo express day at work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALDecember 8, 2015
My typical day/night at work would be sometimes busy or slow wait on customers, if I don't have a lot of customers find something to do like putting groceries cleaning shelves, and cleaning the store.
Productive and challenging
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Stockbridge, GADecember 8, 2015
Typical day at work with the Kangaroo Express will be keeping customers happy. Also, I handle the orders, write checks for vendors, stock the store, clean the store, resolved any complications that customers may encounter, handle the stores invoices and paperwork. My co-workers and I are a great team, we have resolved many issues together. The most enjoyable part of my job will be encountering many people daily.
great employees, great customers,
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCDecember 7, 2015
I was hired as the assistant manager. 2 weeks after I started work the manager quit, We were short staffed to begin with. I became manager, assist. manager, and 2 associates all wrapped in one person. all for 9.50 an hour. I left there due to the mismanagement of the district manager and corporate. I was expected to cover all shifts in a 24 hour store with 2 employees and myself with no overtime for the employees and I was not supposed to work more than 50 hours per week. I had no benefits at all.
Pros
great customers and employees
Cons
no breaks, no benefits, no raise, no help
Great and fun place to work at
Retail Cashier (Former Employee) –  Robinsonville, MSDecember 6, 2015
This store brought about a lot of memories. Most of the customers that came into the store was really nice and very intriguing. They helped you with things that you weren't aware of.
great place to work
store associate (Former Employee) –  Lady Lake, FLDecember 3, 2015
It was a great place to work, great hours and great people as well as great management. The management also worked well with me while I was in high school so that I would still get enough hours but spread out through the week.
The experience was great.
Assistant Lead Manager (Former Employee) –  Hemingway, SCDecember 1, 2015
The experience was great there was not enough hours per week. Everyday was good day and the Kangaroo. Meeting new people and helping the customer.
Pros
Meeting people
Cons
No benifits
Productive workplace and good work environment.
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Little River, SCNovember 25, 2015
Freedom to have your own routine. Helps you grow learning the ability of how to manage what has to be done with time. Generally coworkers have great attitudes while at work.
Was a good job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cartersville, GANovember 23, 2015
Works well if your in college. I learned alot from various managers. I learned how to deal with the public. Hardest part of the job was doing stuff out in ice and snow.
Pros
Learning the public
Cons
Not enough hours
Loved working for this store and company, and look forward to working for them again!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Gadsden, ALNovember 13, 2015
Great training and pay, fast-paced environment, wonderful management, and all the hours you want to work available! If you are not a fast worker, don't plan on working for this company.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Thomasville, NCNovember 6, 2015
working with customers
how to deal with difficult customers
i love my manager
my coworkers make work fun
the hardest part for me is advancing to management because of someones lies
seeing my regular customers everyday and making relationships with them
Very productive nd prfesional company
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNNovember 4, 2015
During my time there its was a very good learning experience , it really taught me alot I would love to do it agin if I had the chance

2.9