KANGAROO Employee Reviews

enjoyable
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cartersville, GAAugust 31, 2017
kangaroo was a great job. management was on top of things for the most part. great company okay benefits. having more options for a promotion would have been nice.
meeting people
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLAugust 27, 2017
If you like a fast paced job greeting people this is the job for you. always something to do. If things are slow there is much to do so you stay busy.
Pros
people
Poor management
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Castle Hayne, NCAugust 16, 2017
The manager just didn't want to understand life situations that are affected by work when your not given the hrs you were hired for and promised before hand
Pros
Free soda
Cons
No incentive
safety is a issue
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Spring Lake, NCAugust 10, 2017
These stores does not supply security a lot time the be women working late night you Have to worry about your safety.the company doest care about there employees.
real productive and fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCAugust 10, 2017
i would start around noon i worked at the register, i perfected in people skills had a lot of rude costumers but learned how to handle the situation my manager was great real friendly and made sure he explained and made sure i knew what i was doing the right and respectful way. The hardest part was making sure everything was ok before i left for home, cleaning my space making sure the money was counted the right way but other than that i pretty good at it. the best part about the job was that i got to meet a lot of new people.
Productive and Fun to work at
Cashier and Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 9, 2017
I have been working at my job for eight years and I really enjoy it. I have learned very good and effective customer service skills. The most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with customers on a day-to-day bases. The hardest part of my job is not having enough time in the day to complete all tasks. I would love to have a raise at least $13.00 an hour.
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
Short Breaks
Cool job.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bainbridge, GAMay 23, 2017
This was my first job after the military. It was a good start for me during my transition to a civilian. It was a good experience of working in a convenience store. I really enjoyed it.
Pros
Helpful with life experiences. Good people.
Cons
Security at night was the only issue for me.
Fast Paced and Competitive
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 22, 2017
At this job I developed skills in data entry and clerical work.
The environment was fast paced and competitive as well as needing the skill to be able to multi task.
hop hop
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSMay 5, 2017
hop hop hippity hop thats the way we bounce down the aisles and out the door to see whats hopping out there then turn around and hop back in cant wait to get off so i can be hopped
Working for them
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MSApril 26, 2017
This job is not for everyone. The store I was at had a high turnover. Management most of the time had no clue to what was going on at the store. Employees could get away with most things at this store and they shouldn't be able to.
Pros
Customers
Cons
Hours, Doing the Cooler, Over all Cleaning that nobody wanted to do
ok
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCApril 24, 2017
nice place to work mainly ran register but also would stock and clean learned how to run register and gas pumps had to work all three shifts which was not good but was all right with me for a while over a ok place
Kangaroo
Manager/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  New Bern, NCMarch 18, 2017
A typical day at work covered serving customers and doing reports for home office. I learned from this job how to deal with customer complaints and organize all areas of an organization.
Pros
Salary was good
Cons
Stability of job
You always meet someone interesting at gas stations.
Cashier/Asst (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMarch 14, 2017
a normal day would consist of running the cash register, on the weekends i would be responsible for starting the day and counting down the safe. i usually had rather younger employees/ co workers so training them was usually the most difficult part but they would pick things up quick.
ok place to work
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLFebruary 28, 2017
i would have like it if they had done what they told us when they hired us that who ever was hired first would have the first chance to move up in the company but that was a lie
Being a cashier at a convenience store opens ones eyes to multi-tasking and responsibilities.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Johns Island, SCFebruary 11, 2017
I loved working here. When you work in a convenience store you are usually the only one working a shift or one of maybe two. As a cashier at Kangaroo (I imagine all convenience stores.), you have to run the register, run the pumps, check in merchandise, stock shelves, prepare ready to eat foods and do store clean up simultaneously. This sounds like an exaggeration but seriously you usually are doing at least four things at a time. When you figure out that you are capable of multi-tasking in this capacity you will find that it is exhilarating. Learning to multi-task is an invaluable skill to learn. This work was fast paced and exciting. The hardest part was having to deal with sketching individuals at night when working alone.
Productive, fun
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 10, 2017
I enjoyed working with this company. Management was great in working with their employees and meeting special needs (if required)
Customer inter action was great, fun and rewarding in the fact that I got great satisfaction from dealing with all people.
Pros
Fun, rewarding and great advancement opportunities
Cons
Healthcare
Great Place to get into for a first start in retail
Store Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Suffolk, VA 23434January 31, 2017
Company has great opportunity to grow and learn many things about retail. Has flexible schedules. Has many opportunities to travel and move to other areas that there is a Kangaroo even across sea's.
Great Store
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Springlake, NcJanuary 24, 2017
Amazing starter job. Fun & up beat.Gives you skills to be able to talk to people & tech experinces. The people that worked there were great to work with. They give you alot to do so you feel as if you are earning your money well.
I enjoyed my job and customers.
Asst. Store Manger (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJanuary 15, 2017
I loved working with Kangaroo Express and the customers were so nice and loving. I resigned that job for a better job I shouldn't acted so quickly on.
Two words- Convience Store.
Asst Manager (Former Employee) –  Belleview, FLJanuary 9, 2017
I worked as an Assistant Manager the whole time i was pregnant with my middle child. They were constantly changing my shifts. The manager was a flake and was never around and left all his work for Myself and the other Asst Manager.