KANGAROO Employee Reviews

liked the empolyees
Lead Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  West Columbia, SCJuly 21, 2016
I like working with the public and getting to know the people in the community. Liked my co-workers/employees. Flexible work schedule and direct supervisior and I had a good relationship.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
higher management not so good
Great Overall
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, GAJune 15, 2016
Kangaroo is a great place to work. They really worked with my scheduling needs. There is room for advancement within the company. Great benefits. You meet new people on a daily basis.
Team Oriented work environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Clarkesville, GAOctober 30, 2015
Job allowed me to use my former abilities in regard to customer service and problem solving. Management had high expectations in maintaining stores image and cleanliness.
Pros
Mangement cared personall about training their employees at an above average level.
Cons
Part time, limited hours 28 minimum, no chance for immediate advancement, no personal benefits due to being part-time.
There is a reason The Pantry got bought out.
Lead Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Clayton, NCDecember 27, 2015
Unless they've changed things, be prepared to work. Stocking coolers, switching coffee, checking pumps, running lottery. Unless you are good a mulit-tasking you don't need to work in a convenience store.
Pros
Benefits, typically the manager will work with you.
Cons
SUPER CORPORATE
Amazing Job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 30, 2016
We were bought out by Circle K, but before that, Kangaroo was an awesome company to work for. I loved being part of the team, and the C-store environment always kept me on my toes. If you like a lot of tasks, always being busy, and a sense of working independently, this is a great career!
Stressful job to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MSJune 7, 2016
I was not trained real good once I came to this store. Liked the customers that came into the store. The long hours and working overnight was hard. For the paper work I had learned only maybe 3 weeks before the store manager and assisting manager went on vacation together.
Pros
Got to move back to my family
Cons
Hours and working overnight
i was a cashier
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCSeptember 6, 2016
working with the public was an awesome opportunity. i loves the customers that would come in the company. i loved the management. they were very helpful
Customer service
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCAugust 15, 2016
Working here was very different for me. I enjoyed working with the customers and I learned how to mange my time and being able to multi-task. My co-workers where more so for themselves and not about working as a team. My supervisor was very helpful. The hardest part was working alone late at night by myself with no help and that was one of the busiest part of the day.
great job
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 3, 2016
Customers was were nice. Manager was flexible with schedule.
I learned how to run the register in a professional manner. The hardest part of the job was when other employee quit and we had to all help out with the schedules.
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
not enough staff
Wonderful place to work. Awesome customers!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Diberville, MSSeptember 16, 2016
Everyday there was a new challenge. I truly enjoy assisting the public so they will have a warm and memorable positive experience every customer, every time.
Pros
Always something to do.
Cons
Sometime we would run out of things.

Want to know more about KANGAROO?

Ask a question
It was an pretty decent place to work until new management took over
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNFebruary 18, 2016
Kangaroo had a pretty nice work environment for the most part. Customers were friendly and there weren't too many issues with stealing. Management in the beginning was wonderful; they made the work environment fun and made me feel like family. Although the pay was less the great, the people is what made it a good place to work at. However after a change in management, the environment shifted to a more rigid pace. This in turn caused stress levels to rise and the work environment became overbearing.
Pros
In the beginning the work environment felt like family and fun, we did our jobs well and enjoyed it.
Cons
The change in management brought in a more rigid system and the pay was only minimum wage, so the high stress and low pay there was no equity in working there any longer.
Work atmosphere is fair
production line worker (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 18, 2015
work life / ok

very productive work place

life insurance only

no advancement

fair management

ALL cultures welcome

THE MAJORITY of workers are ex-convicts working for the first time. BUT most have NO work ethics ,and NO respect for co-workers.

Hardest part of this job is accepting ONLY ONE BREAK in an eight hour shift while working with frozen products in 30 degree temperature and dealing with frost bites.

no enjoyment in this job at all. you are just a number on the line , the supervisor does not care about your name . he only cares about the amount of people on the line to make the neccesary production that makes him look good..

new PLANT MANAGER HAS ABSOLUTELY NO CONCERN FOR THE EMPLOYEES WELL BEING.
Pros
NONE
Cons
NONE
Good place to work overall
Assitant Manager (Former Employee) –  Manchester, TNApril 6, 2016
I found this job to be enjoyable. I loved working with the customers and liked the overall job. I learned about helping manage a store. The only downfall of the job was having worked out an agreement with the manager on hours/availability and then having a different manager come in that would not compromise on the availability that was previously set up. I was working two jobs and had to choose one.
Pros
Enjoy this type of work environment
Cons
New manager
horrible
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Childersburg, ALJuly 2, 2016
this place was just awful i faced harressment and was told there was nothing i could do about it so i was written up when i told i would take it to higher ups
Merely a stepping stone
Lead Assistant Manager/ Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCMarch 4, 2016
Same repetitive work tasks, turnover rate is high which further indicates that the job is not intended for a long term career.
Pros
Cons
No actual breaks although you're supposed to have one
somewhat a good place to interact with people
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAJuly 26, 2013
The most enjoyable part of the day is the customers with some manners and some of your co workers that truely do their jobs, and the hardest part is the customers who are rude and the company expects you to take whatever they dish out except when you've had all you can take and you speak your mind then the company lets you go after years or months of employment. Unless you can give them 24 hours a day seven days a week it's not worth the effort of applying for the company.
Pros
if full time associate it's the vacation and benefits
Cons
no breaks unless you smoke
not a bad place
cashier (Former Employee) –  King, NCJune 6, 2016
the work inviroment wasnt that bad other then my co workers not doing their job.it was a little laid back but no real issues
i really love working
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL 32219February 4, 2016
making people laugh and happy by my smile
management do a great job at know and wanting to know whats going on in the store.
my co-works are alot of fun with alot of personality
i think the hardest part of my day is not understanding some of the language that comes in the store.
The most enjoyable part about my job is that i can eat free icee and coffee all day.
Cons
no breaks
Not a pruductive place to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCJanuary 8, 2014
Not a good place to work. They start you out making minimum wage. The raises are not worth it and you only get them once a year. Management is under trained and not equip to run the store. The scheduling is done in a way that all ways leaves the store lacking. The only promote employees that are uneducated and willing to be lap dogs.
the roo
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 29, 2016
long hours I don't like 3rd shift the standing up all day and to work 2 registers while watching to see if people are stealing is a headache.