Kankakee Community College

Kankakee Community College Employer Reviews

Community College
Student (Former Employee), Kankakee, ILJuly 17, 2014
Professional teachers and classes. Provided typical class work that resulted in certificate
Mailroom Clerk
Mailroom Clerk (Former Employee), Kankakee, ILJune 11, 2014
Receive and sort mail and load it on delivery carts, distribute mail to appropriate recipients or departments, maintain record of incoming mail, ensure delivery of outgoing mails to courier or post office, assists with payroll checking and accounts payable printing and distribution, provide support in picking and packing promotional materials
Lacks Core Values
Faculty (Former Employee), Kankakee, ILMay 16, 2014
Pros: i learned what not to look for in an employer
Cons: racists
The college lacks core values. Of course they have several listed under their mission as all institutions do, however, KCC completely lacks respect, excellence, integrity, and collaboration.
Administration functions with a - small town, small mind - "buddy system". Many of the administrators openly discriminate against black employees and treat black – more... students as "less-than".
If you're a redneck conservative, you'll do well with this bunch of bigots. – less
Core Values
Director of Workforce Services (Current Employee), Kankakee, ILNovember 15, 2013
Pros: assisting customers and clients.
Cons: long days
A typical day at work is service customers. Assisting with resumes, cover letter and on-line application.
Secretary Assistant
Secretary Assistant (Former Employee), Kankakee, ILSeptember 25, 2013
Data Entry, Files, Work With Team, Use Excel to enter information about students, and also use other microsoft software such as word, powerpoint, ect.
Quiet place
Librarian (Former Employee), Kankakee, ILJuly 28, 2013
Pros: seeing people
Cons: working in a quiet enviorment
I was a student worker. I was only employed for a couple of months but over all it was a very quiet job.
Good job to have in high school
Secretary Assistant (Former Employee), Kankakee, ILFebruary 7, 2013
Pros: safe place to work
Cons: only worked part time
I enjoyed the customer experience that i received while working at Walgreen's.
Very productive and fun
Custodian (Former Employee), Kankakee, ILFebruary 7, 2013
Having a job whereas I can clean and and interact with the customers and students was exciting.
Great Continuing Education Department
Adult Education Instructor (Former Employee), Kankakee, ILAugust 22, 2012
Pros: great environment
Management cares for students and their development. It was very nice environment where you can focus on developing your craft and relating to your students.
federal student Work Study Program
Custodian (Former Employee), Kankakee, ILMay 21, 2012
Pros: 20-hours only
Cons: no room for growth
Being that I done this job and had to attend school, I preferred to be hired as an regular employee but was not given the chance.
Fun working environment.
Student Assistant (Former Employee), Kankakee, ILApril 19, 2012
Pros: fun, productive, fast-paced
Cons: no room for advancement without a qualified degree
Enjoyable place to work even with the hustle and bustle of every day life. Management was excellent in working with my schedule. I learned to have more patience not only with children, but with their parents. The other job I held at the Campus helped me to look inside the business world and see what it's like for individuals that are consistently looking – more... for employment. The most enjoyable part of both jobs were the friendships I made while working there. – less
Good place to start
Student Computer Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Computer LabFebruary 16, 2012
I worked in the computer lab as a student assistant. It was a good place to get practical experience while learning.
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee), Kankakee, ILJanuary 8, 2012
Pros: close to home, great benefits
Cons: government programs
It was a great place to work, benefits were great, the people were great. The only downfall was being employed under a government funded program with that came the insecurity of employment as cuts were made due to no money for the programs to keep running.

About Kankakee Community College

Kankakee Community College offers Intercollegiate Athletics in men's basketball, women's basketball, baseball, softball, men's – Read more