Kansas City Kansas Community College

Kansas City Kansas Community College Employee Reviews

A Learning Experience
Secretary/Student Worker (Current Employee), Kansas City, KSJune 5, 2014
Pros: freedom, responsibility, respect, friendly atmosphere
Cons: boredom, 10 hour days in the summer - but off on friday
I began as a part-time summer worker entering jobs into a database and posting flyers on bulletin boards. Days could be a bit boring at times, but I knew if I stuck it out, I could learn a few things. When the secretary had surgery and was gone for 5 weeks, I came on full-time and began taking on some of her job characteristics.

I was asked to come back during the school year (I'm a full time student) and work as a work-study student. I still entered jobs into the database and posted flyers, but I started getting more responsibility. My supervisor realized with my years of work experience, she could ask me to do more and did.

The secretary retired in May, so I am back this summer, but in her position, working full time, and getting ready to help transition the office to another department when my supervisor retires.

I am hoping to stay on with that department while I finish my last two semesters in college as an intern.

My supervisors are wonderful ladies to work with and have learned a lot from both. The people that come in our office vary from students to community members looking for resume help, or to work on the computers, or just someone to talk to. And that's what I'm here for.

The hardest part of this job is the boredom. But I find things to do and have plenty of time while in class to work on my homework. The most enjoyable part is the people I work with and the ones that come in to see me every day. I feel respected and wanted here and that has become very important.
Fun relaxing environment
Student Worker (Former Employee), Kansas City, KSMay 29, 2014
Pros: easy going supervisor
Cons: when dealing with a rebellious student in the game room.
Loud with alot of students in the game room competing in ping pong and pool. I've learned that the game room and be crowded on certain days. They all stick to there position and nothing else then that. Not getting caught by the supervisor not catching a problem in the game room before he/she does. that's what i am hired for. When the game room is quite nowhere is there, i get to catch up on homework assignments.
Great job helping others
Tutor (Former Employee), Kansas City, KSJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: make your own hours, help students where your most comfortable
I was hesitant at first but really wanted to help others, and it was doing someone I was good at so I was able to help the students study and do better in there class!
Fun place to work while getting your education
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Kansas City, KSApril 23, 2013
Continuous pace of work, with it being a school environment there is always something going on. The most enjoyable part of the job was that it was very flexible and relaxed, never really any stressful moments.
I enjoy my faculty peers and the students. The Leavenworth Campus is a treasure!
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee), Social Science DepartrmentAugust 16, 2011
KCKCC is one of the best kept secrets in the metro area. It provides a quality education for urban students and steers students toward a successful experience in their last two years at a college of their choice.

Kansas City Kansas Community College Salaries