Kansas City Royals Employee Reviews

Enjoyable environment to work in
Parking Lot Attendant (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 29, 2017
This is a job that hires high character people. The pay is good and increases every season. The management is not the most desirable in terms of their treatment of two particular staffing departments.
Pros
Good pay and hours; good people to work with and enjoyable environment
Cons
Management; Seasonal job
One of the worst jobs I ever had
Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 8, 2017
I have been a huge baseball fan my entire life, so when I was hired by the Kansas City Royals it was a dream come true. However, once I started I realized the job was awful. First off is the pay. It is EMBARRASSING that they require a college degree and they pay you so low. Honestly, I made MORE money when I use to work at a fast food restaurant! Next is the ad for the job and when you first speak with management they say there is room for growth within the company, but there is not. Management just wants cheap labor and makes all inside sales reps think they have a shot at a full time position when they don't. None of my inside sales class was promoted at all. I am currently with another sports team and can't believe how bad working at the Royals was. I didn't even know it at the time how management was exploiting us. The positives are coworkers and being around the game. It is just from a business standpoint this job is terrible. Please get some better management in there! The craziest part was my inside sales class and I would talk all the time about how awful the job was and how broke and poor we were while we made the team thousands of dollars.
Pros
Cool factor in telling friends and family you work for a pro baseball team, your co employees are fine and some management
Cons
Almost everything, pay, some lying/egocentrical/incompetent management
Life changing
Pitcher (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 25, 2016
A typical day Playing for The Royals is pretty straight forward. It requires 10, sometimes 12 hour days with practice and games included. But its all worth it. Never can you be tested so hard and so often as you are when your a pitcher (in my opinion). Its an experience of a lifetime.
Pros
Free meals, playing in front 10, 000+ people every night
Cons
living in hotels for many months at a time, being away from home
A fun work environment.
Traffic Director (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 2, 2016
The most important thing I learned from this job was patience with people. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the extreme temperatures in the summer. My co-workers are great people with even better hearts. All of my supervisors are great people.
Great experience and people
Minor League Video Scout (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 18, 2016
I just worked as a seasonal intern, but overall great organization. Management treats their employees very well with a good organizational culture.
Great way to work in professional sports
Game Crew (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 19, 2016
Love coordinating all the pregame festivities including National Anthem, ceremonial first pitch, and in game activities like the hot dog race.

Great place to work and watch a little baseball.
productive and a fun workplace
Sweeper (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 8, 2015
I keep the restrooms swept and clean , I pulled trash , I would help greet the customers, and i would help the elderly to there seats.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Fun Work Enviroment
Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 8, 2015
I have got a chance to meet many great people which made it a comfortable work environment. Everybody got along which made it easier to do my job.
This is a great summer job, love the atmosphere
Usher (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 4, 2014
I have worked for the royals going on nineteen seasons I love the people I work for, work with ,and the fans I know and the fans I meet I love helping people. I have been there along time I hold a good position I have a lot of experience. Plus I love baseball and the k:c. Royals
Pros
Great place to work, Feels like family
Cons
I dont have any
Fun part-time job
Parking Lot/Traffic Director (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 19, 2013
Great pay, energetic atmosphere, opportunity for advancement year to year, supervisors are firm but fair, and you can go inside and watch the games after your shift.
Fun atmosphere
Restroom Attendant (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 31, 2013
Good staff to work with. Good hours and you can watch a baseball game.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kansas City Royals. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4