Reports to: Micro Computer Support Technician, K-State Olathe Campus
Information Technology Student Assistant works directly with the Micro Computer Support Technician, Events Coordinator and Facility Operations Manager, and other K-State Olathe staff to support audiovisual and technology needs. Must be able to cover daytime hours, as well as evening and weekend classes and events.
- Provide assistance with audiovisual and technology needs in classrooms and event spaces
- Meet and follow up with event clients, staff and faculty to insure all AV/IT systems are setup and working
- Perform classroom technology checks
- Provides proper desktop technology support to end user
- Report major and unresolvable issues to the Micro Computer Support Technician
- Manage and update facility inventory database (Property Trak) with spot checks
- Coordinate and manage hardware repairs with Micro Computer Support Technician
- Maintain broad knowledge of the facility and the audiovisual technology to provide timely customer assistance and help faculty, staff and clients with needs and problems
- Other duties as assigned
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to act quickly, respond and relate to clients and resolve issues in a timely manner
- Background and familiarity with PC and Mac operating systems and trouble shooting
- Excellent communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Evidence of being a self starter
- Ability to work independently and in team settings
- Ability to problem solve and think creatively
- Preferred experience in audiovisual systems and classroom technology
- Be available to work evening and weekend events
- Submit a letter of application addressing how your qualification and skills relate to the position
- Submit a resume listing education, employment history and other relevant professional information
- Submit the names, phone numbers and email addresses for at least three references
Screening of applications begins on October 24, and continues until the position is filled. For information call 913-307-7359.
Kansas State University is an equal opportunity employer and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Company Name and Location:
Kansas State University-Olathe
22201 W. Innovation Drive
Olathe, KS 66061
Contact: Chad Roberts
Minimum salary - $9.00 per hour. Hourly compensation based on experience.