Kansas State University Employee Reviews

nice place
Assistant Director - Career Services (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSJuly 24, 2017
enjoyed collaborating with co workers and working on special projects. enjoyed the social scene outside of work and the nature filled experiences that the area had to offer.
Wild Cats!
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSJuly 13, 2017
Good place. Manhattan as a town isn't somewhere that I would want to live long term. There isn't a lot to do outside the university circle. Not a strong young professional population.
I dont want to write this but it wont let me continue without doing it
Graduate Teaching Assistant (GTA) (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KSJuly 9, 2017
show up at work, learn to deal with people in frustrating circumstances sometimes, management is fine, workplace culture is too liberal (its a university), hardest part is grading labs when you dont want to, most enjoyable part is teaching labs because its easy pay for the time/effort put in
Great place for full time students
Student Employee (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KS 66502July 7, 2017
K-State offers great job opportunities for full-time students. Parking Services offers a friendly work environment with great management. A typical day involves handling disgruntled customers and managing their payments. Answering phones and computer work is also a part of the job.
Pros
Great place to get homework done
Cons
Parking is not discounted and minimum wage
Kansas State
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSJuly 6, 2017
Great place to work. Staff are friendly and focused on student growth. As GTA you will work a lot and be expected to continue to earn high marks. If your work or grades are sub-par you may lose your stipend or GTA position.
Pros
Free schooling, stipend
Cons
Long work hours
Very Flexible Workplace!
Student Data Entry Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KSJune 23, 2017
K-State is an awesome place to work. They are very flexible with our student schedules and are very supportive especially during midterms and finals (we get treat bags!). I enjoy working here unfortunately it is a minimum wage job.
It was a good place to work, but it depends on who you work with
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSJune 22, 2017
I was the GTA for K-State. People were nice and the work environment was great. My schedule was flexible as I was a student first. My supervisor was reasonable and she told me to put my own study first. The professors that I assistant were great. But it didn't happen to all the GTAs there. And my peers and my salary was the lowest on the campus. The department raise the salary the next year after I graduate, so the following GTAs have a better feeling about it.
Few departments are good, few, but do exist
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSJune 21, 2017
Several departments, training did not exist, setting a new excited employee up for potential failure/disappointment. Sat in a new position weeks not knowing what I was to do and with no direction which was a waste of university time and money. Another position, little training was provided and only when I asked. I was training on what I had figured out and taught myself weeks after I started... Was even complimented on my training abilities.
Pros
Can be fulfilling to work with faculty, staff and students
Cons
Lack of training an issue, many supervisors and managers out of touch, well-established benefits hi-lighted for below market pay, survival mode needed.
Fine place to spend a couple years as a GTA
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSJune 18, 2017
I worked here as a Graduate Teaching Assistant and enjoyed it a lot. I don't have a lot to say negatively about KSU and what I could say is very personal to me. I wouldn't fault anyone for making a decision to come to KSU or not come to KSU for school or work.
Pros
good mix of people, fun environment
Cons
probably going to be working some on the weekends.
Productive and good place to work in
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KSJune 16, 2017
fun
Peaceful area
Many skills are learned in this area.
University
Information Systems - Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Salina, KSJune 14, 2017
My director and supervisors were an amazing team of "mad scientists" to work for. Everyday there was a different challenge to tackle. From server work to installing new hardware and software, it was definitely a great learning experience.
Every department is different
Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KSJune 6, 2017
Depends on the department if you have a good experience or not. Some departments are very laid back while others are more demanding of overtime. Lack of raises the last few years has been a negative. Benefits are still pretty good but going down every year.
Pros
Flexible hours in my position
Cons
Work load is getting quite heavy per person
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSJune 6, 2017
Kansas State University is a great place to be a part of. The people are exceptional and the atmosphere and fun, relaxed, and productive. It is a great place to be.
Summer job
Student Maintenance Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSMay 31, 2017
Staff is friendly and lenient on other work schedules. This is exactly what it should be considered as, a summer job. Decent place for students to work full-time during the summers.
Productive and knowledgeable
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KSMay 26, 2017
All though it is difficult juggling school, work, and involvements; Kansas State understood that my school was first and provided me with flexible hours. The hardest part of the job was incorporating my research in my already busy day. The most enjoyable part was a distraction from other things while gaining new knowledge.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
A lot of busy work
Graduate Teaching Position
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSMay 24, 2017
I was a GTA through grad school. The position paid for my degree and did not interfere with my studies. Would definitely recommend looking at this type of position for graduate studies. The job taught me many skills outside of the classroom.
Bad
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSMay 8, 2017
Management was super unorganized and the opportunity was very slim employees in the undergrad student role are not appreciated nor do they pay enough for what you do.
Decent job with low pay
CUSTODIAN (Current Employee) –  manhattan, ksMay 3, 2017
Working at KSU is okay, the environment could be better, lots of poor middle managers causing stress. Working here is mainly for the benefits and not the pay.
Pros
benefits are good
Cons
pay is very low
Good experience to gain for research
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KSApril 25, 2017
This job helps increase your communication skills. When showcasing your research, you would have to learn a way to communicate technical terms to people that do not have any technical backgrounds, so helps in being able to communicate better.
Great Co-workers
STUDENT SERVICES COORDINATOR/ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSApril 24, 2017
Working at KSU was a great experience, however I was very underpaid. They required a master's degree for my position, but the pay was sub-par. My co-workers were amazing individuals and I was able to forge excellent comradery with them. The downside of working here was the office politics, which did improve over time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kansas State University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5