Kansas State University

Kansas State University United States Employee Reviews

Student
Coordinated Program in Dietetics (Current Employee), Manhattan, KSApril 19, 2015
Kansas State University is a great place to learn and work! The professors are knowledgeable and they have had a great impact on my life and future career.
Good university, bad state
Instructor (GTA) (Current Employee), Manhattan, KSApril 8, 2015
I had the opportunity to study and work at K-State, all good experiences except for the fact that research assistants do not have tuition waiver and salaries were not enough to cover then. My area of knowledge also does not have as much funding available, so job security was a problem. In addition, recently the economic crises in the state resulted in cut of funding for education...
Good Place to work
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Manhattan, KSMarch 11, 2015
It was truly a pleasure teaching as a member of the Mathematics Department at Kansas State University. We had excellent mentors in both the academic and teaching fields.
great place
Student union (Former Employee), Manhattan, KSMarch 6, 2015
In Kansas, you can watch football and hand out with native residents. Although is a small town,you will fall in love with it.
Great learning expierence
Graduate Teaching/Research Assistant (GTA/GRA) (Current Employee), Manhattan, KSFebruary 23, 2015
I get to work hands on with all of the professors of marketing, assisting them with any and all of their teaching or research activities.
Nice place to work
Systems Specialist (Current Employee), Manhattan, KansasFebruary 23, 2015
Monday - Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM;Very nice environment University environment;Limited opportunity to grow;other benefits
Kansas State University Land Grant College
Research Associate (Current Employee), Manhattan KansasJanuary 26, 2015
Kansas State University Land Grant College is a great place to work with many opportunities for growth.
Educational institution
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Manhattan, KSJanuary 21, 2015
Good for a starting step to pursue your future career goals.
It's an educational Institution for higher learning and help you to expand and grow as a person.
It's great because you get to work with students and faculty and are able to focus on a wide area of interest within your job.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Student Supervisor (Former Employee), Manhattan, KSJanuary 13, 2015
It was a very productive workplace with a great family atmosphere. Working there while pursuing my undergraduate studies was a very enjoyable learning experience, to say the least.
Great University
Postdoctoral Research Fellow (Current Employee), Manhattan, KSDecember 8, 2014
Great mentors and good opportunities for collaborations (inter and intra departmental) .
Fun place to work
Graduate Teaching/Research Assistant (Current Employee), Manhattan, KSDecember 2, 2014
Always a good time and working with students is always a rewarding experience.The department has a family feel, which allows a comfortable environment. I would recommend to anyone!
I worked for Ratio Christi, not K-State
Ratio Christi Chapter Director (Former Employee), K-StateNovember 10, 2014
Pros: great atmosphere on campus with the students, loved being in charge of the events and chapter meetings.
Cons: poor leadership from the outside and pay was horrible.
The company possessed very poor management abilities and it was beyond being able to deal with effectively, so I left the company. It was also a support raised position so I didn't make barely any money at all.
Providing services to all students and faculties
Tutor - Accounting Department (Former Employee), Manhattan, KSNovember 8, 2014
I handled all cash transactions and recorded all cash receipts for school dining room.
As the secretary to the department head of Landscape Architecture and the working secretary for the professors, I learned to budget my time.
Department Head Secretary (Former Employee), Manhattan, KSNovember 3, 2014
As the secretary for the department head of Landscape Architecture and the staff of professors, I learned to work with many different working styles and how to work with them to accomplish what they needed to have done.
Nice working enviroment
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Manhattan, KSSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: people are easy to work with in the group
Cons: not many groups there to work in similar research fields.
I enjoyed working in the JRM lab at Kasas State University. The people in our group are very friendly and easy to work with, The only disadvantage I can think of is that not many groups are doing similar research work as our group.
Stimulating research environment
Lab Technician (Former Employee), Manhattan, KSSeptember 1, 2014
Working in a laboratory at a university has many advantages, including resources, experience, and access to knowledgeable faculty and staff. Kansas State University is no different.
Fun job, loved working with the soldiers.
Part-time nurse (Former Employee), Manhattan, KansasJuly 12, 2014
.  Worked on a project entitled, "Evaluation of Personal Cooling Systems for Soldiers," sponsored by the U.S. Army. Instrumented and dressed human subjects for 2-hour exercise trials in a hot environmental chamber. Monitored subjects during the session and dealt with heat stress incidents. Measured the metabolic rate and oxygen consumption of subjects using a MET cart. After the session, assisted subjects with the removal of their sensors and clothing. Cleaned lab for the next session.
Great place to attend college
Ambassador (Former Employee), Manhattan, KSJuly 12, 2014
Enjoyed the diversity of the students on campus and have a chance to meet new people from all walks of life.
A fun workplace with great co-workers
Summer Staff Coordinator (Current Employee), Manhattan, KSJune 30, 2014
Pros: free room, board, & laundry
Honestly this is one of the best jobs I have had to date. Amazing boss and co-workers, flexible hours, great benefits. The hardest part of my job would be the language barrier with international students.
A good productive place. It offer educational incentive
Custodial Senior Supervisor (Former Employee), Manhattan, KSJune 26, 2014
Pros: discounted lunch
Cons: n/a
It is a neat environment. It is productive and maintain a good employee retention.

1 2 3 4

About Kansas State University

Founded in 1863, K-State was one of America's first land-grant colleges. K-State ranks first nationally among state universities – Read more

Kansas State University Salaries