Kansas State University Employee Reviews

Very Flexible Workplace!
Student Data Entry Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KSJune 23, 2017
K-State is an awesome place to work. They are very flexible with our student schedules and are very supportive especially during midterms and finals (we get treat bags!). I enjoy working here unfortunately it is a minimum wage job.
It was a good place to work, but it depends on who you work with
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSJune 22, 2017
I was the GTA for K-State. People were nice and the work environment was great. My schedule was flexible as I was a student first. My supervisor was reasonable and she told me to put my own study first. The professors that I assistant were great. But it didn't happen to all the GTAs there. And my peers and my salary was the lowest on the campus. The department raise the salary the next year after I graduate, so the following GTAs have a better feeling about it.
Few departments are good, few, but do exist
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSJune 21, 2017
Several departments, training did not exist, setting a new excited employee up for potential failure/disappointment. Sat in a new position weeks not knowing what I was to do and with no direction which was a waste of university time and money. Another position, little training was provided and only when I asked. I was training on what I had figured out and taught myself weeks after I started... Was even complimented on my training abilities.
Pros
Can be fulfilling to work with faculty, staff and students
Cons
Lack of training an issue, many supervisors and managers out of touch, well-established benefits hi-lighted for below market pay, survival mode needed.
Fine place to spend a couple years as a GTA
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSJune 18, 2017
I worked here as a Graduate Teaching Assistant and enjoyed it a lot. I don't have a lot to say negatively about KSU and what I could say is very personal to me. I wouldn't fault anyone for making a decision to come to KSU or not come to KSU for school or work.
Pros
good mix of people, fun environment
Cons
probably going to be working some on the weekends.
Productive and good place to work in
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KSJune 16, 2017
fun
Peaceful area
Many skills are learned in this area.
University
Information Systems - Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Salina, KSJune 14, 2017
My director and supervisors were an amazing team of "mad scientists" to work for. Everyday there was a different challenge to tackle. From server work to installing new hardware and software, it was definitely a great learning experience.
Every department is different
Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KSJune 6, 2017
Depends on the department if you have a good experience or not. Some departments are very laid back while others are more demanding of overtime. Lack of raises the last few years has been a negative. Benefits are still pretty good but going down every year.
Pros
Flexible hours in my position
Cons
Work load is getting quite heavy per person
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSJune 6, 2017
Kansas State University is a great place to be a part of. The people are exceptional and the atmosphere and fun, relaxed, and productive. It is a great place to be.
Summer job
Student Maintenance Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSMay 31, 2017
Staff is friendly and lenient on other work schedules. This is exactly what it should be considered as, a summer job. Decent place for students to work full-time during the summers.
Productive and knowledgeable
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KSMay 26, 2017
All though it is difficult juggling school, work, and involvements; Kansas State understood that my school was first and provided me with flexible hours. The hardest part of the job was incorporating my research in my already busy day. The most enjoyable part was a distraction from other things while gaining new knowledge.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
A lot of busy work

Want to know more about Kansas State University?

Ask a question
Graduate Teaching Position
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSMay 24, 2017
I was a GTA through grad school. The position paid for my degree and did not interfere with my studies. Would definitely recommend looking at this type of position for graduate studies. The job taught me many skills outside of the classroom.
Bad
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSMay 8, 2017
Management was super unorganized and the opportunity was very slim employees in the undergrad student role are not appreciated nor do they pay enough for what you do.
Decent job with low pay
CUSTODIAN (Current Employee) –  manhattan, ksMay 3, 2017
Working at KSU is okay, the environment could be better, lots of poor middle managers causing stress. Working here is mainly for the benefits and not the pay.
Pros
benefits are good
Cons
pay is very low
Good experience to gain for research
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KSApril 25, 2017
This job helps increase your communication skills. When showcasing your research, you would have to learn a way to communicate technical terms to people that do not have any technical backgrounds, so helps in being able to communicate better.
Great Co-workers
STUDENT SERVICES COORDINATOR/ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSApril 24, 2017
Working at KSU was a great experience, however I was very underpaid. They required a master's degree for my position, but the pay was sub-par. My co-workers were amazing individuals and I was able to forge excellent comradery with them. The downside of working here was the office politics, which did improve over time.
Great opportunity to acquire new and useful skills in a productive and friendly environment.
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSApril 13, 2017
Being an RA really is a full time job that requires a high level of dedication and attention to detail. The most enjoyable part of the job is the many incredible relationships you have the opportunity to form with residents, fellow RAs, and even members of the supervising staff. The hardest part of the job is being able to balance work with personal time and making sure to allow yourself time to decompress between work.
Very good place to work
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KSApril 7, 2017
Good place to work, fair pay, but limited upward advancement for Unclassified employee. Great benefits, flexible hours, and very transparent working environment
Fun place to work. Quality experience
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSMarch 30, 2017
Working in laboratory research at the veterinary college in the anatomy and physiology department provided me valuable experience and opportunities which led to me pursuing a masters in biomedical science. Great opportunities for people who are attending Kansas State and might be interested in medical research.
Awesome place to begin a career
Greenhouse renovation committee member (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSMarch 27, 2017
My time there was so enriching and I learned so much about plants, organizations, and people. Everyone can get a chance to move up if you try hard and put your mind to it.
Nice workplace and advisor
Graduate Teaching Assistant (GTA) (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KSMarch 24, 2017
I am pretty happy to work with my professors. The Mechanical and Nuclear engineering department offers me a nice workplace. Also, the students are very nice to me. I am happy to help them.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kansas State University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5