Kansas State University

Kansas State University Employee Reviews

Overall Wonderful
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Manhattan, KSJuly 8, 2015
Pros: Wonderful envrionment
Cons: Low compensation for graduate students
Working in the soybean breeding program and for Kansas State University has been a wonderful experience. While certain times of the year are busier than others there is always something going on and something to learn.
A general university lab job
Lab Research Assistant (Former Employee), Manhattan, KSJune 24, 2015
General University lab job that follow the guidance of the professor. Your job content varies a lot that follow the research thesis of the graduate student.
Its a good university, not the top, but good
Postdoctoral Research Associate (Current Employee), Manhattan, KSJune 5, 2015
Pros: You can learn a lot
Cons: Low salaries for postdocs
I learnt a lot of things. Co-workers were great, but compensation was really bad. I think if it is a great place for undergraduate education. Even graduate school is decent. But due to lack of funds, postdoctoral research sucks. Most of the projects are not funded. Not recommended for pursuing postdoctoral research.
Great place!
Graduate Research Assistant, (Former Employee), Department of EntomologyJune 2, 2015
My experience and memories about working in the university are superb. The atmosphere is great mainly due to a great number of international people. The university cares equally about the quality of life of workers and students. The benefits offered were also good. This is a great place to work.
Small and quiet place for research
Graduate assistant (Former Employee), Manhattan, KSMay 24, 2015
Although it is a small town, which might be boring for some people, I enjoyed living there a lot.Two hour drive from Kansas City.
A good place to study and people here are lovely
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Manhattan, KSApril 29, 2015
My job here is as a graduate research assistant. I worked on monitoring and managing surface water quality in impaired Kansas watersheds, with emphasis on cyanobacteria blooms and the corresponding management strategies.I have learned the key concepts, principles and practices in environmental engineering, and become acquainted with issues like erosion and sediment control, and storm water and waste water management design.
I like Kansas State University, it has the most lovely people and the happiest students. I enjoy my study and work here and also working with the people here.
This is a wonderful place to work and study.
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Manhattan, KSApril 27, 2015
Pros: Timing flexibility
Cons: nothing
The work culture here is amazing. Cannot ask for a better place to study and with assistant ship, you cannot ask more. While teaching to the students, i got to increase depth in my subject as well.
Student
Coordinated Program in Dietetics (Current Employee), Manhattan, KSApril 19, 2015
Kansas State University is a great place to learn and work! The professors are knowledgeable and they have had a great impact on my life and future career.
Good university, bad state
Instructor (GTA) (Current Employee), Manhattan, KSApril 8, 2015
I had the opportunity to study and work at K-State, all good experiences except for the fact that research assistants do not have tuition waiver and salaries were not enough to cover then. My area of knowledge also does not have as much funding available, so job security was a problem. In addition, recently the economic crises in the state resulted in cut of funding for education...
Good Place to work
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Manhattan, KSMarch 11, 2015
It was truly a pleasure teaching as a member of the Mathematics Department at Kansas State University. We had excellent mentors in both the academic and teaching fields.
great place
Student union (Former Employee), Manhattan, KSMarch 6, 2015
In Kansas, you can watch football and hand out with native residents. Although is a small town,you will fall in love with it.
Great learning expierence
Graduate Teaching/Research Assistant (GTA/GRA) (Current Employee), Manhattan, KSFebruary 23, 2015
I get to work hands on with all of the professors of marketing, assisting them with any and all of their teaching or research activities.
Nice place to work
Systems Specialist (Current Employee), Manhattan, KansasFebruary 23, 2015
Monday - Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM;Very nice environment University environment;Limited opportunity to grow;other benefits
Kansas State University Land Grant College
Research Associate (Current Employee), Manhattan KansasJanuary 26, 2015
Kansas State University Land Grant College is a great place to work with many opportunities for growth.
Educational institution
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Manhattan, KSJanuary 21, 2015
Good for a starting step to pursue your future career goals.
It's an educational Institution for higher learning and help you to expand and grow as a person.
It's great because you get to work with students and faculty and are able to focus on a wide area of interest within your job.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Student Supervisor (Former Employee), Manhattan, KSJanuary 13, 2015
It was a very productive workplace with a great family atmosphere. Working there while pursuing my undergraduate studies was a very enjoyable learning experience, to say the least.
Great University
Postdoctoral Research Fellow (Current Employee), Manhattan, KSDecember 8, 2014
Great mentors and good opportunities for collaborations (inter and intra departmental) .
Fun place to work
Graduate Teaching/Research Assistant (Current Employee), Manhattan, KSDecember 2, 2014
Always a good time and working with students is always a rewarding experience.The department has a family feel, which allows a comfortable environment. I would recommend to anyone!
I worked for Ratio Christi, not K-State
Ratio Christi Chapter Director (Former Employee), K-StateNovember 10, 2014
Pros: great atmosphere on campus with the students, loved being in charge of the events and chapter meetings.
Cons: poor leadership from the outside and pay was horrible.
The company possessed very poor management abilities and it was beyond being able to deal with effectively, so I left the company. It was also a support raised position so I didn't make barely any money at all.
Providing services to all students and faculties
Tutor - Accounting Department (Former Employee), Manhattan, KSNovember 8, 2014
I handled all cash transactions and recorded all cash receipts for school dining room.

1 2 3 4 5

About Kansas State University

Founded in 1863, K-State was one of America's first land-grant colleges. K-State ranks first nationally among state universities – Read more

Kansas State University Salaries