Kansas State University

Kansas State University Employee Reviews

Great work environment, learning opportunities
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KSSeptember 21, 2016
Great management team.

Make your own hours. (min 13 per week)

Assist evaluators on research projects.

Code Data.

Positive team environment.
Really
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSSeptember 1, 2016
You're goign to make me review a place that I was a teachers assistant? Come on indeed this is a little bit ridiculous. Maybe if it was a real job. DRRRR
Great!
Student Web Developer (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSAugust 21, 2016
Need to adjust sleeping schedule to wake up and start early before the area is used by residents, but otherwise a rather simple job to perform.
A good place to work
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSAugust 19, 2016
As a Graduate Research Assistant, you need to make sure your advisor has enough funding to support you through your study.
Very good
Chinese Teacher (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSAugust 17, 2016
This is a great school. Professors and students are very friendly. I had a lot of good memories there. I taught Chinese lessons for Chinese 2&5, 2 times a day. It's great experience for me to practice teaching skills.
LAB MONITOR (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSAugust 13, 2016
Good place to work, nice people. You get to move around and do many things in a day instead of getting bored with one job. The management is very understanding and flexible.
Loved working there had many people i will miss
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Jardine ApartmentsAugust 10, 2016
KSU is a wonderful place to work. I am only leaving because my husband has cancer and we are moving to Colorado. They have great benefits. Pay is not the best but benefits make up for that. My co-workers were the best around and my supervisor was awesome. Loved the paid holidays.
Great place to work.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSJuly 24, 2016
Kansas State University is a great place to work. They have excellent benefits and a dynamic academic atmosphere. There is room for advancement for excellent employees.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
job security due to state wide budget cuts
Non-exempt positions are treated very poorly by admin & faculty.
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KSJuly 24, 2016
Being a KSU grad I was very excited to return to Manhattan and apply my education and career experience as an employee of KSU. I regret this move greatly now. Unless you are employed in an exempt position (faculty, research assoc, upper admin) you are treated as if you do not matter. Raises, though given to exempt positions, are non-existent for non-exempt employees. This makes it near impossible to keep up with normal cost-of-living increases that occur for all citizens. Department heads have no clue how to run a business office and have free reign to do whatever they want, often unjustly and very biased. Forget about respect, collaboration or a friendly work culture. The worst place I have ever been employed by and though this is heart breaking for me, it is truth.
Pros
Sadly, nothing.
Cons
The culture, treatment and perception of non-exempt employees.
A great place to work while going to school. Kansas State offers many on-campus jobs for students.
Research Assistant and Animal Technician (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSJuly 12, 2016
I enjoyed working at Kansas State University during my undergraduate education. The job I held correlates to the degree I graduated with and promotes my professional experience in the field I wish to pursue.
excellent job
Student Custodian (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSJune 11, 2016
a typical day at work consists of cleaning bathrooms and emptying the trash. I learned alot about cleaning and working as a team by working here. Management is really excellent at Kstate. The co workers are excellent to work with and i have made some friends by working there.
Great university
Research assistant (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSJune 2, 2016
I have been privileged to be a part of this great institution. Top notch scholars and truly international environment comes to my mind as far as K-state is concerned.
productive
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSMay 30, 2016
very good place for learning and people are very nice. good campus. good advisors , I enjoyed alot being there. Manager and advisors are very nice and try to teach every thing they know
Affordable nice environment nice school
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KSMay 19, 2016
Nice campus, cheap housing, friendly environment. Lots of church activities. Most of my co-workers are from Asian and middle east. Campus parking available most of the time and school shuttle commute back and forth from campus to university housing area.
Pros
Cheap housing
Cons
Small city, limited job opportunity.
Good Work Environment
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSMay 10, 2016
Good Management and growth and learning opportunities
Management was also good
Challenging and interesting problems to solve
Great!
Accomplishments (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSMay 3, 2016
All of this work was mostly voluntary, but the university as a whole allows students to really challenge themselves and gain the necessary experiences to gain success.
Standard University GTA program
Graduate Teaching Assistant (GTA) (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KSMay 1, 2016
As a graduate teaching assistant my work responsibilities and hours varied. I enjoyed teaching and grading assignments. The management is wonderful and involved. I don't have any coworkers. The hardest part of the job was working to provide grades quickly while working on my own schoolwork.
Pros
tuition assistance, work at school, easy going management
Cons
weird hours, off and on
Excellent working environment
Research Assistant (Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSApril 14, 2016
K-State provides outstanding opportunities to explore different career paths and obtain hands-on experience that can help you succeed in the work market after graduation.
Pros
A great variety of volunteer internships.
Cons
Located in a small town.
Mediocre
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSApril 4, 2016
Mediocre at best I would certainly not recommend taking the position I occupied if this is any indication of how things are run here.
Fun workplace with flexible scheduling
Solutions Room Technician (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KSMarch 23, 2016
Many of my tasks had weekly deadlines and if work was finished before that deadline the rest of the work week would be spent getting a head start on next weeks work or other items. It could be hectic at times but was mostly a relaxed environment.

4.5