Kansas State University Employee Reviews in United States

Great place to work.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSJuly 24, 2016
Kansas State University is a great place to work. They have excellent benefits and a dynamic academic atmosphere. There is room for advancement for excellent employees.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
job security due to state wide budget cuts
Non-exempt positions are treated very poorly by admin & faculty.
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KSJuly 24, 2016
Being a KSU grad I was very excited to return to Manhattan and apply my education and career experience as an employee of KSU. I regret this move greatly now. Unless you are employed in an exempt position (faculty, research assoc, upper admin) you are treated as if you do not matter. Raises, though given to exempt positions, are non-existent for non-exempt employees. This makes it near impossible to keep up with normal cost-of-living increases that occur for all citizens. Department heads have no clue how to run a business office and have free reign to do whatever they want, often unjustly and very biased. Forget about respect, collaboration or a friendly work culture. The worst place I have ever been employed by and though this is heart breaking for me, it is truth.
Pros
Sadly, nothing.
Cons
The culture, treatment and perception of non-exempt employees.
A great place to work while going to school. Kansas State offers many on-campus jobs for students.
Research Assistant and Animal Technician (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSJuly 12, 2016
I enjoyed working at Kansas State University during my undergraduate education. The job I held correlates to the degree I graduated with and promotes my professional experience in the field I wish to pursue.
excellent job
Student Custodian (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSJune 11, 2016
a typical day at work consists of cleaning bathrooms and emptying the trash. I learned alot about cleaning and working as a team by working here. Management is really excellent at Kstate. The co workers are excellent to work with and i have made some friends by working there.
Great university
Research assistant (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSJune 2, 2016
I have been privileged to be a part of this great institution. Top notch scholars and truly international environment comes to my mind as far as K-state is concerned.
productive
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSMay 30, 2016
very good place for learning and people are very nice. good campus. good advisors , I enjoyed alot being there. Manager and advisors are very nice and try to teach every thing they know
Affordable nice environment nice school
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KSMay 19, 2016
Nice campus, cheap housing, friendly environment. Lots of church activities. Most of my co-workers are from Asian and middle east. Campus parking available most of the time and school shuttle commute back and forth from campus to university housing area.
Pros
Cheap housing
Cons
Small city, limited job opportunity.
Good Work Environment
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSMay 10, 2016
Good Management and growth and learning opportunities
Management was also good
Challenging and interesting problems to solve
Great!
Accomplishments (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSMay 3, 2016
All of this work was mostly voluntary, but the university as a whole allows students to really challenge themselves and gain the necessary experiences to gain success.
Standard University GTA program
Graduate Teaching Assistant (GTA) (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KSMay 1, 2016
As a graduate teaching assistant my work responsibilities and hours varied. I enjoyed teaching and grading assignments. The management is wonderful and involved. I don't have any coworkers. The hardest part of the job was working to provide grades quickly while working on my own schoolwork.
Pros
tuition assistance, work at school, easy going management
Cons
weird hours, off and on
Excellent working environment
Research Assistant (Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSApril 14, 2016
K-State provides outstanding opportunities to explore different career paths and obtain hands-on experience that can help you succeed in the work market after graduation.
Pros
A great variety of volunteer internships.
Cons
Located in a small town.
Mediocre
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSApril 4, 2016
Mediocre at best I would certainly not recommend taking the position I occupied if this is any indication of how things are run here.
Fun workplace with flexible scheduling
Solutions Room Technician (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KSMarch 23, 2016
Many of my tasks had weekly deadlines and if work was finished before that deadline the rest of the work week would be spent getting a head start on next weeks work or other items. It could be hectic at times but was mostly a relaxed environment.
Productive and Fun workplace
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KSMarch 11, 2016
The job was great. We were busy, helpful with students and the bonus was free food.

Typical day involved talking with student, research, filing, phone calls, data entry, recruting, aiding in assignements for professors, and compiling information using Access.
Pros
Free coffee, free food
Peer Advisor at Financial aid office
Peer Advisor (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSMarch 7, 2016
The culture wasn't an Ideal situation for advancing any skills. It could be hard to get across to upper management what needed fixed or improved.All very nice people I worked with. Some people have been in their position for a long time and were very knowledgeable.
Great work environment, pay leaves more to be desired
Undergraduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSMarch 6, 2016
Overall a good experience, as far as teaching intro level labs, and tutoring students, go, the student body is typically very willing to learn.
Supportive coworkers, plenty of interesting research projects
Research Assistant Professor (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KSFebruary 23, 2016
A day involves making sure all instruments are up and running.
New users are trained regularly and often users need help with a new experiment set up.
The most enjoyable to is watch students learn and have fun with the data they acquire.
Pleasant atmosphere and great people to work with!
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KSFebruary 16, 2016
I've worked here for 12 years or so and love the people that I work with. I think that the hardest part of the job is working with people with so many different personalities and work styles. It's definitely a personal learning moment to figure out how to work with everyone.
Benefits
Awesome
Certified Pilates Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KSFebruary 13, 2016
They give you the work they promise. They have great staff. I am part time so I don't get benefits. The hardest part is making sure I bring a good class.
Fun productive atmosphere
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSJanuary 4, 2016
Easy going fast pace at special times of the year such as open house, career fairs, and finals. I really enjoyed working hear as a student.
Pros
Flexible for student workers

4.5