Kansas State University

Kansas State University Employer Reviews

I worked for Ratio Christi, not K-State
Ratio Christi Chapter Director (Former Employee), K-StateNovember 10, 2014
Pros: great atmosphere on campus with the students, loved being in charge of the events and chapter meetings.
Cons: poor leadership from the outside and pay was horrible.
The company possessed very poor management abilities and it was beyond being able to deal with effectively, so I left the company. It was also a support raised position so I didn't make barely any money at all.
Providing services to all students and faculties
Tutor - Accounting Department (Former Employee), Manhattan, KSNovember 8, 2014
I handled all cash transactions and recorded all cash receipts for school dining room.
As the secretary to the department head of Landscape Architecture and the working secretary for the professors, I learned to budget my time.
Department Head Secretary (Former Employee), Manhattan, KSNovember 3, 2014
As the secretary for the department head of Landscape Architecture and the staff of professors, I learned to work with many different working styles and how to work with them to accomplish what they needed to have done.
Nice working enviroment
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Manhattan, KSSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: people are easy to work with in the group
Cons: not many groups there to work in similar research fields.
I enjoyed working in the JRM lab at Kasas State University. The people in our group are very friendly and easy to work with, The only disadvantage I can think of is that not many groups are doing similar research work as our group.
Stimulating research environment
Lab Technician (Former Employee), Manhattan, KSSeptember 1, 2014
Working in a laboratory at a university has many advantages, including resources, experience, and access to knowledgeable faculty and staff. Kansas State University is no different.
Fun job, loved working with the soldiers.
Part-time nurse (Former Employee), Manhattan, KansasJuly 12, 2014
.  Worked on a project entitled, "Evaluation of Personal Cooling Systems for Soldiers," sponsored by the U.S. Army. Instrumented and dressed human subjects for 2-hour exercise trials in a hot environmental chamber. Monitored subjects during the session and dealt with heat stress incidents. Measured the metabolic rate and oxygen consumption of subjects – more... using a MET cart. After the session, assisted subjects with the removal of their sensors and clothing. Cleaned lab for the next session.  – less
Great place to attend college
Ambassador (Former Employee), Manhattan, KSJuly 12, 2014
Enjoyed the diversity of the students on campus and have a chance to meet new people from all walks of life.
A fun workplace with great co-workers
Summer Staff Coordinator (Current Employee), Manhattan, KSJune 30, 2014
Pros: free room, board, & laundry
Honestly this is one of the best jobs I have had to date. Amazing boss and co-workers, flexible hours, great benefits. The hardest part of my job would be the language barrier with international students.
A good productive place. It offer educational incentive
Custodial Senior Supervisor (Former Employee), Manhattan, KSJune 26, 2014
Pros: discounted lunch
Cons: n/a
It is a neat environment. It is productive and maintain a good employee retention.
Great sceince is done here.
Graduate Reserach Assistant (Current Employee), Manhattan, KS 66506June 23, 2014
Pros: make your own hours
Cons: it's in kansas
KSU offers many opportunities for networking and offers many resources. There are many chances for professional development.
Job Stability
Accountant III (Current Employee), Manhattan, KSJune 9, 2014
Job Stability. Upward movement impossible. Pay is not good and no raises
Fun environment
Student Supervisor (Former Employee), Manhattan KSMay 28, 2014
Good pay while going to school, Get free food when working, Growth Opportunities
Very Productive and Fast
Student Supervisor - Derby Dining Hall (Former Employee), Manhattan, KSMay 25, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short staff, no set schedule
Served over 1,100 students twice a day, very fast paced, and communication was key between cooks and supervisors. Management was very understanding, and was willing to help out whenever help was needed. Hardest part was when there was short staff and the supervisor had to do 4 different jobs at once, but it made the shift go by faster. Most enjoyable – more... part was meeting people, some of the supervisors I met were the best in the world. – less
Great
Assisting teacher (Former Employee), Mentor, KSMay 21, 2014
Great experience learned fundamentals and work ethic. a lot of hours but I was fun and worth it.
Great work environment but low advancement potential
Research Associate (Current Employee), Manhattan, KSMay 20, 2014
Pros: collaboration with multiple disciplines
Cons: poor compensation
As an employee with only a Master's degree, it is difficult to advance as a researcher. The job is very challenging and I work with researchers in all different disciplines which is very enjoyable. Great colleagues and opportunities to travel internationally.
Research and Scholarly work
Research Associate (Current Employee), Manhattan, KSMay 15, 2014
Nice and supportive environment. Land Grant University system with focuss on education. It is a nice place to work .
Great job for a student
Student Crew Lead (Current Employee), manhattan, ksApril 29, 2014
perfect job for a student at KSU who likes working outdoors year round. supervisors are very understanding of class schedules.
Nice place to work, nice co-workers, very good equipment, lost of opportunities
Research Associate (Current Employee), Manhattan, KSApril 22, 2014
In the lab, there are lots of challenges and opportunities. Many things need to be development. Good place to do research. Sometimes can be stressful.
great
ENGLISH LANGUAGE PROGRAM LAB MONITOR (Former Employee), Kansas State UniversityApril 22, 2014
I was a lab monitor at ELP (English language program) computer lab. Resolved students’ computer problems, performed routine maintenance on computers, and responsible for opening and closing the computer lab.
It is fun to work as a graduate research assistant at Kansas State University. I developed my ability as an independent researcher
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Manhattan, KSMarch 28, 2014
Flexible time for working
Great support from university
Great Research environment
Friendly Co workers

1 2 3 4

About Kansas State University

Founded in 1863, K-State was one of America's first land-grant colleges. K-State ranks first nationally among state universities – Read more