Kansas State University Employee Reviews

Every department is different
Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KSJune 6, 2017
Depends on the department if you have a good experience or not. Some departments are very laid back while others are more demanding of overtime. Lack of raises the last few years has been a negative. Benefits are still pretty good but going down every year.
Pros
Flexible hours in my position
Cons
Work load is getting quite heavy per person
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSJune 6, 2017
Kansas State University is a great place to be a part of. The people are exceptional and the atmosphere and fun, relaxed, and productive. It is a great place to be.
Summer job
Student Maintenance Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSMay 31, 2017
Staff is friendly and lenient on other work schedules. This is exactly what it should be considered as, a summer job. Decent place for students to work full-time during the summers.
Productive and knowledgeable
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KSMay 26, 2017
All though it is difficult juggling school, work, and involvements; Kansas State understood that my school was first and provided me with flexible hours. The hardest part of the job was incorporating my research in my already busy day. The most enjoyable part was a distraction from other things while gaining new knowledge.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
A lot of busy work
Graduate Teaching Position
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSMay 24, 2017
I was a GTA through grad school. The position paid for my degree and did not interfere with my studies. Would definitely recommend looking at this type of position for graduate studies. The job taught me many skills outside of the classroom.
Bad
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSMay 8, 2017
Management was super unorganized and the opportunity was very slim employees in the undergrad student role are not appreciated nor do they pay enough for what you do.
Decent job with low pay
CUSTODIAN (Current Employee) –  manhattan, ksMay 3, 2017
Working at KSU is okay, the environment could be better, lots of poor middle managers causing stress. Working here is mainly for the benefits and not the pay.
Pros
benefits are good
Cons
pay is very low
Good experience to gain for research
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KSApril 25, 2017
This job helps increase your communication skills. When showcasing your research, you would have to learn a way to communicate technical terms to people that do not have any technical backgrounds, so helps in being able to communicate better.
Great Co-workers
STUDENT SERVICES COORDINATOR/ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSApril 24, 2017
Working at KSU was a great experience, however I was very underpaid. They required a master's degree for my position, but the pay was sub-par. My co-workers were amazing individuals and I was able to forge excellent comradery with them. The downside of working here was the office politics, which did improve over time.
Great opportunity to acquire new and useful skills in a productive and friendly environment.
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSApril 13, 2017
Being an RA really is a full time job that requires a high level of dedication and attention to detail. The most enjoyable part of the job is the many incredible relationships you have the opportunity to form with residents, fellow RAs, and even members of the supervising staff. The hardest part of the job is being able to balance work with personal time and making sure to allow yourself time to decompress between work.
Very good place to work
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KSApril 7, 2017
Good place to work, fair pay, but limited upward advancement for Unclassified employee. Great benefits, flexible hours, and very transparent working environment
Fun place to work. Quality experience
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSMarch 30, 2017
Working in laboratory research at the veterinary college in the anatomy and physiology department provided me valuable experience and opportunities which led to me pursuing a masters in biomedical science. Great opportunities for people who are attending Kansas State and might be interested in medical research.
Awesome place to begin a career
Greenhouse renovation committee member (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSMarch 27, 2017
My time there was so enriching and I learned so much about plants, organizations, and people. Everyone can get a chance to move up if you try hard and put your mind to it.
Nice workplace and advisor
Graduate Teaching Assistant (GTA) (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KSMarch 24, 2017
I am pretty happy to work with my professors. The Mechanical and Nuclear engineering department offers me a nice workplace. Also, the students are very nice to me. I am happy to help them.
Flexible Work Environment
Student Employee (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KS 66502March 24, 2017
A typical day at work is dealing with customers who have citations and who are ordering permits. I have learned how to manage money and have made a lot of friends. My supervisor is great, and my co-workers make work fun. The hardest part is working with upset customers, but it is a part of the job. They work around my student schedule first, then apply the work aspect.
Flexible hours with understanding managment
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KSMarch 22, 2017
The nice thing about working with faculty researchers is that, for the most part, they are understanding and will accommodate many different schedules, allowing for students to come and go as they need. As long as the work is completed, and it is completed well, work hours are flexible.
Pros
Easy Scheduling
Cons
Communication barriers
good place to work
Postdoctoral Fellow (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KsMarch 6, 2017
although I'm not new to Kansas State University; I have been here for about more than five years as Ph.D. student. This position is new to me and an area is away from my major, however, I feel very comfortable, enjoying and excited to engage in such research topic. My advisor is very humble and helps me a lot.
Pros
Very safe place, good health insurance.
Cons
N/a
Great place to meet awesome people
Tutor - Math, Physics, & Chemistry (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KSMarch 6, 2017
Very rewarding job to help and watch students grow and learn through their class material. Would suggest to anyone who excels highly in certain areas.
Productive and fun
Chef (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSMarch 2, 2017
Great place to work! You get the chance to meet a lot of new people and they cooks that have been there a while really teach you a lot of new things on the cooking aspect.
Great place to work. Co-workers are very friendly.
Payroll Accountant (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KSFebruary 18, 2017
I like the work I do at KSU. The work is fun and fast paced. Great co-workers. There really isn't enough staff, but the days go by quickly as you are so busy.
Pros
Fun work.
Cons
Not enough staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kansas State University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4