Kansas State University Employee Reviews in United States

Mediocre
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSApril 4, 2016
Mediocre at best I would certainly not recommend taking the position I occupied if this is any indication of how things are run here.
Fun productive atmosphere
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSJanuary 4, 2016
Easy going fast pace at special times of the year such as open house, career fairs, and finals. I really enjoyed working hear as a student.
Pros
Flexible for student workers
Awesome
Certified Pilates Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KSFebruary 13, 2016
They give you the work they promise. They have great staff. I am part time so I don't get benefits. The hardest part is making sure I bring a good class.
Good University to work for with great culture
IMSE Research Technician (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSSeptember 3, 2015
This was a good place to work with challenging projects and tasks. It was a positive work environment with great energy. There is a great network of people with fantastic experience. It was enjoyable to work with such talented individuals. I learned a lot and shared a lot as well. It was difficult to manage with a tight budget.
Pros
Slow during summer months and holidays, Positive atmosphere.
Cons
Compensation, parking.
Overall good working atmosphere.
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KSDecember 13, 2015
Working atmosphere is great.I learned how to work in organized and timely way. Management was good.I found hardworking and dedicated friends.
USDA and Kansas State University
Biochemical Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  USDA 1515 College Ave, Manhattan, KSOctober 14, 2015
This was a great entre level place to work and develop skills.
I found everyone very helpful and a joy to work with.
I frankly wish I had stayed longer at the USDA.
Pros
Location to family
Cons
Noisey students.
Undergraduate Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSNovember 10, 2015
This was a good place to work. the only low ratings were because it was a student position. I haven't worked there full time so I cannot comment on it.
Work Life Balance
University Employee (Current Employee) –  Kansas State UniversityNovember 3, 2015
K-State offers work life balance with 8-5 schedule. Benefits are great but they don't make up for the low compensation and lack of pay increases.
Pros
Work Life Balance
Cons
Pay
Its a good university, not the top, but good
Postdoctoral Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KSJune 5, 2015
I learnt a lot of things. Co-workers were great, but compensation was really bad. I think if it is a great place for undergraduate education. Even graduate school is decent. But due to lack of funds, postdoctoral research sucks. Most of the projects are not funded. Not recommended for pursuing postdoctoral research.
Pros
You can learn a lot
Cons
Low salaries for postdocs
Family-friendly workplace
Project Coordinator and Affiliate Faculty (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KSAugust 27, 2015
The best part of my job was having such a family-friendly supervisor. However, leadership at the department-level was lacking and there was limited opportunity for advancement.
Overall Wonderful
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSJuly 8, 2015
Working in the soybean breeding program and for Kansas State University has been a wonderful experience. While certain times of the year are busier than others there is always something going on and something to learn.
Pros
Wonderful envrionment
Cons
Low compensation for graduate students
Great caring group of people to work with
Public Speaking GTA (Current Employee) –  Manhattan KSSeptember 18, 2015
As a Public Speaking GTA you a very well taken care of. The tuition compensation alone makes the job position perfect for a graduate student.
A good place to study and people here are lovely
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSApril 29, 2015
My job here is as a graduate research assistant. I worked on monitoring and managing surface water quality in impaired Kansas watersheds, with emphasis on cyanobacteria blooms and the corresponding management strategies.I have learned the key concepts, principles and practices in environmental engineering, and become acquainted with issues like erosion and sediment control, and storm water and waste water management design.
I like Kansas State University, it has the most lovely people and the happiest students. I enjoy my study and work here and also working with the people here.
Nice Play
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manhattan KansasSeptember 2, 2015
People at this school are genuinely nice. The buildings and scenery are very pretty. The only downside is that there is a lot of construction all the time.
Great place!
Graduate Research Assistant, (Former Employee) –  Department of EntomologyJune 2, 2015
My experience and memories about working in the university are superb. The atmosphere is great mainly due to a great number of international people. The university cares equally about the quality of life of workers and students. The benefits offered were also good. This is a great place to work.
Good university, bad state
Instructor (GTA) (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KSApril 8, 2015
I had the opportunity to study and work at K-State, all good experiences except for the fact that research assistants do not have tuition waiver and salaries were not enough to cover then. My area of knowledge also does not have as much funding available, so job security was a problem. In addition, recently the economic crises in the state resulted in cut of funding for education...
This is a wonderful place to work and study.
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KSApril 27, 2015
The work culture here is amazing. Cannot ask for a better place to study and with assistant ship, you cannot ask more. While teaching to the students, i got to increase depth in my subject as well.
Pros
Timing flexibility
Cons
nothing
A general university lab job
Lab Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSJune 24, 2015
General University lab job that follow the guidance of the professor. Your job content varies a lot that follow the research thesis of the graduate student.
I worked for Ratio Christi, not K-State
Ratio Christi Chapter Director (Former Employee) –  K-StateNovember 10, 2014
The company possessed very poor management abilities and it was beyond being able to deal with effectively, so I left the company. It was also a support raised position so I didn't make barely any money at all.
Pros
great atmosphere on campus with the students, loved being in charge of the events and chapter meetings.
Cons
poor leadership from the outside and pay was horrible.
Educational institution
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSJanuary 21, 2015
Good for a starting step to pursue your future career goals.
It's an educational Institution for higher learning and help you to expand and grow as a person.
It's great because you get to work with students and faculty and are able to focus on a wide area of interest within your job.

4.5