Kansas State University

Kansas State University Employer Reviews

Place where you can gain knowledge with lots of fun
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Manhattan, KSJanuary 8, 2013
Gained extensive knowledge and hands on experience in extrusion processing, sensory analysis, food chemistry and milling. It was fun working with people at various levels of experience and from different cultures. Apart from sharing knowledge, this helped me to improve my communication as well as people skills. The most challenging part was to balance – more... the work life schedule with job, research and classes to actively participate in various clubs and community services. And this was the fun part too participating in various departmental and club activities with all my friends. – less
Very helpful, self-developing job.
Technology Assistant (Former Employee), Manhattan, KSDecember 26, 2012
Pros: flexible schedule
Flexible work hours with school schedules.

Helped develop personal and professional skills needed for pursuing life goals.

Management was very well organized, structured, and professional.
Productive place with knowledgeable faculty members and great students
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Manhattan, KSDecember 2, 2012
I loved my research at k-state. I learned many things and it was a unique experience in my whole life.
Fantastic establishment.
Food Stylist (Former Employee), Manhattan, KSNovember 30, 2012
Pros: friendly people everywhere.
Cons: couldn't move up.
- Great pay and benefits.
- Fun work place.
- Great people.
- Superb culture.
A very productive Phasility
Catering Coordinator (Former Employee), Manhattan, KSOctober 3, 2012
Pros: free meals
Cons: n/a
All the Supervisors were amazing with there crew teams. And everyday was a new party or event for us..
Learned while teaching
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Manhattan, KSSeptember 28, 2012
Pros: learnt a lot
It was a good learning experience which taught me to gain confidence in myself . Designing a course on my own had its own challenges. The good thing about a teaching job is instant feedback. I have always liked interacting with people as a result teaching was a fun experience. Teaching also helped me improve the impact factor of my Powerpoint slides. – more... GTA experience does imply a lot of juggling between my own course load and lecture preparation for classes I had to teach. I had 130 students and more in the sections I taught and since that meant a lot of grading that I had to do, time management is a skill that came in handy. – less
Great place to work and friendly people
Storekeeper Specialist - Office Support (Former Employee), Manhattan. KSSeptember 25, 2012
Pros: great people to work with and great benefits.
Cons: this was a temporary position. loved it though!
Pull books for processing and help several different departments at once.
Helpful to my education
Executive Mentor Program Participant (Current Employee), Manhattan, KSAugust 30, 2012
Being a part of the Executive Mentor Program has really advanced my education by taking it to the real world and outside of the classroom.
Fun environment to work in
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Manhattan, KSAugust 24, 2012
This was a great opportunity to work at my own pace and at my own discretion.
BEST JOB I HAVE EVER HAD!!!
Office Coordinator (Former Employee), Manhattan, KSAugust 8, 2012
Pros: great atmosphere, flexible schedule
Being an office coordinator for any department is fun, easy and enjoyable. If you are currently a student at Kansas State and need a part-time job for about 20-25 hours a week ... ask for this position in ANY department. They are needed every semester and they will be flexible around you school schedule.
Great student job and schedule
Student employee Financial Aid Office (Former Employee), Manhattan, KSJuly 18, 2012
Pros: convenient; fun co-workers
Cons: had to leave when i graduated; as a work study position, i had no benefits.
Every minute I wasn't in class, I was working in the Financial Aid Office. I was on campus Monday through Friday from 8:00am to 5:00pm as a full time student and full time employee. I loved working on campus. It was definitely convenient and they worked with my class schedule.
Extraordinary Facilities with quality work
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Manhattan, KSJune 18, 2012
Very good place to work. I really enjoyed my work at Kansas State university. I was a research assistant at K- State, the facilities in the university and the kind of the support they extend for research is quite significant.
Worked Part-Time in Recycling and Biochemistry-Nice People In Both
Biochemistry Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Manhattan, KSJune 5, 2012
My only complaint working as a student for K-State is that their salaries were low compared to what I made working for my community college. Otherwise, the work environment and staff were all very nice.
Coach and recruiting of quality athletes
Assistant Men's Basketball Coach (Former Employee), Manhattan, KSMay 21, 2012
Pros: salary, travel.
Cons: on call 24/7
All day everyday. You are still on duty when you leave the office. The level of basketball knowledge may no rise just because you are a college basketball coach. Everything area is managed very business like. No stones left unturned. Beibg on call 24 hours a day. Traveling around to play in many different arenas.
Outstanding University
Full-Time Distance Education Student (Current Employee), Distance EducationMay 20, 2012
The Professors and Instructors I have had the honor working with as a student of theirs has been unquestionably some of the best experiences I have had. I have learned more about myself, and our world as a collective whole in the recent past.

Education gives us our strength to find who we are, stand proud, and become active in all facets in life.
Great place to gain experience
Graduate Assistant Counselor (Current Employee), Manhattan, KSFebruary 26, 2012
Pros: people
Cons: short breaks
My time with the KSU Athletic Department has been great. They have allowed me to learn a lot of skills, development some of my own programs to implement and have worked around my course work needs while I have worked on my Masters degree. I am proud to have been a part of KSU Athletics as a Graduate Assistant Counselor.
Great Place
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Manhattan, KSDecember 13, 2011
KSU is a happening place with diversified activities which portrays different cultures and traditions. A great place someone interested in working with people of different cultures.

About Kansas State University

Founded in 1863, K-State was one of America's first land-grant colleges. K-State ranks first nationally among state universities – Read more