Kantar Media

Kantar Media Employer Reviews

Company has been sold
Operations Manager (Current Employee), Northwood, OHDecember 11, 2014
Hours were nice, very flexible. Senior management was in way over their heads. Great local co-workers and immediate manager was great.
Working at Kantar
Advertising Coder (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VANovember 22, 2014
Pros: breaks, lunch, getting work accomplished, positive communication
Cons: dealing with stress from others while getting work done
Coding magazine ads in the media database and organize files.
Learned the process of coding and scanning magazines
Management and co-workers work together in a positive way
Trying to keep up numbers and deal with stressful people
Getting work done with a small group of positive, helpful people
Productive and Fun Workplace
Intern (Current Employee), New York, NYNovember 9, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: low pay
Learned how to use their products. Big office and coworkers are very nice. Nice environment.
Flexible schedule
Any Ordinary Day
Production II Attributor (Current Employee), Chesapeake, VAOctober 18, 2014
Pros: incentives
A typical day at Kantar Media starts at 8 am. I sit at my desk clock in and the headphones go on. Working at kantar can make you despise television ads because we look at them 8 to 10 hours a day, but on the other hand sometimes you see commercials before they hit your state which is pretty neat. I work on a team of 8, my co-workers and I work great together. We all have an attitude that states "If you look good I look good." which simply means we conduct ourselves as one, we help each other to make our mandatory production goals and maintain a mandatory quality score. Our supervisor is awesome, he makes us all comfortable and he encourages us daily, when there is any kind of issue that needs his attention he gets right on it solving it in an effective and timely manner. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that I am not just a number or another worker sitting at a desk, I have a purpose and knowing that the work I complete everyday does not go unnoticed.
Kantar
Media Analyst (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VAOctober 10, 2014
I would have liked to stay longer but no advancement opportunity.
Productive and fun environment
Advertisement (Current Employee), Chesapeake, VAJune 6, 2014
Pros: work raffles every pay day. lunches christmas parties
Cons: short breaks, not enough pay, really no bonus pay for advancement
They typical work day is not what anyone is used to. It's a sit down position where you process ads daily. The hardest part of the job is sitting all day when I want to be active. I'm a more of a hands on person and not really wanting to spend my entire day on the computer.
Great laid back atmosphere
Analyst Ad Coder (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VAMay 7, 2014
Pros: flex schedule
Cons: low pay
A great atmosphere with great people. The hardest part of the job was the changes in goals and policy.
good
Rates Specialist September (Former Employee), West Chester, PAMarch 20, 2014
good work environment, good management, typical 9-5 job,
no hard parts of my day
Temp Job
Data Entry I (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VAFebruary 25, 2014
Temporary Job. Look at advertisements and enter data into the system
Workplace
Senior Account Service Representative (Current Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 20, 2013
Always busy, never a slow day. Always something to do. Great coworkers.
Challenging
Bilingual Customer Service (Former Employee), West Chester, PAOctober 16, 2013
Pros: benefits
watching tv commercials and classifying as guidelines plus speeding as trying to be task approximately 98 adds per hour was a challenge; very interesting, a new learning experience and focusing on minimum details; on every product advertised on the market. Great Co-workers
The hardest cars & sports commercials knowledge to accomplish production.
Casual Atmosphere, For Nonprofessionals
Attributer (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VAApril 16, 2013
Pros: casual atmosphere, some very nice coworkers, company activities include baseball/holiday parties
Cons: low quality expectations, no flexibility for illness/health conditions, some rather unprofessional management staff
Solely data entry work. Management is very quantity driven. My impression is that there is a high number of non-degreed people with poor English skills working at a place that claims to require good command of the English language. Management rewards for quantity of work put-out, but not for quality. Quality is determined by Quality Assurance staff, who only see about 10% of one's work and some of whom also fit into the non-degreed with poor English skills group. There are no opportunities for part-time work, those who work from home are a preferred few who have been there a while and know "the game". This is not the place for you if you have a health condition. They issue points for being absent, called in a day ahead of time or not, even if there is opportunity for making up those hours later in the week.
Production and Quality based workplace balanced with an exciting fun club.
Fulltime Employee (Current Employee), Chesapeake, VAMarch 26, 2013
Pros: the people.
Cons: when work is low.
A typical day at work would be to sign in, set up my time tracker, check my email, take care of pending rejections, creative issues, get into the system and begin to QA my team's work. If the work is too high then I will get into attribution and my Supervisor will QA my work.

I have learned how to manage my time better, keep everything organized, how to meet people where they are in order to bring about work improvement, how respect all authority, how to keep my personal life from distracting my work, etc.

Management- I am in the lowest level of management because I oversee the overall quality of each of my team members and see about ways of improvements in their work, constantly. I make sure they are encouraged and not discouraged so that they will perform their best. I also manage the ads in the system. Each week we have a Closeout, meaning our clients want their ads by noon every Wednesday. With Closeout, many ads are out of place and I get them to where they are supposed to be, which takes time as well as contacting different people throughout higher level management who have a different access than me to help push ads through. Overall, all the ads needed for Closeout must come through me, be checked by me and sent by me each week.

The hardest part of the job would be watching commercials all day.

The most enjoyable part of the job would be encouraging others to do their best.
Not the Worst Place to Work
Attribution (Former Employee), Chesapeake, vaMarch 12, 2013
Pros: fun, laid back people/flexible schedule
Cons: low wages
This company does not pay well because the jobs do not really warrant high salaries as they are basic data entry. The majority of the jobs are entry level, 85%. The only way to advance is to be literate and willing to go above and beyond for little pay. The local culture encourages fun. People get fired for poor attendance and poor numbers (production) after a lengthy process that allows many chances to become better.

Flexible start time 6:30 a.m. - 9:30 a.m. even flexible work days if company can support it. Diverse culture.

The company is constantly changing to media's needs and some people can't adapt to change.
Great work team, poor HR
Administrative Associate (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VAOctober 25, 2012
Pros: enjoyable team aptmosphere
Cons: unstable future progression
Really enjoyed the team that I worked with. Was consitantly complimented for work performance, but let go without notice because of a turn over in the HR department.
Okay for a first full time Job
Data Entry (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VAOctober 25, 2012
the overall experience was good but i noticed my department went lacking
Great Launch Pad
Creative Media Specialist (Current Employee), Chesapeake, VaAugust 20, 2012
Great job when you are still in college or just out of school.
Very interesting place to work
Internet Analysis (Current Employee), Chesapeake, VAMay 10, 2012
A typical day at work for me consist of a continuous flow of images in a queue that have to be placed into specific categories depending on the information on the image. I have learned to have a better eye for detail. The management is well placed and usually stay on top of issues of their teams. My co-workers are decent people that I enjoy being around daily. The hardest part of my job would be the uncertainty of some of the images, which require help from senior workers. The most enjoyable part of my job is learning about something new through the different images that come into the queues.
Friendly fast pace environment
Media Research Analyst (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VAApril 27, 2012
Pros: learned to focus more on the job.
Cons: in a cubicle for 8 hours.
A typical day involved labeling 800+ advertisements, in a fast pace working environment. Management as well as employees were very supportive and gave valuable learning tools that can be carried throughout life. The most enjoyable part about the job was the experience gained and the different people i met on the job.