Kantar Media Employee Reviews

Serious but fun place to work
Production II, Brand Creator (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAMarch 7, 2016
A typical day at work is a lot of internet research and lots of precise data entry.

At Kantar, I've learned how to manage my time and achieve my goals with this company.

The management is great at this company. They are personable and very supportive and encouraging.

My co-workers are an amazing group of hard working and persistent people. I think we work well as a team because we are all able to give and take constructive criticism.

The hardest part of the job is constantly having to check the guidelines to make sure you are doing every thing correctly. But the company guidelines could change every day so it's good to always check your work and to be accurate in what you do.

I think the best part of the job is knowing that the management at the Chesapeake, VA location is there to give you everything you need to get the job done and to help you meet your goals.
Pros
Excellent Management team in Chesapeake, VA
Cons
Job is being outsourced
good company to work for
Image Importer, Mobile Collection (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAApril 10, 2016
Kantar has a unique culture. New employees either love or hate the environment. The work itself is tedious, but there is a strong culture of cooperation, and attempts at breaking up the boring day. Flex time gives a good work life balance. The pay is low, but the job is not difficult. Management treats you like an adult.. you have the freedom to do what needs to be done, but if you don't follow through with the job, you are out the door instantly.
Pros
flex time
Cons
low pay
Good place while it lasted.
Attributor (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJuly 27, 2016
Was an amazing experience until corporate decided to send our jobs to India. Quality of work went downhill when transitioning all work to India. Overall, was a great place to work. But if you are looking for a secure job, this place is totally not your place.
Flexible Schedules, Growing Opportunities and Good Benefits
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAJuly 4, 2016
Enjoyed the versatility of my day and the opportunities it provided for advancement and learning new skills. The service and products we provided are unlike anything out there today.
Good and fun workplace with all kinds of activities for employees (i.e. softball games, raffles, themed picnics).
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJune 25, 2016
You're not micro-managed which is good because you were able to work without any problems and have good productive day.
Excellent company!
Image Importer (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAFebruary 13, 2016
The training is very thorough and management is easy to talk to! Your coworkers become like a second family. The work environment is fun and relaxed yet professional!
fun place to work
INTERNATIONAL BILINGUAL EDITOR, PRODUCTION II (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAApril 1, 2016
A typical day at work is to edit a lot of TV programming. I've learned how to manage my time. My co-workers are an amazing team. The hard part of the job is the amount of TV editing after a holiday or technical difficulties that delay us to get the TV programming to edit on time.
Pros
great atmosphere to work
Cons
not grow opportunities
Not the Worst Place to Work
Attribution (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, vaMarch 12, 2013
This company does not pay well because the jobs do not really warrant high salaries as they are basic data entry. The majority of the jobs are entry level, 85%. The only way to advance is to be literate and willing to go above and beyond for little pay. The local culture encourages fun. People get fired for poor attendance and poor numbers (production) after a lengthy process that allows many chances to become better.

Flexible start time 6:30 a.m. - 9:30 a.m. even flexible work days if company can support it. Diverse culture.

The company is constantly changing to media's needs and some people can't adapt to change.
Pros
fun, laid back people/flexible schedule
Cons
low wages
Very interesting place to work
Internet Analysis (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAMay 10, 2012
A typical day at work for me consist of a continuous flow of images in a queue that have to be placed into specific categories depending on the information on the image. I have learned to have a better eye for detail. The management is well placed and usually stay on top of issues of their teams. My co-workers are decent people that I enjoy being around daily. The hardest part of my job would be the uncertainty of some of the images, which require help from senior workers. The most enjoyable part of my job is learning about something new through the different images that come into the queues.
Casual Atmosphere, For Nonprofessionals
Attributer (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAApril 16, 2013
Solely data entry work. Management is very quantity driven. My impression is that there is a high number of non-degreed people with poor English skills working at a place that claims to require good command of the English language. Management rewards for quantity of work put-out, but not for quality. Quality is determined by Quality Assurance staff, who only see about 10% of one's work and some of whom also fit into the non-degreed with poor English skills group. There are no opportunities for part-time work, those who work from home are a preferred few who have been there a while and know "the game". This is not the place for you if you have a health condition. They issue points for being absent, called in a day ahead of time or not, even if there is opportunity for making up those hours later in the week.
Pros
casual atmosphere, some very nice coworkers, company activities include baseball/holiday parties
Cons
low quality expectations, no flexibility for illness/health conditions, some rather unprofessional management staff
Working at Kantar
Advertising Coder (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VANovember 22, 2014
Coding magazine ads in the media database and organize files.
Learned the process of coding and scanning magazines
Management and co-workers work together in a positive way
Trying to keep up numbers and deal with stressful people
Getting work done with a small group of positive, helpful people
Pros
breaks, lunch, getting work accomplished, positive communication
Cons
dealing with stress from others while getting work done
Friendly fast pace environment
Media Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAApril 27, 2012
A typical day involved labeling 800+ advertisements, in a fast pace working environment. Management as well as employees were very supportive and gave valuable learning tools that can be carried throughout life. The most enjoyable part about the job was the experience gained and the different people i met on the job.
Pros
learned to focus more on the job.
Cons
in a cubicle for 8 hours.
Productive and fun environment
Advertisement (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJune 6, 2014
They typical work day is not what anyone is used to. It's a sit down position where you process ads daily. The hardest part of the job is sitting all day when I want to be active. I'm a more of a hands on person and not really wanting to spend my entire day on the computer.
Pros
work raffles every pay day. lunches christmas parties
Cons
short breaks, not enough pay, really no bonus pay for advancement
Challenging
Bilingual Customer Service (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAOctober 16, 2013
watching tv commercials and classifying as guidelines plus speeding as trying to be task approximately 98 adds per hour was a challenge; very interesting, a new learning experience and focusing on minimum details; on every product advertised on the market. Great Co-workers
The hardest cars & sports commercials knowledge to accomplish production.
benefits
Any Ordinary Day
Production II Attributor (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAOctober 18, 2014
A typical day at Kantar Media starts at 8 am. I sit at my desk clock in and the headphones go on. Working at kantar can make you despise television ads because we look at them 8 to 10 hours a day, but on the other hand sometimes you see commercials before they hit your state which is pretty neat. I work on a team of 8, my co-workers and I work great together. We all have an attitude that states "If you look good I look good." which simply means we conduct ourselves as one, we help each other to make our mandatory production goals and maintain a mandatory quality score. Our supervisor is awesome, he makes us all comfortable and he encourages us daily, when there is any kind of issue that needs his attention he gets right on it solving it in an effective and timely manner. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that I am not just a number or another worker sitting at a desk, I have a purpose and knowing that the work I complete everyday does not go unnoticed.
Pros
incentives
Company has been sold
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Northwood, OHDecember 11, 2014
Hours were nice, very flexible. Senior management was in way over their heads. Great local co-workers and immediate manager was great.
Production and Quality based workplace balanced with an exciting fun club.
Fulltime Employee (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAMarch 26, 2013
A typical day at work would be to sign in, set up my time tracker, check my email, take care of pending rejections, creative issues, get into the system and begin to QA my team's work. If the work is too high then I will get into attribution and my Supervisor will QA my work.

I have learned how to manage my time better, keep everything organized, how to meet people where they are in order to bring about work improvement, how respect all authority, how to keep my personal life from distracting my work, etc.

Management- I am in the lowest level of management because I oversee the overall quality of each of my team members and see about ways of improvements in their work, constantly. I make sure they are encouraged and not discouraged so that they will perform their best. I also manage the ads in the system. Each week we have a Closeout, meaning our clients want their ads by noon every Wednesday. With Closeout, many ads are out of place and I get them to where they are supposed to be, which takes time as well as contacting different people throughout higher level management who have a different access than me to help push ads through. Overall, all the ads needed for Closeout must come through me, be checked by me and sent by me each week.

The hardest part of the job would be watching commercials all day.

The most enjoyable part of the job would be encouraging others to do their best.
Pros
the people.
Cons
when work is low.
Kantar
Media Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAOctober 10, 2014
I would have liked to stay longer but no advancement opportunity.
Data client services
Data client services (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILMarch 1, 2015
I was able to utilize my experience, also gain knowledge about sales, direct marketing and advertising. I enjoyed my employment experience with this company. I miss the clients and client relationships I forged.
Pros
great company to work for
Cons
no room for growth
good
Rates Specialist September (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAMarch 20, 2014
good work environment, good management, typical 9-5 job,