Kaplan Inc

Kaplan Inc Employer Reviews

The company is a fun place to work
SENIOR ANALYST (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GAAugust 14, 2014
Pros: friendly environment, great team players, great management style that simluates the team mentally
Cons: non-management level employees feel disconnected from upper level mamangement
My typical day consist of managing day-to-day lease obligations and communication with landlords, owners, and managing agents for both domestic and international properties.
A flexible, out-going work environment
Campus Representative (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 27, 2014
I really enjoy working here. The student interpersonal interaction is pretty great. Customer service, but too little hours for me right now.
Fantastic place to sharpen your people skills
Campus Representative (Current Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 9, 2013
Great benefits including an all free Kaplan instructional package. Meeting with so many students can be a little painful and can feel like a sales job when hunting for leads, but the great culture, amazing manager, and student life at ucf more than make up for it.
Good Company - Still Trying to Fix Itself
IT (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 5, 2013
Long hours of work with interesting people.
A corporation that is flexible with day to day activities
Business drives all technology changes.
A general lack of understanding of the overall technology road map.
Company Focus
Financial Aid (Former Employee), TNMarch 25, 2013
Pros: great coworkers
Cons: long hours & weekend
Kaplan is leading provider of educational and career service training for individuals, schools, & business and is comprised of several divisions.
Busy atmosphere
Financial Aid Officer (Current Employee), AlpharettaFebruary 23, 2013
I like the company mainly because of its focus on the clients (students) and its employees. I stay very busy with work as this is a number driven business. I have learned how to manage my time to make sure that all projects and reports and daily tasks are done on time. Overall a very educational experience in determining calculations and reviewing vital – more... information that will affect students funding. – less
The main problem is job security
Manager (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale - FLJanuary 21, 2013
Layoffs are very common.
Benefits are great.
The company has major issues right now
Lucky with my location...
English Instructor (Former Employee), Seattle, WAOctober 27, 2012
Pros: paid prep time, freedom of teaching, staff!
Cons: business politics, pay
I loved my co-workers and staff, but as a company, this place has a lot to go. Just this year, they finally responded to concerns about low wages and not providing any benefits, only after enough threats were made. It's a company that didn't realize that having teachers teach ALMOST full-time and avoid paying benefits was something that didn't sit well.

Well, – more... to their credit, now they're meeting the teachers half-way and providing a few perks, but only if you listen to how much it cost the company to offer incentive, under a few conditions.

These grumblings are about the company as a whole. As far as the Seattle location, the staff and teachers are awesome. If you are a trustworthy person, the manager will give you a lot of room for creativity, which is something ESL teachers need. The best part about this job was freedom to use as much or little of the provided curriculum as I wanted, provided I was responsible enough to meet the weekly course outcomes. The schedule is a 3 hour class, with a 90 minute elective based upon availability, 5 days a week. Paid prep time.

Basically, if you don't pay attention to corporate stuff, and come into work on time everyday, this job is great. – less
Good
Lead Techno Functional Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 27, 2012
I was consulting with them for a very short period so can't say much about the benefits there. But i remember putting long hours as they wanted a lot done in a smaller time frame.
Love working for them
Student Adviser/ Receptionist (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PASeptember 5, 2012
Pros: great for part time work
Cons: very few full-time opportunities
Very diverse environment. Great part time and full time benefits. Pleasure working with them.
Fast-paced, public education company with a flexible schedule
Director of Institutional & Custom Operations (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 13, 2012
Pros: flexible work schedule; very smart employees; lots of autonomy
Cons: company based in new york, so few opportunities for growth
A typical day at work in this role consisted of juggling 40+ projects dealing specifically for customized programs and classes offered by my company on law school campuses. I very much enjoyed the variety of all the people I came into contact on a daily basis in working these projects, including: academic staff, internal IT teams, law school administrators, – more... and external suppliers.

The hardest part of this role, and many project management role, is to run a project smoothly when no one reports to you directly. But I am very skilled at communicating clearly, setting achievable goals, engaging staff, getting buy in, and completing project on time (or early), on budget and within scope.

The most enjoyable part of this role, and all my roles at this company, was the people. People come first; everything else is second. – less
An incredible, flexible, and life changing workplace
Test Prep Instructor/ Tutor (Current Employee), Memphis, TNApril 3, 2012
Pros: flexibility of schedule and the end results
Cons: limited time with the students or classroom
Kaplan is an amazing job. I have learned so much, i.e. classroom management, curriculum design, and it has help improve my leadership skills and organization. The people of Kaplan are very helpful and understanding; they make sure you are ready and confident to work. The job for the most part is incredible, however, it leaves you wanting more, wishing – more... you could teach more students. – less
Great people and work environment.
Regional Desktop Engineer (Former Employee), New York City, NYMarch 28, 2012
Kaplan was a great work environment. However they pay below average compensation, and do not reward hard work and loyalty.
Overall a good place to work.
Curriculum and Test Prep Writer (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 6, 2012
The other professionals were very smart and fun and young. It was very corporate in so far as each person serves in his or her role and the parts are greater than the whole.

I had wonderful managers, and I did well there working part time(from home) as the mother of an infant. I know lots of people were fired shortly after I left there, however, including – more... my fantastic manager. – less
Daily Duties
Technical Support Engineer (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 10, 2012
- Resolve technical information and provide solutions via multiple mediums of communication to internal and external customers. Troubleshoot issues for PC, Mac, and laptops users and also assist with project rollout.
- Knowledge and experience in the use of Microsoft Active Directory, Symantec PCAnywhere, LANDesk Management, VNC, and Remote Desktop. – more... Also experience in the use of ticketing operating systems such as Magic& Infra to manage workflow.
- Support Kaplan’s proprietary products and new product rollouts assist in the daily support of all locations nationwide; and monitor Kaplan’s automated process and nightly backups.
- Assist users at their location with computers, printers, and scanner issues. As well as assisting with moves and installations.
- Re-image computers using either PXE boot or Ghost imaging. Examples of issues I have helped resolve range from power supply and hard drive replacements to virus clean up, back up and recover. – less

About Kaplan Inc

Kaplan K12 Learning Services (www.kaplank12.com), a unit of Kaplan Test Prep (www.kaptest.com), partners with schools to measurably – Read more