Kaplan

Kaplan Employer Reviews

Good old boys rule... must be related to someone to advance
Executive Director of Data Center Operations (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLDecember 18, 2014
Worked there 3 years and never felt like part of the team. No support from upper management.
A very productive work place
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee), Nashville, TNDecember 15, 2014
Working at Kaplan was an amazing experience. I was able to get experience in working on the phone and test my multi-tasking skills. Never felt like just a job always felt like a family from all the employees.
Nice Place
Instructional Designer (Current Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 14, 2014
Management is laidback. Coworkers are very helpful. Nice place to work. Best part of the job is being virtual. Worst part of the job is being virtual. There are strict deadlines. Thank you.
Stressful environment with high energy students
Instructor, Vocational Training (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VADecember 4, 2014
Pros: free reign on developing style of teaching.
Cons: being paid for 6 hours per day and frequently being required to work additional hours without pay.
Arrive at 8 a.m. and classes begin at 8:30 concluding at 12:30. Course work with a change of courses every 6 weeks. The most enjoyable part of this position were the students and the ability to touch lives and careers. The most difficult part of this position was the limits placed on growth and promotion within the company.
Military Financial Aid Officer (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLDecember 1, 2014
Pros: management, great job experience, challenging opportunites
Cons: no advancement available, prefers quantity over quality
A typical work day would include receiving a list of students to packaging, correct over awards/under awards,balance the account or credit balances. Most of the time your on a special project if your one of the top employees.Working at Kaplan was a great experience I learned a lot about Financial Aid and how Military benefits work. Management was okay, – more... as usual if you don't do your work and messing around then they will be on your back. Management understands that life happens and are willing to a certain extent work with you. there is no advancement opportunity, they prefer quantity over quality. I didn't find the job hard, there were challenging moments but nothing too hard to overcome. The most enjoyable part was helping students, and becoming a family with employees. – less
Challenging Environment with Hidden Rewards
Instructor/EHS Coordinator (Former Employee), Hammond, INDecember 1, 2014
Pros: help to change lives by giving them a career.
Cons: split shifts
My day was spent with adults looking to change their career path. I was their to educate, mentor, guide and excite them in to the field of massage therapy. I worked as part of a 4 person team and brought my knowledge and experience in guiding the students. Challenges were keeping the students engaged, some had barely finished high school, and excited – more... to finish the program. I was able to improve my public speaking skills and lesson facilitation. – less
It was ok to work there
Admissions Advisor (Former Employee), columbia, mdNovember 25, 2014
School went through so many lay offs due to low enrollments. Not a big dog in the educational industry any more
great place to work
Admission Advisor (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 25, 2014
Pros: healthcare, pay
Cons: ?
there is a lot of pressure but overall its a very rewarding place to work. You will be in a position to change peoples life through education
Hectic at times
Academic Advisor (Former Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 21, 2014
Pros: co workers, team environment
Cons: for profit, some students can be taken advatage of because the admissions team is all about numbers.
It's a call center environment. The calls can be continious but there are some times when there is a break between calls. Daily, the advisor has a cohort of students to register for class, ensure the studnets are in good academic standing, and track attendance.

The people that work at Kaplan are amazing. It is a great environment and supportive. Kaplan – more... also has social events that allow the employees to mingle and get to know one another.

The most difficult part of the job is dealing with upset students and/or students who don't understand the policies and procedures. – less
Typical Retail Position
Receptionist/Proctor (Former Employee), Vista, CANovember 21, 2014
I liked working here in the beginning until management would get out of hand asking top sales associates to stay overtime during slow hours. They were never fair and could care less about your health. Other than that, I feel it would of been a better place to work. Great products and prices. Loved the discounts and co workers.
Excellent teaching staff
Allied Health Instructor (Former Employee), Nashville, TNNovember 20, 2014
Work normal hours from about 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. with some overtime needed if salaried. Staff was always courteous and professional.

Faculty was always available to the students and continuously went above and beyond to help.
fun workplace
Senior Education Advisor/Team Lead (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 19, 2014
Pros: enjoyable work enviroment.
Cons: high turnover rate
A reputable University that is accredited and is fun to work for.
Good place to start your career
Admissions Advisor III (Current Employee), St. Louis, MONovember 18, 2014
Pros: great people to work with and a great place to work out of college
Cons: you will hit a ceiling and the only way to get promoted is to relocate
Great place to work for a while but you will hit a ceiking and the only way to advance is to relocate.
Motivating High School students to further their education and helping them along in the process.
High School Development and Recruitment specialist (Former Employee), Baltimore City, MDNovember 17, 2014
Pros: learned how to effectively manage my time.
Cons: salary
Through motivational speaking techniques along with training I had acquired as a teacher and business owner I was able to help students to realize their educational dreams as well as be the lead in the most successful recruitment team on the East coast for Kaplan Higher Education/TESST College. The best part of my job was watching and reaching the students – more... along with creating long lasting partnerships with professional educational staff. – less
Hope you like Cold Calling
Admissions Representative (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXNovember 14, 2014
Pros: competitive
Cons: cut throat and mostly unprofessional
Your typical day includes arriving at work, having a morning meeting regarding goals. Get on calls about 100 phone calls a day. Make appointments, hope and wait for appointments to show. If they don't get back on the phone and find out why. If a student doesn't sign up, be ready for your accountability meeting to indicate why you couldn't close the – more... deal. Stressful and exhausting, long hours, coming in on your days off. Coming in and making calls on the holidays or Sundays also. – less
Nice place
IT Contract & Licensing Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 14, 2014
Nice place. Nice place. Nice place. Nice place. Nice place. Nice place. Nice place. Nice place. Nice place. Nice place. Nice place. Nice place. Nice place. Nice place.
Very productive
Research Clerk (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXNovember 14, 2014
I only worked here for a short time however I learned a lot in that brief span.
I've enjoyed my time here.
Nursing Admissions Team Lead (Current Employee), San Diego, CANovember 8, 2014
I've enjoyed working for this company. Hours are flexible and I enjoy meeting with potential students that are interested in furthering their education with us.
Kaplan University
Admissions Advisor/ Team Lead/ Call Center Manager (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLNovember 7, 2014
This is one of the best companies I have ever worked for. They have a great work/balance system in place for their employees and they managers care about the employees.
Educating future healthcare professionals.
PUBLIC HEALTH FACULTY APPOINTMENTS (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 5, 2014
Conduct graduate-level courses in Cultural Diversity in Public Health, Current Health Issues for Health Educators and undergraduate-level courses in Health Disparity, Diseases of the Human Body, Academic Strategies for Healthcare Professionals, and Anatomy and Physiology.

Challenge thinking, foster debate and develop the ability of students to engage – more... in critical discourse and rational thinking. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Kaplan

Kaplan will put you to the test. The Washington Post subsidiary is perhaps best known for its test-preparation publications, which – Read more