Kaplan Employee Reviews

Found 1,115 reviews matching the search
Excellent Company Culture
College Prep Instructor (Former Employee) –  MarylandSeptember 23, 2017
Excellent staff of experts in their field, all working to make each other better and serve the students and families that use Kaplan products. Part-time work is well-paid, but not consistent.
Its not all bad but they can do better
Student Finance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 21, 2017
they people are great but the work load in financial aid was way too much t times a team of 10 people would handle 1800 financial aid calls from students i a very buzy week
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Management place to much stressful work on people
At least my manager was cool...
Registration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 19, 2017
Kaplan is a horrible place, but at least my manager was cool to work with. The job was stressful and sometimes very disheartening, but he made it fun and made me want to come in every day.
Good place to work.
Financial Aid Manager (and other positions) (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLSeptember 18, 2017
Kaplan was a good place to work. A typical day is activity -filled, but also allows time for fun. The various teams work together to support one another and provide the students with the best experience possible.
Pros
Semi-Flexible working hours (different starting times), on-site cafe, free parking, good benefits (healthcare), affordable education opportunities
Cons
No significant cons
Great Workplace
Financial Aid Officer (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 17, 2017
Financial Aid Officer I was working with 3 admissions reps helping
packaging students also in charge of work-study program, worked
every other weekend
Pros
Great training
Cons
no breaks
Career Services Advisor (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INSeptember 15, 2017
Great place to work! Employees really cared about the students and did everything they could to assist them with their dream. It was really a pleasant job once I got accumulated.
Employee (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLSeptember 14, 2017
Kaplan cares about its employees, as do the managers. After Irma, Kaplan and management really went the extra mile to help employees and their families in need (meal vouchers, supply donations...). Job involves a lot of variety and working with different departments. Very service-oriented and military-friendly. Advancement in some areas isn't great, but jobs come with great benefits, good PTO packages, and friendly coworkers.
Would not Recommend
Nurse Instructor for Vocational Nurses (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CASeptember 13, 2017
They are no longer an organization under Kaplan. Their name was changed to Brightwood. The experience with the students was greatly appreciated and I would never give that up. The Organiation should not be recommended to new students
Pros
The Students
Cons
Fast-paced environment! Great People!
Sales (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 12, 2017
If you are passionate about international education this is the place for you. Great people! Fun at the schools with all the international students. Good benefits.
Pros
Great people, good product
Cons
low pay
High paced
Kaplan SAT Instructor (Former Employee) –  Watsonville, CASeptember 12, 2017
Typical day requires you to prepare much in advance to ensure you know the material so you can properly teach it to students. It is a very rewarding experience.
Fun. Exciting
Business Developer (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILSeptember 11, 2017
Kaplan gives you a lot of freedom to accomplish your responsibilities. However, begging on a street corner for students' email addresses gets old. Yes, we're there to help them get to the next level, but most don't want your help and will seek you out when they do.
Lack of balance
Director of Clinical Education (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 10, 2017
At the time; Not enough hospitals for clinical placement. Not enough classrooms for students. Essentially not very well run for an educational venue. Overall not recommended.
Sorry to have left
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 7, 2017
I left Kaplan because I had to relocate to another state but I enjoyed working with the company. I learned a lot was forced to work individually with little to no supervision yet expected to execute with precision.
Atmosphere was not collegiate
Allied Health Medical Assistant Instructor (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 29, 2017
This school required massive reductions in force and subsequent closure due to funding/management issues. The company was sold to other investors after forced closure per Dept.of Education
Changing Culture
Assistant Director of Admissions (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 29, 2017
My experience at Kaplan has been two-fold. My direct coworkers and work environment was very positive. The overall company saw a lot of change in leadership and culture over the past year that led to a many decisions that I did not fully agree with. Additionally, I felt that within those changes, they did not value the accomplishments that individual employees made to the company.
Nice place to work
Business Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAAugust 28, 2017
Quick paced environment with plenty of challenges. Worked with a team of admissions representatives and academic advisers. Great benefits and paid time off.
Kaplan online ripped off it's students
Military Admissions Advisor (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLAugust 24, 2017
The training program told one story but once you hit the floor it was a numbers game and the student was just a number. This was unacceptable to me as i served Military students. They deserved better. I'm still friends with several of my students whom I helped and still do.
Pros
Helping Vets and Active military
Cons
Kaplan did not care about their students, just money
Best call center job
Student experience consultant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 23, 2017
Overall one of the best paying jobs with the best benefits i had while in undergrad. The culture is un-explainable if you've ever worked in a call center before. It's not impersonal . Your cubicle is your cubicle. You work with the same manager and staff every shift, you get email updates weekly and sooner if they are necessary. There are always new things to learn, but it never was too bad because it was always accompanied by formal training. The requesting off issue was my only thing but overall great job experience for anyone who can make it thru the interview process.
Pros
great work envoriment, break freedom, benefits
Cons
scheduling
Great Students; a teacher's dream come true
Faculty (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 22, 2017
Working with students who wish to compete for top colleges is a teacher's dream. The classes are intense but the students are very focused and willing to work. It is very gratifying helping them improve their skills, build confidence and expand their horizons. The pay is not as high as public high school and college professors receive, but the flexibility is much better. It is an ideal part-time job.
Pros
Pick one's own schedule; great students, short-term obligations
Cons
hourly pay rate is low
Nothing to say at this time
Director of Admissions (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 21, 2017
Management knows what happened.. I would rather not say anything negative about anybody and remain professional at all times. Thanks for the opportunity.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kaplan. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval