Kaplan Employee Reviews

A place with the right focus.
Director of Admissions and Operations (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 30, 2015
Pros: great pay, great benefits, great people
A place where everyone's main focus is to change lives of the people we come in contact with in a positive way. Advisors work with integrity and the leadership really cares. I've learned to look at life from many different prospectives, Kaplan really touches all walks of life. Great co-workers foster a peer to peer learning and growth experience. Most enjoyable part of the job is hearing the success of the students we work with and watching the smile and sense of accomplishment their admissions glows with.
Good Instructors
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Stockton, CAJuly 29, 2015
Earned my Medical Assistant Certification, and currently use what i learned as a caretaker for numerous families. I also received CPR certification while in attendance.
Excellent company to work for.
Adjunct Faculty Member (Current Employee), Riverside, CAJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Training Provided is Excellent
Cons: No Full-time Opprotunities and Adjunct Pay is lower than most colleges in the area
Kaplan College is an excellent company to work for and you always feel supported by the administration. Students are present and ready to learn.
Good while it lasted.
Enrollment Auditor (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Friendly environment.
Cons: You gain weight.
Kaplan university is a nice place to work. Administration is knowledgeable, skilled in their field, and practical. The office is an atmosphere of work without much stress. Hours are okay. It's a more than good place to work.
I'd Recommend
Admissions Advisor (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Great Benefits that begin day one of emplyment, great people
Cons: depending on department and management it could be a terrible experience
Great company, nice work environment, upper management is involved in your advancement and proactively reaches out to you to understand what your perception is of the company.
EARN YOUR DEGREE- ITS A PERK AS AN EMPLOYEE
SENIOR ADMISSIONS ADVISOR & TEAMLEAD (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Management are down to earth and friendly- benefits are good
Cons: No finish line in regards to continually enrolling students.
This is a large for profit education institution. You would enjoy working here- if you are not a lazy person. You will be required to work...but it will be a fun environment. The most enjoyable observation about this organization is that that upper level executives- are approachable, engaging with management and subordinates. Management is visible and work closely with staff to help increase the enrollments, graduation rate and retention.

There are a lot of people that just cannot make it to their local colleges and NEED the services of an online education to help expedite their goals and get a skillset that will gain them a career.
I earned my advanced degree from this school...I have no complaints- the education was challenging, the commencement was awesome and the career team reached out to me regularly.

Working in this industry is a little stressful, because there is NO finish line- when one term ends you are interviewing students for the next session. But the hardwork will feel good when you help someone (student) change their future and career options!
No Comment
Senior Admissions Representative (Current Employee), Las Vegas, ,NevadaJuly 19, 2015
A typical day at work involves working leads, which may come through a email, front desk call, walk in, or student referall. Setting a appointment, meeting with the appointment, enrolling a student, doing enrollment paperwork and ensuring the student stays active for the first 21 days of school.
bad management
Career Specialist (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 13, 2015
Bad Management

Poor managerial decisions, low morale, unrealistic Bad Management

Poor managerial decisions, low morale, unrealistic Bad Management

Poor managerial decisions, low morale, unrealistic expectations
where should I begin?.....
Student Loan Advisor (Former Employee), Plantation, FLJuly 10, 2015
Pros: not working there anymore!!
Cons: everything!!
This company is ridiculous, the pay could not even compensate for the stuff you go through. I have never been in a work environment that was so toxic, supported bullying, and favoritism. The majority of people that work there all the way up to the human resource, only lookout for number one! Granted I learn things about student loans that I never knew, but I would never recommend this company to anyone. No one knows what team work is, anything that is reported is swept under the rug, so this whole place is a joke!!
Work study was educational
Work study in Career Services (Former Employee), Merrillville, INJuly 8, 2015
It was part time and mostly included answering phones and locating jobs for students. The position was in career services. I worked with a lot of professionals and learned how to handle myself in a business setting. There was no hard part to the position and the most enjoyable is was working with people who had the experience that I wanted.
Very results oriented
Career Services Advisor (Current Employee), el paso txJuly 8, 2015
Very results oriented. As a campus they try to do the best for students. Management tries to listen and is understanding of family emergencies.
Productive and opportunity to grow
Financial Aid Administrator (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 8, 2015
Kaplan was definitely a place where I planned to retire. I enjoyed management, coworkers, as well as the work structure. I've learned so much knowledge about the entire financial aid process (FAFSA, award letters, and Title VI funding). I was so happy to be apart of a winning team and company.
Kaplan is a great school.
Applied Science in Medical Assisting (Former Employee), Did not work at Kaplan went to school thereJuly 7, 2015
Pros: convience
Cons: don't get to meet the other students personally
Great staff and wonderful professors. The support team is very helpful. The classes are convenient and the work load is doable. The classes are easy to understand and the grading is fair and unbiased.
An excellent employer and a great workplace
Adjunct Instructor - Dept. Chair (Current Employee), online teachingJuly 3, 2015
I have been employed for 10 years at Kaplan. I have found Kaplan to be a great employer to work for. My Deans and Dept. Chairs do reach out to their instructors and have their interest at heart. A great place to work and teach.
"People who love TEACHING have the power to teach others to love LEARNING."
I have worked as a part-time adjunct. As the Dept. Chair, I had the opportunity to communicate with instructors in Track A, B, and C. Great hard working and dedicated instructors.
Managed new operations being introduced to the business
Operations Manager (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Great salary and work/life balance
A typical day consists of supporting the business by making sure all of their systems are working, check emails for any priority issues, and assist in development of new projects.
Good place to work at.
Financial Services Coordinator (Former Employee), Fort LauderdaleJuly 1, 2015
Good place to work at, great benefits. Stressful most of the time. Overall good work environment, great coworkers. No opportunity for growth, but it is overall a good company to work for. Unfortunately, the industry is unstable and there have been layoffs, sothere is no job security.
Great place to excel if you have the desire and drive for Advancement
Education Admissions Specialist (Former Employee), Davenport, IAJune 29, 2015
Pros: Students progress and eventually Graduation
Cons: Drop Outs
I worked from my home with Kaplan for over 8 years and the opportunity was all up to me. I learned a lot from this company that helped me to excel in things such as Time Management, Follow up with customer base to increase Retention and remembering the basics to stay grounded with your sales approach and building a foundation through networking and excellent customer service. The job was enjoyable and there were little parts if any that came hard to me due to the internet webcam offered with the job that enabled the team to stay in constant communication and attend all the functions the team held. We had constant training each week and month to keep us up to speed on all the changes and ideas we had to help our team remain successful. The best part of my day was always the positive feedback from the students I enrolled and the employees I worked with.
energetic and fast paced
Assistant Director of Admissions (Former Employee), Nashville, TNJune 24, 2015
very aggressive and competitive in admissions
numbers driven each day
metrics oriented monthly
rewarding when students completed programs
n/a
Admissions Counselor (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJune 24, 2015
Not a good company. I would not work for the company again. Kaplan really tries to stress their employees and make them produce enrollments.
Unique approach to adult learners, solid program establishing a good working knowledge of the Criminal Justice system.
Criminal Justice Instructor (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJune 22, 2015
Pros: Structured classes, hands-on and situational learning opportunities, accessible faculty, small classes.
Cons: Adult learners frequently have time management issues, such as work schedules, child care, life issues.
Teaching at Kaplan was a rewarding experience. Unlike traditional college programs, Kaplan was geared toward mainly adult learners. The Criminal Justice Program contained a variety of courses designed to prepare candidates for positions in Law Enforcement, Parole, Probation, and Crime Scene Investigation, and so much more. The faculty was enthusiastic and capable, and the Administration was fair and flexible.
Headquarters
6301 Kaplan University Ave.
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309