Kaplan Employee Reviews

Allied Health Program Director (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 21, 2015
The work is very challenging and rewarding. The team consists of people who are dedicated to accomplishing the goals and mission of the company.
Good company - management issues
Enrollement Advisor (Former Employee), Davenport, IAJune 19, 2015
Pros: Compensation, co-workers, enviornment
Cons: Slow moving management
During an 8 hour shift, I would call perspective students and set appointments to assess their education goals and how Kaplan could help with those. Not every student was a good fit, so we had to interview them and make sure they knew what they were signing up for and if it was in their ability to follow through.
Management was kind of all over the place. The campus director was pining for a job at another school, the director of admissions was slow to return requests.
I loved everyone I worked with. It was a very supportive group and we often acknowledged each others successes. Ultimately we were there to help students succeed.
The hardest part of the job was not meeting enrollment objectives. Though my enrollment was quite high, not every student was cut out for online classes. If the student was not 100% committed I wouldn't sign them up. Fall out rate hurt just as much as not hitting my goals. The last thing I wanted was to waste a students time or money. I wanted students that were 100% committed to making a change and an education was going to do that for them.
Great company with a great outlook
Admissions Representative (Former Employee), North Hollywood, CAJune 18, 2015
Decent work experience. No major complaints. The compensation was not as good as the work production. Most enjoyable part was the people I worked with.
Dental Program
Program Director and Faculty (Former Employee), Salida, CAJune 16, 2015
Pros: Current Management such an improvement
Cons: The management during my employment
Teaching the next generation of Dental assistants is something I am truly passionate about and enjoyed my role in doing so.
Productive work place
Student (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJune 15, 2015
I came to class every day where teachers was very helpful and I excelled in every class projects. They had an open door policy in which if I had any inputs it was allowed. I am very thankful for my instructors and other faculty.
Career Services Advisor (Current Employee), El Paso, TXJune 11, 2015
Great place to work filled with passionate employees who truly care for the well being of their students. Good pay, benefits and great for advancement.
Think twice before you apply
Student Concierge/ Student Services (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJune 9, 2015
Pros: nice computers
Cons: dead end job
very misleading when you first begin your career. You will eventually end up in a department you may NOT like and will NOT have any say so. Eventually you will quit due to dissatisfaction with the types of phone interactions you will be faced with. I loved working there at first, but regretted it once I had to talk to angry attorneys.
Great school
College /Full time student (Former Employee), Davenport, IAJune 8, 2015
Pros: Good school
Cons: They didn't tell me I needed 2 classes at the end and had to pay for a class out of pocket.
I was trained and learned the materials I needed to complete my degree in Medical Assisting. I went to school here and the professor's were great.
Rewarding and inspiring!
Librarian / Student Services Coordinator (Former Employee), Brownsville, TXJune 6, 2015
Working at Kaplan was a very rewarding experience for me. I felt as if I were a part of helping students reach their hopes and dreams of acquiring an education and maximizing their income potential. When I would see the "light" suddenly shine in a student's eye, it made my day so much better.
WORKING IN THE REGISTRARS OFFICE, VARIOUS DEPARTMENTS
Work Study Student (Former Employee), 1900 N EXPRESSWAYJune 5, 2015
Pros: GOOD OVERALL EXPERIENCE
Cons: PART TIME, ..
ASSISTED IN ORGANIZING FILES, USED VARIOUS MACHINES, PLACED ORDERED FILES IN FILING CABINETS, NEVER A HARD MOMENT IN THIS JOB VERY SIMPLE. IT WAS A RELAXED JOB OVERALL I ENJOYED THE TALKS WITH MOST OF THE WORKERS WHOM WORKED THERE AT THE TIME. MANAGEMENT WAS GOOD.
excellent company with many opportunities for growth
NCLEX Review Instructor - Nursing Faculty (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 2, 2015
Pros: flexible, excellent pay/benefits
Cons: not enough work available at this time
I love this work b/c it's very flexible and I'm able to work from home mostly. I love the student interaction and the constant learning environment.
Productive and great learning experience.
Medical Office Specialist (Former Employee), El Paso, TXJune 1, 2015
A typical day at school is always a great learning experience. I gain the knowledge and skills needed to perform the responsibilities well for my career.
Very Productive a Fun Place to be and very Helpful
Medical Front Office (Former Employee), El Paso, TXJune 1, 2015
Pros: Great health insurances, Great benifits
Cons: Short Breaks
Handle incoming calls
Confirm appointments/Schedule appointments
Bill insurances
Review and Change Patients charts
nice environment
Composition Instructor (Former Employee), Riverside, CaJune 1, 2015
This is a great place to work. There are not many full time positions but the environment is great. Everyone is friendly around the small campus.
fun enviornment
Admissions Advisor (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 29, 2015
• Counseled prospective applicants on the admissions process and opportunities at the University. Providing one-on-one admissions counseling to diverse populations is an important responsibility of this position. Admissions counseling occurs primarily by in-person appointments, phone calls and emails. Review and score application essays and other materials submitted by applicants for the purposes of making admission decisions.
Sales driven
Admissions Advisor (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLMay 28, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: sales leads decreased at times
Quality leads provided to assist with quotas. Flexible hours assisted with appointments outside of work.

Some days it was difficult with achieving manager assistance, but learned to close the file
KLGB&S
Executive Assistant to senior, founding partner (Former Employee), Beverly Hills, CAMay 24, 2015
Pros: Best work environment and A+ employer
Cons: Firm Dissolved
Proud to have worked for number one entertainment lawyer in the world. Stellar reputation; a legend.

Integrity and generosity; brilliant attorney
Productive, team player, harder worker employee
Admission Advisor (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMay 21, 2015
Communicate with prospective students, parents and community through
appointment, telephone, email and other materials.
• Assist with the development of enrollment marketing publications and
communications including letters, brochures, website postings, electronic mail and
other mediums.
• Presents information about the benefits of an education from the department, college
or area being represented at onsite locations and to on-campus visitors.
• Foster and develop relationships with schools or other areas being recruited from.
Not a bad company to work for.
Academic Assistant (Former Employee), Lewiston, MEMay 20, 2015
I work for Kaplan for 8 years. I left by my choice. I miss my job and the people I worked with. Management was very understanding why I had to leave. I would work for Kaplan again.
Great campus in Brownsville, Texas
Financial Aid Officer (Former Employee), Brownsville, TXMay 17, 2015
My typical day at work consisted of interviewing current and future students in the financial aid department. I attended daily meetings with the director and financial aid advisors at the campus. I loved working with the staff and faculty at Kaplan and this made it easy and a very pleasant place to work.

The hardest part of the job was when I had to relocate to Florida. It
was a difficult decision to make when I knew that I was leaving a
great job with wonderful coworkers.
Headquarters
6301 Kaplan University Ave.
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309