Kaplan Employee Reviews

where should I begin?.....
Student Loan Advisor (Former Employee), Plantation, FLJuly 10, 2015
Pros: not working there anymore!!
Cons: everything!!
This company is ridiculous, the pay could not even compensate for the stuff you go through. I have never been in a work environment that was so toxic, supported bullying, and favoritism. The majority of people that work there all the way up to the human resource, only lookout for number one! Granted I learn things about student loans that I never knew, but I would never recommend this company to anyone. No one knows what team work is, anything that is reported is swept under the rug, so this whole place is a joke!!
Work study was educational
Work study in Career Services (Former Employee), Merrillville, INJuly 8, 2015
It was part time and mostly included answering phones and locating jobs for students. The position was in career services. I worked with a lot of professionals and learned how to handle myself in a business setting. There was no hard part to the position and the most enjoyable is was working with people who had the experience that I wanted.
Very results oriented
Career Services Advisor (Current Employee), el paso txJuly 8, 2015
Very results oriented. As a campus they try to do the best for students. Management tries to listen and is understanding of family emergencies.
Productive and opportunity to grow
Financial Aid Administrator (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 8, 2015
Kaplan was definitely a place where I planned to retire. I enjoyed management, coworkers, as well as the work structure. I've learned so much knowledge about the entire financial aid process (FAFSA, award letters, and Title VI funding). I was so happy to be apart of a winning team and company.
Kaplan is a great school.
Applied Science in Medical Assisting (Former Employee), Did not work at Kaplan went to school thereJuly 7, 2015
Pros: convience
Cons: don't get to meet the other students personally
Great staff and wonderful professors. The support team is very helpful. The classes are convenient and the work load is doable. The classes are easy to understand and the grading is fair and unbiased.
An excellent employer and a great workplace
Adjunct Instructor - Dept. Chair (Current Employee), online teachingJuly 3, 2015
I have been employed for 10 years at Kaplan. I have found Kaplan to be a great employer to work for. My Deans and Dept. Chairs do reach out to their instructors and have their interest at heart. A great place to work and teach.
"People who love TEACHING have the power to teach others to love LEARNING."
I have worked as a part-time adjunct. As the Dept. Chair, I had the opportunity to communicate with instructors in Track A, B, and C. Great hard working and dedicated instructors.
Managed new operations being introduced to the business
Operations Manager (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Great salary and work/life balance
A typical day consists of supporting the business by making sure all of their systems are working, check emails for any priority issues, and assist in development of new projects.
Good place to work at.
Financial Services Coordinator (Former Employee), Fort LauderdaleJuly 1, 2015
Good place to work at, great benefits. Stressful most of the time. Overall good work environment, great coworkers. No opportunity for growth, but it is overall a good company to work for. Unfortunately, the industry is unstable and there have been layoffs, sothere is no job security.
Great place to excel if you have the desire and drive for Advancement
Education Admissions Specialist (Former Employee), Davenport, IAJune 29, 2015
Pros: Students progress and eventually Graduation
Cons: Drop Outs
I worked from my home with Kaplan for over 8 years and the opportunity was all up to me. I learned a lot from this company that helped me to excel in things such as Time Management, Follow up with customer base to increase Retention and remembering the basics to stay grounded with your sales approach and building a foundation through networking and excellent customer service. The job was enjoyable and there were little parts if any that came hard to me due to the internet webcam offered with the job that enabled the team to stay in constant communication and attend all the functions the team held. We had constant training each week and month to keep us up to speed on all the changes and ideas we had to help our team remain successful. The best part of my day was always the positive feedback from the students I enrolled and the employees I worked with.
energetic and fast paced
Assistant Director of Admissions (Former Employee), Nashville, TNJune 24, 2015
very aggressive and competitive in admissions
numbers driven each day
metrics oriented monthly
rewarding when students completed programs
n/a
Admissions Counselor (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJune 24, 2015
Not a good company. I would not work for the company again. Kaplan really tries to stress their employees and make them produce enrollments.
Unique approach to adult learners, solid program establishing a good working knowledge of the Criminal Justice system.
Criminal Justice Instructor (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJune 22, 2015
Pros: Structured classes, hands-on and situational learning opportunities, accessible faculty, small classes.
Cons: Adult learners frequently have time management issues, such as work schedules, child care, life issues.
Teaching at Kaplan was a rewarding experience. Unlike traditional college programs, Kaplan was geared toward mainly adult learners. The Criminal Justice Program contained a variety of courses designed to prepare candidates for positions in Law Enforcement, Parole, Probation, and Crime Scene Investigation, and so much more. The faculty was enthusiastic and capable, and the Administration was fair and flexible.
Allied Health Program Director (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 21, 2015
The work is very challenging and rewarding. The team consists of people who are dedicated to accomplishing the goals and mission of the company.
Good company - management issues
Enrollement Advisor (Former Employee), Davenport, IAJune 19, 2015
Pros: Compensation, co-workers, enviornment
Cons: Slow moving management
During an 8 hour shift, I would call perspective students and set appointments to assess their education goals and how Kaplan could help with those. Not every student was a good fit, so we had to interview them and make sure they knew what they were signing up for and if it was in their ability to follow through.
Management was kind of all over the place. The campus director was pining for a job at another school, the director of admissions was slow to return requests.
I loved everyone I worked with. It was a very supportive group and we often acknowledged each others successes. Ultimately we were there to help students succeed.
The hardest part of the job was not meeting enrollment objectives. Though my enrollment was quite high, not every student was cut out for online classes. If the student was not 100% committed I wouldn't sign them up. Fall out rate hurt just as much as not hitting my goals. The last thing I wanted was to waste a students time or money. I wanted students that were 100% committed to making a change and an education was going to do that for them.
Great company with a great outlook
Admissions Representative (Former Employee), North Hollywood, CAJune 18, 2015
Decent work experience. No major complaints. The compensation was not as good as the work production. Most enjoyable part was the people I worked with.
Dental Program
Program Director and Faculty (Former Employee), Salida, CAJune 16, 2015
Pros: Current Management such an improvement
Cons: The management during my employment
Teaching the next generation of Dental assistants is something I am truly passionate about and enjoyed my role in doing so.
Productive work place
Student (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJune 15, 2015
I came to class every day where teachers was very helpful and I excelled in every class projects. They had an open door policy in which if I had any inputs it was allowed. I am very thankful for my instructors and other faculty.
Career Services Advisor (Current Employee), El Paso, TXJune 11, 2015
Great place to work filled with passionate employees who truly care for the well being of their students. Good pay, benefits and great for advancement.
Think twice before you apply
Student Concierge/ Student Services (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJune 9, 2015
Pros: nice computers
Cons: dead end job
very misleading when you first begin your career. You will eventually end up in a department you may NOT like and will NOT have any say so. Eventually you will quit due to dissatisfaction with the types of phone interactions you will be faced with. I loved working there at first, but regretted it once I had to talk to angry attorneys.
Great school
College /Full time student (Former Employee), Davenport, IAJune 8, 2015
Pros: Good school
Cons: They didn't tell me I needed 2 classes at the end and had to pay for a class out of pocket.
I was trained and learned the materials I needed to complete my degree in Medical Assisting. I went to school here and the professor's were great.
Headquarters
6301 Kaplan University Ave.
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309