Kaplan Employee Reviews

For Profit Online University
Military Admissions Advisor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 3, 2016
Make sales calls.
Micromanagement is the style.
Wide range of colleagues pertaining to background and education.
Dealing with people constantly looking over your shoulder.
Learning about the potential students.
Pros
Helping people enroll in school.
Cons
Micromanagement
Property
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Springdale, ARJanuary 27, 2017
Worked with Kaplan until Property Complex sold. Never had a bad experience here. Earned management experience. All residents were good with our staff and they liked how we worked. If I could I would work with Kaplan Management again.
Pros
Good Employer and Co-Workers
Cons
Part-Time position.
Productive Number driven environment
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 21, 2016
ability to relate to student
management
answering calls and making calls for a today of 8 hours per day
updating files
communicating with different departments to make sure the application is being processed successfully
transferring calls
uploading documents
collecting documents
being very organized
All around town
INSTRUCTOR (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 11, 2017
The place and people were great. You get an interesting assortment of students - some are almost to where they want to be already score-wise, and others have a ways to go. I don't regret working here, the only downside would be that it is a bit of a mixed bag what work you'll get every month.
The training and development team were great to work with.
Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 2, 2016
Kaplan as a for-profit university, has the right idea. As an educator they are above reproach. With a little reorganization and rethinking culture, I have no doubt Kaplan will become a top educator.
Pros
The people you work with daily
Cons
A little top heavy
Great school
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Lewiston, MEFebruary 17, 2017
The school is a great place to work, teaching online was a completely new experience, having students from all over the country with different life experiences and learning styles is a great way for professors to learn to be adaptable in many different situations.
About Kaplan
Admissions Advisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 7, 2017
The job is not hard, but sometimes management makes it difficult. Management is only focused on meeting goals and sometimes forget that keeping employees motivated to reach those goals is equally important. The schedule makes it hard to have a work/life balance.
Was a fabulous University to work for
ADMISSIONS ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 10, 2017
I really enjoyed working at Kaplan, the energy was their on a daily basis, the leadership was encouraging and motivating, and changing the students life was so important to everyone I worked with.
Pros
Leadership, Salary, Benefits
Cons
downsizing
Productive and work environment was decent
Admissions Advisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 1, 2016
Worked at Kaplan as an admissions advisor for over 2 years. Completed my Masters degree in Health Administration. Volunteered each qaurter with the United Way. Maintained a great work relationship with employers.
Pros
Good Benefits, Great People
Cons
Sales Goals, Repetitive
Productive and Educational
Director of Admissions (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLDecember 21, 2016
developed from a assistant DOA to a DOA, same as everglades but moved on for upward advancement. The job wsasnt hard, but not always meet my self growth. Management was fair, and supportive, and enjoyable co-workers
Pros
Atomosphere
Cons
lack of growth
Top Security company
Adult Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INDecember 18, 2016
Top security company. As a sales rep I would work from home, in the office and in the field with prospective clients. This position taught me excellent sales and customer service skills. Management was great to work with and very involved.
Very productive and challenging work palce
Military Admissions Advisor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 29, 2016
I start the day before: anything pending at the end of the day takes priority first thing in the morning, after daily am tasks and meeting with my supervisor. Then I follow through with the tasks needed to be done that day, as well as anything else that comes up. By the end of the day, I make up a to-do list for tomorrow, clean up my desk, and set out the pending things next to my list to tackle them first thing in the morning.
Great Organization
Academic Chair Associate Criminal Justice Programs (Former Employee) –  RemoteNovember 21, 2016
Kaplan University offers opportunity In a variety of academic positions. As supervisor, I trained and mentored over 100 adjunct instructors. I was responsible for scheduling and creating a team atmosphere.
Pros
Work Remotely
I loved Kaplan
Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAJanuary 17, 2017
I found Kaplan very reliable and helpful. Someone was always available to assist me with online technical issues, billing questions, or just general questions to my professor. The online learning experience was easy and fun.
Pros
Convenient
Excellent school to get started in education
Admissions Advisor/Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 30, 2017
Kaplan University provides a unique level of academic support to its students. It is a great school to get started in education and learning skills needed that are essential to higher education.
Wonderful place to teach nursing
LPN Instructor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 23, 2017
I started off as a clinical instructor and had the opportunity to teach lab and in other settings. The work atmosphere was great. Everyone was so helpful and willing to help me grow with the company.
Pros
great work enviroment
Cons
n/a
teaching was a key in this job
Medical Assistant Instructor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 17, 2016
Watching the students as they progressed through the different courses, Seeing them advance their skills and confidence as they learned the tasks required to work in the medical field was great.
Pros
The people I worked with
Cons
Productive and fun place to work, but you must produce
Admission Advisor (Former Employee) –  Ft. Lauderdale, FLJanuary 24, 2017
A productive and fun place to work, but you must produce. They will do what they can to help. Great training and resources at your fingertip for studying.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
production driven
It was a rewarding place to work.
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJanuary 31, 2017
Enjoyed teaching, the other staff I worked with was great, management always has some issues, but they were fair. I thought it was a fair and good place to work.
Pros
Educational benefits
Cons
Too many compliance trainging sessions.
Not a great company
Military Admission Advisor / Educational Advisor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 20, 2016
In my tenure here at this company I have had many great experiences and several bad experiences. The environment can be very stressful and the leadership in some ways have proven to be very supportive.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kaplan. Our community is ready to answer.