Kaplan

Kaplan Employer Reviews

Fun
Senior Admissions Recruiter (Former Employee), Sacramento, CASeptember 17, 2014
Good culture, student focused and great pay and benefits. Highly recommended.
Good experience
Federal Work Study (Former Employee), Lincoln, NESeptember 17, 2014
This company gives good one on one experience with students. Assists working on communication and presentation skills.
A great place to work
school (Current Employee), onlineSeptember 12, 2014
I have moved up with this company twice already, this has been the best learning experience for me by far. It's just a shame that I had to move away to South Carolina to find work and leave my loved ones behind.
Great Concept
Admissions Advisor (Former Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: i was able to help people
Cons: company was understand investigation for unethical behavior and had to layoff over 200 at one time
A typical day at Kaplan University entailed encouraging and enrolling people that inquired about school into a college program. I also assisted in and obtained financial aid including student loans selecting courses and programs. The management team treated this position more as a hard core sales environment and forced people to obtain loans and enroll – more... without realizing the financial obligation. I felt that management created a very hostile and competitive environment among employees. The hardest part of the job was getting people enrolled who clearly had no clue about debt involved in furthering their education. The enjoyable part of the job was when a person was fully aware and ready to actually make a commitment to "Changing Their Life" and furthering their education. – less
Great Pay
Student Accounts Rep (Former Employee), FortlauderdaleSeptember 10, 2014
Great hours and great pay medical was ok. the bonus and raise scale was the best.
Informative and Fun work environment
Loan Counsel Advisor (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLSeptember 7, 2014
Pros: workplace
Cons: na
Helped students who has financial hardships. Enjoyed getting to know different individuals.
Stimulating and enjoyable place to work
Medical Assistant Instructor / Educator (Former Employee), Stockton, CASeptember 6, 2014
Teaching was a wonderful experience. I enjoyed the students and knowing that I was helping them to fulfill their career path was very satisfying for me.
Kaplan review
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee), OnlineSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: very supportive
Wonderful company to work for
Tuition is paid for - I am currently working while obtaining a second masters degree that they are paying for - all online and through their school. The
Experience
Instructor (Current Employee), Brownsville, TXSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: rewarding field
Cons: schedule
There is no typical day at work. Every day is different with new challenges and experiences. My coworkers are awesome individuals. The hardest part of my job is saying goodbye to our students but seeing them accomplish what they one day started is truly the greatest reward from this job.
Excellent Community Interaction
Graduate Psychology Core Faculty (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 25, 2014
The community at Kaplan is largely influential in the faculty development and support at the university. Courses are engaging and meet the needs for the students.
Aggressive sales environment, good team atmosphere
Training Specialist (Former Employee), Plantation, FloridaAugust 20, 2014
As a Training Specialist a typical work day involved developing new hire training content, facilitating new and continuing education group and individual sessions, coaching and collaborating with client managers to identify goals and the best course of action to reach them in a reasonable timeframe.
A nice environment.
Receptionist (Temporary contract) (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VAAugust 13, 2014
Cons: not enough scope to develope
A friendly work environment. Customer varied from walk-in and phone calls.
I found the job easy as I have held much more demanding positions.
Great Co-workers and immediate mgmt, no job security.
Admissions Advisor (Current Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 12, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: schedule, metrics
This is a typical performance based employer. You perform, you stay. You don't, and they box up your stuff and walk you out.
Give the entres test to a future student
Library Assistant (Former Employee), McAllen, TXAugust 11, 2014
Made sure for a potential student, do a test. Also I help students on the library for any question, reset password, give a books, help with computer work.
Good Place
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXAugust 11, 2014
Pros: great people.
Cons: na
Good place to work. Enjoy the students. Has good mangers. Co-workers are very diverse and knowledgeable.
Looking to get into the IT field and or management
Tutoring/Library Assistant (Former Employee), Urbandale, IAAugust 7, 2014
Pros: knowing that there is a job out there that i will be getting that i will enjoy working at.
Cons: not able to support myself at this time.
At this time I'm unemployed and been busy searching for work. During this process I Keep a good disposition as I search.
Poorly managed , greed driven
Admissions Advisor (Former Employee), Manchester, NHAugust 6, 2014
Would not recommend this company to my worst enemy. Treated people poorly. Unrealistic metrics driven expectations . Only allowed to use canned presentation to prospective students. Managers sit in with interview with potential students ,critique every word you use in your conversation to direct you to stay on track with the canned interview monologue. – more... Micro managed , poor management ,unrealistic, morally bankrupt,
unstable work environment. School I worked in was around for 80 years before Kaplan took over. Took them 5 years to close the doors – less
productive, positive, energetic work environment
Students Admissions Representative/Re-entry (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 5, 2014
Pros: large, energetic work environment
Cons: if management does niot like you, you are out
I worked at Kaplan University when it was a College, before the University was added. I experienced Kaplan as it grew from a one location one school to multi-location campus and online school. It definitely went through it's growing pains but has come out as a strong online University with the Higher Education industry.

I started in Admissions and – more... was promoted to the office for returning students, where I eventually worked from home for the final 2.5 years of my Kaplan Career.

Management was very supportive at the beginning of my career. Many of the management team had grown from an admissions position and understood what is was like to start from the "bottom" and work you way up. Kaplan University started hiring in new executives, that started hiring in their friends, previous co-workers and family members. The executive positions became very fraternal-like and only kept employees that would benefit them. One of the best managers I have ever had was forced to quit Kaplan because of the way he was mistreated within the school. This person started the re-entry department, made it the strong/lucrative department that it was, and the was forced to leave. I soon left the school to move onto another chapter in my career.

Overall, it is nice to see Kaplan University grow into what it is today. – less
Kaplan does not care
Student (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 5, 2014
This is one the worst places to attend as a student or as an employee, is a hostile work environment and students are just dollar signs
Fun Place to Work
CMA Instructor/Externship Coordinator (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIJuly 30, 2014
Kaplan made working fun. Everyone got along with each other. It was like a second family. Looked forward going to work everyday.

About Kaplan

Kaplan will put you to the test. The Washington Post subsidiary is perhaps best known for its test-preparation publications, which – Read more