Kaplan Employee Reviews

Kaplan University Admission Advisor
Admissions Advisor (Current Employee), Orlando, FLApril 20, 2015
Pros: Pay
Cons: Bad leads and fear that your job can be terminate every quarter if quota is not met
The day starts with calling students that may be interested in enrolling in school but you have uncover their needs and sell them the benefits to enroll them. Monthly quotas have to be met if not at the end of the quarter your job gets terminated. Is an easy job with great pay but the leads that are given don't make the job easy.
N/A
Admissions Representative (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NevadaApril 18, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing students better there lives. Start with nothing and to see them accomplish something they never thought they could is rewarding. The hardest part of my job is working for a company who is split between making profit and providing student success. More often then not, education and profit do not go hand in hand.
Kaplan College
ADMISSION REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), Riverside, CAApril 17, 2015
Great experience and I enjoy working with my co-workers. A little stressful but its admissions, I expect it to be stressful.
productive,with goals bonuses
KHEG Student Account Rep (Former Employee), plantation floridaApril 14, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: was laid off
Made outbound calls, take inbound calls set up recurring payments on students accounts
major follow ups on all students..
Overall Good
Assistant Registrar (Current Employee), Clovis, CAApril 13, 2015
Pros: Atmosphere
Cons: Insurance
I loved working at Kaplan. I was unable to grow with the company. I was ready to move into a management position.My co-workers were amazing. They weren't very family orientated.
Welsey Life is a great place to work!
Clinical Nursing Student (Former Employee), Urbandale, IAApril 11, 2015
Pros: great hours, wonderful facility, great employee collaboration
Cons: they were under construction at the time which made some task harder to perform
I really enjoyed working at Wesley Acres. Management allowed me to work where ever I felt comfortable and also let me move to there many different areas. During my pregnancy they even allowed me to work in assisted living in an as needed position so that I would feel more comfortable. I was given a 50 cent raise at my annual review.
Good opportunities for advancement
Admissions Advisor (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 11, 2015
Pros: Good opportunity for advancement
Cons: need to have sales experience to meet the monthly quota
I loved working at Kaplan because the environment is both diverse and enriching. The employees receive excellent benefits and vacation. The employer is very good at motivating the employees as well as educating the employees on how to interact and educate the potential students.
Ideal hours
Student Help Desk Representative (Former Employee), Location employees homeApril 7, 2015
Was able to work while continuing my education. Students were supportive and open to learning. Job is remote able to work from home. Home office required to complete this job.
Rite Aide
Library Assistant (Former Employee), South Portland, MEApril 6, 2015
I liked the Kennebunk Rite Aid, however when I transferred to the Wells store, the management was awful, with no regard for families of their employees. My favorite part of this job was customer service.
Kaplan
SENIOR ADMISSIONS ADVISOR, TEAM COORDINATOR (Current Employee), Orlando, FLApril 1, 2015
Kaplan has a good work environment, good job culture. The management tries its best to make Kaplan a good place to work. The hardest part of the is job security and sometimes not knowing if you will have a job six months now.
Teaching become my joy
Instructor - Allied Health (Former Employee), Palm Springs, CAMarch 30, 2015
I enjoyed teaching in a post-secondary education setting. I had a considerable number of English as second language students and took great satisfaction in providing guidance, education, and CPR certification for all of my students.
Working with Kaplan
Admissions Advisor (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 29, 2015
Pros: talking about a persons goals / dreams, establishing lifelong friendships
Cons: when it seems management loses sight of education and focuses on money
Typical Day: Set up computer, make phone calls to potential students, walk them through enrollment process

What I Learned: I can make a difference

Management: Pushes the company agenda

Co-Workers: Awesome

Hardest Part: Failing to meet goals

Most Enjoyable Part: Having a lasting impact on the lives of our students
Good place to be
PT- Allied Health Instructor (Current Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 28, 2015
Pros: Ground days and digital classes are a great balance; all schools should consider
Working for Kaplan has been a great personal experience.

Great Instructors in the Medical Assistant Department. We help one another in all areas not only to help cover a class but also, work well in sharing teaching tools.
Busy fast-paced workplace
Program Director (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Great staff camaderie
Cons: HIgh turn around
I learned so much while working here. Being able to nurture and inspire students to reach their career goals gave me a great sense of accomplishment. This made the job worth it.
Education sales
Associate Director of Admissions (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 25, 2015
Pros: money
Cons: stsdents
nice jobs but it's really telemarketing sales of college degrees. good company benefits are great. hard part: convincing a person to invest thousands of dollars on themselves. perks nice paycheck
Career college student mentality
Instructor (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INMarch 22, 2015
Pros: watching students succeed
Cons: failing students
A typical day consisted of my teaching medical office management to students in a career college. I prepared lessons and created projects. The hardest part of my job was realizing that I could not make all of the students want to be successful. The most enjoyable was watching those who worked hard, succeed. The management was less than supportive when a problem would arise.
Good company, should have spent more time there
Office Clerk in the Placement Department (Former Employee), Palm Springs, CAMarch 20, 2015
Good company, should have spent more time there. lots of money to be made here if you put time in. lots of locations to transfer to as well.
Medical Assistant Instructor - BLS Instructor (Former Employee), Brownsville, TXMarch 20, 2015
Pros: free ceu's
Cons: evening
Kaplan open my doors to the adult education... and I would always thank them for the opportunity the gave me and had trust on me even though I was very young 24yrs old at that time...
Nice group of people to work with....
Senior Advisor - Education Advising (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 19, 2015
Pros: a lot of company sponsored activities, great location for food and shopping.
Cons: hard to move up, most of the advisors have more education than their managers.
Your experience in Education Advising will depend on your manager. I had two managers. One was amazing and made work fun. The micromanaging that is done on a corporate scale is enough to send the sanest person running but the people make the job worthwhile. Great location for food and shopping and Starbucks in the building!
Excellent part time job.
Medical Assistant Instructor (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 11, 2015
Pros: free school tuition for employees
Cons: no benefits
Kaplan is a fun and very busy school, love to teach students and at the same time learn new techniques, and working as a team with other co-workers. Management is very involved in student education and with the productivity of employees as well. I find it challenging to
not be so nice with my students.
Headquarters
6301 Kaplan University Ave.
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309