Kaplan

Kaplan Employer Reviews

Hectic at times
Academic Advisor (Former Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 21, 2014
Pros: co workers, team environment
Cons: for profit, some students can be taken advatage of because the admissions team is all about numbers.
It's a call center environment. The calls can be continious but there are some times when there is a break between calls. Daily, the advisor has a cohort of students to register for class, ensure the studnets are in good academic standing, and track attendance.

The people that work at Kaplan are amazing. It is a great environment and supportive. Kaplan also has social events that allow the employees to mingle and get to know one another.

The most difficult part of the job is dealing with upset students and/or students who don't understand the policies and procedures.
Typical Retail Position
Receptionist/Proctor (Former Employee), Vista, CANovember 21, 2014
I liked working here in the beginning until management would get out of hand asking top sales associates to stay overtime during slow hours. They were never fair and could care less about your health. Other than that, I feel it would of been a better place to work. Great products and prices. Loved the discounts and co workers.
Excellent teaching staff
Allied Health Instructor (Former Employee), Nashville, TNNovember 20, 2014
Work normal hours from about 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. with some overtime needed if salaried. Staff was always courteous and professional.

Faculty was always available to the students and continuously went above and beyond to help.
fun workplace
Senior Education Advisor/Team Lead (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 19, 2014
Pros: enjoyable work enviroment.
Cons: high turnover rate
A reputable University that is accredited and is fun to work for.
Good place to start your career
Admissions Advisor III (Current Employee), St. Louis, MONovember 18, 2014
Pros: great people to work with and a great place to work out of college
Cons: you will hit a ceiling and the only way to get promoted is to relocate
Great place to work for a while but you will hit a ceiking and the only way to advance is to relocate.
Motivating High School students to further their education and helping them along in the process.
High School Development and Recruitment specialist (Former Employee), Baltimore City, MDNovember 17, 2014
Pros: learned how to effectively manage my time.
Cons: salary
Through motivational speaking techniques along with training I had acquired as a teacher and business owner I was able to help students to realize their educational dreams as well as be the lead in the most successful recruitment team on the East coast for Kaplan Higher Education/TESST College. The best part of my job was watching and reaching the students along with creating long lasting partnerships with professional educational staff.
Hope you like Cold Calling
Admissions Representative (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXNovember 14, 2014
Pros: competitive
Cons: cut throat and mostly unprofessional
Your typical day includes arriving at work, having a morning meeting regarding goals. Get on calls about 100 phone calls a day. Make appointments, hope and wait for appointments to show. If they don't get back on the phone and find out why. If a student doesn't sign up, be ready for your accountability meeting to indicate why you couldn't close the deal. Stressful and exhausting, long hours, coming in on your days off. Coming in and making calls on the holidays or Sundays also.
Nice place
IT Contract & Licensing Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 14, 2014
Nice place. Nice place. Nice place. Nice place. Nice place. Nice place. Nice place. Nice place. Nice place. Nice place. Nice place. Nice place. Nice place. Nice place.
Very productive
Research Clerk (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXNovember 14, 2014
I only worked here for a short time however I learned a lot in that brief span.
I've enjoyed my time here.
Nursing Admissions Team Lead (Current Employee), San Diego, CANovember 8, 2014
I've enjoyed working for this company. Hours are flexible and I enjoy meeting with potential students that are interested in furthering their education with us.
Kaplan University
Admissions Advisor/ Team Lead/ Call Center Manager (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLNovember 7, 2014
This is one of the best companies I have ever worked for. They have a great work/balance system in place for their employees and they managers care about the employees.
Educating future healthcare professionals.
PUBLIC HEALTH FACULTY APPOINTMENTS (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 5, 2014
Conduct graduate-level courses in Cultural Diversity in Public Health, Current Health Issues for Health Educators and undergraduate-level courses in Health Disparity, Diseases of the Human Body, Academic Strategies for Healthcare Professionals, and Anatomy and Physiology.

Challenge thinking, foster debate and develop the ability of students to engage in critical discourse and rational thinking.
It a School
Full Time Student (Former Employee), Davenport, IaNovember 5, 2014
Pros: online
Cons: lack of communication with professors
Your not going to get paid to go to school, so therefore that is why I Gave those stars.
I have learned a lot by going to school there.
Beware
May 2008- April 2009 (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 3, 2014
Pros: good company good pay and good benefits room for growth
Cons: very strict policies, management very unprofessional
good company good pay and good benefits room for growth but Beware very strict policies, management very unprofessional
Fun Work enviornment
Dental Assistant Instructor (Former Employee), Stockton, CANovember 1, 2014
The location shut down, and I had to seek other employment. I enjoyed working with the students to educate them and prepare them for the office and helping the dentist and staff achieve the ultimate patient experience.
Education
Dental Assistant Student (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXOctober 28, 2014
Going good so far. I am learning a lot about the industry and look forward to getting a job soon!
school
school (Former Employee), lincolnOctober 28, 2014
i have not miss a class in my 6 months there
I love being here
fun times

Great company to work for, in helping others towards accomplish their career goals
Senior Career Service Advisor (Current Employee), Arlington, TXOctober 23, 2014
I would like to have more opportunities to advance in the company
Enjoyable
Medical Assistant Instructor (Former Employee), Midland, TXOctober 22, 2014
Did not feel secure in my job. However there was benefits of furthering education if you wanted to. Life balance was good.
Did not like the computer based, self paced study.
Enjoyed the students and co-workers
Dental Assistant (Current Employee), Corpus Christi, TXOctober 21, 2014
Great School. Great programs. Very successful graduation rate.

About Kaplan

Kaplan will put you to the test. The Washington Post subsidiary is perhaps best known for its test-preparation publications, which – Read more

Kaplan Salaries