Kaplan Employee Reviews

For Profit Online University
Military Admissions Advisor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 3, 2016
Make sales calls.
Micromanagement is the style.
Wide range of colleagues pertaining to background and education.
Dealing with people constantly looking over your shoulder.
Learning about the potential students.
Pros
Helping people enroll in school.
Cons
Micromanagement
The training and development team were great to work with.
Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 2, 2016
Kaplan as a for-profit university, has the right idea. As an educator they are above reproach. With a little reorganization and rethinking culture, I have no doubt Kaplan will become a top educator.
Pros
The people you work with daily
Cons
A little top heavy
Great place to work with very flexible schedule
Full-Time Teacher (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 1, 2016
Salary wasn't commensurate with the experience the full-time teachers brought to the job or the income Kaplan was bringing in per class taught.
Kaplan
Work Study/Tutor (Former Employee) –  Mason City, IANovember 30, 2016
As a student tutor this was a great way to get to know other classmates, Kaplan was very helpful in working with my schedule to tutor others.
Online Teaching
Adjunct Professor, Information Technology (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 30, 2016
This was a very challenging position. It was demanding. Teaching web development online can be very difficult at times.
Workplace
Leader Insurance Instructor (Current Employee) –  La Crosse, WINovember 29, 2016
I enjoy my job, teaching prelicensing insurance in multiple states for Life, Health, Property and Casualty. Hardest part is not knowing when is my next class.
Pros
Travel meeting new people weekly
Cons
no job security
I was a student at Kaplan University.
Student in the Accounting Program (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IANovember 28, 2016
I was a student and have a favorable view of Kaplan. Their instructors are competent and I learned a lot there. The instructors at Kaplan were available and were invested in my learning. I would recommend Kaplan University to anyone wanting to get a degree.
Pros
available to learn on my own
Cons
Great opportunity if you can get it
ACT Instructor (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 23, 2016
This was one of the best jobs I have had. I had a whole teacher's manual to the ACT prep I was teaching to the students. Kaplan's hiring staff and other staff are very organized and informative. The down-side to this job for me was that it was a temporary ACT Instructing job at a highschool in East St. Louis. St. Louis does not seem to do a lot of K-12 in-school ACT/SAT prep so I didn't have another opportunity arise for me.
Great Organization
Academic Chair Associate Criminal Justice Programs (Former Employee) –  RemoteNovember 21, 2016
Kaplan University offers opportunity In a variety of academic positions. As supervisor, I trained and mentored over 100 adjunct instructors. I was responsible for scheduling and creating a team atmosphere.
Pros
Work Remotely
teaching was a key in this job
Medical Assistant Instructor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 17, 2016
Watching the students as they progressed through the different courses, Seeing them advance their skills and confidence as they learned the tasks required to work in the medical field was great.
Pros
The people I worked with
Decent Company
Admissions Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 16, 2016
Pay was decent. Working culture was decent. I give it 3 stars because there was not much room to grow on the sales side. Not quite sure why I have to give such a ling review for a decent company there is not much more to say.
Admissions Kaplan
Admissions Advisor - Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 15, 2016
great atmosphere, great location and the people you build relationships and bonds with create an even more stable platform to grow within the company
Senior Global Education Consultant (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 12, 2016
Kaplan University is a great place to work. The company believes in people over profits. We service students in 36 different countries and always put students first.
Very challenging and great place to work for
Premier Admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 8, 2016
Just have to be able to deal with changes. The hardest part of the job is to make your goal, because if you don't you are only as good as your last enrollment.
Flexible and well managed environment
Freelance Web Designer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 6, 2016
Work hour is flexible.
They have nice complementary food.
There was some conflicts from two art directors that make designer's design decision hard.
Productive and fun place to work.
Academic Advisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 4, 2016
The company had alot of ups and downs when I was employed there. I survived 2 massive layoffs. Other than that the benefits were average and the company would have lavish Holiday parties as well as shut the company down for half a day for field trips.
Good, productive and positive workplace until business began changing
Regional Faculty Director - South/Southeast/West (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 3, 2016
Initially Kaplan Test Prep was a wonderful place to work. Days were busy, but we were productive, had a great team, and were all dedicated to doing the best for our students. The common sense of purpose made it a great place to work. Eventually the business changed and the atmosphere did as well, but once upon a time it was a great place to work.
High volume medical office
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXNovember 2, 2016
During my internship and few weeks of working at a geriatric and internal medicine office, I learned that working in the back office was more than I expected. I didn't anticipate some of the behaviors of the patients as well as the family members that attended their visit with them. I believe I would've worked better in a pediatrician office. My LVN was a very sweet and helpful coworker who had a very loving and nurturing personality.
Training
Education Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 1, 2016
A great place to add training and organization skills. They don't have any internal growth or much of management support. A pretty chill atmosphere and casual dress code.
Productive and work environment was decent
Admissions Advisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 1, 2016
Worked at Kaplan as an admissions advisor for over 2 years. Completed my Masters degree in Health Administration. Volunteered each qaurter with the United Way. Maintained a great work relationship with employers.
Pros
Good Benefits, Great People
Cons
Sales Goals, Repetitive

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kaplan. Our community is ready to answer.