Kaplan

Kaplan Employee Reviews

Rite Aide
Library Assistant (Former Employee), South Portland, MEApril 6, 2015
I liked the Kennebunk Rite Aid, however when I transferred to the Wells store, the management was awful, with no regard for families of their employees. My favorite part of this job was customer service.
Kaplan
SENIOR ADMISSIONS ADVISOR, TEAM COORDINATOR (Current Employee), Orlando, FLApril 1, 2015
Kaplan has a good work environment, good job culture. The management tries its best to make Kaplan a good place to work. The hardest part of the is job security and sometimes not knowing if you will have a job six months now.
Teaching become my joy
Instructor - Allied Health (Former Employee), Palm Springs, CAMarch 30, 2015
I enjoyed teaching in a post-secondary education setting. I had a considerable number of English as second language students and took great satisfaction in providing guidance, education, and CPR certification for all of my students.
Working with Kaplan
Admissions Advisor (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 29, 2015
Pros: talking about a persons goals / dreams, establishing lifelong friendships
Cons: when it seems management loses sight of education and focuses on money
Typical Day: Set up computer, make phone calls to potential students, walk them through enrollment process

What I Learned: I can make a difference

Management: Pushes the company agenda

Co-Workers: Awesome

Hardest Part: Failing to meet goals

Most Enjoyable Part: Having a lasting impact on the lives of our students
Good place to be
PT- Allied Health Instructor (Current Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 28, 2015
Pros: Ground days and digital classes are a great balance; all schools should consider
Working for Kaplan has been a great personal experience.

Great Instructors in the Medical Assistant Department. We help one another in all areas not only to help cover a class but also, work well in sharing teaching tools.
Busy fast-paced workplace
Program Director (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Great staff camaderie
Cons: HIgh turn around
I learned so much while working here. Being able to nurture and inspire students to reach their career goals gave me a great sense of accomplishment. This made the job worth it.
Education sales
Associate Director of Admissions (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 25, 2015
Pros: money
Cons: stsdents
nice jobs but it's really telemarketing sales of college degrees. good company benefits are great. hard part: convincing a person to invest thousands of dollars on themselves. perks nice paycheck
Career college student mentality
Instructor (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INMarch 22, 2015
Pros: watching students succeed
Cons: failing students
A typical day consisted of my teaching medical office management to students in a career college. I prepared lessons and created projects. The hardest part of my job was realizing that I could not make all of the students want to be successful. The most enjoyable was watching those who worked hard, succeed. The management was less than supportive when a problem would arise.
Good company, should have spent more time there
Office Clerk in the Placement Department (Former Employee), Palm Springs, CAMarch 20, 2015
Good company, should have spent more time there. lots of money to be made here if you put time in. lots of locations to transfer to as well.
Medical Assistant Instructor - BLS Instructor (Former Employee), Brownsville, TXMarch 20, 2015
Pros: free ceu's
Cons: evening
Kaplan open my doors to the adult education... and I would always thank them for the opportunity the gave me and had trust on me even though I was very young 24yrs old at that time...
Nice group of people to work with....
Senior Advisor - Education Advising (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 19, 2015
Pros: a lot of company sponsored activities, great location for food and shopping.
Cons: hard to move up, most of the advisors have more education than their managers.
Your experience in Education Advising will depend on your manager. I had two managers. One was amazing and made work fun. The micromanaging that is done on a corporate scale is enough to send the sanest person running but the people make the job worthwhile. Great location for food and shopping and Starbucks in the building!
Excellent part time job.
Medical Assistant Instructor (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 11, 2015
Pros: free school tuition for employees
Cons: no benefits
Kaplan is a fun and very busy school, love to teach students and at the same time learn new techniques, and working as a team with other co-workers. Management is very involved in student education and with the productivity of employees as well. I find it challenging to
not be so nice with my students.
Great fun
Work Study Student (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLMarch 10, 2015
I did clerical work after classes. I was a great way to still earn money while being able to focus on school. It was a federal work study.
Fun place to work with
BUSINESS ANALYST (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 9, 2015
really a fun place to work. Situated at heart if NY and roamed around the city with mates for project outing and lunch. Really an awesome experiece.
HIgh Pressure Sales Job
Admissions Advisor, Mentor (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 5, 2015
Pros: recognition, pot lucks
Cons: high pressure sales
This is a sales job. It's decorated to look like you are just an admissions counselor, but if you don't get the sales, you get the can, simply put. The pay is decent and since it's against the law to receive a commission on education, what the for-profit institution does is adjusts your salary every six months to the bracket that best represents your sales last term. To keep this salary you must perform the same. You can always do better and receive an even higher salary. They pay between 30K-60K based on performance.
Federal Work Study
Office Assistant-Federal Work Study (Former Employee), Riverside, CAMarch 2, 2015
Working at Kaplan has helped me a lot career wise. I learned various new skills which can be applicable to my future. Such as: self motivation, writing, computer skills, interpersonal skills, and organizational skills.
Average
Tech Support 2 (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 2, 2015
Pros: the people
Cons: lack of advancement opportunities
It is a call center. It is not unusual to expect a call center not to be "top rated". It has it's good points such as Pay and atmosphere. It has bad points as well such as lack of opportunity and at times, unbalanced expectations.
Kaplan focuses primarily on profits rather than providing a quality education
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee), remote/onlineFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: flexible hours, no commute
Cons: low pay, little opportunity for advancement
The business model at Kaplan is to keep a large corps of part time employees so they can offer lower pay and limited benefits to increase their profit margin. Kaplan, Inc. can afford to increase the pay of its adjuncts because Kaplan, Inc. generates at least $2 billion in net revenues for its parent company (2012 WPO Annual Report). The business model offers relatively low pay for adjuncts, full time faculty, and chairs, but much higher or more commensurate pay for higher administrative personnel.

Many of us adjuncts think this business model is pretty unfair and have tried organizing an adjunct labor union to negotiate better pay and benefits. This was attempted in 2006 and Kaplan, Inc. fought it hard. Kaplan, Inc. is well prepared and structured to resist labor organization. Representatives at several of the national faculty unions are reviewing labor organization for Kaplan, Inc.
Best Career Services
Director of Career Services (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: opportunity
I began my Career at Kaplan as a Career Services Advisor. I was promoted to the first Western Regional Career Development Manager. Once I proved my ability to build the employer relations and increased placement, I was promoted to Director of Career Services.
Great
Checkout Clerk (Former Employee), Dayton, OHFebruary 17, 2015
Kaplan is a great place to work! I loved working there while I was attending their classes. They work with you any way they can and will help you with what ever you need help with.

About Kaplan

Kaplan, Inc., a subsidiary of Graham Holdings Company, is a premier provider of educational services for individuals, schools, – Read more

Kaplan Salaries