Kaplan Employee Reviews

Great people, a bit hectic from online environment
Graduate Sales (Former Employee) –  Boone, NCMay 26, 2016
People and management were great, fun work environment, but being remotely based led to some confusion over priorities and duties
Great experience
Instructor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 25, 2016
I have been working for Kaplan for two years and it has been a good experience. My Faculty Manager communicates well and is always available, the assignments vary; sometimes you have great schools and sometimes you have more challenging schools (students), but overall, it's manageable..
Pros
Work from home
Kaplan University
Paralegal Studies (Current Employee) –  IowaMay 17, 2016
I have been enrolled with Kaplan for almost a year. It has helped me develop skills for my degree and engages its students with its online classroom.
Nice
Product Development Assistant/Wardrobe Manager (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMay 16, 2016
My overall experience at Kaplan was ok. Some Managers were amazing whereas some managers made it difficult to get work done and stressed everyone out. Luckily, I was able to make some very good friends that I am still close to today.
Work Study
Librarian Assistant- Work Study (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAMay 15, 2016
This was a work study which allowed me to work in the school part time while taking classes. It was a great opportunity. I loved the school, the environment and the people. Overall great experience.
Early Learning Company
Key Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, NCMay 12, 2016
Kaplan is a good company to work for, Great management. They do a lot for the community example give to food banks, blood drives.
Great people, great culture
User Experience Designer (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WIMay 9, 2016
I enjoyed working at Kaplan Professional Education. The flexibility of the work and the culture were outstanding. I can't emphasize enough the importance of an investment in user-centered design methodologies in creating customer facing programs and websites.
Co-workers
Finance Manager (Current Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDMay 6, 2016
My co-workers make day-to-day work enjoyable. Departments work well together to make the student experience positive.
Great place to work as a recent college graduate. Not so much afterwards.
Records Auditor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 3, 2016
KU has been a great place to work since I started 3 years ago. The only negative is the lack of job growth, upward mobility, and low pay. I love the friendly environment and the management is fantastic.
Not much room for advancement, but great staff
Medical Assistant Instructor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 1, 2016
Great instructors and co-workers, not much room for advancement.
Management was not readily available. Made it difficult to discuss grievances.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
no advancement opportunities
Fast paced and competitive environment
Finance & Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 22, 2016
During my time at Kaplan I had the opportunity to work directly with the CEO, CFO, Presidents, and Vice Presidents. I was able to get a first had look at how a company with $300 million in revenue is managed and operated. I was involved with the business turnaround phase, and daily financial management of the firm. My Co-workers were all highly educated, motivated, and dedicated people. The hardest part of the job was maintaining profitability through expense management, while sales and revenue were flat. The most enjoyable part of the job was working so closing with executive and C-level management, and learning how to properly run a business.
Number driven corporation
Financial Aid Officer (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 18, 2016
• Continuously updating training to deploy Federal Title IV funding
• Conducting account reviews to ensure timely disbursements and resolution of exceptions
• Receiving quality assurance awards for meeting industry standards multiple times
• Exceeding production quota average of 40 accounts per day; top 1% of department
• Providing training to employees on new processes and policies
Have no comment
Foreign Student Host (Current Employee) –  In homeApril 15, 2016
In a typical day I greet the student, make sure she has breakfast food she can prepare for herself.

I learn a lot about different cultures and customs from the students.

The management has turned over so much I don't know any of them very well.

I have no co-workers.

The hardest part of the job is living on display.

The most enjoyable part of this job is building the relationship.
Pros
New people, they are always kind, they love my cooking
Cons
When I cook dinner and they don't show and forget to let me know
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 8, 2016
I did not like it, it was not ran correctly.There could have been more to do.I think the company as a whole has work to do to grow.
this was education
Student (Former Employee) –  FloridaApril 6, 2016
Kaplan was a great Collage, I did not work at this establishment. I learned many things, how to be a self starter, dedicated and complete the tasks and material provided.
Pros
received my Bachelors Degree
The Best Place to Work!
Professor (Current Employee) –  RemoteApril 6, 2016
The Kaplan University team is supportive, dedicated to their staff, and desires to see students succeed. This is by far the best place I've ever worked!
Pros
Supportive, allows creativity, flexible
Friendly Atmosphere
Enrollment Counselor, Health Sales (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 3, 2016
Kaplan Test Prep is a great place to work... for probably most people. I work in their main call center office here in Orlando, FL. The people you encounter there are incredibly friendly and welcoming and I have had some of the best co-workers. My issue with working there is that the job itself is too repetitive and mindless. Not once have I ever walked in and really felt challenged or excited to be using my skills. I'm sure it's a different experience for others, this is my personal take. They do their best to keep employees engaged but I always found it to be a dull beige atmosphere.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Not challenging
Productive and educational environment.
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, NCMarch 31, 2016
I learned a lot of computer and communication skills. I think the hardest part of the job was the filing because the warehouse got very hot. My co-workers were very enjoyable to be around. They made work more enjoyable for me.
Pros
Long lunches, snack machines
Cons
Short breaks, workplace was hot
Wonderful Workplace
Financial Aide Professional (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta GAMarch 30, 2016
Very relaxed professional atmosphere, where a typical day involved running reports & numbers to ensure everything balanced for the students' accounts. The hardest part was configuring a refund calculation for each student while being compliant with the current government requirements. The most enjoyable part of the job involved helping others attain their goals.
Kaplan University
Senior Admissions Advisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 28, 2016
Enjoyed working with Kaplan. The orientation was very intense and knowlegeable. There was alot of team competition which made working there more interesting. I would work there again.