Kaplan

Kaplan Employer Reviews

Great working environment and people.
Admissions Advisor (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 6, 2014
My time here at Kaplan gives a great experience in working in an advisory roll. I utilize my motivational skills to best assist each prospective student that I get the pleasure of speaking with. I'm responsible for putting together an excellent educational plan based on their needs.
Management is Great... The job...
Admissions Advisor II (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMay 1, 2014
Pros: nice people
Cons: little advancement; no monetary incentives
As an Admissions Advisor you will spend your day calling a pool of leads who have expressed interest in school. The position is not overly difficult and you are the only barrier to your success.

Management in the Orlando office is genuine.

There is very little advancement opportunities and no monetary rewards for being overly successful at your position.
Great learning experience
Health Programs Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 1, 2014
Territory management in an educational service company that gave me an inside look into the medical professional education setting
Instructional Designer and Coordinator
Instructional Designer and Coordinator (Current Employee), Delray Beach, FLMay 1, 2014
As an instructional designer, I complete course updates into Blackboard LMS, and create course catalogs, training documents, and more.
Great environment and opportunities
GMAT Instructor and Content Developer (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 30, 2014
Supportive work environment. Kaplan appreciates its employees.
productive and diverse place to work
nursing assistant (Current Employee), washington dcApril 30, 2014
Pros: free lunches, and cool coworkers
Cons: short breaks
I liked working at Kaplan I enjoyed working there!I learned alt of new tasks. I have hands on experience while I am at work there!
Productive and High Energy Workplace
ADMISSIONS COUNSELOR/ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Plantation, FLApril 24, 2014
Pros: great, fun place to work.
Cons: security is based upon performance; can be stressful
Fun, beautiful work environment with wonderful co-workers and managers.
Great Place to work
Systems Coordinator (Project Manager) (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GAApril 23, 2014
Pros: good employee engagement
Cons: healthcare
If you are an innovator and a team player you will love the fact that you can excel in this organization.
Fast pace environment with well established individuals. Everyone is will to help in any capacity.
Director of Career Services (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLApril 21, 2014
Pros: being able to present new materials to students regarding employment during their class periods
Cons: hearing that a graduate did not land a job.
-Daily activity consists of reviewing placement numbers and making daily, weekly, and monthly goals
-Analyzed hiring trends and market demands to help add programs for the campus
-Monitored department budget and purchased items accordingly
-Met and called potential students to discuss career services and other areas of the school
-Collaborated with – more... Financial Aid, Education, and Admissions to identify new enrollment methods, and discuss financial standings
-Called employers to identify hiring needs and connected them to graduates seeking employment
-Working one on one with students and seeing them land their first jobs after graduate was the most enjoyable part of my job – less
Enjoyable atmosphere with a cafe and dinning area.
Undergraduate Admissions Advisor (Former Employee), Plantation, FLApril 19, 2014
Pros: on campus cafe and consistent job training
Assisted with enrollment processes. Gained knowledge of online admissions operations. Management was fair. I liked working with my co-workers. No difficulties to the job. I appreciated the opportunity of consistent training.
A smaller location provided a "second family" atmosphere amongst management, employees, and faculty--striving for student success.
Financial Aid Counselor (Former Employee), Merrillville, INApril 17, 2014
Working for Kaplan was a pleasant experience. Financial Aid job requirements were standard when comparing to other schools and their job requirements. Working as a team with various departments and meeting with current and new students filled a day and allowed time to fly!
N/A
Senior Military Admissions Specialist (Current Employee), Orlando, FLApril 17, 2014
Kaplan University is not a company to plan on having a long career at, the company is very slow when it comes to moving employees up the ladder to management. There has been zero growth within the company for over four years now.
Fun today and tomorrow you're back to a stressful life.
Admissions Advisor (Former Employee), Plantation, FLApril 15, 2014
Pros: nothing complimentary. work hard for everything.
Very stressful and sales-like work environment. Management is mostly concerned about meeting their enrollment and start numbers. Very high rate of staff turnover which is done in a very discreet manner. Get your enrollments and starts or you're out through the door. No job security.
Kaplan Professional Review
Graphic Designer (Former Employee), La Crosse, WIApril 14, 2014
Pros: great benefits, co-workers, loose dress code
Cons: short breaks, lack of creative environment setting
My typical work schedule was 8:00-5:00, five days a week. I learned about creating eblasts and building well functioning websites. My co-workers were very friendly and helping. My manager taught me the values of organization with files and workload. The hardest part of the job was expanding the creativity in such strict branding guidelines. The most – more... enjoyable part of the job was working close with creative people and learning the strategies of marketing. I was allowed to be myself and give my part to better the department. – less
Unfortunate short lived career due to Phoenix closure.
Registrar (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 11, 2014
Many opportunities to grow personally and professionally.
Good benefits
Admissions Advisor (Current Employee), Orlando, FLApril 11, 2014
Call Center Environment, Supportive Management, Good Compensation, Ability to help others achieve their educational goals is the most rewarding part of the job.
It was a career that was rewarding.
Director of Finance (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLApril 7, 2014
Pros: students and peers
Cons: micromanagement by the corporate office.
My days were non-stop busy but when you are always helping people reach their dreams it makes the work less noticable and more rewarding.
Good Company
Admission Account Manager (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLApril 7, 2014
from the time Ileft almost 8 yrs ago they needed to be more organized.
Love
Lab Assistant (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAApril 7, 2014
Pros: friendly, flexible, warm
I love my job! I just want a night time job to supplement my income
Unstable work environment
Admissions Advisor (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 4, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: unstable environment
Fast pace employer in which leads were not updated. We were expected to contact the same leads daily which was very uncomfortable. They displayed no real empathy towards struggling associates and the turnover rate was high. Although I have a strong sales background, Kaplan did not provide me with any support, beneficial education or significant feedback – more... that would ensure my personal success. – less

About Kaplan

Kaplan will put you to the test. The Washington Post subsidiary is perhaps best known for its test-preparation publications, which – Read more