Kaplan Employee Reviews

Medical Assistant Instructor - BLS Instructor (Former Employee), Brownsville, TXMarch 20, 2015
Pros: free ceu's
Cons: evening
Kaplan open my doors to the adult education... and I would always thank them for the opportunity the gave me and had trust on me even though I was very young 24yrs old at that time...
Nice group of people to work with....
Senior Advisor - Education Advising (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 19, 2015
Pros: a lot of company sponsored activities, great location for food and shopping.
Cons: hard to move up, most of the advisors have more education than their managers.
Your experience in Education Advising will depend on your manager. I had two managers. One was amazing and made work fun. The micromanaging that is done on a corporate scale is enough to send the sanest person running but the people make the job worthwhile. Great location for food and shopping and Starbucks in the building!
Excellent part time job.
Medical Assistant Instructor (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 11, 2015
Pros: free school tuition for employees
Cons: no benefits
Kaplan is a fun and very busy school, love to teach students and at the same time learn new techniques, and working as a team with other co-workers. Management is very involved in student education and with the productivity of employees as well. I find it challenging to
not be so nice with my students.
Great fun
Work Study Student (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLMarch 10, 2015
I did clerical work after classes. I was a great way to still earn money while being able to focus on school. It was a federal work study.
Fun place to work with
BUSINESS ANALYST (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 9, 2015
really a fun place to work. Situated at heart if NY and roamed around the city with mates for project outing and lunch. Really an awesome experiece.
HIgh Pressure Sales Job
Admissions Advisor, Mentor (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 5, 2015
Pros: recognition, pot lucks
Cons: high pressure sales
This is a sales job. It's decorated to look like you are just an admissions counselor, but if you don't get the sales, you get the can, simply put. The pay is decent and since it's against the law to receive a commission on education, what the for-profit institution does is adjusts your salary every six months to the bracket that best represents your sales last term. To keep this salary you must perform the same. You can always do better and receive an even higher salary. They pay between 30K-60K based on performance.
Federal Work Study
Office Assistant-Federal Work Study (Former Employee), Riverside, CAMarch 2, 2015
Working at Kaplan has helped me a lot career wise. I learned various new skills which can be applicable to my future. Such as: self motivation, writing, computer skills, interpersonal skills, and organizational skills.
Average
Tech Support 2 (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 2, 2015
Pros: the people
Cons: lack of advancement opportunities
It is a call center. It is not unusual to expect a call center not to be "top rated". It has it's good points such as Pay and atmosphere. It has bad points as well such as lack of opportunity and at times, unbalanced expectations.
Kaplan focuses primarily on profits rather than providing a quality education
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee), remote/onlineFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: flexible hours, no commute
Cons: low pay, little opportunity for advancement
The business model at Kaplan is to keep a large corps of part time employees so they can offer lower pay and limited benefits to increase their profit margin. Kaplan, Inc. can afford to increase the pay of its adjuncts because Kaplan, Inc. generates at least $2 billion in net revenues for its parent company (2012 WPO Annual Report). The business model offers relatively low pay for adjuncts, full time faculty, and chairs, but much higher or more commensurate pay for higher administrative personnel.

Many of us adjuncts think this business model is pretty unfair and have tried organizing an adjunct labor union to negotiate better pay and benefits. This was attempted in 2006 and Kaplan, Inc. fought it hard. Kaplan, Inc. is well prepared and structured to resist labor organization. Representatives at several of the national faculty unions are reviewing labor organization for Kaplan, Inc.
Best Career Services
Director of Career Services (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: opportunity
I began my Career at Kaplan as a Career Services Advisor. I was promoted to the first Western Regional Career Development Manager. Once I proved my ability to build the employer relations and increased placement, I was promoted to Director of Career Services.
Great
Checkout Clerk (Former Employee), Dayton, OHFebruary 17, 2015
Kaplan is a great place to work! I loved working there while I was attending their classes. They work with you any way they can and will help you with what ever you need help with.
Have more room to grow in the company
Senior Career Service Advisor (Current Employee), Arlington, TXFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: available to work with people
Cons: no room to grow
Coordinates sales effort with all aspects of the Career Services department in helping to make a long-term impact on the future of students and their families including: Career Preparations, Employment Development and Campus Contributions, while working with the Director of Career Services to achieve budgeted objectives, and ensuring school compliance with the state and accreditation regulations relating to job placement.
Data Driven and Innovative Focus
Curriculum Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: forward thinking and high integrity
Cons: unrealistic workload
Fast paced work place that requires the ability to be self motivated, organized and on top of multiple projects at a time.
Working with students/staff
Work Study (Former Employee), Cedar Falls, IAFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: making my own schedule
Cons: could only work part time
I enjoyed helping others and getting them the proper channels when they had questions regarding their status as a student.
Highly productive work environment
Admission Advisor (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 11, 2015
responsible for contacting and interviewing prospects over the phone. job duties performed solely via phone and online.
Enjoyable place to work
IT Technician (Current Employee), Omaha, NEFebruary 10, 2015
Great place to be employed. There is not a day I have worked here that I did not want to come to work. There is always pleasant people here to work with and helping smile.
Great work environment
Admissions Advisor (Former Employee), Ft Lauderdale, FLFebruary 7, 2015
Excellent work environment. They have an amazing 2 week training program that you will gain a lot from. Great place to connect with a mentor to truly show you the ropes and assist you along the way. Management is extremely helpful and motivational. Large cafeteria with great food on campus.
Summary
Advisory Board Member (Former Employee), Winston SalemFebruary 6, 2015
Assist in decisions regarding School of Business and Information Technology budget, student enrollment, retention and graduation rates.
Great Position, very rewarding
Admissions Advisor (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 3, 2015
 Developed and enrolled prospective students in distance learning institution comprised of 70,000 online and campus-based students with 10 locations nationwide offering associates, bachelors, and master’s degrees in education, business, information technology, healthcare, etc.
 Facilitated new campus-based and online student enrollment and retention.
 Generated a yearly average of $2.5 million in tuition revenues, including $ ½ million in personally developed leads.
Unstable atmosphere to work in.
supervisor (Former Employee), Bakersfield,CA.January 26, 2015
Pros: low cost degree for employees
Cons: see above comment
Supervisors are ill equipped to demonstrate leadership and professional behavior.Students are in classrooms where textiles are not available or broken.Areas are filthy and staff is rude.Rats in building.The staff is scattered due to company layoffs every six months on average.There is no follow thru with management.
Headquarters
6301 Kaplan University Ave.
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309