Kaplan Employee Reviews

High paced
Kaplan SAT Instructor (Former Employee) –  Watsonville, CASeptember 12, 2017
Typical day requires you to prepare much in advance to ensure you know the material so you can properly teach it to students. It is a very rewarding experience.
Fun. Exciting
Business Developer (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILSeptember 11, 2017
Kaplan gives you a lot of freedom to accomplish your responsibilities. However, begging on a street corner for students' email addresses gets old. Yes, we're there to help them get to the next level, but most don't want your help and will seek you out when they do.
Lack of balance
Director of Clinical Education (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 10, 2017
At the time; Not enough hospitals for clinical placement. Not enough classrooms for students. Essentially not very well run for an educational venue. Overall not recommended.
Sorry to have left
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 7, 2017
I left Kaplan because I had to relocate to another state but I enjoyed working with the company. I learned a lot was forced to work individually with little to no supervision yet expected to execute with precision.
Atmosphere was not collegiate
Allied Health Medical Assistant Instructor (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 29, 2017
This school required massive reductions in force and subsequent closure due to funding/management issues. The company was sold to other investors after forced closure per Dept.of Education
Changing Culture
Assistant Director of Admissions (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 29, 2017
My experience at Kaplan has been two-fold. My direct coworkers and work environment was very positive. The overall company saw a lot of change in leadership and culture over the past year that led to a many decisions that I did not fully agree with. Additionally, I felt that within those changes, they did not value the accomplishments that individual employees made to the company.
Nice place to work
Business Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAAugust 28, 2017
Quick paced environment with plenty of challenges. Worked with a team of admissions representatives and academic advisers. Great benefits and paid time off.
Kaplan online ripped off it's students
Military Admissions Advisor (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLAugust 24, 2017
The training program told one story but once you hit the floor it was a numbers game and the student was just a number. This was unacceptable to me as i served Military students. They deserved better. I'm still friends with several of my students whom I helped and still do.
Pros
Helping Vets and Active military
Cons
Kaplan did not care about their students, just money
Best call center job
Student experience consultant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 23, 2017
Overall one of the best paying jobs with the best benefits i had while in undergrad. The culture is un-explainable if you've ever worked in a call center before. It's not impersonal . Your cubicle is your cubicle. You work with the same manager and staff every shift, you get email updates weekly and sooner if they are necessary. There are always new things to learn, but it never was too bad because it was always accompanied by formal training. The requesting off issue was my only thing but overall great job experience for anyone who can make it thru the interview process.
Pros
great work envoriment, break freedom, benefits
Cons
scheduling
Great Students; a teacher's dream come true
Faculty (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 22, 2017
Working with students who wish to compete for top colleges is a teacher's dream. The classes are intense but the students are very focused and willing to work. It is very gratifying helping them improve their skills, build confidence and expand their horizons. The pay is not as high as public high school and college professors receive, but the flexibility is much better. It is an ideal part-time job.
Pros
Pick one's own schedule; great students, short-term obligations
Cons
hourly pay rate is low
Nothing to say at this time
Director of Admissions (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 21, 2017
Management knows what happened.. I would rather not say anything negative about anybody and remain professional at all times. Thanks for the opportunity.
Flexible, heavy workload with online classes
Nursing Faculty (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAAugust 20, 2017
Working as an adjunct faculty is flexible, but changes every 10 weeks so no hours guaranteed. As a full time faculty, the schedule is rigorous and the pay is not commensurate with the amount of work that is required when working on a ground campus as well as teaching online. The most enjoyable part of this job was interacting with the nursing students.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Work load and pay
Very accomodating with school schedule
Kaplan Student Advisor (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIAugust 20, 2017
I worked for this company while I attended law school and they were very accommodating with my school schedule. Management was wonderful and helped me learn what I needed to know to do my job effectively.
Pros
Very accomodating with schedule
Fun workplace!
KIC Instructor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 18, 2017
What a wonderful company! I loved teaching here! It is fun to teach, the students are enthusiastic, and the material is interesting! If you are looking for an exciting teaching job in a multicultural environment, this is the place to be.
Very laid back atmosphere and employee centered
Senior Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 16, 2017
Great company to work for with excellent benefits to top it off. Atmosphere is laid back but serious, have to get the job done. Employees are able to interact with management with ease
Pros
Excellent benefits with fun environment
Cons
noe at this time
Tutor and Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 15, 2017
Very flexible, able to make your own schedule and work how many hours you can fit. Was able to work from home which allowed more flexibility. It is a great job for students.
Quality Education
Adjunct Instructor-Criminal Justice (Former Employee) –  Clive, IAAugust 15, 2017
Kaplan provided an excellent learning environment for students. I taught as an adjunct there in the criminal justice department until recently. They provided regular training that helped us assist students. I hope to return there one day when CJ classes increase.
Pros
regular staff training
Called for students potentially to attend Kaplan U online
Admissions Advisor / Enrollment Counselor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 14, 2017
Nice enough place to work. Making cold calls was not easy but you get used to the rejections or it was not the place for you. It was generally trying to sell the benefits of your school to all others.
Tutor
Tutor (Former Employee) –  North Hollywood, CAAugust 9, 2017
Tutored underclassmen. Students were very responsive to lessons. Improvement of grades were seen quickly.
Also, helped around the lab preparing practicals for next day and organizing materials for teachers and students to use.
Welcome to Kaplan
ADMISSIONS COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 9, 2017
Kaplan was amazing at first, but then it quickly got ugly. The harder you work the more they throw at you while others do nothing. The pay and hours were great. The students were even better than the benefits, but the college did not always do right by them.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
drama, favoritism, and work/life balance is non existent

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kaplan. Our community is ready to answer.