Kaplan Employee Reviews in United States

High Stress
Academic Advisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 6, 2016
environment not at all like a school more like a sales firm. It is a lot of pressured. Academic advisor has to behave like robots when dealing with the students.
Pros
ok benefits
Cons
everything else
Great people to work with, ethical and responsible company.
FACULTY MANAGER OF GGLPC/MDOP/TUTORING PROGRAMS (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 2, 2016
I love this company, there is a culture of support and embracing of change.
I work from home, with a flexible schedule where I can take 2 hours for lunch or to go to a doctor appointment and my manager doesn't even want to know, as long as I've addressed issues and taken care of my day to day responsibilities.
I've learned that I am an awesome employee. Through the care and appreciation of management, I have gained confidence in my skills and I am ready to move on to greater things.
I thought the best part of my job was being at home an not being around people in an office, and I truly miss it, it has become a very hard part of my job not seeing my wonderful co-workers in person.
My co-workers are the best I've ever worked with.
The satisfaction of helping students and knowing at the end of the day I've made a difference.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
I have hit a ceiling on pay and advancement. I would love to stay, but I don't make a living wage.
Kaplan Review
Medical Assistant Instructor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 2, 2016
I enjoyed working with our students. Seeing the lives of so many changed for the better gave such joy. I really enjoyed being a part of making a difference.
Pros
Pay is great and you are able to help change lives
Cons
management and overall moral of staff
Education
Adult Senior Admissions (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 28, 2016
This was a fun place to work in. Assisted high as well as adults continue on with their education. Was very much a family atmosphere.
Pros
Excellent perks
Cons
short breaks.
fair
Faculty Member (Current Employee) –  RemoteJanuary 28, 2016
Faculty member teaching nursing. I teach various classes and serve on committees. Teaching is valuable but I would like to work clinically as well.
Well Meaning but falls short
Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 26, 2016
Strong desire to do well, but falls short. Everyone believes in the mission - education, but get lost in the details. Disconnect between leadership goals and actual capabilities.
Good opportunity to work on personal skills
Student Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  South Royalton, VTJanuary 25, 2016
Tabling once a week

Sells bar prep courses, product demonstrations, free merchandise give away, etc.

Regional director visits once a month to evaluate sales record, train, meet with potential customers.
Fun place to work yet low pay and benefits
Instructor 3 (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CAJanuary 23, 2016
Location management and staff have been great to me and I enjoy the work. The chance for advancement monetarily and professionally is quite limited, however.
Tense environment in all departments
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJanuary 20, 2016
Management would micro-managed employees without any leadership or inspiration. The hardest part of the job was getting excited about starting the day performing duties since the day started with daily stand up meetings that were mostly negative and drag down the team morale. The director at the time would make racist remarks about students and made the employees uncomfortable with such remarks including offending employees.
Pros
Decent Salary.
Cons
Negative environment for employees and students.
Boring, but good benefits
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 18, 2016
Workdays can be repetitive as you are specialized heavily to perform the same task over and over. The health insurance is nice and, if you are young and looking to advance your career, the opportunities to earn free scholarships for Master degrees or other certifications is actually an amazing opportunity. The office atmosphere is really young, too.

I would recommend Kaplan for young college graduates looking for a first job and staying 1-2 years.. But nobody wants to make a career of it.
Pros
Free food, health insurance, college scholarships, good location
Cons
Limited opportunities for advancement, no flex scheduling, limited work from home opportunities
challenging
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Salida, CAJanuary 13, 2016
challenging,productive,dealing with the public, great resource thru the company,positive attitude for each team player
A Good Place To Work
Financial Aid Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 8, 2016
Kaplan University is a good work environment with supportive staff. The hours are desirable and the benefits package is one of the better ones that I have had in the workplace.
Opportunity for Problem Solving
Financial Aid Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 8, 2016
Troubleshooting a high number of issues that arise and creating contingencies for solving current issues. I learned how to identify errors and issues with reports/tools as well as process flows. Being able to positively impact both was the most rewarding and gratifying part of the job. Effectively improving processes and also eliminating wasteful steps increased productivity and decreased errors.
school
Director of Education/ Interim Executive Director (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 6, 2016
Great place to work. Great management and great benefits. Work there for over 6 years and met some great people and great students. Would recommend this company to anyone as a great company to work for.
Pros
pays for education
Cons
locations
Fun place to work
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJanuary 6, 2016
Managed a team of seven. Reconciled federal funds. Performed audits for schools every year. Assisted in making sure students were paid in a timely manner.
Pros
loved co workers. great team. understood my job
Cons
upper management
Students First
Hybrid Admissions Representative/Outreach (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAJanuary 5, 2016
Kaplan was a great company to work for. The compensation, and benefits were some of the best and the work environment was terrific.
Helped students get information
Campus Representative (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 4, 2016
Very good company. Very interested in the well being of the students and offered free events often. Good company to work for
Great Place
Premier Admission Representative (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 4, 2016
If you want to assist students with furthering their education, it's a great place. Hardest part is knowing that numbers affect your business performance, when at the end of the day it is the student that fails to comply with standards that are set forth.
Pros
Great environment, great people
Cons
long work hours, including weekends
Good
Instructor for NCLEX-RN (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 2, 2016
Taught RN NCLEX review courses to new graduates or those nurses who had let their license expire and were having to take the boards again
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
no classes when I could teach
Very professional
massage therapist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 28, 2015
Very professional outpatient physical therapy company. I was able to learn and get certified in industrial work hardening and work conditioning programs, while performing FCEs. Met a ton of great patients and miss my fellow co-workers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kaplan. Our community is ready to answer.