Kaplan

Kaplan United States Employee Reviews

Good place to start your career
Admissions Advisor III (Current Employee), St. Louis, MONovember 18, 2014
Pros: great people to work with and a great place to work out of college
Cons: you will hit a ceiling and the only way to get promoted is to relocate
Great place to work for a while but you will hit a ceiking and the only way to advance is to relocate.
Motivating High School students to further their education and helping them along in the process.
High School Development and Recruitment specialist (Former Employee), Baltimore City, MDNovember 17, 2014
Pros: learned how to effectively manage my time.
Cons: salary
Through motivational speaking techniques along with training I had acquired as a teacher and business owner I was able to help students to realize their educational dreams as well as be the lead in the most successful recruitment team on the East coast for Kaplan Higher Education/TESST College. The best part of my job was watching and reaching the students along with creating long lasting partnerships with professional educational staff.
Hope you like Cold Calling
Admissions Representative (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXNovember 14, 2014
Pros: competitive
Cons: cut throat and mostly unprofessional
Your typical day includes arriving at work, having a morning meeting regarding goals. Get on calls about 100 phone calls a day. Make appointments, hope and wait for appointments to show. If they don't get back on the phone and find out why. If a student doesn't sign up, be ready for your accountability meeting to indicate why you couldn't close the deal. Stressful and exhausting, long hours, coming in on your days off. Coming in and making calls on the holidays or Sundays also.
Nice place
IT Contract & Licensing Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 14, 2014
Nice place. Nice place. Nice place. Nice place. Nice place. Nice place. Nice place. Nice place. Nice place. Nice place. Nice place. Nice place. Nice place. Nice place.
Very productive
Research Clerk (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXNovember 14, 2014
I only worked here for a short time however I learned a lot in that brief span.
I've enjoyed my time here.
Nursing Admissions Team Lead (Current Employee), San Diego, CANovember 8, 2014
I've enjoyed working for this company. Hours are flexible and I enjoy meeting with potential students that are interested in furthering their education with us.
Kaplan University
Admissions Advisor/ Team Lead/ Call Center Manager (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLNovember 7, 2014
This is one of the best companies I have ever worked for. They have a great work/balance system in place for their employees and they managers care about the employees.
Educating future healthcare professionals.
PUBLIC HEALTH FACULTY APPOINTMENTS (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 5, 2014
Conduct graduate-level courses in Cultural Diversity in Public Health, Current Health Issues for Health Educators and undergraduate-level courses in Health Disparity, Diseases of the Human Body, Academic Strategies for Healthcare Professionals, and Anatomy and Physiology.

Challenge thinking, foster debate and develop the ability of students to engage in critical discourse and rational thinking.
It a School
Full Time Student (Former Employee), Davenport, IaNovember 5, 2014
Pros: online
Cons: lack of communication with professors
Your not going to get paid to go to school, so therefore that is why I Gave those stars.
I have learned a lot by going to school there.
Beware
May 2008- April 2009 (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 3, 2014
Pros: good company good pay and good benefits room for growth
Cons: very strict policies, management very unprofessional
good company good pay and good benefits room for growth but Beware very strict policies, management very unprofessional
Fun Work enviornment
Dental Assistant Instructor (Former Employee), Stockton, CANovember 1, 2014
The location shut down, and I had to seek other employment. I enjoyed working with the students to educate them and prepare them for the office and helping the dentist and staff achieve the ultimate patient experience.
Education
Dental Assistant Student (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXOctober 28, 2014
Going good so far. I am learning a lot about the industry and look forward to getting a job soon!
school
school (Former Employee), lincolnOctober 28, 2014
i have not miss a class in my 6 months there
I love being here
fun times

Great company to work for, in helping others towards accomplish their career goals
Senior Career Service Advisor (Current Employee), Arlington, TXOctober 23, 2014
I would like to have more opportunities to advance in the company
Enjoyable
Medical Assistant Instructor (Former Employee), Midland, TXOctober 22, 2014
Did not feel secure in my job. However there was benefits of furthering education if you wanted to. Life balance was good.
Did not like the computer based, self paced study.
Enjoyed the students and co-workers
Dental Assistant (Current Employee), Corpus Christi, TXOctober 21, 2014
Great School. Great programs. Very successful graduation rate.
Great place
Student work study (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXOctober 15, 2014
Great work environment with hard working co workers each focused on the goal of helping to provide a successful educational environment for students attending campus
Family oriented workplace
Externship Administrative Coordinator-ADCS (Former Employee), Beaumont, TXOctober 15, 2014
Kaplan works to ensure employees have a safe and compliant work environment.
Kaplan
Instructor/Department Head (Former Employee), Boston, MAOctober 13, 2014
Pros: approacability
Management was fabulous, the owner of the school was also the director, he was fantastic, cared about the students, staff and faculty
An Encouraging and Supportive Place to Work
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 13, 2014
I've really enjoyed the encouraging and supporting environment that is provided at Kaplan University. The employee training is outstanding. Our management staff works hard to help you in any way possible!

About Kaplan

Kaplan will put you to the test. The Washington Post subsidiary is perhaps best known for its test-preparation publications, which – Read more

Kaplan Salaries