Kaplan Employee Reviews

Productive and work environment was decent
Admissions Advisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 1, 2016
Worked at Kaplan as an admissions advisor for over 2 years. Completed my Masters degree in Health Administration. Volunteered each qaurter with the United Way. Maintained a great work relationship with employers.
Pros
Good Benefits, Great People
Cons
Sales Goals, Repetitive
Exciting job working with non-traditional students
Assistant Program Director/Practicum Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDNovember 1, 2016
Kaplan is a place where you have the guidance you need but also the freedom to teach creatively. The senior leadership and staff are amazing to work with. This is a great place to work!
Pros
Flexible Schedule, nice benefits, feel valued
Cons
problems that come from working in a for profit university
Productive Number driven environment
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 21, 2016
ability to relate to student
management
answering calls and making calls for a today of 8 hours per day
updating files
communicating with different departments to make sure the application is being processed successfully
transferring calls
uploading documents
collecting documents
being very organized
poor quality expensive price
Medical Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  studentOctober 19, 2016
The charge way too much and you don't learn much. Then when you graduate you have a hard time finding a job. Have to take student loans
Kaplan was interesting
Dental Assisting Externship Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 16, 2016
Kaplan had great pay, good benefits, but they worked you to death! I loved the free education that I received.
Loved working with the students.
The management left something to be desired, they wanted you to do your job, and anything else that you could do. I taught 2 classes a day with approximately 24 students in each class, any assignment you gave you had 48 papers to grade! So not just a 9-5 job! But I loved it and still hear from my former students. Hours are long, I was usually gone from home about 12-14 hours a day.
Pros
Free college education
Cons
Long hours, babysitting students (adults)
Not Bad
Admissions Advisor (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLOctober 9, 2016
The salary and environment at Kaplan Are nice. Because of gainful employment and the business of Online Universities suffering, it's slowly but surely killing the business. Online schooling as a whole is suffering. Kaplan treated me well tho.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Online Schooling Declining
Director of Education (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 6, 2016
Always updating curriculum and making changes as needed. The management at some locations do not deliver customer service or engage in students.
Pros
Good education and training
Cons
Management team does not engage students
Good short term, bad long term position
LSAT Course Instructor & Tutor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 3, 2016
I have been teaching for Kaplan for 3 years and my experience has been gradually getting worse. I have never gotten a raise or even qualified for a review despite having very good experiences with my students who seemed to like me a lot and whose scores improved. It seems to me that the company is not as concerned as it should be with keeping experienced and valuable instructors on board. In addition to the pay issue, management has been less helpful and responsive than they were when I began teaching 3 years ago. I have also had to spend more time than necessary dealing with IT issues just to access platforms necessary to do my job. Overall, it was a good experience and I enjoyed teaching very much, but I found that the company does not adequately support its instructors and they did not reasonably review me so that I might qualify for a raise.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
Pay, review process
Not hard but not easy
Senior Admissions Advisor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 30, 2016
You need to talk to people but be personable and probe. You can do all you can but you work with what you get. If you do not achieve a goal you could loose your job.
Pros
flexable scheduale
Cons
Job security
The job is supportive of education and family interests
Financial Aid Officer I (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLSeptember 28, 2016
My job duties consist of redundancy and can be boring at times, however because of my fabulous coworkers, and my manager at times, we provide each other with "commercial breaks" by sharing an experience or a joke during different parts of the day. The best part of my job is not being responsible for anything extra when I am out of the office. It seems when you are off or on vacation, work piles up and nobody does anything for you, but with the job duties that I have, productivity is based on when you are present at work.
Pros
Benefits are good
Cons
Low pay
Opportunity for Improvement
Lead Education Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Concord, NHSeptember 26, 2016
Lead generation, lead outreach and interviewing prospective students. Could have provided better opportunities for advancement with more qualified management individuals.
Cutthroat Call Center
Admissions Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 23, 2016
Typical call center environment. Must meet quotas. No opportunity for advancement. Supervisors not concerned with helping first line employees with career advancement.
9 years no loyalty
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  VirtualSeptember 20, 2016
They treat adjuncts poorly, will stop offering courses and not tell you. Started out with 3 courses, then cut to 2, then 1, now every other term if that a course is offered. No follow through on their policies such as giving a stipend for courses that don't run last minute....no notification that it will not run. A token low-enrollment (low pay) course is thrown your way to just keep you in the pool.

Many years of dedication and you could be done....but they wont tell you.

Serious decline in all aspects over the years.
Pros
Cons
Declining big time from employee perspective
No Job Security, Bad Place to Work
Admissions Advisor (Current Employee) –  Plantation, FLSeptember 19, 2016
Admissions at Kaplan University provides little to no job security. Even worse, management plays favorites according to who is liked/disliked by them.
productive and fun workplace
Financial Aid Officer (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 8, 2016
It a wonderful place to work.College is expensive — but not if you are employed in higher education. The tuition benefits alone are hard to beat.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Fast Paced/ No down time
Not a good place to work
School Director (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 2, 2016
The organization grew too fast and too much for the infrastructure and management to handle resulting in many missed opportunities, high turn-over rate, and fragile job security.
Pros
Pay is decent
Cons
Management can not handle the load
A great place to work
Admissions Specialist, Core Admissions (Current Employee) –  Plantation, FLAugust 31, 2016
This company believes in what it was created to do - enroll students in programs which will ultimately enhance their career goals. I am happy to be a part of this process.
Nice place
SFDC Developer/Admin (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 30, 2016
It was great environment to work!!Nice implementation of salesforce modules and learned a lot from a team and implemented self knowledge !!innovative,nice team work!!
Very productive and challenging work palce
Military Admissions Advisor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 29, 2016
I start the day before: anything pending at the end of the day takes priority first thing in the morning, after daily am tasks and meeting with my supervisor. Then I follow through with the tasks needed to be done that day, as well as anything else that comes up. By the end of the day, I make up a to-do list for tomorrow, clean up my desk, and set out the pending things next to my list to tackle them first thing in the morning.
Greeter
GREETER (Former Employee) –  Cedar Falls, IAAugust 29, 2016
It is a great company to work for They want to see every one succeed regardless of your responsibility within the company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kaplan. Our community is ready to answer.