Kaplan Employee Reviews in United States

Outgoing staff with unified agenda
Campus Brand Representative (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYDecember 22, 2015
Reaching out to students and any other interested parties in regards to a variety of graduate school exam options through training obtained knowledge on products
Pros
Lenient hours, independent working
Cons
Minimal hours
A fun place that helps make an impact.
Student Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORDecember 22, 2015
I really enjoy working here. I think that there is a great culture between all of the different employees and staff. More so, it seems as though Kaplan is just one big family.
I love the feeling of impacting other students lives through education. I have learned and grown a lot from this job.
Some Good some bad
Financial Aid Officer II/Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 14, 2015
Schedule and work life balance is great but job security was horrible the entire time I worked there. Also the pay was not what the job advertised
There is no diversity in the workplace nor room for advancements. Management advances base on who you know and not accomplishments or experience.
Sr. Admission's Counselor (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDDecember 11, 2015
Poor management from the President and Managers were the results of employees resigning, therefore, that revolving door was very prominent at Kaplan. In addition, Kaplan did not practice diversity and their hiring practices were very disdain. There were several complaints regarding Kaplan which affected its student retention: non recognition of their employees, consequently affected productivity; tuition was extremely high; Kaplan did not provide growth opportunities for their employees as well. While education was free for employees, many employees as well as myself would rather pay at a traditional university due to the incompetence of the Executive staff at the university.
Kaplan College of Beaumont
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXDecember 9, 2015
Working at Kaplan College was a great experience for me, it allowed me to show guidenance to students of all ages wanting to further their education.
A online university
Administrative Advisor (Former Employee) –  Cypress Creek, FLDecember 3, 2015
My everyday tasks included changing peoples lives. I would first prob to find out what the prospect student has been through and what they want to get from school. Then encourage them to enroll to start the journey. I would walk them through the whole enrollment process including with their financial aid to make sure they felt comfortable and excited to go to school.
Pros
changing peoples lives
Cons
managment was poor
Fun place to work as an educator
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 1, 2015
Kaplan College was a wonderful place to express and implement technologies information in class and lab projects. The student/teacher ratio was super.
Full Time Student
Environmental Policy and Management (Current Employee) –  Scott AFB, ILNovember 25, 2015
Kaplan has allow me an interdisciplinary opportunity to study environmental issues and policy by exploring the interrelationship between public and private sectors.
Pros
Recieving and educations
Cons
Seeking emplyment. Not currently working
Positive learning, Negative administration
Professional Student (Former Employee) –  Kaplan UniversityNovember 22, 2015
What made the learning experience at Kaplan successful were the instructors. I learned so much more than what was in a book by having instructors that actually worked in the they were teaching. It was very enlightening to have not only text book cases but also past cases to help with understanding of the subject matter. The administration on the other hand was very chaotic. They were not trained well in registration nor in the financial aspect. I never knew what my loans were and who they were through and was never given a total amount of my loans until graduation. When registering for classes, the counselors were not helpful in figuring out prerequisites to courses which led to some courses taking longer. There was no preplanning process done to ensure you took your classes in a timely and time conscious manner.
Pros
Instructors
Cons
Administration
ok
Private Investigator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 12, 2015
very hands on school dedicated to students,unsure about the success rate and being able to have a career since im still looking in my field
Pros
hands on
Cons
some courses is it accredited
Flexible workplace that allows for direct and rewarding interaction with students/customers
ACT Instructor (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MINovember 10, 2015
Good job for those that like to teach/the teaching process.
Good job for those looking for additional hours on top of another part-time/full-time position.
Not a good job for those looking for full-time employment.
Despite less hours than other positions, the pay rate is competitive.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Low hours
Wonderful People and positive environment
Rather not say (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 2, 2015
This has been the best company that I have worked.
The people are really nice and the atmosphere is about learning. I have come to appreciate working with others as here it is an enriching experience even when people are under pressure.
It was good
File Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 2, 2015
Working at Kaplan College was just temporary assignment. They hired student who were n a financial hardship while going to school. I learned how to scan and email documents to the proper recipient's. The most difficult part of the job was trying to locate documents for records that were needed and were not there. Working with the people there was good. They did train you properly and were accommodating with work hours.
Pros
Employee support
Cons
not enough hours
Pretty Good
Military Admissions Advisor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 1, 2015
Excellent environment, good people. Management often launches new projects a little to early without thoroughly working out the kinks.
Great area where work ethic is appreciated
ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR (Current Employee) –  Fort LauderdaleOctober 24, 2015
Same as prior , except this time created a Sharepoint tech grading system which impacted & drove leadership to 'coach' their players & increase employee engagement.
Pros
Fun, positive
Cons
Growth
excelent teachers
student (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXOctober 21, 2015
this school has excelent teachers. they give attention to all the students equally. They have short corses and help with job placement.
Good Company for advancement
Education Advising Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 20, 2015
Nice company to work for though there is always changes, I would recommend Kaplan for a person that would like to advance though the company is struggling with lowered enrollments making the positions not very stable.
Pioneers in Online Education
Project Manager / Leader (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, flOctober 19, 2015
Amazing amounts of talent and industry knowledge within the teams, always looking and investing in the students success.
Everything is on the phone....
Financial Aid Officer - Military (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLOctober 18, 2015
Kaplan truly care about their students, but everything is done over the phone at my sight. I would have been good to have some face to face interaction...
Growth Opportunity
Financial Aid Officer/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 18, 2015
Besides the salary, the only issue I had with the company was the difficulty I experienced trying to advance. However, the problem could have been just me.
Pros
Not a bad work atmosphere