Kaplan Employee Reviews

Great school but program didn't work.
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 9, 2017
UEI has the distincion of maintaining the best medical program in San Diego county. Their computer technician program did not do so well, but that was not due to a lack of support. Their main competitor was less than 2 blocks away!
Pros
Very good managment and staff.
Cons
School renews itself every 3 years.
Intense quota based sales
Senior MilitaryAdmissions Advisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 9, 2017
Kaplan was not a friendly place---everyone was concerned about meeting their sales goal every month for fear of losing their job---constant tension--always being tested
Dropping Enrollment
Online Instructor (Former Employee) –  onlineAugust 9, 2017
Enrollment is dropping, so it is very difficult to get classes. There is quite a bit of work involved in teaching here compared to other online universities. It has just been bought Purdue University, so hopefully good changes are coming.
Pros
Team culture
Cons
Scheduling
n/a
Student Advisor (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, ME 04240August 8, 2017
I enjoyed my job and time spent at Kaplan University it was a great learning opportunity for me, that i can take to other organizations. Overall, it was a good experience.
Needs a retooling .. Managers out of touch with Employees
Admissions Advisor (Current Employee) –  Ft. Lauderdale, FLAugust 5, 2017
I love the work, helping students find a program.. excellent online platform.. fun to work with students. Management is a big group of friends who are out of touch with employees and the current PE system is unrealistic for most and creates a culture of ruling by fear/losing your job.
Kaplan employment
Associate Director of Admissions (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 3, 2017
Horrible environment. Management believed in instilling fear in the employees. Layoffs a few times of year, so no job security. Work life balance is not so good either...only if you move to the top opportunities of working from hom.
online Kaplan
Online Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  onlineAugust 2, 2017
It is very difficult to keep up the pace with Kaplan University when emergencies arise. There are no substitutes and rules your life. The job needs more flexibility. There is a significant amount of flexibility for the students, but not the professors.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
salaries never seem to increase and you cannot rely on classes being offered.
Business Office & Learning Resource Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 30, 2017
Kaplan was a fantastic employer. The management and team there was great, tight knit and worked very well together. The employees were treated with respect from management and the students were first.
Adjunct Online Professor (Current Employee) –  OnlineJuly 30, 2017
Kaplan University is a good place to work - streamlined courses to help faculty and excellent Online Conferences for faculty as well as solid training.
Student worker
Use Microsoft Office Suite for data entry (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJuly 24, 2017
Upon arriving in the mornings, I would log into a PC, find and post jobs to job board for students, would help director o career services with updating bulletin boards of current events, and at times I would call current students on reminders such as approaching deadlines to retrieve their caps and gowns for graduation.

Want to know more about Kaplan?

Ask a question
Solid place to work
Associate Director of Admissions (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 22, 2017
Great Management team, skilled employee, good paid and benefits package. I worked at Kaplan for for 8 years and enjoyed my employers and my employees.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Layoffs
Fun Work Environment
Admissions Advisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 22, 2017
If you're lucky to have a great management team, this job is a dream! Great benefits. Tuition reimbursement. Opportunity for growth. Expectations are high.
it was my education
Certified Tutor (Former Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IAJuly 22, 2017
I became a tutor because i wanted others to learn and obtain the information they needed to improve their future.
I helped in many different aspects of the company including organizing events and conducting the online orientation
I enjoyed doing that type of work
a very relaxed place to work
Facilities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJuly 21, 2017
insured buildings where checked for any repairs needed.
Management was very capable in helping with problems that came up through the day.
Connecting with students was a positive feel.
Volunteering at the Food Bank was great
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH 45203July 20, 2017
Started off as a Student , graduated in the Medical Assistant Program which landed me a job with the company, and I love helping people and meeting new students along the way, I don't have any small children so the journey was a learning process for me and this was a great Company to work for. A typical day was challenging day each and every minute helping others, making people smile and handling the business.
not bad
Admissions Advisor (Current Employee) –  Cypress Gardens, FLJuly 20, 2017
Pay is OK. Work is not complicated. Interview process was painless. Professional co-workers. Free parking. Café on premises. Lunch is one hour. Time off is great.
Change for the better??
Education Advisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 19, 2017
Great people in advising. There was immense pressure to keep students at all costs. When I worked at Kaplan they were a for profit. They are now owned by Purdue University. Not sure what the future holds
Extremely stressful and under-staffed work environment
Administrative (Current Employee) –  Urbandale, IAJuly 19, 2017
hostile work environment with little support upper management. Not transparent with employees - many lay-offs during my tenure which causes lots of stress. Always told to work harder with less.
I really miss this place
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 18, 2017
Overall, this place gave me all of the education that I could absorb. the instructors were amazing. the environment in general was filled with people wanting to learn.
Pros
the experience
Cons
it is now closed
Typical Call center
Level 1 Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 16, 2017
There was not much team work being presented or taught, not open for new ideas. Management was not very approachable and HR was not very approachable as well.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kaplan. Our community is ready to answer.