Kar Auction Services

Kar Auction Services Employee Reviews

Fast Paced
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INFebruary 4, 2016
I loved working for this company. They are active in adding on more work but not compensating their employees. they are famous for mandatory overtime. I would work 50-60 hour a week and still be far behind, no one to help. Team leads who were lazy. Management too busy to assist as well.
Goal oriented, team player, and energetic enviornment.
inside sales representative (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 18, 2016
My day's at the auction consisted of always going the extra mile to keep our customers happy. Meeting new customers was almost a weelky thing that kept the work load big and days go faster.

I was always learning new things from my supervisors because they were team players and took the time to show me how to do something correctly instead of telling me. I also learned how to communicate effectively with individuals from both very large and small companies.

While me being the only Spanish speaker in the office was a constant struggle with so many cutomers it was also one of the position's I have liked the most because I enjoyed helping people make money.
Pros
Auto discounts, PTO
Cons
32 hour work week, 45 mile commute
I am Legend, They are Immortals
manager (Former Employee) –  New YorkJanuary 6, 2016
I am legend and very great person to work with they were loyal with me at start then they start losing there strings and they lose me. Thats how it all started in 1909. I and my father started this compnay
Cons
“So Technologically Backwards It Defies Belief! ”
Dealer Sales and Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 3, 2016
They are technologically about 15-20 years behind Manheim (their largest competitor) and they don't care. I was a Sales Manager there and my desktop computer still had a 3 and a 1/2 inch floppy drive THAT STILL WORKED! You will receive 50 emails a day, but your drive has no room, so have to delete 50 emails a day<--this is a royal pain! They still use Blackberrys!!! And the managers DO NOT CARE if technology is hindering your performance! On my first day I was handed a Gateway notebook from about the year 2000. I gave it back to them and said, "I'll just use my own." I was laughing so hard when I walked away.

And training? The training program is a pat on the back and a, "Go git 'em tiger!" I kid you not, that IS your training! Empty promises!

They will promise you the world to recruit you and maybe deliver on about 10%. When confronted about the promises the reply is, "Ah, we can't do that anymore."

This place is a joke! Manheim absolutely NOTHING to worry about.
Pros
I can't think of any pros--I hated every minute I worked there.
Cons
Managers do not have your back--you are on your own!
productive and enjoyable work place
Quality Control Analyst (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INDecember 31, 2015
It's exciting to be part of a company that is delivering winning solutions to customers and growing like crazy. People are encouraged to innovate and we steadily adopt new technologies that help us move faster and improve the experience of those using our solutions. The company is willing to invest in new technologies where it makes sense.The work is fast paced combined with a high level of attention to detail.

Management is trying hard to provide a high-performing team culture and seems to really care about being the employer of choice.
bad work enviroment
SLAVE ... can't find a better definition (Former Employee) –  San DiegoDecember 14, 2015
save yourself headaches and time, go somewhere else.
worst management.ever no team work management not fit nor qualified for work environment.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
the worst management I've ever come across, bad working conditions
productive low pay hard work
Detail cars (Former Employee) –  Moody, ALDecember 3, 2015
Very hard work sometimes long hours pay is not the best I personally don't think the pay is worth the work. they have got more strict with being on time cell phones .
Go else where
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Acton, MANovember 16, 2015
Bad pay, no raises, no team players, slave labor. Long hours in all climates short lunches. Management just sits around playing on personal phones, never helps with questions or concerns you may have
Adela Raleigh -avoid this place
employee (Current Employee) –  United StatesOctober 30, 2015
No team playing
Very clicky -high school mentality
Upper Management is untrustworthy and has own agenda
Customer service is the worst
Pros
Commission is good if achieved
Cons
Work environment upper management customer service
Don't do it
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZOctober 10, 2015
Management has no idea what there doing including VP and up.lets raise the bar 30% and see if anyone makes money. Before Adesa inquired Openlane it was hands down the best company I have ever worked for. CEO Cared about his employees, pay was great couldn't ask for a better company to work for. Good job Adesa way to crash and burn.
Pros
Great people to work with.
Cons
Horrible pay, horrible write ups that don't make any sense even manager don't have a clue what its about, also management needs help.
Non responsive managment
Automotive Ispector (Former Employee) –  Solon, OHOctober 1, 2015
Came to work for them when they bought the previous company DataScan whom I had been with for 10 awesome years. Management misled us as to the changes that were to come. When they began assigning me work that resulted in a 50% reduction in my income I refused and was fired.

I really miss this job most fun I ever had and the greatest coworkers imaginable. We worked as a team and got the job done.
Pros
awesome coworkers
Cons
inept management
Growing Company with Delivery of Great Customer Service
IT Site Director / Marketing Director (Former Employee) –  Cicero, NYSeptember 25, 2015
I managed all the hardware and software at the Cicero Sites. This included management of all PCs (WIN7 - upgrade 2014) as well as Phone systems (Nortel/Avaya). Telecommunications experience daily dealings. I learned many new network related items, involving installing (solely) Juniper switches, with hardware replacements, as well as Nortel server monitoring and adjustments. Coding of Servers for printing and faxing and scanning. The hardest part of the job was the constant buy in from individual end users receiving the support my job entailed directly. I was very good with this balance though. I loved the freedom of Learning while on the job. The people I worked with were excellent. Management was understanding. I would work for them again if not already employed and helping/supporting another company.
Pros
Business Casual - Nice for the ins and outs of direct repair
Cons
N/A
OK place to work if you want no life outside of work
Reconditioning Manager (Former Employee) –  MercerSeptember 19, 2015
I was a manager of detail and mechanic shops.the detail shops are pretty much sweat shops where employees are expected to meet impossible demands and deadlines. There were times where myself as a manager would have to work 60 plus hours straight without sleep or being able to go home due to cars arriving late, over scheduling by sales staff, employee call offs etc. there were times I would have to cover 4 or 5 other employees jobs and still try to do my own job. Upper management is aware of problems in the shops but does not care, does not return emails or phone calls requesting additional help or notifying them of equipment break downs or any other problems you encounter. The worst part of the job was the condition of the cars we had to detail and finding people willing to do that kind of work. The best part of the job was i was paid a decent salary but with the hours I had to put in, having to work while i was sick because I had no back up to cover for me and the vacation time I lost because I was not able to take time off (paid time off is use it or lose it and is not carried over from one year to the next) it wasn't worth sacrificing my health and dedicating my life to. When i took the time to calculate what i was actually making per hour with all the time I had to put in the money really wasn't that great.
Pros
lots of vacation time, sick days
Cons
not being able to use vacation days or sick days because I had to pretty much live there.
Childish
Customer Connection (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZAugust 27, 2015
Working as Customer Connection was good, however the team was childish, back stabbing and talked behind your back. I have never worked with a company that the manager was located in a different state and only came to the office for 3-4 days a month IF THAT. Management listened to their"favorites"instead of taking to you first. If you don't kiss butt your not going anywhere! Don't trust anyone!!
Pros
1hr lunches
Cons
No "teamwork".. Everyone for themselves
ok fun place to work
Vehicle Operator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 14, 2015
Although this is a fun place to work and the management is great this is an outside only job. If you can deal with the heat and the cold and not make very much doing it this is the company for you.
Non productive environment and horrible people
Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INAugust 10, 2015
A typical day working at Kar was horrible. It is MANDATORY that you are logged in to your phone all day unless you have special permission otherwise and you have to tally EVERY single thing you do. I learned how to not get so angry about small things and I became a lot more tolerant of others' actions. The management was typically nice but they were underhanded and low just like the rest of the company. There was such a chain of command that you had to follow that it was ridiculous. First you had to go to your Account Specialist, then Senior Specialist then Senior Account Manager and then Client Team Manager. If you have a bank on the phone asking to speak with someone who has more authority than you do and then you ask the specific people to take the call and they won't take it from you...What kind of impression is that making on the subordinates? The hardest part of the job was remembering to tally every single thing you do (every email you send, every phone call you take) and the majority of the people at the job were horrible. The most enjoyable part was that mostly overtime was an option so if you wanted to come in on Saturday or come in early/stay late then that was always an option. Also, lunches could be anywhere from 20 minutes to 1 hour which was nice depending on your day.
Pros
20-1hour lunches, workable shifts
Cons
you get yelled at all day by angry people
Just Say No
branch manager (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 6, 2015
Management is cut throat. Will throw hard working people under the bus to make themselves look good. Will tell you that you are overpaid for what you do even though you work day/night/weekends/vacations and even when you are home sick. They only care about the bottom line. High stress. Not worth the health risk.
Pros
benefits are decent
Cons
where do i start
For some its just a job for some its a career
worker bee outside and inside (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, INJune 26, 2015
I've held 3 positions working for this company over the last 9 yrs, The last position was the most challenging and that was a good thing. It always kept me thinking but it also kept me out of the elements. I really liked working for this company as I'm a huge car person. I leaned the in's and outs of the company and picked up some computer skills as well. Co-workers are all cool as they get it when you say too many chiefs and not enough indians or I love the do as I say not as I do attitude. Hardest part of the job is doing one thing for too long. The best part of the job is doing the job and being greatful that you have one. Talking with co-workers about random BS keeps things interesting. Someone off the streets can come in and make the same ammount of money as someone who has been working there for 16+ yrs and when the person says something about it the mgnt says we can only give out 4% or no percent raises this time of year. Then you watc the company dump loads of $$$ into other dumb stuff
Pros
working with vehicles and lenient management
Cons
non competitve pay
Auditing
Senior Auditor (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJune 22, 2015
After arriving to dealership I would conduct physical inventory check of onsite collateral, verification of dealer compliance to Manufacturers’ facility or operational standards, collect monies due and report audit results to customers at the conclusion of each audit.
I learned how to manage my time most efficiently. The hardest part of my job became the extensive traveling. I traveled all over the U.S. conducting such audits. The most enjoyable part of the job was the freedom. I did not punch a time clock. I could take a break or lunch whenever I pleased and when my work was complete I was able to go home.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Extensive traveling
No direction from the management
NET Developer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 8, 2015
I have worked their for three month hired as a contractor. In that three months they were able to decide when to start the project.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A