KAR Auction Services Employee Reviews

worst place on earth
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Mercer, PASeptember 8, 2017
worked in mercer, pa for more than three years, my boss was on drugs and the company drug dealer, told corp. many times , no action taken , the hr manager runs the place , because the gm is a gutless little boy coward , you will work with angry fat women
Pros
non
Cons
everything
Okay place to work.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 25, 2017
This place is an okay place to work if you just need supplemental income or a bridge job. The days can be long but the work is fairly easy and you get a lot of breaks which can make the days go by faster. One thing I'd suggest to future employees, keep personal life separate from work life.
Productive, and fun workplace
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Current Employee) –  Solon, OHAugust 23, 2017
work days are busy, but also very relaxed at some moments, I've learned a great deal about the leasing program, and a lot of pros and cons to leasing a vehicle. Management is very supportive, and always provides feedback to employees, and keeps us updated on all company policies. Sometimes the workload may seem like a lot, but we get through it as a team. I love being a part of KAR.
Pros
benefits, fun activities, teamwork
Cons
mis-communitcations, last minute changes
Awesome place to work
Automotive Field Rep (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INAugust 22, 2017
Great to work here, managers do not micro manage and allow you to complete your work in a stress free environment. Benefits are pretty good and opportunity for advancement is great.
It is an overall good place to work that seems to care about it's employees.
System Administrator (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 22, 2017
Good benefits, competitive pay, and managers who actually want you to succeed. They have programs in place to help with career development and managers seem to take pleasure in seeing their people advance in the company.
relaxed work place with friendly people
Car Detailer (Former Employee) –  Franklin, OHAugust 18, 2017
adesa is a relaxed work place that's fast paced and at times fun. summer time its hot outside and can be inside and winter its the opposite but they have bay warmers and in winter time sometimes you can have a little fun with a little snowball fight in the bays.
Pros
lots a cool, after market and brand new cars daily along with messy repos.
Cons
some of the cars were super messy.
Fun working environment
Assistant Branch Manager II (Senior) (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INAugust 15, 2017
KAR (AFC) was a great place to work. The pay was great, but the management was very inconsistent. The training program needs a lot of work, and HR is very slow to respond to needs.
Part Time
Car Auction Associate (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, INAugust 10, 2017
For a filler for for a school bus driver or a retired person this job is easy and worth your time. The hardest part of the job is being prepared for the weather.
Cons
weather
Terrible management
Collections manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INAugust 10, 2017
Upper management does not care about their employees. They would sell you down the river for a nickel, The company has no morals or ethics. If you want to work for someone who will fire a good employee to shut them up for pointing out se*ual harassment, work for KAR
Poor management and communication
National Dealer Relations (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INJuly 24, 2017
My manager sat in her office with the lights off and door closed most days. Never gave us any feedback and always avoided you and every question that you asked. I have never seen a management/leadership style quite like hers. Her lack of managing the team was obvious and caused many problems amongst team members. It was a call center and everyone would yell at you if you talked on the phone to loud. Very bad experience and would not recommend working there.
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 17, 2017
Management at this company is very good. They work with you if you have issues and give you an opportunity to move up the ladder in the company. I think the management at this company is excellent
Poor Managment
CSR (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 12, 2017
The branch manager doesn't have a clue what he is doing. There is no job security and no room for advancement. They don't appreciate the employees and don't understand the value of positive feedback.
New experience
Account Administrator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 27, 2017
Never worked a full time job, and it was different. Good or bad is up to you.
PROS: GREAT benefits, pay, and hours. People are mostly friendly and open.
CONS: Management is a little all over the place, tend to pick favorites, people always gossiping like high schoolers, some dealers are rude.
productive
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Acton, MAJune 21, 2017
great company, good people, good management, good hours, interesting work, great customers, the hardest part of the job is the communication between employees, there is a lot of paperwork and things tend to get lost
Pros
good friday hours
Cons
very busy auction days
I enjoy working here
Auction Driver (Current Employee) –  Yaphank, NYJune 14, 2017
It's a great and easy job. The only thing that bothers me is the pay, I can barely pay bills because of the hours we are required to work, but overall the people are fun to work with.
Average
Field Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 5, 2017
Enjoyed job but little or no room for advancement. Regular changes in pay schedules and plans with no notification of employees. Little or no feedback on job performance.
Pros
Work at your own pace and most work scheduled at beginning of week and set own schedule
Cons
No co-worker interaction as reps worked from home
Terrible place
Title Clerk (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYJune 3, 2017
You bust my your butt for no recognition I have a degree and someone with no education was picked for a promotion who didn't go a single hour of overtime while the rest of us did I can't even begin to say how much this place sucks
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Hard work not very good pay
Detailing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, INMay 30, 2017
This is a good place to work we got paid by the amount of cars that we would clean. It is very hard work so be prepared to work hard each day and get as many cars out to be able to make the money.
Cut-throat
Accounts Payable Processor (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INMay 26, 2017
Too many clicks. Best not to share anything of yourself, because there will be someone who doesn't like you for that very reason. And going to a supervisor about the noise is pointless, because then they ridicule you in letting everyone else know you complained. Supervisor came up through the ranks, but still acts juvenile like the rest of the group connecting still with the clicks. Treats you differently if you are a temp as well.
Cons
Stay away they lie too much
Locksmith technition (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 21, 2017
I was lied to in tge begining i have over 20 years experience in locksmithing and they started me with 13 per hour when i was told 20 per hour management is bad they want you to manage and take calls and schedule the buisiness and you have to get new accounts for them everday or you will get fired your better off opening your own buisiness.it was busy when i first started but they lost a big account so i was working from full time to part time billion dollar company that cant pay and insurance is horrible its obama care stay away!!
Pros
Travel
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KAR Auction Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6