KAR Auction Services Employee Reviews

Poor management and communication
National Dealer Relations (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INJuly 24, 2017
My manager sat in her office with the lights off and door closed most days. Never gave us any feedback and always avoided you and every question that you asked. I have never seen a management/leadership style quite like hers. Her lack of managing the team was obvious and caused many problems amongst team members. It was a call center and everyone would yell at you if you talked on the phone to loud. Very bad experience and would not recommend working there.
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 17, 2017
Management at this company is very good. They work with you if you have issues and give you an opportunity to move up the ladder in the company. I think the management at this company is excellent
Poor Managment
CSR (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 12, 2017
The branch manager doesn't have a clue what he is doing. There is no job security and no room for advancement. They don't appreciate the employees and don't understand the value of positive feedback.
New experience
Account Administrator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 27, 2017
Never worked a full time job, and it was different. Good or bad is up to you.
PROS: GREAT benefits, pay, and hours. People are mostly friendly and open.
CONS: Management is a little all over the place, tend to pick favorites, people always gossiping like high schoolers, some dealers are rude.
productive
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Acton, MAJune 21, 2017
great company, good people, good management, good hours, interesting work, great customers, the hardest part of the job is the communication between employees, there is a lot of paperwork and things tend to get lost
Pros
good friday hours
Cons
very busy auction days
I enjoy working here
Auction Driver (Current Employee) –  Yaphank, NYJune 14, 2017
It's a great and easy job. The only thing that bothers me is the pay, I can barely pay bills because of the hours we are required to work, but overall the people are fun to work with.
Average
Field Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 5, 2017
Enjoyed job but little or no room for advancement. Regular changes in pay schedules and plans with no notification of employees. Little or no feedback on job performance.
Pros
Work at your own pace and most work scheduled at beginning of week and set own schedule
Cons
No co-worker interaction as reps worked from home
Terrible place
Title Clerk (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYJune 3, 2017
You bust my your butt for no recognition I have a degree and someone with no education was picked for a promotion who didn't go a single hour of overtime while the rest of us did I can't even begin to say how much this place sucks
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Hard work not very good pay
Detailing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, INMay 30, 2017
This is a good place to work we got paid by the amount of cars that we would clean. It is very hard work so be prepared to work hard each day and get as many cars out to be able to make the money.
Cut-throat
Accounts Payable Processor (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INMay 26, 2017
Too many clicks. Best not to share anything of yourself, because there will be someone who doesn't like you for that very reason. And going to a supervisor about the noise is pointless, because then they ridicule you in letting everyone else know you complained. Supervisor came up through the ranks, but still acts juvenile like the rest of the group connecting still with the clicks. Treats you differently if you are a temp as well.
Cons
Stay away they lie too much
Locksmith technition (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 21, 2017
I was lied to in tge begining i have over 20 years experience in locksmithing and they started me with 13 per hour when i was told 20 per hour management is bad they want you to manage and take calls and schedule the buisiness and you have to get new accounts for them everday or you will get fired your better off opening your own buisiness.it was busy when i first started but they lost a big account so i was working from full time to part time billion dollar company that cant pay and insurance is horrible its obama care stay away!!
Pros
Travel
It's not all that good.
Security Guard I (Current Employee) –  Plainfield, INMay 21, 2017
The Benefits are the greatest part of this place. You gain time off a month after employment. There is no moving up though and you have to suck up hard to even try to get anywhere. You are never appreciated for the extra things you do. The manager never checks in with us and only cares if anything involves him or the company itself,

So many improvements needed.
Benefits
Cons
Management, ignorance, no recognition for hardwork
Staff works well with questions and they return calls very quickly. Always changing their work format.
Auto Dmage Inspector (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INMay 12, 2017
lots of travel, poor mileage compensation. long hours and very technical work cycle. Lots of staff keeping u aware of policy changes and they keep the customer and lease turn ins or inspections handle quickly and keep dealers happy!
Fun, Fast paced environment
Account Administrator (Former Employee) –  Mira Loma, CAMay 11, 2017
Very good company to work for. Management looks out for employees. General Manager was very friendly and open. Fun, fast paced environment that offered a position that makes you feel good about what you do.
AFC review
Area Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 11, 2017
Good place to work. Co workers are great. Company has been down sizing. Not a good situation to be in not knowing if you will be the next to be laid off. Over all a good place to work
Pros
Salary
Cons
Management contantly micro managed and worried.
Decent job for young people, but no advancement in sight.
Vehicle Inspector (Current Employee) –  Manville, NJMay 5, 2017
Being that this is a job that is largely based on volume, when work is slow, you really feel it. The day tends to drag on if the volume isn't there. You work outside in all kinds of weather so if your are against that then this isn't the job for you. Productivity is key here so you have to always keep that in mind at all times. Management can be a bit sloppy and incompetent at times, tot he point where it makes you question how people got their positions in the first place. Raises are very dismal. A bright spot to the job, if any, is the fact that you occasionally get to see some very nice automobiles.
Pros
Good benefits, convenient location
Cons
Dismal pay raises, no opportunities for advancement, often incompetent management
worked alone
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Fountain, COApril 28, 2017
worked alone on every shift, berfited a short 5 mins not much team work at all, sad to say but true. post up in a office foro 8 hours watching grounds and cctv.
Stressful and poor management, long hours
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 23, 2017
poor working conditions , very stressful, terrible management, very demanding for low pay. Expects you to perform duties that they won't do. The worst place I have ever worked in my life. But they have a great time off package
Pros
paid time off
Cons
long hours, company does not care about you as a person you are just a number.
Great benefits but no support from management or HR
Dealer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 16, 2017
The manager is given freedom to do whatever he wants including not working. The upper management has no consideration for others. I worked long hours with no help from manager. Manager delegated all his responsibilitues to others which added to the pressure. When you complained about unethical practices to HR, they did nothing. Retaliation ran rampt.
Benefits
Cons
Long hours and no support from management
Avoid unless you have thick skin
Adesa (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 12, 2017
Where to start ," Do as I say not as I do ." Create rules just to break them as long as you dont get in trouble if so, " Why did you go against the rules " MGMT. Unless your in bed with them good luck getting ahead .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KAR Auction Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6