KAR Auction Services Employee Reviews

great cafeteria
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Eugene, OROctober 15, 2017
pretty cool place to work with friendly and family oriented management. had a pretty nice little cafeteria and served steaks quite often. they are a little backwards thinking as far as thc is concerned but other than that not a bad place to set-up a career with the benefit options they offer.
Pros
great cafeteria and decent benefits
Cons
backwards thinking
Watch your back
Title Clerk (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 14, 2017
Do your job, keep your mouth shut. Do not think you can make friends there because there are no friends at work. If you know how to do your job then do it, but there is no good advancement.
Pros
fair pay
Cons
cut throat
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INOctober 7, 2017
I enjoyed my job totally and wish I still worked there. It was a great place to work and the people were great. Management and CEO were some of the best I've ever worked for.
Great company to work for
Check in Clerk (Former Employee) –  Moody, ALOctober 5, 2017
Picked up and delivered cars from various locations. On sale days I worked as a check in clerk, where I would call in the V.I.N. numbers and the make and model of the vehicles.
My Experience
Lot Associate (Former Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILOctober 5, 2017
I loved it, close to home. Had to leave because of problems with a VA doctor, throughout ADESA treated me completely fair and square. Like most jobs at times it got to be quite crazy but it was fun. I love driving and if I can get back I would in a heartbeat whether it be full or part time.
Cons
Great work environment with even better people
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAOctober 2, 2017
Fun and energetic work environment; Fantastic management and customers; fast paced on auction days but relaxed and steady busy the other days; great coworkers
Industry is different
Accounts Receivable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZOctober 1, 2017
Most of the work is with used car dealers who are attempting to purchase inventory and often don't have the line of credit to do it. Created a lot of work with follow up.
Exciting, Educational, Fast Pace
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZSeptember 28, 2017
A typical day was fast pace, multitasking, problem solving, patient, customer oriented, innovative, quick thinking, task oriented, team building and coaching.
Pros
Everyday was an opportunity to learn
Cons
Long Hours
fast pace-easy going place to work
File Clerk (contract) (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VASeptember 25, 2017
This company is an okay company to work for, i would not recommend it to any of my friends. You do get a lot of over-time pay if you chose, but other than that, its a dead end job.
Fast Paced Eviroment
Dealer Sales and Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARSeptember 24, 2017
Very fast paced aggressive culture. Lots of good ol fashion hard work. Great coworkers and customers. Tough to balance home life and work life sometimes. Very Competitive.
Pros
Great Benefits.
Cons
Work/family life.
worst place on earth
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Mercer, PASeptember 8, 2017
worked in mercer, pa for more than three years, my boss was on drugs and the company drug dealer, told corp. many times , no action taken , the hr manager runs the place , because the gm is a gutless little boy coward , you will work with angry fat women
Pros
non
Cons
everything
Okay place to work.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 25, 2017
This place is an okay place to work if you just need supplemental income or a bridge job. The days can be long but the work is fairly easy and you get a lot of breaks which can make the days go by faster. One thing I'd suggest to future employees, keep personal life separate from work life.
Productive, and fun workplace
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Current Employee) –  Solon, OHAugust 23, 2017
work days are busy, but also very relaxed at some moments, I've learned a great deal about the leasing program, and a lot of pros and cons to leasing a vehicle. Management is very supportive, and always provides feedback to employees, and keeps us updated on all company policies. Sometimes the workload may seem like a lot, but we get through it as a team. I love being a part of KAR.
Pros
benefits, fun activities, teamwork
Cons
mis-communitcations, last minute changes
Awesome place to work
Automotive Field Rep (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INAugust 22, 2017
Great to work here, managers do not micro manage and allow you to complete your work in a stress free environment. Benefits are pretty good and opportunity for advancement is great.
It is an overall good place to work that seems to care about it's employees.
System Administrator (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 22, 2017
Good benefits, competitive pay, and managers who actually want you to succeed. They have programs in place to help with career development and managers seem to take pleasure in seeing their people advance in the company.
relaxed work place with friendly people
Car Detailer (Former Employee) –  Franklin, OHAugust 18, 2017
adesa is a relaxed work place that's fast paced and at times fun. summer time its hot outside and can be inside and winter its the opposite but they have bay warmers and in winter time sometimes you can have a little fun with a little snowball fight in the bays.
Pros
lots a cool, after market and brand new cars daily along with messy repos.
Cons
some of the cars were super messy.
Fun working environment
Assistant Branch Manager II (Senior) (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INAugust 15, 2017
KAR (AFC) was a great place to work. The pay was great, but the management was very inconsistent. The training program needs a lot of work, and HR is very slow to respond to needs.
Part Time
Car Auction Associate (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, INAugust 10, 2017
For a filler for for a school bus driver or a retired person this job is easy and worth your time. The hardest part of the job is being prepared for the weather.
Cons
weather
Terrible management
Collections manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INAugust 10, 2017
Upper management does not care about their employees. They would sell you down the river for a nickel, The company has no morals or ethics. If you want to work for someone who will fire a good employee to shut them up for pointing out se*ual harassment, work for KAR
Poor management and communication
National Dealer Relations (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INJuly 24, 2017
My manager sat in her office with the lights off and door closed most days. Never gave us any feedback and always avoided you and every question that you asked. I have never seen a management/leadership style quite like hers. Her lack of managing the team was obvious and caused many problems amongst team members. It was a call center and everyone would yell at you if you talked on the phone to loud. Very bad experience and would not recommend working there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KAR Auction Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6