KAR Auction Services Employee Reviews

Stay away they lie too much
Locksmith technition (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 21, 2017
I was lied to in tge begining i have over 20 years experience in locksmithing and they started me with 13 per hour when i was told 20 per hour management is bad they want you to manage and take calls and schedule the buisiness and you have to get new accounts for them everday or you will get fired your better off opening your own buisiness.it was busy when i first started but they lost a big account so i was working from full time to part time billion dollar company that cant pay and insurance is horrible its obama care stay away!!
Pros
Travel
It's not all that good.
Security Guard I (Current Employee) –  Plainfield, INMay 21, 2017
The Benefits are the greatest part of this place. You gain time off a month after employment. There is no moving up though and you have to suck up hard to even try to get anywhere. You are never appreciated for the extra things you do. The manager never checks in with us and only cares if anything involves him or the company itself,

So many improvements needed.
Benefits
Cons
Management, ignorance, no recognition for hardwork
Staff works well with questions and they return calls very quickly. Always changing their work format.
Auto Dmage Inspector (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INMay 12, 2017
lots of travel, poor mileage compensation. long hours and very technical work cycle. Lots of staff keeping u aware of policy changes and they keep the customer and lease turn ins or inspections handle quickly and keep dealers happy!
Fun, Fast paced environment
Account Administrator (Former Employee) –  Mira Loma, CAMay 11, 2017
Very good company to work for. Management looks out for employees. General Manager was very friendly and open. Fun, fast paced environment that offered a position that makes you feel good about what you do.
AFC review
Area Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 11, 2017
Good place to work. Co workers are great. Company has been down sizing. Not a good situation to be in not knowing if you will be the next to be laid off. Over all a good place to work
Pros
Salary
Cons
Management contantly micro managed and worried.
Decent job for young people, but no advancement in sight.
Vehicle Inspector (Current Employee) –  Manville, NJMay 5, 2017
Being that this is a job that is largely based on volume, when work is slow, you really feel it. The day tends to drag on if the volume isn't there. You work outside in all kinds of weather so if your are against that then this isn't the job for you. Productivity is key here so you have to always keep that in mind at all times. Management can be a bit sloppy and incompetent at times, tot he point where it makes you question how people got their positions in the first place. Raises are very dismal. A bright spot to the job, if any, is the fact that you occasionally get to see some very nice automobiles.
Pros
Good benefits, convenient location
Cons
Dismal pay raises, no opportunities for advancement, often incompetent management
worked alone
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Fountain, COApril 28, 2017
worked alone on every shift, berfited a short 5 mins not much team work at all, sad to say but true. post up in a office foro 8 hours watching grounds and cctv.
Stressful and poor management, long hours
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 23, 2017
poor working conditions , very stressful, terrible management, very demanding for low pay. Expects you to perform duties that they won't do. The worst place I have ever worked in my life. But they have a great time off package
Pros
paid time off
Cons
long hours, company does not care about you as a person you are just a number.
Great benefits but no support from management or HR
Dealer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 16, 2017
The manager is given freedom to do whatever he wants including not working. The upper management has no consideration for others. I worked long hours with no help from manager. Manager delegated all his responsibilitues to others which added to the pressure. When you complained about unethical practices to HR, they did nothing. Retaliation ran rampt.
Benefits
Cons
Long hours and no support from management
Avoid unless you have thick skin
Adesa (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 12, 2017
Where to start ," Do as I say not as I do ." Create rules just to break them as long as you dont get in trouble if so, " Why did you go against the rules " MGMT. Unless your in bed with them good luck getting ahead .
very fun place to work, free gym
Corporate Administrative Specialist (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INApril 5, 2017
Nice place to work, free gym, nice break room food, nice parking, ping pong table in break room, brand new work area, new chairs to sit in, great lighting
Pros
fun day and you can wear jeans to work
Cons
location
Dssii
Dealer Service Specialist II (Current Employee) –  IndianaMarch 15, 2017
The hours are good and so is the compensation. Not the most efficient company, seems to make things more complicated than necessary. My manager was good to work for.
Vehicle inspector
Vehicle inspector (Former Employee) –  Yaphank, NYMarch 14, 2017
Company is horrendous. You are just a number. They will throw you to the wolves when they can. Management is not to be trusted any any location as you see from previous reviews. Be careful when applying.
Pros
Cons
Pay is terrible, management is inept, etc
Only good thing about this place is the benefits!
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 9, 2017
Bad company to work for Bad pay rates, bad management, no support system offered. Only positive thing I can say is that the benefits package is great!
Benefits
Cons
bad pay rates, short breaks, micromanaging, rude management, rude employees, do not care about anything but company profitability
A day at High Tech Locksmith, a KAR Auction owned company
Web Developer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 7, 2017
A typical day involved coming in and getting right to work. Sitting down at my own desk, putting on my headphones and start coding if there were any pending tasks from the day before. Otherwise, we would have a morning meeting and would setup the workload for the day or week.

During my time there, we were focusing on building a Laravel B2B SaaS. I hadn't dealt with Laravel in detail before so this allowed me to get familiar with its particular MVC structure compared to other PHP frameworks. I ended up learn the system deeply and became very proficient. I also got hands on experience with several JS frameworks like jQuery, and Underscore.

This company has a family like feel about it regarding the relationships with other employees. Since HTL services many highend car dealerships. We would get amazing free lunches, sometimes several times a week.

The hardest part of this role was saying goodbye. There were many great memories and learning experiences that made me a better professional and person.
Pros
Lots of free lunches, Lots of candy
Cons
short breaks, early mornings
Great place to work everyone was more like a family than just employees, very close group
Senior Administrative Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 16, 2017
Enjoyed every day I went to work. Great company to work for and took good care of all their employees. I only retired because all of my family lives in Texas and I had been located in Framingham, Massachusetts for 25 years and wanted to come back home to Texas to be with my family.
Every day I went to work there was something different so the job was never boring or just plain repetitive. I was greatly respected by all the Executives and all the employees, regardless of their position with the company.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with Auto Dealers that had bad experience and I had to be able to calm them down and see what we could do for them to make them happy and loyal Customers as I handled the most difficult Dealers. It was always great to be able to assist someone and cause them to appreciate our company and the lengths we would go to in order to insure a good experience for them. The most enjoyable part was organizing various charity events and making sure that I was always one jump ahead of the executives I was responsible for.
Pros
Great employee benefits and great care and treatment of all employees
Cons
No cons or I wouldn't have been there all those years
New
Field Representative (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 16, 2017
Im new to the company. Our company was a merge from Inviso to KARS!! So far so good. No complaints. I am a fiels Rep so most of my day is filled with inspecting car, gate release and inventory. By the way I love inventory. The one thing i know I am definitely good at.
Great benefits
Field Service Representative (Current Employee) –  DFW, TXJanuary 30, 2017
Great benefits, good coworkers, but was just purchased by another company. Salaries were cut drastically across the board. Otherwise good company.
great place to work
Field Inspector (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INJanuary 27, 2017
lacking in the training department but most of it personal experience
it is your responsibility for everything your hours,travel,even corporate credit card they except you to travel from one side of the state to the other in one day
Pros
Cons
dont drive dont make money
Indiana management was horrible! IAA
Check In Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 25, 2017
IAA in Indianapolis is horrible .The management was horrible in Indiana! They had good check in guys when I was there. But also that was because of me. I had to train anyone who went into the drop. We had to clean cars with blood in it,which is not allowed. We also had to start wrecked hybrids so rusty could make extra money on them. I got injured due to their negligence. But my employees were fantastic and the pay wasn't bad. We always had to stay over 99% of the time. So as long as you don't mind doing stuff your not supposed to do and hate your family this is the perfect job for you.
Pros
Free lunch on Wednesday, good co workers
Cons
IAA will put you in danger for the extra $100, no family time, fun if you like russian roulette

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KAR Auction Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6