KAR Auction Services Employee Reviews

Only good thing about this place is the benefits!
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 9, 2017
Bad company to work for Bad pay rates, bad management, no support system offered. Only positive thing I can say is that the benefits package is great!
Benefits
Cons
bad pay rates, short breaks, micromanaging, rude management, rude employees, do not care about anything but company profitability
A day at High Tech Locksmith, a KAR Auction owned company
Web Developer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 7, 2017
A typical day involved coming in and getting right to work. Sitting down at my own desk, putting on my headphones and start coding if there were any pending tasks from the day before. Otherwise, we would have a morning meeting and would setup the workload for the day or week.

During my time there, we were focusing on building a Laravel B2B SaaS. I hadn't dealt with Laravel in detail before so this allowed me to get familiar with its particular MVC structure compared to other PHP frameworks. I ended up learn the system deeply and became very proficient. I also got hands on experience with several JS frameworks like jQuery, and Underscore.

This company has a family like feel about it regarding the relationships with other employees. Since HTL services many highend car dealerships. We would get amazing free lunches, sometimes several times a week.

The hardest part of this role was saying goodbye. There were many great memories and learning experiences that made me a better professional and person.
Pros
Lots of free lunches, Lots of candy
Cons
short breaks, early mornings
Great place to work everyone was more like a family than just employees, very close group
Senior Administrative Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 16, 2017
Enjoyed every day I went to work. Great company to work for and took good care of all their employees. I only retired because all of my family lives in Texas and I had been located in Framingham, Massachusetts for 25 years and wanted to come back home to Texas to be with my family.
Every day I went to work there was something different so the job was never boring or just plain repetitive. I was greatly respected by all the Executives and all the employees, regardless of their position with the company.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with Auto Dealers that had bad experience and I had to be able to calm them down and see what we could do for them to make them happy and loyal Customers as I handled the most difficult Dealers. It was always great to be able to assist someone and cause them to appreciate our company and the lengths we would go to in order to insure a good experience for them. The most enjoyable part was organizing various charity events and making sure that I was always one jump ahead of the executives I was responsible for.
Pros
Great employee benefits and great care and treatment of all employees
Cons
No cons or I wouldn't have been there all those years
New
Field Representative (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 16, 2017
Im new to the company. Our company was a merge from Inviso to KARS!! So far so good. No complaints. I am a fiels Rep so most of my day is filled with inspecting car, gate release and inventory. By the way I love inventory. The one thing i know I am definitely good at.
Great benefits
Field Service Representative (Current Employee) –  DFW, TXJanuary 30, 2017
Great benefits, good coworkers, but was just purchased by another company. Salaries were cut drastically across the board. Otherwise good company.
great place to work
Field Inspector (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INJanuary 27, 2017
lacking in the training department but most of it personal experience
it is your responsibility for everything your hours,travel,even corporate credit card they except you to travel from one side of the state to the other in one day
Pros
Cons
dont drive dont make money
Indiana management was horrible! IAA
Check In Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 25, 2017
IAA in Indianapolis is horrible .The management was horrible in Indiana! They had good check in guys when I was there. But also that was because of me. I had to train anyone who went into the drop. We had to clean cars with blood in it,which is not allowed. We also had to start wrecked hybrids so rusty could make extra money on them. I got injured due to their negligence. But my employees were fantastic and the pay wasn't bad. We always had to stay over 99% of the time. So as long as you don't mind doing stuff your not supposed to do and hate your family this is the perfect job for you.
Pros
Free lunch on Wednesday, good co workers
Cons
IAA will put you in danger for the extra $100, no family time, fun if you like russian roulette
Good job
Driver/Temp (Former Employee) –  Mira Loma, CAJanuary 9, 2017
Loved driving the cars. The pay is not the greatest but man, them cars were shore fun to drive. The customers were pretty easy to communicate with too.
Autovin is life
Automotive Field Inspector/Mentor (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 2, 2017
Opportunity for growth.
You work your own hours.
Lots of work to keep you busy.
You're on the clock even though you're stuck in traffic.
Everyday is a different experience.
Pros
You are your own boss
Cons
You need to work in all weather conditions
Unorganized work place
Dealer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARDecember 5, 2016
Work place was very unorganized and management wasn't very knowledgeable of their own job. Differences were made between customers and manager. Customers were great to work with, but management wasn't.

Want to know more about KAR Auction Services?

Ask a question
Adesa
Lot Technician (Former Employee) –  Franklin, OHDecember 1, 2016
This is an awesome company to work for. I have no complaints other then I wish they had different hours of operation. This is a well rounded company and is an awesome career choice.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Hours of operation
Starter Positions
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZNovember 29, 2016
Fast paced.
Management doesn't communicate well...you have no clue if your doing well or not.
Very few SOP's which leads to confusion by employees and management.
Typical office environment
Online Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INNovember 25, 2016
While coworkers were amicable and friendly, the nature of the work was largely independent, incredibly repetitive, and overall unfulfilling. The independent work largely prohibited the formation of any bond beyond spending 9 hours in the same wing together. Departments across the board experienced fairly low turnover, especially in mid-management, leaving entry-level employees stuck for long periods of time without upper positions available for career growth.
Fun, friendly, positive environment
Dealer Administrative Representative (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYNovember 15, 2016
Great place to work. Great friends, fair pay with room for advancement and growth, equality and positive outlooks. The only reason I left was an across the board lay-off
the most enjoyable part of the job
Auto Detailer (Current Employee) –  Dayton, MNNovember 14, 2016
There is nothing I enjoy more than working on cars. If you are a "car guy", this place will be a piece of cake for you, although great power comes with great responsibility.
Pros
All kinds of vehicles from Maserati to Honda
Cons
Production pay
good place
Driver/Car wash (Former Employee) –  Manteca, CANovember 13, 2016
The only thing that i would have to say bad about this job is that if you are concerned about getting sun burned than this is not the place you want to be. this job requires a lot of hours maintaining vehicles clean and up to standards for auctions and therefore we spend a lot of the day outside in the parking lots and in the sun. working here i definitely left here a couple shades darker than when i first started my job there.
Pros
good environment and good people to work with
Cons
spending ALOT of time in the sun
A place to fill the void.
Lot Crew (Current Employee) –  Plainfield, INNovember 5, 2016
The work is monotonous and rarely changes beyond the weekly cycle. Most of the work on the lot can be learned in a single day. Proficiency in the field, of course, takes time.

Management is usually two steps removed from the Lot crew in demeanor and action. It takes quite the effort to reach member of management let alone receive acknowledgement or the due change that is requested.

The work itself is extremely easy, only needing to be good at parking cars with some accuracy and the ability to count.

The Lot crew is subjected to the elements, so winters and summers can be brutal.
muy buen salario
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Manville, NJOctober 24, 2016
ambiente sano y productivo mucho trabajo y cerca de la casa, muchos beneficio como el seguro medico y el trato del jefe hacia el trabajador es muy bueno
Pros
seguro privado
Horrible
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 20, 2016
Work environment is horrible. Claims to be drug free but questionable. Management has gone down hill and is not open door.
Pros
Health Insurance
Cons
Great place to be part of something!!!!!!!!
Account Administrator II (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 7, 2016
Only left because I had to move out of state for family. Very difficult decision considering the family atmosphere I had at work. 25 years in Automotive and I can honestly say that ADESA Las Vegas is the only place that I looked forward to getting up and going to work Mon-Fri. Management knows the true meaning of work life balance and you can leave work at work and enjoy your life outside of work. Yes, it's high paced but it is actually a fun high pace. Upper management and the management team are customer focused but you are the main priority. Do the job, ask for help when needed and perform how you want to be performed.
Pros
Sense of accomplishment, supportive and knowledgeable staff
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KAR Auction Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6