Karcher North America Employee Reviews

A disaster
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARMay 21, 2017
first off, the hours are incredibly long. You don't have time to go to the gym unless you want to lose sleep and not have a life. They let go of people when they said they weren't going to and when they changed management, everyone seemed to have went on vacation who was supposed to be running the place. They promised they could reduce the hours, they said they didn't have the money to bring in more people and when demand was too great when they reduced hours they found money in their pocket all of a sudden to bring more people in. But no one wants to work for a company that literally zaps away your life. Sales reps were screaming at receiving to put stuff into stock when only three people would handle loads of product that come in daily. and when it got into stock, sales reps would yell at shipping because their order hadn't been filled in two days. the incompetence was high! You have to make sure you have supply and demand and the workers to meet it. This place is a joke and they should have kept their shipping manager, it would have saved them a lot of trouble.
Pros
great healthcare and awesome vacation
Cons
everything else
Very unorganzied, management changes frequently
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Northeast TerritoryMay 20, 2017
Loved working for the company and loved the product. The main problem is turnover in upper management. I was there 16 years and had 12 VP in that time along with several CEO's. Policy is constantly changing and their dealers are always on edge. Last supervisor I had was only on a couple of months and decided to let me go. I found out later he replaced me with an old employee from his previous business.
Pros
Good product
Cons
Poor management
productive work place
National Sales Coordinator - West (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 17, 2017
productive work place, productive work place, productive work place
I choose not to respond to the question as it is a personal and individual opinion for any person in any employment opportunity
Pros
productive work place
Cons
not app
Good company
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Bristol, TNMay 9, 2017
Good company all things considered. Business platform was much better 4-5 years ago. I enjoyed my time with the company and would work for them again.
Great experience. Outstanding focus on safety
Assembler/Production (Current Employee) –  Camas, WAApril 23, 2017
Early start.... early exit.... days are very active.... many opportunities available. .. if you start in an area and you don't like it or, you aren't a good fit, management will move you to another area to try and take advantage of your particular set of skills. Management is open to suggestions on how to improve production and safety. It can however, be frustrating working in a team environment when other employees chose not to put forth their best effort.
The most enjoyable part is participating in the safety program in which you can earn rewards.
Pros
Free coffee every day. ... and free popcorn once a week
Cons
Long hours standing
MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN 2 (Former Employee) –  Camas, WAFebruary 22, 2017
Karcher was an excellent place to work. I would gladly return to Karcher if the commute was shorter. At Karcher I was valued as an asset to the maintenance department and to the company as a whole. As a valued asset I was rewarded with technical training (Trumpf Laser Maintenance Tech I and II and tuition reimbursement for continuing college education) and financial compensation. The culture was pleasing and I have formed rewarding and lifelong relationships with many of my former coworkers.
Pros
My involment in so many manufacturing projects. Company picnics and quarterly employee meetings
Cons
The commute.
High energy industry
Field Service Mechanic/Technician (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CO areaJanuary 27, 2017
Working in the floor cleaning repair business was an extremely busy and fast paced one. The customers could call on a moments notice and the territory one covers can span up to three hundred miles or more. With a guaranteed quick response time many weeks could consist of one thousand miles drive time. This was no doubt the hardest part of this job.

I learned a great deal about dealing with numerous different personalities within a large customer base and quickly adjusted to them in an effort to deliver the best product support available to them.

My management team was always very supportive in giving me the tools I needed to support the customer and I could not have asked for better. This, in my opinion, was the best part of my job.
Pros
Work based from home
Cons
No indication of weekly work loads
Not a good work/life balance
Machine Operator/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Camas, WAJanuary 13, 2017
There wasn't a good work/life balance. They expected you to make them #1 priority and had unreasonable expectations.

There were too many bosses and safety concerns had to go through too many people and ended up never being addressed properly. Serious safety hazards came up for me and they refused to acknowledge them. The management situation was a mess.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Safety concerns
Rotomold operation to produce quality plastic parts
rotomold operator (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COApril 30, 2016
My average day consist of tearing apart molds and refilling with plastic powder. We use overhead cranes, and power tools to demold and insert metal nuts which then rotates in a furnace. with a crew of 6 were able to prepare the plastic material, rotate the molds that are on the machine, and trim the finished product.

The part that can be the most challenging is the fast pace you need to maintain no matter how complex the mold arrangement is or the various problems that can come up. When the plastic sticks to aluminum, or when theirs contamination in the plastic. Even with these problems the best part of the job is how efficiently all my coworkers help each other. Through everyone's professionalism, proactive work ethic, and attention to details we produce a large amount of quality products.

Thank you for reading my overview of the karcher company. I hope to hear from you and further grow in the welding industry.
Pros
consistant, clear directions, and professional management
Cons
strenuous on body
This place is hit or miss
warehouse (Current Employee) –  Blackwood, NJJanuary 25, 2016
There are amazing people at this company then there's just people. There is no room for advancement unless you know the right person but that can be said about any company. If your looking for steady and constant work this is the job for you, If not please don't bother. They promise raises and merit pay than don't deliver. Overall I would say the company has a bright future if there are small changes, but like I said its hit or miss
Pros
Job security, bennifits
Cons
Low pay, no leadership

Want to know more about Karcher North America?

Ask a question
not a bad place to have worked
Buyer II (Former Employee) –  Camas, WAJanuary 9, 2016
not a bad place to work - many fun employees - not very good at inventory management. purchasing was always an hysterical rush to avoid line down shortages but needed to buy minimum quantities to avoid too much inventory
Pros
interesting co-workers
Cons
poor inventory management
Working for a company that is world wide
Client Representative (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COAugust 19, 2015
Input data entry orders for different companies all over the US, meeting different co workers from around the world was a plus, love having deadlines and team meetings
Great Company Overall, Lacks Leadership though
Field Service Tech (Current Employee) –  Blackwood, New JerseyFebruary 2, 2015
This is a great company as a whole, but lacks leadership. The staff is not backed by their supervisors. The need a better inventory computer system as well as a better system for Service Techs. They do go through a lot of people.
Pros
Benifits and co-workers
Cons
High turn over rate, lack leadership
Karcher is a fast paced work place with great employeys/Manigment.
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Camas, WAFebruary 20, 2014
I really got along and worked well with my Management and co-workers at Karcher. They made the job a fun and enjoyable work place. Most of my day was running pick lists for assembly lines then filling orders using fork trucks or a picker lift.
the only hard part was when running out of parts and assembly lines would fall behind.

Overall a good place to work with great job security.
Pros
Great people who cear about each other and go the extra mile.
Cons
Health cear
no chance of advanement,very low pay increases
feild service tech (Former Employee) –  georgiaJanuary 21, 2014
Worked as a field service tech for nine years.very low yearly pay increases.expected to do extra work off the clock.very bad managers who will toss you under the bus to cover there incompetense.very bad dispatchers who make mistakes and blame techs for there mistakes.part of karcher north america but techserv has no support from karcher.
Pros
not any
Cons
bad branch managers, expected to do work off the clock.no service sales people
It's more sales than service!!! don't waste your time.
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 23, 2013
Was a service technician, pay was good but manager sucked. He believes the customer is always right, but these day's it doesn't work like that.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
terrible management and routing
Leadership is by example not status.
Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAOctober 21, 2013
Was a good job with competitive wages. Lacked leadership at times. But glad that we crossed paths for I learned alot of skills and what I wanted out of employment.
Karcher
Assembler II (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COOctober 17, 2013
This is a great place to work if you are serious about making money and do not mind working long hours.
Pros
great benefits, good pay and good people
Cons
56 hour, 6 day weeks through out the summer
Productive work place, All work
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Camas, WASeptember 3, 2013
The job is easy, friendly co workers. Decent balance between time at home and time at work. Good benefits.

Low pay, with no chances for advancement.
Productive and friendly workplace
Human Resources Assistant (Current Employee) –  Springdale, ARAugust 29, 2013
Learn new skills as an HR Assistant.
The Most enjoyable part of my job is coordinate activities and the yearly HR Meeting.
Pros
Company Picnics
Cons
Distance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Karcher North America. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8