Kareo Employee Reviews

Good Benefits
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAOctober 5, 2017
Good benefits and good culture. Benefits are top notch and get them from day 1 from you working their. Goof culture to work in very laid back, but they get their work done.
Pros
Cons
Poor Management
Disgruntled employees
Current employee (Current Employee) –  FLJuly 13, 2017
Kareo is a great company to be a part of. The other negative reviews are coming from people who are not dedicated to their jobs, only here to pay rent, REALLY? Please resign from your job so we can hire someone who would appreciate Kareo and the great benefits we have. Just like most businesses, there are always things we can approve on and all you have to do is talk to management rather than be a coward and post negative reviews which I would bet you have not done. You are not mandated to clean it is your choice. Bugs, we had spiders due to the influx of rain over the recent few months, that issue has since been resolved. Please take your complaints and head on to your next job as no job will make a miserable person happy. Thank you!
Pros
Great benefits, great hours, open door policy!
Review of supervisors
Medical Advisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 6, 2017
Everyone I met at Kareo was unhappy with supervisors who didn't know much more than them and couldn't help them out. I did encounter the same thing and after a car accident when Kareo did not assist me with my doctor's orders of light duty for one month I decided to leave to take care of myself.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
No instruction with work load
Just to have a job
Biller (Current Employee) –  Ormond Beach, FLJune 30, 2017
Is another dead end billing job. No room for advancement. Doctors offices you work with do not provide any insurance websites information for tracking claims. All obtained info must be be via phone calls. Office managers do not hire cleaning crews and employees have to clean office (including scrubbing bathrooms) on Fridays afternoon. Office is full of bugs. Parking spaces not compatible with amount of employees. Not enough parking spaces. Poor quality of employee. Lot of smokers and smell all over the office. Yes, coffee and sodas provided by management.
Pros
Just to have a job to pay rent.
Cons
Many things.
comfortable atmosphere, free caffeine drinks
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  FloridaJune 24, 2017
Great jean job or you can ware scrubs, very comfortable place to work and they offer great benefit program along with coke and diet coke, as well as coffee for the staff. Management is nice and easy to talk to , overall a great place to work.
Pros
Great Benifits
Cons
Parking lot is getting full
So many changes and none for the better
KMB (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 18, 2017
Management is clueless, layoffs seem to be coming twice a year and they get rid of good employees. They pride themselves on their "culture" but that was thrown out the window as well. I would not recommend anyone to work here.
Promises, Promises and then a big let down to all employees
Billing Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 3, 2017
Management does not have a clue as to what they are doing. I thought my career was there to be told we are downsizing. You are overworked and under paid with great expectations only to find out you are being laid off.
I have no comment
Advisor (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 28, 2017
Free unlimited soft drinks and coffee is great. Tons of knowledgeable people come and go. I have made lifelong friends working here. "We are all on the same boat"
Horrible place
Billing Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 1, 2017
Worst job I ever worked Management is Horrible I would treat this as a fly by night if you need a job temp place a lot of snakes trust no one go to work don't say much do the job and go.
Pros
Free Soda
Cons
Bad Management
I loved when we switched over to Kareo
Medical Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 29, 2016
but the managers didn't have a clue about there accounts and there was no structure in the office. Other than that the benefits were awesome. It was a pretty cool place to work for though.
Would Not recommend
Advisor maintains the health of the account (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 20, 2016
Horrible company, the environment is horrible always doing layoff =s keeps bad people.. The management team does not provide good support one manger is horrible to work for does not listen to ideas another does not know the processes and does not provide support
False Expectations
Credentialing Account Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 13, 2016
When I first began working at Kareo, I was given the impression that this was a progressive, employee centric company. While the pay & benefits are good, the executive management is horrible. Within the first month, I realized that the team leads/supervisors had little input into the overall treatment and direction of their department. I was amazed at how little support I received from management. Clients were allowed to speak abusively to account managers regardless of circumstances. In particular, one regional manager was exceptionally condescending and apathetic towards employees. Any enthusiasm/optimism I had for Kareo quickly fizzled out shortly after I began employment with Kareo. Co-workers were nice, the team lead in my department was amazing, but, beyond that, my workdays were stressful. The work was not at all difficult but the load was far greater than anyone could handle. Another thing that was lacking was overall fairness between the different Kareo locations. Not all of them have the "perks" that you read about on the website. The TX office was definitely lacking in that area. It was a depressing, dark, gloomy atmosphere. In fact, the TX office is not even listed on their website under the "perks and benefits" section---what made this a greater slap to the face was that Kareo's Costa Rica office was given more attention than TX. Avoid this company at all costs.
Pros
At least you have a job. Pay, benefits.
Cons
The job you have is here.
Poor leadership team
Manager (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 21, 2016
Disconnected executive team that makes poor decisions that negatively impact the success of the company and it's employees. Executive team pays a lot of lip service to caring about employees but actions speak more to self interest.
Cons
Executive team
Not all its cracked out to be
Account Manager I / Success Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV 89144July 2, 2016
Too much work. Way underpaid. Management is not in touch with their employees at all. They need to practice what they preach. They claim they are all about their employees they're not. Too many changes in a short period of time. No job security. Many departments closed and lots of lay offs.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Everything else..
Energetic
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 23, 2016
Kareo was a great place to work. My fellow engineers were all at their peaks of the game. Compensation was more than fair and the work was challenging. It really felt like a home.
Pros
Lunch and Dinner during major development sprints.
Cons
Hiring is binge and purge, many people have been there less the 2 years.
Productive department making the job enjoyable.
Credentialer/Provider Enrollment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 26, 2016
Daily I would audit providers credentials to prepare the credentialing and contracting process, review payers requirements to join their networks in all areas of the United States, complete required application for my providers to become PAR providers ad individual and group. What I received from this position is the state to state requirements and knowing that providers met them because of their specialty. Our department has developed a family environment where we enjoy being a team. Our Team Lead/Manager is awesome, we have hands on meetings with events to win gifts. The hardest part of this particular job is that as of June 1, 2016 will no longer exist here in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Pros
We love to eat via be delivered or ordering out as a team, potlucks!
productive and fun work
Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAFebruary 9, 2016
Electronic Health Record Application dedicated to small practices. offers an integrated suite of products and services designed to help small practice physicians get paid faster, run their business smarter and provide better care. Its Practice Management software, Billing Services, and free, full-featured EHR help more than 20,000 medical providers more efficiently manage the business and clinical sides of their practice.
Fun workplace
Credentialing Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 31, 2015
Enjoy my job, very employee conscientious company, respectful, company that will continue to grow and become a bigger and successful company
Great co-workers!
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 29, 2015
Fun work place with supportive staff members. Learned a lot from the office manager in regards to managing and administering a practice.
Overall Good
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 7, 2015
Sometimes the constant changes seem a bit rushed but overall the benefits and MOST of company and their attitude make up for any faults. People are incredibly kind and caring and our benefits package is awesome!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kareo. Our community is ready to answer.

2.3