Kareo Employee Reviews

Would Not recommend
Advisor maintains the health of the account (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 20, 2016
Horrible company, the environment is horrible always doing layoff =s keeps bad people.. The management team does not provide good support one manger is horrible to work for does not listen to ideas another does not know the processes and does not provide support
False Expectations
Credentialing Account Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 13, 2016
When I first began working at Kareo, I was given the impression that this was a progressive, employee centric company. While the pay & benefits are good, the executive management is horrible. Within the first month, I realized that the team leads/supervisors had little input into the overall treatment and direction of their department. I was amazed at how little support I received from management. Clients were allowed to speak abusively to account managers regardless of circumstances. In particular, one regional manager was exceptionally condescending and apathetic towards employees. Any enthusiasm/optimism I had for Kareo quickly fizzled out shortly after I began employment with Kareo. Co-workers were nice, the team lead in my department was amazing, but, beyond that, my workdays were stressful. The work was not at all difficult but the load was far greater than anyone could handle. Another thing that was lacking was overall fairness between the different Kareo locations. Not all of them have the "perks" that you read about on the website. The TX office was definitely lacking in that area. It was a depressing, dark, gloomy atmosphere. In fact, the TX office is not even listed on their website under the "perks and benefits" section---what made this a greater slap to the face was that Kareo's Costa Rica office was given more attention than TX. Avoid this company at all costs.
Pros
At least you have a job. Pay, benefits.
Cons
The job you have is here.
Poor leadership team
Manager (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 21, 2016
Disconnected executive team that makes poor decisions that negatively impact the success of the company and it's employees. Executive team pays a lot of lip service to caring about employees but actions speak more to self interest.
Cons
Executive team
Not all its cracked out to be
Account Manager I / Success Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV 89144July 2, 2016
Too much work. Way underpaid. Management is not in touch with their employees at all. They need to practice what they preach. They claim they are all about their employees they're not. Too many changes in a short period of time. No job security. Many departments closed and lots of lay offs.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Everything else..
Energetic
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 23, 2016
Kareo was a great place to work. My fellow engineers were all at their peaks of the game. Compensation was more than fair and the work was challenging. It really felt like a home.
Pros
Lunch and Dinner during major development sprints.
Cons
Hiring is binge and purge, many people have been there less the 2 years.
Productive department making the job enjoyable.
Credentialer/Provider Enrollment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 26, 2016
Daily I would audit providers credentials to prepare the credentialing and contracting process, review payers requirements to join their networks in all areas of the United States, complete required application for my providers to become PAR providers ad individual and group. What I received from this position is the state to state requirements and knowing that providers met them because of their specialty. Our department has developed a family environment where we enjoy being a team. Our Team Lead/Manager is awesome, we have hands on meetings with events to win gifts. The hardest part of this particular job is that as of June 1, 2016 will no longer exist here in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Pros
We love to eat via be delivered or ordering out as a team, potlucks!
productive and fun work
Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAFebruary 9, 2016
Electronic Health Record Application dedicated to small practices. offers an integrated suite of products and services designed to help small practice physicians get paid faster, run their business smarter and provide better care. Its Practice Management software, Billing Services, and free, full-featured EHR help more than 20,000 medical providers more efficiently manage the business and clinical sides of their practice.
Fun workplace
Credentialing Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 31, 2015
Enjoy my job, very employee conscientious company, respectful, company that will continue to grow and become a bigger and successful company
Great co-workers!
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 29, 2015
Fun work place with supportive staff members. Learned a lot from the office manager in regards to managing and administering a practice.
Overall Good
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 7, 2015
Sometimes the constant changes seem a bit rushed but overall the benefits and MOST of company and their attitude make up for any faults. People are incredibly kind and caring and our benefits package is awesome!
Great place to call work.
Enrollments (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 5, 2015
Kareo is an excellent place to work. There is never a boring day and there is always a challenge. Kareo has taught me a lot and has helped advance many of my professional and interpersonal qualities.
Not so much
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las VegasAugust 13, 2014
I wish Kareo was what the company claims to be, not so much :(. Very difficult work, great co-workers, management completely out of touch with what actually happens on a day to day basis.
Pros
Great Co-workers
Cons
Managing people you can not communicate with
Awesome company!
Sr. Project Manager/Sr. Scrum Master (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 27, 2013
Kareo has a great vibe with great people and a amazing culture! Starting from the top, a culture of innovation and team work permeates throughout the organization. Salaries are usually on the higher end of the spectrum.

If you're looking for a great start-up type feel small company to work for and you live in Orange County, look no further than Kareo!
Great Place with Great People!
Engineering Intern (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 10, 2012
I can't give a glowing enough review! This place has an amazing culture and the managers truly value their employees and customers.

I would love to stay here but there just isn't a junior QA position available for me.
Pros
free lunches, monthly mixers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kareo. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5