Karl Strauss Brewing Company Employee Reviews

Great place to learn and grow as an individual
Host (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAAugust 21, 2016
Everybody was always upbeat and smiling, it was like a second family. You learn so much about the behind the scenes of a restaurant like why things are portioned a certain way or the importance of checking on customers. The hardest part of the job was trying to get shifts covered and rescheduled.
Nobody that works on the restaurant side of this company is happy.
Beer Ambassador (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 16, 2016
The company is leaving behind all of their longtime employees. The benefits get worse and worse every year while the expectations get higher. Nobody gets paid what they deserve and the penalty for mistakes is getting fired. Everybody that works here either has a second job or is looking for a new one.
Pros
Free Shift Beers and Monthly six packs
Cons
No Benefits, High expectations/Low compensation
Productive and enjoyable place to work with free beer
Host/ Expo, Server, Bartender, Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAApril 29, 2012
I loved working here. The food is delicious the beer is better. I was able to quickly move up the ladder in this company and would have furthered my employment if I didn't have to move. Everyone works together and treats each one like family. The turn over rate is very low for this place. Most employees have been there since they opened.
Pros
free beer, half off food
Cons
no breaks unless you work over 6 hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Karl Strauss Brewing Company. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3