Karmaloop Employee Reviews in United States

Great people, not a great company
Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 5, 2016
The business continues to be up and down, job security is always uncertain and the pay is considerably less than the industry standard. That being said, there are excellent and competent people working there and the environment despite the many ups and downs of the business is positive. I have made a lot of great connections and friendships while I've been working there, would just prefer more security.
Pros
Casual work environment, great people to work with, excellent management
Cons
Job instability, pay not suitable
Karmaloop
MERCHANDSING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 7, 2015
I personally learned a lot working at Karmaloop. It was a small group of employees which allowed us to do a lot of things that weren't specific to our jobs. In my role I was able to do marketing, merchandising and even a little bit of buying. I learned so much! My managers in my department were great and really looked for our best interest. Unfortunately, I was with the company during a rough time of heading towards financial troubles and it did make the culture a little shaky. Overall, it was a great experience!
Tremendous Business Experience
Chief Operating Officer and General Counsel (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 5, 2015
Karmaloop was a great place to work, with a highly engaged and intelligent staff. I enjoyed working with the entire staff.
Heavy opportunity to learn, fun environment
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 29, 2015
Karmaloop has a start up culture. There are many things to get done and many things going on. Social media and brand awareness are key for success.
Pros
fun culture
Cons
Future Growth
most creative
Social Media Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 26, 2015
Very creative place to work at, where everyone came together to get the best ideas to cause attention to the company. Therefor bringing in money and tons of site views.
Pros
creative
Cons
late nights
Work Hard, Shop Hard!
Promoter, Rep Team Program (Current Employee) –  BostonNovember 6, 2014
Their marketing strategy in creating the Rep Team Program was an innovative approach for both online shoppers and freelancers. I had such amazing support and I was able to adapt some of their marketing techniques in my future employment.
Poor Management
Men's Associate Buyer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 12, 2014
Overall environment is young and fast moving/forward thinking. Lots of issues within upper management regarding staffing, unjustifiable termination, and poor compensation in relation to other companies.
Pros
dog friendly, flexible schedule
Cons
no structure, no training program, immature upper management
productive and cutting edge
Internship (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 6, 2012
Prominent people coming in, I get to see prototypes of the merchandise, young co-workers I could relate to. I learned how to ship items, get around in New York City and got an idea of what it's like to own a business.
Amazing people to work with !
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 29, 2013
Amazing call center to work for. Coworkers are easy to get along with . The work is a little stressful but everything is at ease and willing to assist . Enjoyed working on the Customer Service
Fast paced work environment
Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 19, 2013
Karmaloop is a young company with a great work environment.