Karmanos Cancer Institute

Karmanos Cancer Institute Employer Reviews

Oncology
Register Nurse (Former Employee), Detroit, MIAugust 22, 2014
I loved this job, the staff and my manager!! Great place to work
Very interesting working with the medical staff for 38 years.
Ward Secretary (Former Employee), Detroit, MIAugust 9, 2014
Transcribed Doctor's orders and greeted visitors.
Ÿ Answered telephone, patient's call light, read telemetry, and prepared patient's record.
Ÿ Assisted Doctors in finding patient's record, scheduled appointments for patient, discharged patient to home after the doctor wrote discharged order for patient.
Productive and fun workplace with a bowling team.
Donor Information Processing Specialist (Former Employee), Detroit, MIMay 28, 2014
Pros: free lunches and contest for free gift cards.
Cons: short breaks
A typical day at work was great. Fun and helpful co-workers. My supervisor was kind and understanding, really cared about you as a person. The climate was relaxed and cheerful.
Good place to learn technology
RADIATION THERAPIST II (Former Employee), Rochester Hills, MIApril 29, 2014
Pros: teaching institution
Cons: too many managers
Typical day included performing Quality Assurance duties, treating patients, instructing students and simulation. The hardest part of the job was working with a multitude of personalities. My coworkers were very knowledgeable. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new treatment methods.
fun
HIM Processor (Current Employee), Detroit, MIMarch 3, 2014
Pros: great cto time, flexible with hours
Cons: low pay
I learned a lot about HIM and different areas of medical records
Karmanos Research
Post-Doctoral Fellow, Department of Oncology (Current Employee), Detroit, MIFebruary 18, 2014
I think there is an enormous potential for this research center to become a world leader. Though it still requires the investment by its community.
Great Volunteer Experience
Outpatient Volunteer - Navigator (Former Employee), Detroit, MichiganDecember 21, 2013
A typical day involved meeting patients as they entered the hospital to either introduce them to the cancer institute or direct them to their appointments if they either do not know their destination or are unable to walk.

This job, while unpaid, involved lots of teamwork and communication, as well as requiring good communication skills with patients – more... and employees.

Hardest part would be the actual traveling between parts of the hospital, transporting either supplies or patients. This was part of the DMC and Harper Hospital, so it did involve a lot of walking.

The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting the patients, and making sure they were as comfortable as possible. – less
Little Productive
Data Manager (Former Employee), Detroit, MIDecember 4, 2013
Pros: luncheons
Cons: had too much time on my hand
A typical day was waiting for someone to bring me work. Management is great they are not on your back and as for my co workers they are great we carry each other's work load and love for one another. The hardest part of the job was trying to find some work to do. The most enjoyable part of the job is when we have luncheons, get recongized for our hard – more... work, and the ability to talk to one another. – less
Great for the patients
Clinical Research Coordinator II (Former Employee), Detroit, MINovember 25, 2013
Pros: like some of the people i worked with
Cons: management needs to change
worked lots of hours with no raises for three years. I would not work for this company again. Always tumultuous work environment
Very Positive and caring facilitiy to work at.
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Detroit, MINovember 20, 2013
Pros: the staff was very helpful to me i learned alot.
I enjoyed doing my intern at this facility I didn't want it to end the patients were very well behaved and the staff was very helpful and positive.
I reall enjoyed helping people.
Volunteer/Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Detroit, MINovember 5, 2013
I learned a lot of on-hands training at this job. Even if I was not getting paid I enjoyed every minute of it.
fun
Patient Care Tech (Internship) (Former Employee), Detroit, MISeptember 29, 2013
Everyday could be something new and your always learning on the job.
great volunteering experience
Volunteer (Former Employee), Farmington Hills, MISeptember 19, 2013
The most enjoyable part of this job was all the amazing people I got to meet.
Rewarding to helping families with dying family members.
Office Manager (Former Employee), Southfield, MIJuly 25, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: not enough advancements in jobs.
Karmanos Cancer Institute - Hospice Program was a wonderful agency to work for. The beginning of the day was to schedule to help patients and families. I learned patience, caring and loving others and humbleness. Management was always willing to listen to suggestions and proceed when possible. Co-workers were good examples for showing cooperation and – more... willingness to do whatever necessary to help the program. The hardest part of the job was when there was a staff shortage and staff was overwhelmed with day to day activities. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing we were helping patient's to dye in comfort with dignity. – less
Great work environment
Oncology Coding Analyst (Current Employee), Detroit, MIJuly 23, 2013
Very laid back environment, very friendly people to work with.
Nice Company
Administrative Secretary II (Former Employee), Detroit, MIJuly 6, 2013
Pros: cto time bank very good
Cons: unprofessional management/supervisors in some departments
Nice place to work, but cliquey employees. There were managers in some departments that had no business being managers. There really isn't room for advancement because once your manager knows you are applying, they make our time there not very pleasant. Other than that, it was an ok place to work.
Very enjoyable Company to Work for.
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee), Detroit, MIJune 13, 2013
Loved working for this company they have opened my eyes to the things a lot of people take for granted.
Fun place to volunteer at.
Volunteer (Current Employee), Detroit, MIApril 25, 2013
Pros: upbeat environment.
Cons: very serious minded employees.
GeneralClerical duties.Typing,filing,phones,proofreading,faxing,various oher duties.
Fun place to work, not enough people to do the job.
POS Coding Specialist (Current Employee), Detroit, MIApril 15, 2013
Allways ask for more, never give anything back,no compensations.
Increased Knowledge
Oncology Care Associate (Former Employee), Detroit, MichiganJanuary 28, 2013
I loved working at Karmanos, I learned a lot of new and different techniques for my job title and skill level. My skill level has gone up because of them and I am greatful for that.

<a href=http://download.cnet.com/YouTube-To-MP3/3000-2071_4-75810474.html >youtube mp3</a>

<a href=http://download.cnet.com/YouTube-To-MP3/3000-2071_4-75810474.html >youtube – more... mp3</a> – less