Kaskaskia College Employee Reviews

Adjunct Employee
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Trenton, ILNovember 5, 2017
My days are not typical as an adjunct faculty person. It is more seasonal if the college has a need. What I have learned about students is that if they are invested in their education teaching is no problem . Classes teach themselves when student are prepared and engaged in the learning process. Management was supportive. The workplace culture was also supportive. The hardest part of the job was the commute. The most enjoyable part of the job is teaching and hearing what the next generation is doing.
Pros
suportive staff
College
Student (Former Employee) –  Centralia, ILOctober 30, 2017
The nursing classes were only 8 weeks long so everything was hurried along. I attended one class with a substitute teacher who wasn't very good at teaching. We suffered for it. Things didn't work out for me there.
It was fun
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Centralia, ILMay 16, 2017
The culture at the college is one of learning and inspiring each other. The staff is very friendly and everyone was like a big family. Management is very understanding and will work side by side with you.
benefits
Cons
not many hours
Well-Structured Educational Office
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Centralia, ILAugust 30, 2016
My day consisted of assisting the Director along with other coworkers and putting together student charts and excel spreadsheets for reviewing and analysis.
Pros
Comfortable Office and Great Support
Cons
Long hours with no breaks.
Quickly and financially failing institution
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  IllinoisApril 11, 2016
Kaskaskia College has quickly declined due to new, over-bearing president and poor Illinois budget and fiscal funding, Enjoyed coworkers and clean facility, but communication from upper management was nil to poor at best.
Pros
nice facility
Cons
poor communication from administration, no job security
Family-Friendly Workplace
Administrative Assistant to TRiO (Current Employee) –  Centralia, ILAugust 14, 2015
A typical day at work would consist of checking emails, filing paperwork, making calls, meeting with students and running and doing different errands.
What i learned is to be respectful, get tasks done on timely manners and manage time to meet deadlines.
The management is set into place and everyone follows guidelines whether they are throughout the building or in each department.
The co-workers are supportive and helpful no matter what department or building you are working.
The hardest part of the job is when you make an error in judgement or paper work and facing the consequences of feeling unprofessional.
The most enjoyable part of the job is when the students succeed, graduate and come out of the job looking successful and thanking you for all the time and help you give them.
Pros
Helpful and Informative
Cons
No Signs to direct
my review
bus driver (Former Employee) –  centralia il 62801July 18, 2015
there is not really a lot to the job i would go to the college get the keys to the bus do a pre trip inspection of the bus wait for students to board the bus take them to the ball game and then return when the game was over
Pros
paid for my own lunch
Cons
there were no problems
kaskaskia college
IT STUDENT WORKER (Former Employee) –  Centralia, ILJune 13, 2015
great place to work, friendly people, jobs there are hard to come by but once your into the company you will never want to leave
Nice workplace
Computer Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Centralia, ILSeptember 5, 2014
Very friendly coworkers and managers. Enjoyed helping department and other departments as well as helping students.
Recieved a lot of management experience.
Intern/Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Centralia, ILMarch 20, 2014
It was a good starting point in my management career. I learned a lot of valuable skills from this job.
Pros
Management experience
Cons
No oppurtunity for growth.
Learning about advertising and creating advertisements
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Centralia, ILNovember 18, 2013
A typical day was working on a publication we created with advertisement and entertainment. I created advertisements and entertainment for the publication. I learned a lot about creating a publication and creating advertisements for local businesses. The instructor I worked for, almost always approved my work, or we would worked together to make subtle changes. This publication was created by a club. I enjoyed working with other classmates on ideas and creating ads. The hardest part was deadlines, some classmates would bring ads for publication the day of publication. I enjoyed all aspects of the job, from getting local businesses to advertise, creating ads, creating entertainment, and creating the publication.
Pros
Hard work, worked independently a lot, loved working in advertising and on the publication
Cons
Being a student worker, the job had no benifits, was paid minimum wages and was part time
Nice Overall Experience
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Centralia, ILOctober 13, 2013
It was fun to work with the Dental Assisting Coordinator and Students!
Great place to work, fun and productive day.
Perkin's Department Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Centralia, ILJuly 18, 2013
During a typical day I updated information in college student database, collected survey data via telephone calls and mailed correspondence, assisted in scheduling academic advisory board meetings, handled confidential information and materials, assisted students in signing up for department programs, scheduled appointments, answered telephone, and filing.

I learned how to work with a group of indivduals in an professional office environment. I learned how to manage my time well and complete my work in a timely manner.

The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to assist students in getting the help they needed and at the end of the day feeling like I accomplished something.
Pros
Great working environment, understandable on needing to leave the office due to a emergency or have an appointment to attend.
Cons
Limited hours you could work
Very relaxing job
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Centralia, ILJuly 24, 2012
I went into the office after class and helped the pofessor out with whatever he needed help with that day. I took messages, graded papers and made copies.
I learned how to become a secretary.
No management
No Co-Workers
Not really any hard part in this job.
I was helping someone that was enjoyable to be able to do that.
Pros
hours
Cons
not enough pay
student worker
Student worker (Former Employee) –  Centralia, ILJune 17, 2012
I worked in the financial aid office helping students complete their financial aid and paperwork, filing, answer phone, entered data in computer. Loved this job, but when I got hired at the Village of Central City, I did not have time to complete my full time college classes and work at both places, so I had to give up my student worker position. I absolutely loved working with all the students and helping them succeed with their college goals.
Pros
something different to do daily
Cons
not a permanent position
Instructor of Political Science (Current Employee) –  Centralia, ILApril 10, 2012
This is an excellent place to work - lot of perks - chance to take classes, free haircuts. A feeling that you are making a difference by teaching others.
Pros
excellent food by culanary students
Cons
hard to get on full time