Kastle Systems Employee Reviews in United States

Best Place to Work
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 8, 2016
Working at Kastle Systems has been a great experience. Management is always willing to help and it is a pleasure to work under them. So far, this has been the best place I have worked in my career
Horrible working environment
Senior Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAOctober 30, 2015
No diversity, no work/balance life, just depressing. Upper management showed a lot of favoritism. The equipment was for out dated and the technicians and the customers complained all the time, no room for growth.
this place is a joke!
Operator/alarmist (Current Employee) –  philadelphiaApril 7, 2015
Extremely unprofessional management. Everybody walks around like they are in charge but nobody knows what to do when the company has real issues. I'm currently employed here and I'm just waiting for something better. It's laid back though. I spend most of the time browsing in my phone. If your in school this place is perfect. You can get alot of work done and pay the bills at the same time. But this place is filled with gossip and micro management.
Pros
you get paid! don't really have to work hard.
Cons
this place makes you lazy. management is a bunch of retards especially the operations manager.
Fast-paced and customer friendly work environment.
Sr. Billing Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VAApril 28, 2015
Great place to work for an energetic, Security technology enthusiast.
The company strives to bring on new talent, college educated and open to contribute in improving processes and compliment the culture. Excellent customer service skills and strong multi-tasking ability a must.
Pros
Fruit, Doughnuts & popcorn every Friday and company sponsored outings.
Cons
Company doesn't 401K match and not many paid holidays
Temporary Accounts Receivable Collector (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 1, 2016
Kastle systems is the most productive company. The entire staff are friendly and are respectable of each other. I would refer anyone to be apart of this company.
Pros
people
Cons
short breaks
Client services representative (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAAugust 17, 2015
Great atmosphere and employees, all willing to help you train and improve. Management is very supportive and fun spirited. CEO and President in house.
Horrible company to work for
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAOctober 15, 2012
Out-dated management style, expects your life to revolve around work, high-turn-over (they now require new hires to sign CONTRACTS because of the high turn over), people fired for no apparent reason, salary is terrible and they don't give raises to anyone isn't senior management. Even my direct manager was not given a raise for 4 years even though the company was making a lot of money.
Grreat Job
Customer Care Operator/Alarmist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 19, 2015
It was a great job with great pay and great benefits and great supervisors. But some managers could be more professional.
Pros
coupons for extended lunch time or leaving early when you have great attendance and great insurance.
Cons
need better management skills
Company with good people but no longterm possiblities
Client Service Support (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VAAugust 17, 2014
This company is comprised of college students mostly. The turnover rate is high because this is considered a place to stop on the way to the career you want not the destination.The people who have been with the company for long term are treated unfair with lack of opportunities for growth. This company prefers to higher outside rather then promote within.
Pros
free breakfast on friday and good benefits
Cons
no clear career path. no advancement oppurtunities
tyipical day at the job is repeatative
Customer Care Operator (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VAJanuary 11, 2015
A typical day at my job is calling dispatching .
Ive learned at this job is that you can never check yourself enough when it comes down to making sure you followed proper protocol.
the hardest part of my job is checking yourself, you can easily forget a procedure, then having the possibility of endangering someone's life.
The hardest part of my job is having to putting to someone at ease who is panicing. Whether is be an elevator trap, or someone is in danger.
The most enjoyable part of my jobis helping someone.
Cons
short break( cutt short to clock-in), no room for advancement
Great People and that's it!
Systems Additions (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VADecember 27, 2012
Kastle Systems was my first career out of college. A recruiter called me one day and said he thought I would be a great match for the job. At first it was an exciting experience, as I have never worked in a corporate environment. Soon after a year or so, reality kicked in. I watched my peers disappear one by one as they were either fired, laid off or forced to leave because they couldn't take it anymore. Kastle is a top heavy company that under pays and under appreciates their workers. The company has a solid reputation in the DC area as a front runner in the security sector however the high turnover rate and common mistakes cause them to lose a large portion of their clientele, who usually choose to go to the competitors for lower prices and seek better service. The only department out of the whole organization that does not end up with the short end of the stick is the Sales Department. They pay their salesmen well and treat them as they can do no wrong. As long as they sell of course! Overall, Kastle is a great first job however, do not plan to stay long unless promoted to the sales department within a year. Otherwise, you'll be stuck in Client Services or Project Management for the rest of your life as your soul rots. Oh yeah and do not listen to anything upper management promises. Their stories and promises are misleading and full of deception. Corporate sharks at their finest!
Pros
great people
Cons
low pay, horrible management, under staffed, high turnover, no culture
Great people to work with but Upper Management is lacking.
Client Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAJanuary 6, 2015
Great people to work with. However Upper Management does not listen. Won't even supply employees with any kind of 401k matching.
Don't Do It
Customer Service Operator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 23, 2015
The people here are so unprofessional. The managers can be so CATTY! They attempt to use intimidation, and bullying under the guise that its your performance if you disagree with their methods. I could not wait to get out of there. I would have rather been unemployed than to have stayed there and put up with that kind of Craziness!! STAY AWAY!!
Pros
coworkers were sweet and lots of fun
Cons
the management staff what a joke!
It could be a lot better
Customer Care Operator (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAMay 30, 2012
Overall the company has decided that the bottom line is far more important than its customers or employees. Call center operators average a measly $12 an hour, far below average for other security call centers. Communication between teams and departments is non-existent, with procedures and policies changing on an almost daily basis with little to no warning from management. If you desperately need a job, and Kastle comes calling, it's better than nothing. Make sure you keep your resume active, though, because you don't want to stay for any real length of time.
Pros
there are a lot of good people working here
Cons
communication is non-existent, policies change on a daily basis, and management doesn't seem to know what it's doing
kastle
Client Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 20, 2015
It's all good here in Houston. Management is very considerate and appreciative of their employees'. I am proud to provide excellent service with this company
Good place to work.
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VANovember 18, 2013
Compensation did not reflect the amount of dedication this job required. However, the clients made it all worth it.
Pros
meeting with clients daily, co-workers
Cons
compensation, management
A strong business
Alarm Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TexasMay 24, 2015
Kastle is an alarm monitoring company. This company has a good reputation and a good team to work with. I enjoyed working with this company and if you dont mind working in a room without windows, it is a good place to work for.
Pros
Team environment
Cons
Low Pay
Fun work place, No room for advancement.
Alarmist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 24, 2012
A typical day at Kastle Systems consist of answering calls and making calls. Data entry and writing work orders. Some of the management are unprofessional but nice. My coworkers are fun and nice however, they gossip a lot. The job is not hard at all it's laid back which is the best aspect about the job.
Pros
easy job
Cons
no breaks, not professional, to much gossip.
Review
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAOctober 28, 2013
Typical day at work revolved around handling client request
I learned how to work in a high stress environment
Management was slow to react to evolving client complaints about company
Co-workers were above average
kastle
Customer Care Operator (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VAMay 3, 2013
Great place to work! I love Kastle Systems. The management there is so caring. They really get to know their employees on a personal level. The work isn't too hard; you just have to understand what you're doing.

2.8