Kate Spade New York

Kate Spade New York United States Employee Reviews

Terrible Management
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVFebruary 23, 2015
Co-workers were great, as well as the base pay, however management definitely showed favoritism. We had about 10 managers in one store.
Fun environment
Kate Spade Stock Associate (Current Employee), Vacaville, CAFebruary 7, 2015
Pros: discounts on highly expensive clothes
Cons: hours are very low at this location
I love working here. The management team is the best at any place i've worked at so far. i enjoyed my time here greatly. Im thinking of transferring to another store of theirs when i switch schools.
productive and customer focused environment
Customer service advisor (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: great campaign
Cons: communication between agents and client/managers
a typical day at teleperformance starts with responding to customer emails, possibly calling our Kate Spade stores in London and Oxford to locate items for our customers.
there will also be many calls and web chats that come through throughout the day. Helping customers via these different platforms is one of the most enjoyable parts of the job. some customers aren't confident on the phone so they will choose to chat through web chat or sometimes if a product is damaged the customer will send photos so we are able to assist them better.
overall the management at tele performance is great. team leaders offer superb customer service support to agents. however often information and feedback is not fed from agents to clients and managers as well as it could be, often leaving agents out of the loop.
one of the most challenging parts of the job is chatting to customers via email, telephone and web chat all day. sometimes it would be more effective to be on just one or two of these.
the most enjoyable part of the job is when you really help a customer. everything from tracking down an item a customer has been searching high and low for or if they are simply calling to place and order over the phone because they are having technical difficulties.
ehhh
Sales Associate, Cashier, Stock, Warehose (Former Employee), Cabazon, CAJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: discount on some cool clothes
Cons: not enough given hours
It's a up beat hip store for young people. The management is really strict, but it's like any other retail store. Folding clothes is always a dreadful thing to do. It's hard to sell cause clothes are too expensive. Co workers are nice though. Also the discounts on clothes is a good thing. Hardest thing is to sell the items
fun place
Stock Supervisor (Current Employee), New York, NYDecember 28, 2014
its fun place to work at. there is never a dull moment wrking there
DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY
Stock Supervisor (Current Employee), New York, NYNovember 25, 2014
Pros: there are no pros.
Cons: unbelievably unorganized, management doesn't listen, no room career advancement, racial and sexist judgement coming from corporate.
Overworked, underpaid and under appreciated. I've been here for more than a year and the corporate side has broken everyone of their own rules and a few NYC Labor laws.
Wonderful place to work - Great People - Great Studio
Freelance Still-life Stylist (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 30, 2014
As a Freelancer, I Really enjoy the Studio at Kate Spade NY.
My colleagues are wonderful and the work is enjoyable.
productive workplace with a lot energy and fun people to work with
Stock Associate (Current Employee), Orlando, FLOctober 1, 2014
Pros: discount on merchandize as well connections to other stores
Cons: hours are not guaranteed
a typical day would b showing up to the warehouse to receive shipment. i scan all the boxes so there are in the inventory then me and my team start to process all the merchandize . then we get a replenish report on all the product we need to send to the store so we have all product for display . my co workers and mangers are all outgoing and fun to work with. everyone is on the same page and has there minds set on accomplishing the tasks at hand. the hardest part of my job would is whenever we don't get are shipment on time which affects are sales because we don't have the product on hand . the most enjoyable part of my job is when i back stock all the product and its neatly displayed and organized
Up beat Retail, does not offer advancement
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Bellevue, WAMarch 22, 2014
Must be upbeat for clients
high turnover on employees
preferential treatment
not paid what you are worth
paid below original offer
Fun and Colorful place to work.
Merchandising Coordinator (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: great product, discount, and benefits
A company always looking for the next best thing, with a constant outlook for the future and what can make the company better.
Best learning experience.
visual merchandiser/sales professional (Former Employee), century cityJanuary 4, 2014
Pros: customers
Cons: management
I love Kate Spade New York. It was never a job to me; it was more like a hobby or a luxury. I learned so much from being there and working with them and their colorful company.
Fun company with a creative staff and corporate office.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Williamsburg, VASeptember 4, 2013
Pros: amazing discounts and ability to network on a corporate level.
Cons: pto blackout.
With the amount of growth the company has encountered, the work day is always filled with tasks. In this company, I have learned the importance of visual merchandising and standardizing of the floor and how viewing reports is paramount and dictates what, if any, products need to be moved or rearranged. I also learned what really great customer service is. It is always important to think about your business for the day, tomorrow, and week-end; how your decisions today impact them. The management team always knew what was happening within the store and what our expectations were from corporate and our District Manager. Communication was something we did often via email, text, and phone call. My co-workers are passionate about the brand and the lifestyle. They believe in the credo "live colorfully" to the umpteenth degree. The hardest part of my job was giving up my weekends/holidays to the store and having my phone constantly attached to my hip just in case a member of the management team called with a question. The most enjoyable part of my job is to see the company evolve and be immersed in the KSNY culture; all about individuality!
Creative and Fast Growing Company
Analyst (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 14, 2013
Kate Spade is a fast paced fun and creative company. There is a wonderful corporate culture and great perks.
Fun workplace, but not much motivation or incentive to succeed
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Portland, ORJune 25, 2013
Pros: fantastic employee discount, great work team
Cons: poor compensation
I really enjoy my work here. I have an amazing team of co-workers who are all able to pull together and accomplish tasks which would otherwise be unattainable. I get to sell beautiful, quality products that I believe in. The only negative side is my compensation. I make just enough money to pay my bills every month, and while Sales Associates are paid on an hourly basis, we have the ability to earn commission by having at least $200 sales-per-hour (sph). SPH is the same company wide, and Portland is possibly the lowest volume store in the company. It is incredibly difficult to make $200 sph when there are four customers that walk through the door in two hours. The opportunity the company provides for us to make commission justifies, at least in the eyes of the company, for our low hourly rate.
Be prepared to buy everything in the store.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), San Marcos, TXJune 10, 2013
This job is just like any retail job except you never go home with your pay check. Everyone that works there sells the products to each other and pressures you into buying stuff. If this doesn't bother you, then the job is great!
Inspiring and Supportive Environment
Kate Spade La Jolla, store manager (Current Employee), La Jolla, CAMay 29, 2013
Pros: flexible hours, great benefits, supportive environment
working at Kate Spade has allowed me utilize my interpersonal skills and the knowledge I have attained through my studies at FIDM. The environment is empowering, supportive and challenging.
Positive work environment with supportive management
Operational Supervisor (Current Employee), White Plains, NYMay 19, 2013
Kate Spade New York is a great company to work for. The management team consist of individuals who are very motivational, but also very understanding. The company is still growing, and I anticipate that many positive changes will come about as a result of constant growth and development.
Wonderful Experience!
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee), Palo Alto, CAApril 13, 2013
I had a phenomenal time working with my fellow sales associates. I was able to learn how to communicate with clients and find handbags that fit their desired needs. I was able to time manage and effectively reach my sales goal every week.
Athelete
Sales / Assistant Stock Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 19, 2012
Pros: got paid every week.
Cons: no benefits, and worked 40 hours a week.
I love playing Basketball. Related to the work enviroment, Team Work and Team Goals Must be Achieved.
High Volume Retail Flagship
Stock Supervisor (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 18, 2012
Pros: healthcare
Cons: high turnover
My responsibilities include inventory management such as shipping/receiving, transfers, and send sales. I handle back of house operations and the in house repair service.

Kate Spade New York Salaries