kate spade Employee Reviews

Fast Past
Associate (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILNovember 12, 2017
Long hours, not enough breaks. Holiday weekends are mandatory. Hours scheduled are varied and unreliable to keep a steady job/income. Good discount and the perks are nice.
Management was horrible, everything was disorganized
Muse (Sales Associate) (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAOctober 28, 2017
I loved the discount and the actual job I was doing at Kate Spade. However, the work environment was hostile, they were unwilling to accommodate students, even though it was an entry level, minimum wage job. They were undergoing a whole bunch of changes in management and everything was extremely disorganized, there was little training, and people didn't ever seem to be on the same page or know what was going on. It's a cute store, but the job just wasn't worth it.
Pros
Employee discount, connecting with customers
Cons
Management, training, scheduling
Fast paced , fun to work
Stock Processor (Current Employee) –  Cumberland, RIOctober 27, 2017
Receive packaged merchandise, seperate accordingly, process each individual package, stock merchandise as instructed to, pull merchandise off shelves and prepare them to be delievered by truck to the store location
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXOctober 14, 2017
Great discount and amazing environment to work.
Have to work Black Friday which was the only downside of working there but everything else was amazing and very flexible with my schedule
Unique brand
Senior Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Huntington, NYOctober 13, 2017
I personally enjoyed my atmosphere at Katespade there’s internal personal growth and a way of being to inspire woman and people around us .
I enjoy the fashion and the visual skills tested to merchandise daily.
good work environment
Senior Director Technical Accounting & Reporting (Current Employee) –  North Bergen, NJSeptember 27, 2017
Good team driven for success in a collaborative environment.The company is very customer focused and uses social media very well to keep close to customers and employees.
Pros
Product incentives
Opportunity for improved communication
Merchandising Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 26, 2017
I was at the company during a time of transition. Very disorganized and strategies were unclear. Unfortunately seemed to be a disconnect between executives giving orders and the extremely slim teams forced to carry out the plan. Most employees overworked and unhappy.
Pros
Beautiful office, Sample sale, great brand reputation
Cons
open work space, long hours, high stress environment
Overall good workplace
Sales and Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Camarillo, CASeptember 21, 2017
Fun, exciting and competitive work environment. I really love it, I am just ready to move up and have deleloped so much in a short amount of time. Cheers!
Pros
Fun
Cons
Small store
Productive Fun and advanced technology
IT Support Specialist II (Current Employee) –  North Bergen, NJSeptember 13, 2017
At Kate Spade and Company, i have found it to be productive and fun while learning advance technology. For permanent employees, the potential for growth and expanding one's horizon is possible.
Pros
free gym, awesome lunchroom
Cons
not good for temps or contractor's
Beautiful stores, very competetive
Retail Supervisor, Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 8, 2017
Fun place to work, and we were paid a commission on top of an hourly rate. As a high volume store corporate standards were difficult to meet with out the ability to schedule overtime.
Pros
fun environment, great store discount
Cons
bogged down with policy

Want to know more about kate spade?

Ask a question
Great working environment
Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 4, 2017
have to work at a fast pace you stand up majority of your shift have to be willing to relocate to the stores new process of bags on a regular have to know how to work with different cultures
Pros
have to know how to work with different cultures
It Is a great place to work!
Security (Former Employee) –  North Bergen, NJSeptember 3, 2017
Work hard and get ahead. Lots of opportunity if you put in the time and effort. Management was good and we very good to the rest of the staff. Very caring for the population not just about the work.
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
long days
Positive Enviroment
Seasonal Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 2, 2017
Coworkers are nice and always give good tips. Product knowledge is easy and discounts are good. Management is flexible. Cheerful when meeting sales goals
Amazing workplace, poor hours
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJ 07201September 1, 2017
Amazing staff and company. The discount is amazing. The hours given aren't enough to complete monthly bills. Very flexible shifts, just short. long hours on your feet, very short breaks.
Great Retail Job
Part Time Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 30, 2017
One of the easiest retail Job's I have ever worked. And everyone is extremely friendly. The disccount is also very handy. You learn a lot while working over there, and it is easy to move up within the company if you do your job and do it well.
Kate spade is a great place to work at
Product -Production Manager - consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 28, 2017
Kate spade is an excellent place to work at.
My boss was great, and extremely knowledgeable.
There was certainly a work life balance.
The sample sales were great!!
Pros
Excellent sample sales
Cons
No cons
Run while you can
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bluffton, SCAugust 25, 2017
When I started working in the beginning everything seemed fine but as time progressed, true colors was shown. Customers would get 10% off coupons and can only used them on full priced items and clearance, the catch was nothing in the store was full priced. They wouldn't get rid of the coupons. Management like to micro manage, as and if you're not capable of doing your job. Management definitely have favorites, which are people who worships the ground they walk on. I got scolded for not taking a 10% off coupon that I was told not to take. Hardest part - customers, and management
Enjoyable part - discount
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Management, Customers, Hours
Poor management
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 25, 2017
Had to work manadatory overnights after working during the day. Then had to come back 3 hours after that to work again. District manager played favorites
Pros
Merchandise is great
Cons
Long hours, little pay
Nice place to work
NY. Freelance Accessories Designer (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYAugust 24, 2017
The staff was nice, not overly friendly but cordial. The energy was a little dull and could have been much better! The girl I worked under was nice and patient.
Wonderful and uplifting place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Simpsonville, KYAugust 21, 2017
I love going into work everyday, I am always treated with a a smile and given a run down of what sales were happening. The management team is so helpful and willing to work with your schedule. I would recommend this job to anyone I know.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at kate spade. Our community is ready to answer.