kate spade

kate spade United States Employee Reviews

Fun environment not much room for advancement
Associate Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta gaFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: great free kate gear and great pay
Cons: no room for advancement
Fun employees. Fun shops. Great hourly pay for sales support and managers Great bonuses and incentives ( so much awesome Kate gear to be had & won by all)

Cons
Never knowing your schedule in advance
Conversion!! Seriously ladies stop harping on it if you are making bonus every month
No room for advancement they love to hire from outside
Great Brand to work for
Freelance Product Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: a lot of perks and special office events for associates
Cons: long hours, open work area, very few private offices.
Great brand to work for. very fast paced and ever changing environment. Friendly co-workers and great management team!
Great company to work for.
Operations Manager (Former Employee), West Chester, OHJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: great working environment.
Cons: company went through downsizing.
Enjoyed working with a very committed team. Workforce was committed to getting the job no matter what it took. Team always came through.
Sales driven evnvironment
Lead Sales/Stylist (Former Employee), Charlottesville, VADecember 16, 2014
open and closing operation, managing staff. creating events and invites. daily bank deposit responsbilities. creating innovative posts for social media as the shop stylist.
Productive and Busy Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Woodbury, NYDecember 10, 2014
This store was located in the Woodbury Commons Premium Outlets. It was an upper class store, with very expensive merchandise. Many of the customers did not speak English, because this Outlet mall is a high tourist area, the hardest part was communicating with people who did not speak your own language. However I was still able to communicate with them and get sales.
Typical day
Warehouse associate (Current Employee), Orlando, FLNovember 2, 2014
typical day at work is count registers safe deal with customers, and other finances
Productive and fun environment
Cashier (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVAugust 29, 2014
Pros: discount, products, fun employees
Cons: hours, management
After being told the report for the day, I automatically begin taking customers on my cash register. At the cash rep, give and receive money successfully while taking in multiple phone calls. Also, we get small goals, so I would recommend products and remind them of the promotions. I worked productively with my co-workers, and we all communicated well.

The hardest part of the job was keeping up with fast paced environment. The outlet mall is a popular target with tourist and everyday is busy. Even with the rush, I was able to complete my job and keep up.
fun and colorful enviorment
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 20, 2014
Pros: discount is great
Cons: not to many hour offered
the hardest part of the job is the language barrier that happens sometimes with the customers
Productive Enviorment
Sales Associate/ Cashier (Current Employee), Chandler, AZJuly 1, 2014
It's a great team environment. Helping the customer find what they want.
Fun, Low Stress Environment.
Sales associate / cashier (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 26, 2014
Pros: 1 hr lunch per 8hr shift. free clothes, great discount
Cons: 5 hour shifts, parking, new management, crowds
a typical day at work starts with a warm welcome from other sales associates. Walking to the back room toting your favorite Kate Spade bag in hand. we all get a locker and sometimes share lockers because there is not enough. Co workers are friendly and always willing to help each other out. management is well…. debatable. there is some managers who go above and beyond while others just stand around and complain. the hardest part of the job is keeping everyone comfortable as the store is small and often times a line must be started out side. the most enjoyable part of the job is the freedom of dress code and the great benefits which include 1-3 free pieces of clothing up to 4 times a year and the amazing employ discount not to mention great gifts for birthdays and holidays.
waste of time,gas & energy
kate spade (Current Employee), CabazonJune 17, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: everything else
they hired me on at the end of march used me for about 2 weeks then they cut my hours to zero i haven't worked there since April 18th they continued to send my schedule but i had no hours and then they stopped sending the schedule, i wrote them asking for the newest one and they never got back to me its been almost a month since I've emailed them and still no response they have not terminated me or laid me off nothing have not received papers in the mail saying that i was they are a bunch of crooks looking for free labor out young adults and teens like my self i have bills to pay and 2 kids to support they way they do there employees is a bunch of BULL!!!!!!
very fun place to work. Loved all the products so selling was something I was very passionate about.
Client Specialist (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 17, 2014
Through out the day traffic in the store would either be very heavy or very slow but there was plenty to do during down time. I learned a lot about how product knowledge was the difference between making a sale and not making a sale. My co workers were a blast and very helpful.The hardest part of the day would be the end the day putting everthing back in its rightful place, but once you memorized where evrything went things went a lot smoother. The most enjoyable part of the job I'd say was definitly interacting with the clients and making sure they had a wonderful experience while they shopped at Kate Spade.
fundamentals of a job during High school
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 3, 2014
This was my very first job as at first I was eager to where the cute clothes and get a discount for the product. This job quickly turned into a thriving environment for me where I longed to wake up early to help complete a floor set, process shipment and make sure the store windows were not just the first thing people see but the best. this is where I gained a passion for marketing, customer experience reports and learning about what sells and why something sells more than something else, including product placement, time of year and customer feedback reports. Even-though I was just a sales associate, I worked with all of the team whenever I was not in school and they taught me lots of great techniques that I still use today. I definitely would say the hardest part of this job was not being able to grow as much as I wanted to due to the job advancement opportunities, and the most enjoyable was learning all the aspects of retail from the front of the store to the back.
Fine retail job
Private events and sales at Southpark Mall (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: discounts
Cons: not enough hours
A typical day includes greeting customers, engaging them in conversation/prompting sales/explaining product attributes and benefits. Co-workers are wonderful, as are the clients/customers.
Professional and very fast pace environment
Knitwear Freelancer (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 25, 2014
A typical day working at Kate Spade requires to produce all flats and edits for review and then cad all flats that are approved. Some of the responsibilities are updating the line sheet, taking photos of designs and updates, updating boards for presentations and reviews, proficient in illustrator and photoshop, naming and filing all designs and fabric swatches, specing samples, updating BOMs and spec sheets, creating patterns and producing color ways for each design for approval. All the co-workers are professional and nice to work with. The hardest part of the job is completing the daily assignments on time. The managing of the team can use some help. Some of the assignments are time sensitive projects that require some time to be executed and are not given the appropriate time to be completed.
Work enviroment
Sales specialist (Current Employee), Bellevue, WAFebruary 6, 2014
A typical day at work consists of working hard with full energy; learning new arrival merchendise's. Paying attantion to my customer needs is always a priority. As a sales Associate providing great customer service is the main focus of my job.
Overall fun place to work, where one can meet amazing people.
Stylist (Current Employee), Niagara Falls, NYJanuary 29, 2014
A typical day would consist of greeting customers and informing them of current sales and new product. Followed by checking back not the customer to see if they have any questions. The focus is on completing the sale and making the consumer feel good about what they may have purchased. I've learned so much from this company, including just how intricate the construction of luxury handbags is. Along with how to become a better seller and not being afraid to take that next step to try bigger, better, new things.
fun brand
Management (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 27, 2014
amazing collection, fun brand
hard work required
company friendly
Fun, exciting, and productive work environment
Temp Licensing Coordinator (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: long break, exciting tasks, friendly/energetic environment, and the sample sale!
Cons: none comes to mind
I LOVED temping for Kate Spade. I worked in the Licensing department as a Licensing Coordinator. I worked closely with the Licensing Manager, her boss, the Merchandising department and the Public Relations department. I learned a lot in this role in just 2 months. The perk of the job was the amazing sample sale for the holidays. I bought 5 handbags, a wallet, hat and a fashion necklace for under $200! It was so much fun to work there.
daily work load
Stock Associate (Former Employee), Central Valley, NYJanuary 12, 2014
Pros: steady hours
Cons: part time.
i would receive shipment monday threw friday and unload it off the dock in a an organized pattern ready to be processed sent to the store . prices changes and shift are made at the warehouse before sent to store .

About kate spade

kate spade's story is one of simplicity, like the bags it sells, and expansion. The company, begun in 1993 by designer Kate Spade – Read more

kate spade Salaries