kate spade Employee Reviews

Kate Spade
Product Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 9, 2017
I was in charge of managing and organizing the sample closet, tracking and managing packages, reviewed samples, and add costing into database.

I learned what is involved in the production process and got the hands on experience of what is taught in my classes.

My managers and co-workers were all helpful, always there when anyone needed help.

Hardest part was the commute I lived over an hour and a half away it was very hard sometimes.

Best part was adding the costing and reviewing the samples. I got to see how the industry really works and I loved every second of it.
fun and productive work environment
Retail Sales (Current Employee) –  Simpsonville, KYJanuary 7, 2017
we care about our customers and our employees. management includes a wonderful set of woman that are career driven. it is a fun place to work and the location is wonderful
Pros
management
Cons
Can't offer me many hours
Great environment
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  North Las Vegas, NVJanuary 6, 2017
Flow of traffic was constant, but it is specific to location. We did not have very many meetings, but management was good for the most part. At my location, most of the associates were young (18-25) but really great. Overall, it was an amazing opportunity to grow as a person and sell great product. what more can you want from a retail job?
Cons
no healthcare unless youre fulltime (only managers are)
Fast paced
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Central Valley, NYJanuary 5, 2017
We really had to sell quickly and efficiently, while not rushing, and simultaneously helping customers leave with everything they came looking for. It helped me learn a lot about selling techniques
great place to work
Assistant Store Leader (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 11, 2016
great place to work! great work life balance awesome luxury retail benefits! good hours and flexible scheduling

management is great and attentive

working holidays is rough but fair here

working with people everyday is awesome!
High end
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bluffton, SCDecember 11, 2016
Was an ok place to work. You learn a lot about accessories, especially bags and their materials that they are made out of. It is a high end store so you must put more effort into making the customers feel acknowledged and attended too. Great discounts as well.
Pros
discounts
Cons
management can be too strict
Fun atmosphere, but strict sales goals.
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCDecember 5, 2016
Enjoyable place to work and almost always fast paced environment. Great employee discount! Management can be very strict at times. Most enjoyable part of the day was meeting new people from all across the world and helping sell them products.
Fun work enviroment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Wrentham, MANovember 7, 2016
great company, great employee discount fun culture with a great product line! It is a very interactive job perfect for any fashionista! Would recommend
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXOctober 25, 2016
High energy place to work and amazing coworkers. It really feels like a family and management does a good job at rewarding hard work.
Customer Focused and High Energy
Part-Time Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Jeffersonville, OHOctober 17, 2016
Our main job is to please each and every customer. We take the time to learn all our handbags names and their leather's, cleanliness is always a main focus at the store as well.
Pros
Flexible work schedules
Cons
Short Staffed
Kate Spade Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 15, 2016
A very fun work environment with great discounts. Rarely room to move up in the company. Management has always been very fun and understanding. Overall great place to work.
Productive/strong willed company with an easy going attitude
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAOctober 7, 2016
Wake up and start work anywhere from 6:00AM-9:00am work a 9 hour shift with 2 breaks and 1 full hour lunch. Process items From previous day including that day's item pull. Make 2-3 runs to the main store, deliver and put away all merchandise. Return back to warehouse and repeat processing/markdowns for store. Great coworkers, lots of fun. Strong willed management with little effort given in terms of help or communication.
Pros
Fun environment, great for part timers
Cons
Lack of comuncation with managers
Great brand
manager (Current Employee) –  Bay Area, CAOctober 3, 2016
Great place to work overall with great work life balance. Has a fun and genuine management team and corporate partners. However there is very little opportunity for advancement.
Decent for part time job
Sales Associate/Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 30, 2016
It was a lively environment and enables you to grow into the world of diversity. It allows you to build on your resume while having some great benefits. Organization and communication were a little off and could use some work.
Great place to work.
Sales/Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 29, 2016
Love the job, love the people I work with. Extremely easy job. Place hand bags where they need to be filled, assist guests. Fix up back of house. All in all enjoyable job.
Pros
Long breaks, nice staff.
Put your smile on
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 27, 2016
It's like waking up to a nightmare. Soon after you start to settle in, you'll realize quickly that it's all a pony show. The company has great benefits. You're pretty restricted in what you can wear if it's not KSNY. Be prepared to spend your own money if there aren't enough sales for the day.
Pros
Benefits and PTO
Cons
the people
Fun Product
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CASeptember 21, 2016
Fun place to be part time. The company makes fun, and lovely things. Management does not do reviews or train fully or properly. A typical day can be smooth, guests are mostly on vacation which makes for a fun and enjoyable time while interacting in sales.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Management needs supervision and more direction
Good pricing for today's travelers
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 3, 2016
A typical day would include working with many different individuals of different cultures who come to purchase clothing. I am a Sales Associate and enjoy working with people; my co-workers as well. Teamwork is what it is all about.
Great environment and the people I worked for as well.
Operations Lead (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 31, 2016
Kate Spade was a great environment. I really enjoyed everyone that I worked with. If the opportunity for advancement were there I would have stayed with the company.
Great people to work with
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Kate spade miromar outletAugust 28, 2016
The management team does not care about you. When you ask them a question they act irritated. I love the people I work with just not the managers. Very disorganized

Ask a question about working or interviewing at kate spade. Our community is ready to answer.