kate spade Employee Reviews

Vibrant Work Enviroment
Senior Sales Supervisor and Shop Stylist (Former Employee) –  Auburn, NYFebruary 10, 2017
Kate Spade was a wonderful job. As the shop stylist I was able to help customers find items that would enhance their personal style as well as give them confidence. On a typical day I would greet customers as they entered the store, letting them know about our exciting promotions, as well as helping them find that perfect item. I learned an incredible amount in the time I spent working for Kate Spade. Customer relations is something that I am passionate about. My goal was to make every visitor feel welcomed and thrilled with their purchase. One of the more difficult parts of the job was dealing with customers who were not satisfied with their product. It was a good challenge for me and my goal was to have every customer leave happier than when they arrived. I feel that I was able to succeed much of the time at reaching this goal. The most enjoyable part of the job was my fabulous co-workers as well as our loyal customers. It was a joy to be a part of such a wonderful and vibrant work environment.
Good Company
Inbound/Receiving Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHJanuary 31, 2017
Good Company with Opportunities in regards to Senior Mgmt. The Director is a great individual but some of the members of senior management lack professional people skills
Pros
Fun Place to work
Cons
Lack of consistent daily direction
Cute products and fun environment, minus management
Sale Lead (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 30, 2017
I liked working at Kate Spade and was super excited when I was brought on. Selling to the customers was fun and selling your personal favorite pieces in the store was even better and I really enjoyed it for sometime. For the most part all the sales associates were really nice and fun to work around.

The biggest downfall of this company is the expectations that are given to the managers from corporate and the managers not knowing how to implement these requirements. Management did not adequately train any of the newer sales associates but expected the world from them. Management at my specific location was also horrible with scheduling and hiring. There would be times where people were getting 4 hours a week and management would act surprised when there were no calls no shows. This company has unrealistic expectations with not enough compensation. You can't expect people to love where they work and dedicate their time to it if they're getting 0 to 4 hours a week, sorry. Kate Spade is a very sales-driven company, which I love, but it's hard to sell when you have someone gawking in your ear constantly about what you're not doing but with no tips on how to do it better or improve!

And not to mention when I was brought on board I was promised at least 28 hours a week and that ended up being around 10 to 15 hours a week. You can probably guess why I left.
Pros
Discount on products, fun people, fun atmosphere
Cons
Low hours, over staffing, management
Fun environment
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCJanuary 28, 2017
This job allowed you to work with customers and help them purchase the right handbag for them! Product knowledge was important.
fun, fast paced, work life balance
Event Coordinator (Current Employee) –  DC - District of Columbia, DCJanuary 23, 2017
great place to work. Clients are the best to work with and the work life balance is taken into consideration. Store level management is great for the most part. Internal promotion is rare though.
Pros
work life balance, clientele
Cons
no clear path for career advancement
Productive work environment
Sales Clerk and Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 22, 2017
In a regular day I would greet customers, help them find the product they were looking for, and handle the payments and returns.
Fun workplace
Senior Lead (Current Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLJanuary 20, 2017
Friendly environment. Pleased customers. The Kate Spade team is very upbeat. Customer satisfaction is number one. You also make bonus when you succeed the month's overall goal.
Fast pased but easy going work pace.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAJanuary 19, 2017
I would come into work at 9:30 and start the coffee, clean the salon, and check the stylists books. I would then call and confirm each appointment as well as the next days appointments. I would mainly go around and clean up after each stylist, whether it be sweeping up hair, picking up towels, or cleaning their tools. I was also in charge of the laundry; washing, drying, folding and putting away. If the store ever needed an extra hand I was always called upon. I would help with shipments early in the morning, I would jump on the cash register when ever the line got super busy, and I would take out the trash. The hardest part of my day was the unfortunate handling of breaks, I would never get my two breaks, or if i did it was always one break and never at the right time. The salon manager was great, amazing personality and a real people person, the store manager however was a different story. The most enjoyable part of my day was being around all of the employees. It was really like a family.
Pros
Family environment, Great people
Cons
horrible management
Kate Spade
Product Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 9, 2017
I was in charge of managing and organizing the sample closet, tracking and managing packages, reviewed samples, and add costing into database.

I learned what is involved in the production process and got the hands on experience of what is taught in my classes.

My managers and co-workers were all helpful, always there when anyone needed help.

Hardest part was the commute I lived over an hour and a half away it was very hard sometimes.

Best part was adding the costing and reviewing the samples. I got to see how the industry really works and I loved every second of it.
fun and productive work environment
Retail Sales (Current Employee) –  Simpsonville, KYJanuary 7, 2017
we care about our customers and our employees. management includes a wonderful set of woman that are career driven. it is a fun place to work and the location is wonderful
Pros
management
Cons
Can't offer me many hours
Great environment
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  North Las Vegas, NVJanuary 6, 2017
Flow of traffic was constant, but it is specific to location. We did not have very many meetings, but management was good for the most part. At my location, most of the associates were young (18-25) but really great. Overall, it was an amazing opportunity to grow as a person and sell great product. what more can you want from a retail job?
Cons
no healthcare unless youre fulltime (only managers are)
Fast paced
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Central Valley, NYJanuary 5, 2017
We really had to sell quickly and efficiently, while not rushing, and simultaneously helping customers leave with everything they came looking for. It helped me learn a lot about selling techniques
great place to work
Assistant Store Leader (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 11, 2016
great place to work! great work life balance awesome luxury retail benefits! good hours and flexible scheduling

management is great and attentive

working holidays is rough but fair here

working with people everyday is awesome!
High end
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bluffton, SCDecember 11, 2016
Was an ok place to work. You learn a lot about accessories, especially bags and their materials that they are made out of. It is a high end store so you must put more effort into making the customers feel acknowledged and attended too. Great discounts as well.
Pros
discounts
Cons
management can be too strict
Fun atmosphere, but strict sales goals.
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCDecember 5, 2016
Enjoyable place to work and almost always fast paced environment. Great employee discount! Management can be very strict at times. Most enjoyable part of the day was meeting new people from all across the world and helping sell them products.
Fun work enviroment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Wrentham, MANovember 7, 2016
great company, great employee discount fun culture with a great product line! It is a very interactive job perfect for any fashionista! Would recommend
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXOctober 25, 2016
High energy place to work and amazing coworkers. It really feels like a family and management does a good job at rewarding hard work.
Customer Focused and High Energy
Part-Time Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Jeffersonville, OHOctober 17, 2016
Our main job is to please each and every customer. We take the time to learn all our handbags names and their leather's, cleanliness is always a main focus at the store as well.
Pros
Flexible work schedules
Cons
Short Staffed
Kate Spade Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 15, 2016
A very fun work environment with great discounts. Rarely room to move up in the company. Management has always been very fun and understanding. Overall great place to work.
Productive/strong willed company with an easy going attitude
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAOctober 7, 2016
Wake up and start work anywhere from 6:00AM-9:00am work a 9 hour shift with 2 breaks and 1 full hour lunch. Process items From previous day including that day's item pull. Make 2-3 runs to the main store, deliver and put away all merchandise. Return back to warehouse and repeat processing/markdowns for store. Great coworkers, lots of fun. Strong willed management with little effort given in terms of help or communication.
Pros
Fun environment, great for part timers
Cons
Lack of comuncation with managers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at kate spade. Our community is ready to answer.