kate spade Employee Reviews

Good First Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAJanuary 30, 2016
They really follow the policies and help train you for future retail opportunities.
Learned a lot
Co-workers were helpful
Review Summary
Sales Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 8, 2016
How awesome is it to work for one of your favorite brands.Kate Spade has such an amazing work environment and company culture. Its truly such a fun brand to work for.
Terrific job perks, high expectations
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Gaffney, SCJanuary 5, 2016
The job required high energy levels in order to meet daily sales goals; however, this wasn't always hard due to the demand of the product. A day on the sales floor is evenly mixed with clienteling and tasking. For the most part, the job is fun. Co-workers are easy to get along with. Yet, it can be competitive and often childish when people feel as if they need to "fight" over sales. Most managers are terrific, and you will learn a lot from them. Some, unfortunately, do not have good communication styles with their employees. I think dealing with those individuals was the worst part of the job. Overall, I feel like I grew as an employee. I became more assertive, and developed clearer communication skills. I learned more about the business side of retail, like dealing with figures and making plans to meet sales goals. The best part of the job would be the discounts and wardrobing options. The pay is also competitive, and the benefits are excellent. In conclusion, a nice place to work, especially if you want to move up in a company.
Fun workplace, allowed fashion fused with customer service
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, GADecember 11, 2015
Kate Spade is a great place to work. The management is very understand and helpful in making a schedule that fits with my school classes and personal activities. There are great incentives such as gifted items for reaching a goal, reduced priced clothing to wear to work, and a great discount.
Pros
Management cares, lunch provides for holidays, accomodating
Cons
not enough staff for holiday and after
Fun place to work, exciting merchandise and great discount
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Short Hills, NJDecember 2, 2015
you can not make any commotion even tho you meet your sales goal. try to become a permanent associate so you can enjoy double discount and you can get your first kate spade shoe for a great price.
Pros
fun job
Cons
no commotion
Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYOctober 5, 2015
Fun place to work and the work is generally easy. It is nice that there was not too much pressure to make sales goal. Managerial aspect and scheduling is terrible, they won't schedule you for two weeks but then want you to be available 30 hours all of a sudden, they want you to be devoted to this part time job when they don't show the same care for you.
Pros
Discount, fun product/brand
Cons
terrible schedule habits from managers, on call shifts
Long Hours
Assistant Knitwear Freelancer (Former Employee) –  New York, New YorkOctober 5, 2015
I didn't work here very long. The pay wasn't good and the hours were very long. They never provided dinner for us. Overall experience wasn't very good.
A productive but also hard working enviorment.
Role- Stock Associate, and Back Stocking (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VaSeptember 8, 2015
A very fun work place for me. I was able to pick up on and learn allot from the job. I had a great time working for Kate Spade. The managment team and store owner taught me so much about retail and stock. I am truly thankful for the expereince there.
Pros
catered lunch here and there
Cons
More sale associates that wanted to work
overall a wonderful company to work for
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  West Chester, OHJuly 27, 2015
working for Kate Spade I have learned a lot of skills throughout the years, I challenged myself and the supervisors and co-workers encouraged me to strive for the best.
Pros
working for a great company
Cons
would like to have continueous overtime
colorful happy place to work
Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAJune 25, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job is truly helping a customer find exactly what they are looking for and watching them leave with a huge smile on their face.
Creative and Fun Place to Work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYMay 20, 2015
Live Colorfully!! Working at Kate Spade has to be the best retail company that I have ever worked for. You are encouraged to enjoy life and everything around you and then bring that all into the brand. The clothes are amazing, the accessories are darling and the shoes?!? To die for!

A typical day is spent embodying the kate spade girl and sharing all you love about her with the most amazing clients. The love of the brand is infectious.
love kate spade
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 26, 2015
I absolutely have the best boss ever. He cares not only about each sales associate, but also ways to help us grow within the company.
Great work environment solid staff
Distribution Sales and Stocking (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAMarch 28, 2015
I appreciate the experience and the peers that I worked with. Kate Spade is a great place to work. I would recommend the Livermore operation to anyone looking for a solid place to work
Fun environment not much room for advancement
Associate Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta gaFebruary 10, 2015
Fun employees. Fun shops. Great hourly pay for sales support and managers Great bonuses and incentives ( so much awesome Kate gear to be had & won by all)

Cons
Never knowing your schedule in advance
Conversion!! Seriously ladies stop harping on it if you are making bonus every month
No room for advancement they love to hire from outside
Pros
great free kate gear and great pay
Cons
no room for advancement
Great Brand to work for
Freelance Product Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 28, 2015
Great brand to work for. very fast paced and ever changing environment. Friendly co-workers and great management team!
Pros
a lot of perks and special office events for associates
Cons
long hours, open work area, very few private offices.
Great company to work for.
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHJanuary 16, 2015
Enjoyed working with a very committed team. Workforce was committed to getting the job no matter what it took. Team always came through.
Pros
great working environment.
Cons
company went through downsizing.
Sales driven evnvironment
Lead Sales/Stylist (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VADecember 16, 2014
open and closing operation, managing staff. creating events and invites. daily bank deposit responsbilities. creating innovative posts for social media as the shop stylist.
Productive and Busy Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, NYDecember 10, 2014
This store was located in the Woodbury Commons Premium Outlets. It was an upper class store, with very expensive merchandise. Many of the customers did not speak English, because this Outlet mall is a high tourist area, the hardest part was communicating with people who did not speak your own language. However I was still able to communicate with them and get sales.
Typical day
Warehouse associate (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 2, 2014
typical day at work is count registers safe deal with customers, and other finances
Productive and fun environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 29, 2014
After being told the report for the day, I automatically begin taking customers on my cash register. At the cash rep, give and receive money successfully while taking in multiple phone calls. Also, we get small goals, so I would recommend products and remind them of the promotions. I worked productively with my co-workers, and we all communicated well.

The hardest part of the job was keeping up with fast paced environment. The outlet mall is a popular target with tourist and everyday is busy. Even with the rush, I was able to complete my job and keep up.
Pros
discount, products, fun employees
Cons
hours, management