Position: Breakfast and Lunch Cook
Hours: 5:30 am to 2 pm; Must be able to work weekends
Summary of Position:
Accurately and efficiently prepares breakfast and lunch menu items, including final plate preparation. Assists in catering preparation when needed.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepares a variety of eggs, meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables and other food items for cooking in broilers, ovens, grills, fryers and a variety of other kitchen equipment.
- Completes opening checklist and effectively communicates kitchen hand-off to dinner cook.
- Knows and complies consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, recipes, policies and procedures.
- Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service period.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work station area.
- Follows proper plate presentation for all dishes.
- Handles, stores, labels, and rotates all products properly.
- Assists with catering preparation as needed.
- Graciously and quickly fulfills any guest request possible.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Owner.
- Previous experience REQUIRED
- Must possess a positive attitude and work well with other team members
- Must possess even–tempered disposition at all times.
- Must be able to read and follow a recipe unsupervised.
- Must be able to communicate clearly with other restaurant staff.
- Be able to reach and bend and frequently lift up to 40 pounds.
- Be willing to follow direction and ask questions for clarification if needed.
- Be able to work in a fast-paced kitchen environment.
- Maintains a Customer focus while performing duties.
- References required.