Katoen Natie Employee Reviews

Productivea and interesting workplace
Production Worker (Current Employee), La Porte, TXMay 12, 2015
Pros: near home
Cons: short lunches
I like the company and management. The facility is always clean and orderly. The guys I work with are very helpful and skilled.
Low pay and poor job training unless you are lucky and get a strong lead
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), La Porte, TXFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: no breaks and just all around miserable place
Poor management there is nothing but favoritism and the rest are left to fend for themselves. Unreasonable salary and all around bad attitudes with nothing but drama and backstabbing this is a horrible company to work for.
Unorganized, Unsafe
Operator (Current Employee), La Porte, TXDecember 12, 2014
Started here as an entry level operator with a Process Technology degree and due to the quality of people hired there, knew more than most of the existing staff in the door. Katoen Natie's pay rate is horrible and the employees they hire reflect this. With nowhere to advance in payscale most employees seek other employment after becoming well trained in the unit procedures.
Management not in touch with employees
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), texasJune 26, 2014
Pros: uniform tshirts
Cons: management
Management played favorites and was not in touch with their employees. Even the owner of the company was arrogant and rude. Employees are treated horribly there unless you were a few of the chosen few that had managed to have survived from the beginning. Employees come and go continuously there.
high volume/under paid employees
Shipping & Receiving Supervisor/ Forklift Operator (Current Employee), La Porte, TXJune 26, 2014
Highly unorganized and short staffed; staff is extremely underpaid for the high volume of work done throughout the warehouse.
fast pace working environment with a lot of learning opportunities
general laborer/Shipping & nReceiving (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 2, 2014
shipping and receiving was a very good learning experience for me. I would pick paper find the shipments for the morning and proceed to find others for the day. after lunch do the same and also help out the repack crew with the bagging and re sacking.
Management was a major help any time I needed supplies from ppe to correct paper work they were there to help even got hands dirty and helped with repacking when we were backed up in shipping and receiving and weren't able to lend a hand.
work like slaves
Rail Operator/Transfer Operator (Current Employee), La Porte, TXMarch 25, 2014
Pros: overtime
Cons: no time for family
you hit rock bottom if you work here. only imigrants and felons work here.
Good Training/Starting Company
Yard Driver (Current Employee), La Porte, TXMarch 7, 2014
Cons: short breaks, favoritism
KTN works its current employees too hard for very little pay but it is a great company to gain some experience to move on to another job
Busy warehouse with horrible managers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), La Porte, TXJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: close to home, gained knowledge og industry
Cons: low pay, rude managers, rude co workers
when you work for this company, you are just another person to them. most managers have their "favorite" leads, and show favortism twards them only. most of the workers there are just working there until they can find something else. hardest part of the job was dealing with the immature co workers and being subjected to harsh wrok enviornments. the most enjoyable part of the day was getting to go home.
Good job/difficult work enviroment
CSR/Domestic Trucking dispatch (Former Employee), La Porte, TXJanuary 18, 2014
Pros: company christmas party, safety days, customer relations
Cons: a couple of co workers, and late late hours working alone when my team members would leave to go home.
A typical day at work contained so many rumors/cattiness and immaturity plus a lack of team work.
Management did not seem to be present when they needed to be yet involved themselves in ways that were less productive than I believe they wanted to be.
Though I got along with many of my coworkers and even those on other "teams" (we worked in a multi customer environment where all reps of each customer were in the same office.
There were a couple of those on mine and another team that were not friendly or supportive or team players.
The rumor mill/gossip/backstabbing environment was not productive and was the hardest part of the job.
The most enjoyable part of my job was the actual work I did :) The rapport with most of my co workers and outside team members and with our customers/drivers was very good. I enjoyed dispatching trucks though the long hours working alone was difficult for family time. I enjoyed working with our customer/s and with the companies I had to work with to get my job completed each day.
I enjoyed the company parties and social aspects of this job on the outside and I enjoyed a good relationship with our HR rep.
Very Productive
Logistic Supervisor (Current Employee), La Porte, TXJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Supervisor of a 12 to 25 man crew
I learned to deal with other peoples personalities
Management was very ethical
My co-workers where nice and helpful
There was not a task that I could have not took on
I enjoy the people I work around with
Very good company on a global scale.
Mule driver (Current Employee), Houston, TXDecember 27, 2013
Pros: a lot of room for advancement and promotion
Cons: sometimes very long hours and weekends involved.
Great company to work for, good people to work with. They're always expanding and aren't to tight or afraid to spend money on what it takes to get the right equipment or tools to do the job right.
Supervisor/Lead
Production Supervisor (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 27, 2013
Supervisor and Customer Service Lead Representative for Houston Polymers Terminal in La Porte, TX.
Great Company to work for
Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee), La Porte, TexasJuly 8, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
I really enjoyed learning all the different parts of running a warehouse. great place to start your career.
Productive place
Shipping and Receiving manager (Former Employee), Houston TXMarch 11, 2012
Very good place to learn hands on experience. Upper management recognized the individuals who try really to work hard