Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP

Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP Employee Reviews

Great place to begin career
Front Desk/Office Assistant (Former Employee), Washington, DCOctober 1, 2014
Pros: pastries every monday and friday, happy hours, staff events
Cons: healthcare, raises, bonuses
This establishment is fun filled with a sense of compassion for their employees. A typical day at work would begin by smiles and greetings in the kitchen with donuts and pastries provided. As everyone begins to disperse to their individual workplaces it becomes a place of tranquility as everyone seems to be fast at work. Here I learned to be a team player and how to set personal goals with in an organization to be inclusive with Management's goals. The hardest part of the job was to leave as I only left due to salary enhancement. The most enjoyable part of the job were my co-workers as I have remained friends with many of them. This is a great work environment to begin in, it will provide you the skills such as paying attention to details and be assertive, as well as taking the initiative.
Every day legal office
Secretary (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 15, 2014
Your every day office here! A fast or slow day can be encountered. A pleasant face or not so pleasant face can be seen throughout the day on your coworkers. Some departments are a revolving door, others not so much. Its starts at the top and trickles down. I believe to have the best employees, the management should be at its best and praise those under them.
Upbeat and determined work environment
Marketing Database Specialist (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 28, 2014
Helped company growth amid customer analytics, direct marketing strategy and execution as well as channel integration. Required to have an upbeat and superior attention to detail and willingness to take on new challenges.
Executive Legal Assistant-Secretarial Coordinator (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 20, 2014
Would rather discuss on phone interview or regular interview
Good place to learn
Insolvency and Restructuring Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 27, 2014
Katten does a good job training its attorneys. It just isn't a place to work for the long term.
Great place to work.
Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable (Former Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 16, 2013
Had lots of fun with my co-workers.
I enjoyed the responsibilities at my job.
Productive and a fun workplace to work
Records Clerk (Current Employee), Washington, DCOctober 28, 2013
I've been here for at least 5 years and I really love working here, great area and great culture
I love my co workers
the hardest part of my job is making sure reports are up to date and case files are where they need to be
ehhh
Staff (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 11, 2013
Needs more ponies in the show...there is no management structure really to help anybody in moving. That said, the people are fantastic and the lawyers are smart- it doesn't have the biglaw mentality..
Great place to work.
Summer Associate/Corporate Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 14, 2013
Great place to work. Great place to work. Great place to work.
No Typical Day
Legal Secretary (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMay 10, 2013
No day is the same as the one before. You never know who'll by chance be working with or the level of work load you will encounter. I've learned here it is all about helping out whenever possible. All co-workers in each department are a resource used on a day-to-day basis.
Laid back firm.
Legal Secretary/Floater (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 25, 2013
Pros: good benefits and very laid back office atmosphere.
My day to day is pretty much quiet aside from the usual which would be answering phones, creating and editing documents, booking meetings and travel for attorneys as requested.

Management is pretty good.

Co-workers and very nice, friendly and very helpful. Everyone helps out.
Productive place to work, poor management
Conflicts Analyst (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 12, 2013
There is poor management here from top to bottom. Very productive there though. Great benefits.
A Good Place to Work
legal secretary (Former Employee), Washington, DCDecember 18, 2012
A typical day at work was just that. When I arrived at work, I scanned emails for any assignments, then I reviewed my work folders in anticipation of the arrival of my attorney. You can never not know enough about a law office, or any office, to keep things running smoothly and efficiently. The HR staff was always available to meet and/or sit down and talk about any problems or concerns. Overall, everyone I met was a professional and was willing to lend assistance, if needed. The hardest part of the job was interacting with co-workers (not to mean being 'unfriendly'), but I was more into and interested in work. The most enjoyable part of any job for me is putting my best foot forward.
Excellent law firm
Senior Accounting Specialist (Former Employee), Century City, CASeptember 13, 2012
Pros: end of the month party. representing the company at any sport event
In my position with Katten Muchin Rosenman I worked as a senior accounting specialist. I managed the comany's finances by tracking daily invoices, processing checks, and ran monthly company reports. I was able to hone my accounting skills with my day to day duties. I managed my junior accounting specialist and spearheaded the research for solutions to issues that would arise. I looked up to my seniors and found it very easy to go to them on any issue I was having difficulty resolving. The only part of the job that I found as a minor difficulty in was not the job it's self, but the distance from my home. The most enjoyable part of the job for me can on a daily basis. I love numbers and accounting and considered myself blesed to do what I love everyday.
Horrible place to work
Legal Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 12, 2012
Pros: healthcare package, vacation days
Cons: management, compensation
Pro's: Insurance Plan.
Con's :Everything else. Went somewhere else and was paid twice as much. Also, my boss was the antichrist.