Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Katz & Associates is a public affairs and community relations firm, and is expanding its presence in San Francisco. Our firm is looking for a proactive communication liaison to support its existing base of government, water, transit, infrastructure and construction-industry clients. Would work on-site with clients in our San Francisco office.
The ideal candidate would be able to perform these responsibilities:
- Manage the production of collateral materials;
- Develop and manage special events and public meetings;
- Draft and proofread news releases, newsletter articles, facts sheets and other client materials as needed;
- Implement and successfully conduct media relations and social media outreach initiatives for the client(s);
- Interact regularly with clients on a tactical level;
- Respond to community or media inquiries;
- Support efforts to expand client base; and
- Assist with proposal and/or presentation development
Applicant must be detail oriented, client focused and has strong familiarity with AP style guidelines. Additional skills required include: strong problem-solving skills, proofreading, writing, project management, diplomacy, creativity, leadership, and initiative. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and most social media tools.
Ideal candidate has two to four years related experience in a public affairs or public relations agency. Media relations and/or government relations experience is required. Previous experience with construction outreach is a plus. Knowledge of San Francisco and the greater Bay area is preferred. Bachelor’s degree in related area required.
- Some travel may be required
- Some evening and weekend work may be required
- A valid driver’s license is required