Kauffman Tire Employee Reviews

Hard Working Company
Management Trainee (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 21, 2017
Kauffman Tire is a fair company in a highly competitive market. The long work hours and Saturday hours was not a ideal situation for me. As a recent college grad with dual degrees, working as a glorified tire salesman (Management Trainee Program) was not a good fit.
Good But Not Good at the same time
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAJune 14, 2017
I worked at Kauffman under a internship and was only working around 20 hours per week compared to the other workers working 40 hours, After a few months I was called in the office to let me know that I had be terminated because of downsizing but when I received my separation notice it said lack of work but I was put up half the numbers that the other people were and I would only get scheduled for half their time and I was only an intern. I was confused and frustrated about this because there was something shady going on there every person in management or higher that I came in contact with told me a totally different story. Good pay and a good environment but the corporate part of this company is terrible.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Bad Corporate office
Great place to work if you stay
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaJune 6, 2017
I really did enjoy working for Kauffman. It was a relatively easy job for a good pay. In fact I told them what I needed to make when I started (which was above the starting pay for my position) and they gave it to me, no questions asked. My problem is there is no room for advancement unless you personally know the CEO. On top of that they dont seem to know where they are going as a company. You can come in and have a completely new set of rules one day. I have also had 5 store managers and 4 supervisors in the course of 1 year of employment. The last straw for me was when they offered me no pay for my maternity leave. They also did not offer me job protection during my leave. When I reached out to the VP of HR he didnt seem to care about my greivances, yet they claim to be this super involved family business.
Pros
Discounts, easy work day
Cons
inconistent management, different rules all the time, do not value employees
Lead Technician
Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Covington, GAJune 3, 2017
A great opportunity to give back to Automotive, I am a Automotive Student and Kauffman Tire gave me the chance to give new Technicians advise and show them some things I learned over the years.
Pros
New Technology
Cons
Dyi community
Fast-paced work environment
Advanced Technician (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAMay 16, 2017
Work consisted of independent work, making sure customer's vehicles were serviced properly and quickly. Learning was done on the job from higher up technicians. The learning curve can be steep if a higher position is desired but efficient is the main component.
Just Another Employee
Outside Sales- open new accounts, make face (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 15, 2017
Work for the company for over 10 years and every time the owner would come to my location, he would introduce himself. I was just an employee number. Not a good idea unless management came up with it. Constantly teased about my accent by management.
Not a place to work if you have a life.
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Hiram, GAApril 8, 2017
Let's see here, pay is...alright. Its not enough to compensate for the insane time you put in here. Always staying late. Some weeks don't get a day off. Having to cancel plans/appointments made because even though you requested the day off and it was approved, it gets revoked last minute and you scramble to figure out how to reschedule. Dont make a mistake, that customer will end up with a free something or another and you wind up in the dog house. The most enjoyable part of the job is enjoying the hour or two you have at home before going to bed and dealing with it all again the next day.
Pros
None really
Cons
Just about everything
Tire industry front runner on equipment
Pricing Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 3, 2017
I managed a new, modern shop with 9-12 employees. Not really a bad place to work, but work you must if you want to stay in and excel in the company. There are opportunities, but as with most companies, they are going to promote the people they go the extra mile...and/or rub the right people the right way.
Not what they appear to be!
Business Account Manager/ Outside Sales (Current Employee) –  Alabaster, ALFebruary 19, 2017
In the beginning this company is the best to work for. The draw back is that this company is incredibly selfish and greedy. The more you do for them the less they respect you. They form unrealistic goals and could care less about the employee or the clients. It's all about the $ they make.
Pros
Great moneyvand bonuses in the beginning
Cons
Greedy, selfish, condescending
Not bad/Not great
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 4, 2017
Working at Kauffman is an overall good experience but is not recommended as a career unless you've been with the company for a while. Some stores offer the opportunity to work a four day work week which is really nice! The kaviat is that not all stores participate so it's luck of the draw. Inconsistency between stores is another downfall of working at Kauffman if you're a new associate trying to learn the ropes. There is no commission structure for sales advisors other than an unreasonable tire unit quota and that is disappointing. In summary, Kauffman Tire is a good company that strives to treat its people well but falls just short of that goal. It's a great place to work while you find something better, in my opinion, unless you're looking to become a store manager--they are treated like royalty (for the most part.)
Pros
Weekly pay, four day work week in SOME stores
Cons
Inconsistency, low pay, no commission incentives for sales people
Mechanic Technician (Former Employee) –  Seville, OHJanuary 27, 2017
I thought it was a great place to work until new management came on made me shave my face and treated us like military and not like family as they had said that we were
Pros
They sold out
Cons
They sold out
Work life
wa (Former Employee) –  Ellenwood, GAJanuary 24, 2017
If you are willing to work hard and not expect to much in return it is a good job. Also in slow season you will not make the hours you want but if that is ok it is a perfect job
Plenty of growth opportunities
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 28, 2016
Hard work, great benefits. Pay is very competitive and they stay up to date with all the newest technology in the industry. Training of new employees is one area Kauffman Tire struggles with.
Pros
growth opportunities
Cons
upper management can be unpredictable
Great work environment
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GADecember 15, 2016
Your skills will be tested with this company but that's what makes the environment so great! There are new challenges daily and coworkers are there to help you along the way.
fun place to work
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Covington, GADecember 2, 2016
working with Kauffman was a great experience.
great people with great benefits, meeting new people everyday
learning new thing to help others opening at 8 am and closing at 6pm learning the difference in tires
Pros
learning new things
Cons
i no longer work there
Enjoyed time there
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 1, 2016
Alot of call out B2B (cold calls). Very relaxed and goal driven objectives. I mainly did the accounting for the location. Invoicing, payments, credits and verifying all invoices and payments.
I was only there for 3 months
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  DeSoto, TXOctober 25, 2016
My District Mgr was great. I disagreed with the corporate management style.

My position was not as advertised. I was understaffed and even after working 60 to 70 hours a week I was not able to do my job due to having to fill in at the warehouse position.
Great job, but no career opportunity
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 23, 2016
Kauffman Tire is a great company; they're willing to give anyone a chance to make a difference in their company. The turnover on technicians is pretty outrageous. I think the management can sell a dream better than the reality of what its going to be. With that said, people come in being promised all the highlights of what the company is going to do for them but then sings a different tune. Nothing against the CEO of the company but unhappy workers means poor performance. I think if the company would allow people to rotate weekends off, that would probably be the best thing ever. Work is closed Sundays but Saturdays are mandatory and most workers have family who they can't see until Saturday nights.
Pros
good pay, good work environment
Cons
bad leadership skills
Long hours with little time to have a family.
ADVANCED TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 3, 2016
After working for this company for the past 6+ years, I've seen a lot of things and people come and go. The turn around rate is pretty high (4 managers in 5+ years and countless other employees) and is definitely a morale killer. There is almost no job security, and the benefits, while nice to a degree, become costly because the deductible is so high. This place used to be a fun and interesting place to work, but it's lately gotten worse. Long hours wear you down, especially when stores are severely short-handed, and those long hours impact any sort of family or personal life you may have. They say they'll work with you if you're in school, and that's true, unless you try to attend school AFTER being employed. All in all, I could not, in good conscious, recommend anyone to work for this employer. Not unless there is a sweep for management and they replace the problems at the higher levels.
Pros
Great if you're new to cars.
Cons
Long hours, horrible management
KTire review
Technician (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GAAugust 19, 2016
A good company to start if you do not know anything about cars. Can be dull because the lack of really being in depth with a vehicle. Training lacks, no help is shown from employees or managers unless a simple task that anyone can do and I mean anyone. On slow days still being forced to rush when there is no work to be done. I would never apply back again, employee benefits were weak at certain stores compared to others. Like I said a good place to start if you are starting out with cars.
Pros
car business
Cons
management and pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kauffman Tire. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8