Kauffman Tire Employee Reviews in United States

Join at your own risk
Delivery driver/warehouse associate (Former Employee) –  North Augusta, SCNovember 15, 2015
I've worked at the North Augusta division for 4 years, and in that time I have held the positions of driver and warehouse associate. As a driver it was an surprisingly easy job; driving from shop to shop is all you do every day. One tip I would suggest for anyone entering this job is to workout everyday. Sitting all day will affect your health in a negative way. Next, as a warehouse associate it was a very labor intensive position. Early morning start time-4am- and depending on the time of year a late ending time-4pm- if you're entering this position you will not have a personal life, and honestly the compensation does not make up for that. Management is broken on all levels. co-workers in my experience was great even thou it seemed like there were new guys every other month. The hardest part of the job for a driver was not getting written up for anything, and trust me you'll be written up for anything especially if you're white. The hardest part of the job as an warehouse associate is keeping up with the constant flow of inbound tires; also organizing those tires in such a small warehouse. The most enjoyable part of the job is payday even thou it's lackluster in that regard, and also the quitting time its pretty sweet.
Cons
Avoid if you are a sales professional.
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 17, 2016
It is a backward and dysfunctional wholesale operation. Management at the Executive level has no idea of how to compete in today's market place.
Pros
inside sales staff is a great group of individuals.
Cons
Upper management has no idea nor cares about the wholesale operation.
Productive Workplace
Wholesale Operations (Former Employee) –  United StatesApril 10, 2016
Did everything from inside sales to warehouse work. Learned what the sales industry is like. Managers and co-workers were great overall. Always willing to help and flexible with my schedule. Good overall first job.
Pros
co-workers, managers, work/life balance
entertaining
Warehouse manager (Former Employee) –  orlando floridaApril 15, 2016
good place to work, micro managing and non support from corparate office, saying that i enjoyed working learning in my building, co workers were great!!!
Pros
schedule
benefits
Good Workplace, high pace
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  DeSoto, TXFebruary 27, 2016
Ok workplace, high intensity work. Great team of guys to work with. Constant change of pace with some unrealistic expectations. Equipment maintenance was not up to par.
Pros
Cons
Hard work, low pay
Horrible management
Class B CDL Driver (Former Employee) –  Sharonville, OHJune 11, 2013
I worked there seven months and I had to leave to have Carpel tunnel surgery and when it got time for me to come back they didn't have a position for me to come back too. I talked to other drivers and they told me that the was two open routes, and when I confronted the manager about that he said that they move one driver from the warehouse to driver and that he was going to cover both routes. Then tried to say that I planned on having the surgery when I started working there.
Pros
pays every week, 1wk vaction every 6 months, and good health benefits
Cons
poor management and non professional office staff too
Great Opportunity
Class B Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAOctober 31, 2014
In this position I started as a tire technician. I found the opportunity for advancement in this company to be very rewarding as I advanced to a class B auto technician in little time. The management was very supportive in the advancement of employees within the company.
Pros
advancement opportunites
Cons
compensation was average. benefits were minimal and costly.
Worst company ive worked for
Driver (Former Employee) –  Sharonville, OhioJanuary 14, 2014
I worked there for over a year. Got a raise, made the company money, got Zero write ups. I got called in the office a random Friday and got fired for a speesing ticket I received over a year prior to working there. It was okay when I got hired. There is NO job security here. Over 60% turnover ratio. Corporate didn't even care that I was one of the best workers. You can get fired for any reason at any time. Do not work here.
Pros
hours
Cons
no job security, corporate management is horrible, no ways to advance.
Very unstable, ridiculous turnover rate
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Milton, GADecember 9, 2014
Worked for the company for 1 year 3 months as an Assistant Mgr. In that time period, I had FIVE different store managers. Some veteran, some very green.

Management is not big on "coaching" team members up, rather is much more likely to immediately jump into browbeating if they don't like where your numbers are at. Customer complaints are minimally investigated and management doesn't defend its own employees when it is warranted. Micromanagement runs rampant.

The one good thing I took from this job is it forced me to learn to scratch and claw for every sale. My store had nine direct competitors within a 2-mile radius. If you have a higher standard of integrity, it'll be put to the fire, and you won't make all of your managers happy, but stick to your guns and you can/will still succeed here.

Finally, in the shortest way to put is that no sale is good enough. Any praise for expanding a sale will be minimal, but company culture is to focus on what you missed, even if you turn what walked in as a $96 sale into $1,000+. Yep, that happened.

If you're fine with that. This is the company for you. If you prefer to work among adults, and also be treated like one, look elsewhere.
Pros
sundays off, close shop earlier than most of the competition, major holidays off
Cons
unrealistic bonus structure, never-ending micromanagement and browbeating, absurd turnover rate in both front- and back-of-house
management
Senior Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ellenwood, GANovember 23, 2015
Management is unorganized. There's no leadership skills. It was an ok job at the beginning then they started to make the wrong staff changes.
Cons
lacks leadership
slave driving, low pay not a good place
delivery driver (Former Employee) –  cincinnati ohio 45002November 18, 2013
delivery driver they watch every move you make they have guys in the warehouse who have never driven a route telling you waht time you should get done. I am out trying to make deliveries and keep the customers happy, management does not have a clue work was easy jusy could not make enough and no raises to speak of
Pros
being on my own driving
Cons
low pay, micro management, know it all coworkers
one of the worst companies to work for!
former driver (Former Employee) –  ellenwoodApril 9, 2013
Low pay with inconsistant raises! My way or the high type policy. I was in the company for nearly a decade as a driver for the distibution center and as a person of color there is no room for growth. I was told to just be content like most people when i asked for a new role! My suggestion, pass this one up!
Pros
monday thru friday, weekends off
Cons
everything, you lose your entire indentity and become a puppet or inmate with benefits.
Change in Management
Driver/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Seville, OHAugust 12, 2015
I was in charge of routing trucks, billing and collection of payments. Every morning I routed the trucks and sent them out according to what needed to be done, and I did it in the most effective way possible. I really liked my job until they changed management in which was not for the better. Production and sales slowed. Overall was a great company to work for until they made a few unneeded changes.
Pros
Flexible schedule while I was going to school.
Cons
Management was terrible last 6 months I was there.
Great coworkers, bad managers and corporate workers
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Peachtree City, GaOctober 22, 2015
Kauffman Tire was a great job, but the managers and corporate people made it hard on the workers. But even with that in mind, i still learned a lot about mechanical work. They sent me to school in Americus, Ga for 5 state certifications. Also, they helped me achieve an ASE Certification in a/c work.
Pros
hourly plus commission pay
Cons
Bad leadership
Typical daily schedule
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Ellenwood, GaDecember 13, 2012
Came in get route information, learned to set up route for delivery,
get to know customers and talk to them about the business of the day. Talk to co workers about things that seen during the day about
things in the field. Had to keep customers happy.
Pros
praised from customer on well job. drive and see country side
Cons
not enough hours. didn't have a regular route
Great company with bad intentions
Inside Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 27, 2014
Kauffman is a great company but treat employees very badly. No intention to promote employees and no raises or any rewarding for going about and beyond. I love sales and I love the tire industry. I wish it could've worked out.
Pros
great hours, great boss
Cons
no promotions, or compentsation upgrades
very busy and fun work environment
Service Technician/ Sales (Former Employee) –  Buford, GAJuly 1, 2015
enjoyed very much working there some very long hours which paid off to be a master in customer service and management. learned many skills in automotive repair .most best part of the job was a customer leaving happy.
Stepping stone for something better.
Asstiant Store Manager/Technician (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaFebruary 9, 2014
Ok place to work, hourly salary is good, spiff is unattainable unless your the only technician in the shop. Upper management is horrible. Never happy with any sales or service results.
Pros
good hourly pay
Cons
management, expensive insurance, upper management
Good place to work great co workers
General Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Roswell GaAugust 10, 2014
I was a General Service Tech. I would handle low level car maintenance, like oil changes and flat repairs.
Pros
great benifits
Cons
had to get pretty dirty everyday and work in the heat.
Turning on a dime is not always a good thing.
Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Based in AtlantaOctober 19, 2014
When it come to tires turning on a dime is a good thing. For a business it's not for several reasons. These are observations and are my opinion of the overall experience I had while employed by Kauffman Tire.
1. Changing company direction whether for pricing and sales because you want to be a "leader" in the industry tends to leave customers behind. Because the customer is not made aware of the changes.
2. Deciding a customer is not a good partner and dropping the customer because they are difficult send the wrong message. It is a reflection of outside sales and management not asking the right questions or worse listening to the customers needs.
3. Management paralyzed by fear by upper management to the point of non action. Micro management under threat was a constant in the work place.
Pros
no goals or direction
Cons
management changing pricing without notice.

2.7