Kawasaki Employee Reviews

It is what you make of it
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NENovember 7, 2017
It is what you make of it. Because it can be a great job but it can also be a very stressful environment. But while i was working there i had great co-workers and supervisors which made my time smooth.
assembly line work
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Maryville, MOOctober 18, 2017
working and putting together motors for lawn mowers on an assembly line. mostly friendly co-workers, injured hand due to a slow employee before me on the assembly line.
Pros
friendly co-workers
Cons
injured hand
Good if you're looking for manufacturing work.
General Worker (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NESeptember 19, 2017
Kawasaki is a great place to work especially if you only have a high school diploma or GED. The pay is great if you stick around and get hired on as a permanent employee. They also provide training if you want to become a welder.

It has been awhile since the last time I worked there so things may have change. The only cons is you must be hired through a temp agency, only afterwards will they ask you to get hired permanently. Also the nature of the products they suffer alot during economic swings so unless you work on the railcar line dont look for job security. Also the plant is located on the outskirts of town so expect a long drive to work.
productive
parts delivery to lines (Former Employee) –  Maryville, MOSeptember 17, 2017
I didn't mind the work I couldn't handle the music to all of the lines, I didn't get along with one of the team leaders. I know a lot of people that work there and love it but I didn't care for it much.
Cons
music for lines
Huge workplace
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEAugust 20, 2017
They have an excellent management system that get you in and trained fast they offer a dozen positions to choose from and if your not comfortable with one you may choose another
Pros
Big break room
Cons
Short breaks
Learn a Lot
Material Control/ Forklift Driver (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTAugust 8, 2017
Management great communication learn everyday something new
workplace safety peace place the hardest part restore shelf the most enjoyable part of the job is receive and ship out great communication with the driver
Pros
break room tv area
Cons
shore break
not for everyone
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Morristown, TNAugust 7, 2017
great opportunities for advancement, more mandatory overtime than I could handle, management needs more training. Great pay, not many incentives, no bonuses.
friendly
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  United StatesAugust 7, 2017
I enjoyed my job at kawasaki i enjoyed learning new skills,however lost my job when my son at the age of 12, lost all feeling in his legs, and wasnt able to walk for a year and half. i had to take him to shriners once a week for year than he got better i took time off but wasnt able to take family medical leave because i hadnt work ther elong enough and had just been on leave for myself.
Pros
free dinner on holidays
Cons
long work hours
Good Company
Welder / Painter (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJune 23, 2017
This is a fast paced place when welding. Although it is Mig welding, it is an assembly line and you need to be able to keep up. They expect you to learn quick and keep moving.
Pros
Good People
Cons
Low Pay
Fun Job
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJune 7, 2017
I enjoyed working here. There was alot to learn if you applied yourself and potiential for advancement. I would work here again if i could. The team environment was fun to work with.
Productive and fun work place
production worker (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEApril 27, 2017
They have fast pace work envirement and they have a pace you keep unless something breaks down i loved working there and there very understanding about life, weathter you have a family very good place to work for
Pros
cafe famly day
Cons
some managers play favorites
good company
Rail Car Technician (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTApril 18, 2017
The company is good. Do what you have to do and you will be fine. The work can be fast pace at times. There are days when it does get kind of slow. Overall the company good.
good company with good pay
Rail Car Tech Inspector - Contract (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 22, 2017
The work atmosphere is awesome. There is a heavy emphasis on work-life balance so you never feel overly pressured or stressed out. The people are some of the most laid back and easy to work with people that I’ve met in the company
good first job not for long term.
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Maryville, MOMarch 8, 2017
job is consistent with little change.
not much down time for restroom breaks or lunch
really didn't pay that well
and you do the same thing all day everyday
Pros
its a job
Cons
breaks and pay
great place to work with great hours
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 7, 2017
Great workers, they really make you feel welcomed as if you are part of the family. The manager is a nice man who you can tell has a passion for what he does.
Pros
flexable hours, lunch breaks
Cons
no health benifits
poor workplace environment
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Maryville, MOJanuary 24, 2017
Easily acquired job. but unfortunately the environment is poor, as is the pay. management seems to care little about temps. Little incentive for advancment
Boring
Floater (Former Employee) –  Maryville, MOJanuary 4, 2017
This is a very boring job. The starting pay isnt enough for how much you have to do. The breaks are to short and the line managers are more worried about walking around then helping you.
Very productive. Very Repetitive
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Maryville, MOOctober 27, 2016
You'll go into work, walk to your line and that's pretty much where you'll be at all day. You receive a 10 minute break and a 30 minute lunch every day. Everybody that works there is very mature and are really easy to work with. There's no real hard part of the job, just getting used to it.
Pros
A bunch of food to choose from for lunch.
Cons
Short 10 minute first break
Die Maintenance
Die maintenance (Former Employee) –  Morristown, TNSeptember 29, 2016
I worked the floor by pulling stuck parts out when needed, I also had to do some repairs on the dies when they messed up.I had to tear down dies, change date codes, and etc.
Pros
Love my job
Cons
Didn't have any
Only contract work
Supplier Quality Engineer, Manufacturer (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYAugust 28, 2016
perform product inspection and audits on various components at numerous suppliers with in the rail service.Only contract work performed for this company.
Pros
able to work from home
Cons
no benefits