Kawasaki Employee Reviews

Very productive. Very Repetitive
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Maryville, MOOctober 27, 2016
You'll go into work, walk to your line and that's pretty much where you'll be at all day. You receive a 10 minute break and a 30 minute lunch every day. Everybody that works there is very mature and are really easy to work with. There's no real hard part of the job, just getting used to it.
Pros
A bunch of food to choose from for lunch.
Cons
Short 10 minute first break
Die Maintenance
Die maintenance (Former Employee) –  Morristown, TNSeptember 29, 2016
I worked the floor by pulling stuck parts out when needed, I also had to do some repairs on the dies when they messed up.I had to tear down dies, change date codes, and etc.
Pros
Love my job
Cons
Didn't have any
Only contract work
Supplier Quality Engineer, Manufacturer (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYAugust 28, 2016
perform product inspection and audits on various components at numerous suppliers with in the rail service.Only contract work performed for this company.
Pros
able to work from home
Cons
no benefits
helpfull staff at finding you work
line crew (Former Employee) –  Maryville, TNJune 14, 2016
they can have a job for you in now time with a weekly pay and they are willing to work with you on your hours you work and they have a very nice and helpful staff
shipping dept
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Maryville, MOJanuary 4, 2016
The pay is good. I supplied parts to assembly. I learned the importance of putting the parts in the right spot. Management was usually helpful.
Pros
got to meet new people. felt acomplished
Cons
short breaks
Left Due to back injury that has been fixed
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEDecember 1, 2015
• Rotated through all tasks required in a particular production process
• Followed safety regulations set by company, while ensuring product quality was met
• Positioned, aligned and adjusted parts on assembly line as needed to ensure product standards were met
• Kept a clean, neat and safe work environment
dread going to work everyday
Engineer Technician (Current Employee) –  Maryville, MOSeptember 15, 2015
There is a lot of politics here and I'd rather enjoy my work place rather than dread it. It helped polish my skills from college and learn a lot. Now its time to move on with my career.
very productive place to work with an excellent cafeteia for employees
Assembly (Former Employee) –  Maryville, MOSeptember 1, 2015
A typical day at work would consist of standing on a line in one place for the entire shift, minus the one 10 min break and 20 min lunch. I learned a lot bout lawn mower engines and how to assemble them. I didn't really get to know any co-workers as this is a facility where there is no time to chat or converse. The hardest part of the job is standing on your feet all day and getting used to the fast pace work. The most enjoyable part of the job was the pay check every week.
Pros
awesome cafeteria
Cons
short breaks, long drive if you dont live in Maryville
great job with great benefits
Assembler (Former Employee) –  maryville, MOAugust 3, 2015
I learned how to assemble lawnmower motors. I now know how to build a cylinder head, how to place a breather plate, and how a crankshaft and pistons work together inside a motor.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
better communication from supervisors to team leads to line team members
Machine operator
Machine operator (Current Employee) –  Maryville moJune 30, 2015
I've learned a lot, like working as a team. A typical day at work is doing the some thing over and over again. to much management, one supervisor tell you one thing and the next supervisor would another thing, the hardest part of the job is that u feel like you are doing a great job, then you find out that all the parts you just made are bad and they point the finger alot
Pros
they play facoritism
Cons
short breaks and no sonority
Production Work
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEMay 23, 2015
Typically going to work at Kawasaki was more of a routine to pay bills for me. It was not my dream job or within the professional environment I had envisioned myself working in. I would always arrive early, however, and ready to start my day. Kawasaki, like most warehouses, have strict safety policies. Due to their safety concerns Kawasaki required all of their employees to participate in morning routine stretches. I enjoyed these and believed they really did prevent a lot of 'on the job' injuries.
After stretches we would go to our assigned areas. My area was part of the production line for their fiberglass parts. After painting they would come to my area to be polished, sanded, and inspected. If the part was no good or too damaged to be fixed in my area they would be racked in a specific location and transported back to the line to be stripped of paint and re painted.
I was also required to keep track of parts coming, going, good or bad.
Best Company Ive Ever Worked For
IT Systems Analyst/Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEApril 29, 2015
Companies like Kawasaki are rare. I truly cannot say enough good about working for this company. Such a friendly atmosphere. Its like a big family. Also, cannot say enough good about the Management. I personally worked in Railcar, and the company has done so much for myself as well as my family that they have gained my respect for life.
Pros
Management/Worklife Balance/Atmosphere/Advancement/Everything
fun
Cafeteria Worker (Former Employee) –  Maryville, MOApril 17, 2015
This was my favorite place to work. I made food for production to eat on their breaks. I learned a lot of different recipes. The management was very friendly. The coworkers were amazing. The hardest part was figuring out what to cook. The most enjoyable part was getting to eat for free.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Line Assembly
Maintenance Parts Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEApril 2, 2015
Nice days in the AC Office just keeping the crib organized and helping anybody that need any materials they needed to do there job.
good work place
Labor Worker (Former Employee) –  Mound City, MOFebruary 21, 2015
it was 8 hours a day did the same thing all day, I would clean off parts when they would come out and make sure they had no cracks in it. this job didn't really learn much but that assembly line that how to clean off the parts and how they are made. the management was good the would check in if you was doing ok because it was so hot in there. my co-workers were nice we became friends at work and out of work they were nice friends. the hardest part about the job would have to be the heat it got to 115 almost 120 one day in there because we are right by the smelter that forms the parts. the most enjoyable part of this job would have to be meeting new people
Pros
paid weekly, nice people
Cons
the heat short breaks.
fun
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEAugust 26, 2014
i ver much enjoyed working for this company i was very sad to leave
Pros
fun to come to work
Cons
long days very hot
I need insurance for my famley
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJanuary 20, 2014
running to get carts and sometimes other jobs I learned where about people how to and what the different things they made and used management was very good the hardest part of the job was getting used to the lifting but you always have that most of my co works were ease to get along with the most enjoyable part was seeing the end product
Pros
it was easy
Cons
no benifent at least not for some time
Productive always on the move
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NENovember 15, 2013
Good place to work. Quick learners welcome!
Learned team work and special techniques
Fast pace and challenging
Assembly worker (Former Employee) –  Maryville, MOOctober 23, 2013
I worked on the assembly line where I put control panels and air filters on lawn mower engines. What I learned from this job was that I am capable of learning new things, things I have never done before and how to push myself to do it the best I could. I had multiple team leaders who would help me if I got behind and wouldn't complain about it and would tell me that I was doing a good job and it was normal for someone who has never done a job like this to get behind. I always make friends at any job I'm at which is a huge part of why I love working with and around people. I still have co-workers that I talk to, to this day. The hardest part of this job was standing in one spot doing the same thing over and over again everyday. The most enjoyable part of this job was my co-workers they made my days more exciting and made me happy to go to work.
Not really work.
Temporary Employee (Current Employee) –  Maryville, MOMay 7, 2013
I loved working there just don't like the lay-off.
The whole plant doesn't start their day until we do morning stretches. They area I was in allowed drinks and restroom breaks when needed. Co-workers and management seemed nice and funny at times. I enjoyed knowing I was getting paid every week.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kawasaki. Our community is ready to answer.